Saturday, October 31, 2020

Week of October 31, 2020 - Harry Styles (4)

Harry Styles (4)
Happy Halloween everyone! This week’s Countdown would’ve been absolutely perfect if it wasn’t for three major things all including One Direction guys. Yeah. But, all that being said, this was still a great week. Before we get started, I’d just like to point out that we’re almost done the 2019 Ultimate Rank and I plan to reveal #10-#6 and the rest of the Hit-Bound dropouts, so don’t forget to do Community Rankings, which you can find the link for here. Also, if you’d like to participate in October’s Callout Scores, you can scroll to the last post or click this link. Here’s the exits this week (!).

Songs We’re Saying Goodbye To
OK Not To Be OK - Marshmello/Demi Lovato (#25) [#20] {5 weeks}
Moral of the Story - Ashe/Niall Horan (#19) [6 weeks at #1] {24 weeks} [x2]
cardigan - Taylor Swift (#13) [#12] {13 weeks}

Last Week’s #1: Falling - Harry Styles (3)

#30: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug (DEBUT) [0 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#29: Haunt You - X Lovers/chloe moriondo (+1) [#29] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#28: Baby, I’m Jealous - Bebe Rexha/Doja Cat (+1) [#28] {3 weeks}
#27: Mad at Disney - salem ilese (-6) [#21] {3 weeks}
#26: Be Happy (Remix) - Dixie D’Amelio/blackbear/Lil Mosey (-3) [#23] {3 weeks}
#25: ily (i love you baby) - Surf Mesa/Emilee (+2) [#13] {8 weeks}
#24: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke (+2) [#24] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#23: positions - Ariana Grande (DEBUT) [1 week in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#22: Be Like That - Kane Brown/Swae Lee/Khalid (-5) [#11] {14 weeks}
#21: Diamonds - Sam Smith (+1) [#21] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#20: Holy - Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper (+4) [#20] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#19: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo (-5) [#4] {15 weeks}
#18: Golden - Harry Styles (DEBUT) [5* weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#17: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth (-8) [#3] {21 weeks}
#16: Dynamite - BTS (+2) [#16] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#15: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby (+1) [#15] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#14: Save Myself - Ashe (-3) [#9] {7 weeks}
#13: my ex’s best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear (+7) [#13] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#12: Kings & Queens - Ava Max (-5) [#2] {18 weeks}
#11: Small Talk - Niall Horan (+17) [#11] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#10: Midnight Sky - Miley Cyrus (-) [#6] {10 weeks}
#9: Heather - Conan Gray (-3) [#6] {14 weeks}
#8: Monsters - All Time Low/blackbear (+4) [#8] {7 weeks} *new peak*
#7: you broke me first - Tate McRae (+8) [#7] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#6: Bang! - AJR (-2) [#3] {11 weeks}
#5: Wonder - Shawn Mendes (+3) [#5] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#4: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello (-1) [1 week at #1] {15 weeks}
#3: Wildflower - 5 Seconds of Summer (-1) [#2] {10 weeks}
#2: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior (+3) [#2] {10 weeks} *new peak*
#1: Falling - Harry Styles (-) [4th week at #1] {9 weeks}

Last Year’s #1: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid [1/1 week at #1]

Countdown Extra: Take You Dancing - Jason Derulo

It’s almost… spooky how this next song skipped Hit-Bound. (Yeah, I’m sorry about that) It’s Go Crazy by Chris Brown and Young Thug, a song that’s been on my Hot 100 posts for a while now and it makes its debut here at #30. I’m really happy that this song is here. It’s been on pop radio for a while now and was actually the only song on the Billboard Pop chart that Hits 1 hadn’t picked up on, but that’s done now. Anyways, Chris Brown sounds great here, especially in the hook, which is pretty catchy. Young Thug delivers hands-down the best verse he’s ever given. He actually sounds great, which is something I thought I’d never describe Young Thug sounding. Yeah, this is a good song and I’m honestly quite happy that Hits 1 has started picking up on rap songs, as this is also the year I started to like rap.

So Ariana Grande released her album Positions this week and I started listening to it, but then had to stop because for one thing, I didn’t have much time when I was listening to it yesterday and most of the songs blended together and they were kind of boring. Of course, I’m gonna have to probably review the entire album in a couple week’s time on my Hot 100 post, at which point I’ll have a more thorough opinion on it (and will have listened to the whole thing). Anyways, the title track from that album debuts at #23 this week, positions. This is definitely a highlight of the album… (again, from what I’ve heard. You know what? Just keep that in mind for the rest of the review) Ari sounds quite good here and although the production’s not too interesting, I like the use of the violins and the song itself is pretty catchy and honestly just solid as a whole. I think this’ll do pretty well on radio, but not nearly as well as songs like no tears left to cry or 7 rings.

(Sighs). So Harry Styles scores his fifth song from his album Fine Line on the Weekend Countdown and this’ll probably end up being his fourth #1 from that album especially considering it’s actually been released (unlike Falling, which I’ll get to later). Golden is a pretty uninteresting song and I sincerely hope that this is the last thing we hear from Harry for a while. Just for Hits 1’s sake, I actually quite liked most of the singles. I definitely wouldn’t go as far to say that this is the worst single, that would definitely go to Adore You, but it’s not good. The “DODODODODODODODODO” part is actually kind of annoying and the song as a whole is quite boring and he doesn’t sound particularly good here. I hope this doesn’t do well, but it’s Harry Styles, so it will.

Best Debut: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug

Biggest DROP!!!: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth (-8): I’m really satisfied with the amount of success that this song got on here and it’s kind of starting to fade on me due to overplay, so this is a really well-timed drop.

Biggest Jump: Small Talk - Niall Horan (+17): Okay, really? Like, I get that we can’t let a Niall Horan song slip by, I get it. But does every song of his that actually debuts (I say this because of Put A Little Love On Me and Black And White) have to hit #1? This isn’t actually that good. Whatever. Hopefully, Mood can notch a couple weeks at #1 before this gets to it.

Countdown Ranking

0 - Crap:
#30: Heather - Conan Gray
#29: Haunt You - X Lovers/chloe moriondo

1 - Bad:
#28: ily (i love you baby) - Surf Mesa/Emilee
#27: Golden - Harry Styles

2 - Mediocre:
#26: Small Talk - Niall Horan

3 - Decent:
#25: Save Myself - Ashe
#24: Be Like That - Kane Brown/Swae Lee/Khalid
#23: Midnight Sky - Miley Cyrus
#22: Baby, I’m Jealous - Bebe Rexha/Doja Cat

4 - Good:
#21: Wildflower - 5 Seconds of Summer
#20: Kings & Queens - Ava Max
#19: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth
#18: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke
#17: Be Happy (Remix) - Dixie D’Amelio/blackbear/Lil Mosey

5 - Great:
#16: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo
#15: Wonder - Shawn Mendes
#14: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#13: Diamonds - Sam Smith
#12: Holy - Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper
#11: Mad at Disney - salem ilese
#10: my ex’s best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#9: Falling - Harry Styles
#8: positions - Ariana Grande
#7: Monsters - All Time Low/blackbear
#6: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello
#5: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug
#4: Dynamite - BTS
#3: Bang! - AJR
#2: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior
#1: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby

Overall Score: 116/150 = 77%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Bang! - AJR {11 weeks}
#4: Be Like That - Kane Brown/Swae Lee/Khalid & Heather - Conan Gray {14 weeks}
#3: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo & Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello {15 weeks}
#2: Kings & Queens - Ava Max {18 weeks}
#1: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth {21 weeks}

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: A Little Bit Yours - JP Saxe

My Favourite Song Last Year: Time - NF

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: Truth Hurts - Lizzo

Most Missed Countdown Song: Sweet but Psycho - Ava Max (Best Semi-Halloween Song I Could Think of That I Know for Sure Was on the Countdown)

Hit-Bound
Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney [2*]
Bummerland - AJR [4*]
Hate The Way - G-Eazy/blackbear [3*]
Head & Heart - Joel Corry/MNEK [3; 2nd time]
FRANCHISE - Travis Scott/Young Thug/M.I.A. [6*]
Lonely - Justin Bieber/benny blanco [3*]
Fallin’ (Adrenaline) - Why Don’t We [5]
Lemonade - Internet Money/Gunna/Don Toliver/NAV [1]
Broke Boy - Malia Civetz [4*]
Tap In - Saweetie [13*]
Take You Dancing - Jason Derulo [4*]
Wishing Well - Juice WRLD [14*]
Overwhelmed - Royal & the Serpent [8*]
Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk [5; 2nd time]

Wow, I’m good at recommending songs. Geez. That’s right, Lemonade by Internet Money, Gunna, Don Toliver and NAV makes its debut this week. How, you might ask? I actually have no clue since this hasn’t played on legit any pop radio station. But, boy am I happy. This song is legit fantastic and I’d honestly say it has a fair shot at #1 of 2020 for me. The production here is great, Internet Money did a very good job with the guitar and the beat. Everybody here sounds fantastic. Don Toliver does a great job with the hook and his voice works really well with it. Both Gunna and NAV’s verses are great and I love them both so much. Roddy Ricch even remixed this song and I would like it more than the original, but he edited out Gunna and NAV and gave Don Toliver a verse. Roddy’s verse is great, but the rest brings it down. I cannot tell you how much I want this to debut.

Diamonds pulled a Sunday Best, but only because Sam Smith hosted Hit-Bound this week.

Also, this is one of the very first weeks that we haven’t had any other songs available for vote, which is really weird. I think the Voting Poll might stop updating, because you can’t get to it from their website.

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Crap:
#14: Tap In - Saweetie

1 - Bad:
#13: Lonely - Justin Bieber/benny blanco

2 - Mediocre:
NONE!

3 - Decent:
#12: Overwhelmed - Royal & the Serpent
#11: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney

4 - Good:
#10: Bummerland - AJR
#9: Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk
#8: FRANCHISE - Travis Scott/Young Thug/M.I.A.
#7: Head & Heart - Joel Corry/MNEK

5 - Great:
#6: Hate The Way - G-Eazy/blackbear
#5: Take You Dancing - Jason Derulo
#4: Fallin’ (Adrenaline) - Why Don’t We
#3: Wishing Well - Juice WRLD
#2: Broke Boy - Malia Civetz
#1: Lemonade - Internet Money/Gunna/Don Toliver/NAV

Overall Score: 53/70 = 76%

I’m Switchin’ My Blurb-sitions for You

We lost three songs this week, OK Not To Be OK, Moral of the Story and cardigan. OK Not To Be OK was forgettable, so I don’t really care whatsoever that it’s gone. cardigan stayed here for much longer than it stayed anywhere else and I’m quite satisfied with its performance here even if it never broke the top 10. Moral of the Story is finally gone!!! It never should’ve re-entered in the first place, let alone get six weeks at #1, so I’m very glad that it’s not here anymore.

With MotS moving out, it makes I Hope the oldest song on the Countdown, which just kind of feels weird to say, since it debuted after the 30-song switch.

Control left Hit-Bound this week and I couldn’t care less what that song did with itself although it did stay for a tad long.

Mad at Disney has found its way into the bottom 5, which sucks because it’s actually a good song. It deserves to be higher than at least ily.

Looks like Be Like That’s gonna be heading out soon, which I’m fine with. It got old pretty quickly.

Savage Love’s also probably gonna leave soon, so I’m a little sad about that, although I’m happy it reached the top 5.

my ex’s best friend actually jumped up into the top 15 this week, which I’m definitely happy about.

Yeah Heather dropped!

you broke me first is actually moving, man. I seriously did not expect this to do anything on the Countdown, but now it’s at #7 with less spins than Be Like That? Okay.

Yeah, Wonder’s gonna dethrone Wildflower from #1, isn’t it?

So Mood found its way to #2 this week. Which I would be happy about, except for the fact that Falling’s losing airplay and it should’ve moved out of #1 this week. Hopefully, Mood takes the #1 sometime in the next couple of weeks even if only for one week.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#1: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior
#3: Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk
#4: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#5: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo
#6: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth
#7: Dynamite - BTS
#8: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
#9: Holy - Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper
#10: Lemonade - Internet Money/Gunna/Don Toliver/NAV
#11: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#12: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#14: Lonely - Justin Bieber/benny blanco
#15: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug
#18: WHATS POPPIN (Remix) - Jack Harlow/Tory Lanez/DaBaby/Lil Wayne
#19: Circles - Post Malone
#20: Be Like That - Kane Brown/Swae Lee/Khalid
#22: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello
#24: Kings & Queens - Ava Max
#25: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke
#26: Bang! - AJR
#27: ily (i love you baby) - Surf Mesa/Emilee
#30: Wonder - Shawn Mendes
#31: Adore You - Harry Styles
#33: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek
#34: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa
#36: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa
#39: FRANCHISE - Travis Scott/Young Thug/M.I.A.
#43: I Should Probably Go To Bed - Dan + Shay
#46: POPSTAR - DJ Khaled/Drake
#47: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby
#48: Midnight Sky - Miley Cyrus
#53: Tap In - Saweetie
#54: my ex’s best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#55: Wishing Well - Juice WRLD
#58: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#60: Diamonds - Sam Smith
#61: 7 Summers - Morgan Wallen
#64: Heather - Conan Gray
#71: Hate The Way - G-Eazy/blackbear
#79: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney
#80: OK Not To Be OK - Marshmello/Demi Lovato
#84: Ice Cream - BLACKPINK/Selena Gomez
#87: Breaking Me - Topic/A7S
#88: cardigan - Taylor Swift

Top 10 on the Hunger Games Countdown
#10: Nice to Meet Ya - Meghan Trainor/Nicki Minaj
#9: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas
#8: Kings & Queens - Ava Max
#7: Backyard Boy - Claire Rosinkranz
#6: Daisies - Katy Perry
#5: Midnight - Alesso/Liam Payne
#4: Ice Cream - BLACKPINK/Selena Gomez
#3: Toosie Slide - Drake
#2: Mind Is A Prison - Alec Benjamin
#1: Good Thing - Zedd/Kehlani

Top 10 If the Countdown Made Sense
#10: ily (i love you baby) - Surf Mesa/Emilee
#9: Wonder - Shawn Mendes
#8: Be Like That - Kane Brown/Swae Lee/Khalid
#7: Holy - Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper
#6: Dynamite - BTS
#5: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello
#4: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo
#3: Kings & Queens - Ava Max
#2: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth
#1: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all later.

50 comments:

  1. Bc Hits1 stans Harry Styles and Conan Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I actually have no clue since this hasn’t played on legit any pop radio station."
    It has played on Venus many times

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know exactly where Diamonds landed when it was played on Hit-Bound?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In between Broke Boy and Tap In.

      Delete
    2. What's going on here? I haven't been posting/commenting in almost 2 months now and what's with all the music talking here, It feels like I'm missing a lot of countdown and Hitbound posts.

      Delete
  4. #teammonstersisnotasgoodassomekindofdisasterbutitisstillgreatbcblackbearaddsalotandblackbearisastan

    Fudge Hits 1.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Lonely: 26 spins
    Laugh Now Cry Later: 21 spins
    Head & Heart: 20 spins
    FRANCHISE: 17 spins
    Take You Dancing: 14 spins
    Overwhelmed: 13 spins
    Hate The Way: 12 spins
    going out: 11 spins
    Tap In: 7 spins

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Lonely: 27 spins
    Laugh Now Cry Later: 22 spins
    Head & Heart: 18 spins
    FRANCHISE: 17 spins
    Take You Dancing: 16 spins
    Overwhelmed: 16 spins
    Hate The Way: 14 spins
    going out: 13 spins
    Tap In: 5 spins

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just did a Hits 1 survey!

    Countdown Songs They Didn't Ask About:
    Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo
    I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth
    Kings & Queens - Ava Max
    Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello

    Hit-Bound Songs They Asked About:
    Hate The Way - G-Eazy/blackbear
    Head & Heart - Joel Corry/MNEK
    FRANCHISE - Travis Scott/Young Thug/M.I.A.
    Lonely - Justin Bieber/benny blanco
    Fallin' (Adrenaline) - Why Don't We
    Take You Dancing - Jason Derulo
    Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk
    going out - ROLE MODEL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did one too and I found the same results

      Delete
    2. I hit home when I was bopping to Fallin' and accidentally was bopping to levitating and hit I'm a little tired of it, don't kill me

      Delete
    3. Broke Boy needs to debut soon I need to listen

      Delete
    4. And Bummerland needs to debut also I also never heard that song

      Delete
    5. Wait.....what? I haven't been commenting in almost 2 months and I was busy with other things, what's going on?

      Delete
  8. Hey guys, just wondering if anyone wants to do Callout Scores for October, you can either hit the older post button or open up this link:
    https://belugasweekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2020/10/callout-scores-october-2020.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Double new hits 1 plays
    34+35 - Ariana Grande
    Goodbye - Shaylen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Lonely: 28 spins
    Laugh Now Cry Later: 22 spins
    Overwhelmed: 19 spins
    Take You Dancing: 17 spins
    FRANCHISE: 15 spins
    Hate The Way: 13 spins
    going out: 13 spins
    Head & Heart: 11 spins
    Tap In: 4 spins
    Put Your Records On: 2 spins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like Tap In is dropping out of Hit-Bound. Beluga, be happy about that.

      Delete
    2. Ok, I don't know what the fuck is going on here, but it wants me to prove I'm not a robot. Fight me!

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Lonely: 28 spins
    going out: 28 spins
    Laugh Now Cry Later: 22 spins
    Overwhelmed: 22 spins
    Take You Dancing: 18 spins
    Hate The Way: 13 spins
    FRANCHISE: 13 spins
    Head & Heart: 6 spins
    Put Your Records On: 5 spins
    Fallin': 3 spins
    Tap In: 1 spin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Guys, I only have two responses for Callout Scores, and one of them is me. I'll still do it, but it would be nice to have a few other people so that there aren't as many ties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to do Callout Scores, you can hit the "older post" button and the links for the forms are there.

      Delete
  14. Link for My New Blog: https://tylerssxmcountdownandhitboundreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey guys, Biden might be winning even though I hate him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually like Biden and agreed he could be winning

      Delete
  16. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Dakiti - Bad Bunny/Jhay Cortez

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    going out: 36 spins
    Lonely: 24 spins
    Laugh Now Cry Later: 24 spins
    Overwhelmed: 20 spins
    Take You Dancing: 19 spins
    Hate The Way: 14 spins
    FRANCHISE: 14 spins
    Put Your Records On: 10 spins
    Fallin': 9 spins

    ReplyDelete
  18. R.I.P. the voting poll I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  19. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: HAWÁi (REMIX) - MALUMA/THE WEEKND

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    going out: 48 spins
    Lonely: 24 spins
    Laugh Now Cry Later: 23 spins
    Take You Dancing: 19 spins
    Overwhelmed: 18 spins
    FRANCHISE: 16 spins
    Put Your Records On: 15 spins
    Hate The Way: 13 spins
    Fallin': 13 spins

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)