Friday, October 2, 2020

Hot 100 Top 40: Week of October 3, 2020 - BTS (3)

BTS (3)
Welcome, welcome welcome! This is probably BTS' last week at #1 before Travis Scott inevitably steals the #1, then Shawn Mendes swoops in with a #1. So enjoy it well while it's here.

Songs We're Saying Goodbye To
Savage (Remix) - Megan Thee Stallion/Beyoncé (#40) [1 week at #1] {26 weeks}
Die From A Broken Heart - Maddie & Tae (#38) [#22] {9 weeks}
Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande (#37) [1 week at #1] {15 weeks} [x2]
OK Not To Be OK - Marshmello/Demi Lovato (#36) [#36] {1 week}
My Window - YoungBoy Never Broke Again/Lil Wayne (#35) [#35] {1 week}
The Bones - Maren Morris (#29) [#12] {38 weeks}

Last Week's #1: WAP - Cardi B/Megan Thee Stallion (4)

#40: Chasin' You - Morgan Wallen (RE-ENTRY) [#16] {20 weeks}
#39: Midnight Sky - Miley Cyrus (-5) [#14] {5 weeks}
#38: Kings & Queens - Ava Max (DEBUT) [1 week On the Verge] {1 week}
#37: ily (i love you baby) - Surf Mesa/Emilee (DEBUT) [2 weeks On the Verge] {1 week}
#36: Life Is Good - Future/Drake (-3) [#2] {37 weeks}
#35: Rags2Riches - Rod Wave/ATR Son Son (-3) [#12] {7 weeks}
#34: More Than My Hometown - Morgan Wallen (+5) [#34] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#33: Bang! - AJR (DEBUT) [3 weeks On the Verge] {1 week}
#32: Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa (-4) [#2] {41 weeks}
#31: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels (-1) [#27] {5 weeks}
#30: The Woo - Pop Smoke/50 Cent/Roddy Ricch (-3) [#11] {11 weeks}
#29: Cool Again - Kane Brown (+2) [#29] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#28: Tap In - Saweetie (-4) [#20] {5 weeks}
#27: Be Like That - Kane Brown/Swae Lee/Khalid (-2) [#22] {7 weeks}
#26: Lovin' On You - Luke Combs (-3) [#23] {5 weeks}
#25: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa (-5) [#13] {26 weeks}
#24: Said Sum - Moneybagg Yo (DEBUT) [4 weeks On the Verge] {1 week}
#23: Adore You - Harry Styles (-5) [#6] {41 weeks}
#22: One Of Them Girls - Lee Brice (-3) [#19] {4 weeks}
#21: Got What I Got - Jason Aldean (-) [#21] {5 weeks}
#20: Mood Swings - Pop Smoke/Lil Tjay (+6) [#17] {8 weeks}
#19: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello (-2) [#2] {11 weeks}
#18: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek (-4) [#4] {26 weeks}
#17: Circles - Post Malone (-1) [3 weeks at #1] {56 weeks}
#16: Lemonade - Internet Money/Gunna/Don Toliver/NAV (+6) [#16] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#15: For The Night - Pop Smoke/Lil Baby/DaBaby (-) [#6] {12 weeks}
#14: POPSTAR - DJ Khaled/Drake (-2) [#3] {10 weeks}
#13: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug (-) [#9] {16 weeks}
#12: WHATS POPPIN (Remix) - Jack Harlow/Tory Lanez/DaBaby/Lil Wayne (-2) [#2] {24 weeks}
#11: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi (-2) [#9] {20 weeks}
#10: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth (+1) [#10] {28 weeks}
#9: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo (-1) [#7] {13 weeks}
#8: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles (-1) [1 week at #1] {17 weeks}
#7: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd (-2) [4 weeks at #1] {39 weeks}
#6: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch (-2) [7 weeks at #1] {23 weeks}
#5: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior (+1) [#5] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#4: Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk (-1) [#2] {6 weeks}
#3: Holy - Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper (DEBUT) [0 weeks On the Verge] {1 week}
#2: WAP - Cardi B/Megan Thee Stallion (-1) [4 weeks at #1] {7 weeks}
#1: Dynamite - BTS (+1) [3rd week at #1] {5 weeks}

Last Year's #1: Truth Hurts - Lizzo [5/7 weeks at #1]

Chasin' You by Morgan Wallen re-entered at #40 this week. Not too disappointed, since it's good. But only good.

Kings & Queens by Ava Max actually entered the Top 40 this week with the release of her album, Heaven & Hell. I don't think there's too much to say about this song that I haven't already. Ava sounds great, the production's good, the lyrics are great. I guess all I have to say now is that I wish it the best in all its future endeavors and I hope it jumps even more.

Another Hits 1 song debuted this week, being ily by Surf Mesa and Emilee. I'm not too psyched that this is becoming a hit, as it's not very good. The vocals are good and Surf Mesa did a decent job production-wise, but the entire song is just four lines repeated over and over again, which isn't great. This is mediocre and I hope it doesn't jump any higher than where it is.

Woah. An AJR song just hit the Top 40 on the Hot 100. Let me say that again. An AJR song is in the Top 40!!! If you told me in February that this song would become a top 40 hit, I would not have believed you, but I'm SO HAPPY that it is. This is a fantastic song that deserves literally all of the success. It'll also probably hit #1 on the Weekend Countdown in the next couple of weeks. This is all and much more than I could've hoped for. WOOOOOOH!

Debuting surprisingly high at #24 is Said Sum by Moneybagg Yo. This isn't a very good song. I don't like Moneybagg Yo's voice and the production's kind of uninteresting. The chorus is very annoying though. He really doesn't sound good and I don't like the "what? Aah" part. This isn't good and I hope this doesn't jump and leaves soon.

At #3, we have a big release from Justin Bieber and Chance the Rapper, Holy. I quite like this song. The production's really cool and I like the slower groove that this song has. I think the choir was used really well here but the best part is easily Chance the Rapper's verse. He does a very good job. Bieber actually sounds pretty good too. Overall, this is a good song and I hope it's a hit, although I can definitely see this having a similar run to Stuck with U.

Best Debut: Bang! - AJR

Biggest Drop: Midnight Sky - Miley Cyrus, Break My Heart - Dua Lipa & Adore You - Harry Styles (-5): Don't care that any of these songs are dropping. Midnight Sky's forgettable, Break My Heart is old and I'm just glad that Adore You is finally out of the top 20.

Biggest Jump: Mood Swings - Pop Smoke/Lil Tjay & Lemonade - Internet Money/Gunna/Don Toliver/NAV (+6): Mood Swings faded on me, so I don't care that it jumped, but WOAH! Lemonade debuted low, then got the biggest jump two weeks in a row! Seriously hope it enters the top 10 soon.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: The Woo - Pop Smoke/50 Cent/Roddy Ricch
#4: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello
#3: Dynamite - BTS
#2: Lemonade - Internet Money/Gunna/Don Toliver/NAV
#1: Bang! - AJR

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: Said Sum - Moneybagg Yo
#4: Lovin' On You - Luke Combs
#3: Got What I Got - Jason Aldean
#2: Adore You - Harry Styles
#1: Tap In - Saweetie

Top 20 Ranking

0 - Crap:
NONE!

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#20: WAP - Cardi B/Megan Thee Stallion

3 - Decent:
#19: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#18: POPSTAR - DJ Khaled/Drake
#17: Mood Swings - Pop Smoke/Lil Tjay
#16: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi

4 - Good:
#15: Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk
#14: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth
#13: For The Night - Pop Smoke/Lil Baby/DaBaby

5 - Great:
#12: Circles - Post Malone
#11: Holy - Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper
#10: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo
#9: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#8: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek
#7: WHATS POPPIN (Remix) - Jack Harlow/Tory Lanez/DaBaby/Lil Wayne
#6: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug
#5: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
#4: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior
#3: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello
#2: Dynamite - BTS
#1: Lemonade - Internet Money/Gunna/Don Toliver/NAV

Overall Score: 86/100 = 86%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth {28 weeks}
#4: Life Is Good - Future/Drake {37 weeks}
#3: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd {39 weeks}
#2: Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa & Adore You - Harry Styles {41 weeks}
#1: Circles - Post Malone {56 weeks}

On the Verge
I Should Probably Go To Bed - Dan + Shay (#42) [6]
Some Girls - Jameson Rodgers (#43) [2]
Diamonds - Sam Smith (#51) [1]
ONE BEER - HARDY/Lauren Alaina/Devin Dawson (#52) [3]
Breaking Me - Topic/A7S (#53) [3]
Heather - Conan Gray (#54) [5]
Hawái - Maluma (#55) [4]
What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke (#56) [2]
Happy Anywhere - Blake Shelton/Gwen Stefani (#57) [1]
my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear (#58) [1]
7 Summers - Morgan Wallen (#59) [2; 2nd time*]
24 - Money Man/Lil Baby (#60) [2]
Pretty Heart - Parker McCollum (#61) [1]
One Too Many - Keith Urban/P!nk (#62) [1]
you broke me first - Tate McRae (#63) [1]

Sam Smith comes up as the first debut this week with their new song Diamonds. This is probably my favourite single from their album that's yet to be released, Love Goes. The production here is fantastic. Sam sounds amazing, as they always do and did I mention the production? Yes? Whatever. It's really good. The bass is easily the highlight and it really shines here. Great song, but I'm a little disappointed that it debuted lower than I'm Ready.

Pop Smoke released another single from Shoot For The Stars Aim For The Moon and though What You Know Bout Love is technically a re-entry, I'm counting it as a debut. It really sucks that Pop Smoke was murdered, because his stuff is really good. In fact, this song's actually played on Hits 1 and I can see why, because the hook is pretty pop-like. I think this was a pretty good choice for the next single. I think it has one of the more weak choruses, but the verses are definitely solid and Pop sounds great. Definitely enjoyable, but not one of the best songs on the album.

The second duet by Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani debuts next, called Happy Anywhere. This actually debuted a spot shy of On the Verge when it was released, but it's here now. Both Blake and Gwen sound  good and they have some pretty good chemistry. The chorus is pretty interesting and although I think the production game could've been upped a bit, it's still a good song.

I'm gonna keep this review short, since I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to review my ex's best friend by Machine Gun Kelly and blackbear tomorrow. This is a solid pop-rock song. Both artists sound really good here and I'm pretty glad that this is Machine Gun Kelly's next big single. Good song.

Both 7 Summers by Morgan Wallen and 24 by Money Man and Lil Baby re-entered On the Verge this week after being a little lower down. I seriously don't care about either of these songs.

Making me like a country song isn't that easy a feat, but three country songs managed to do that this week. The second one is Pretty Heart by Parker McCollum. I don't love the guitar here and it could be a bit faster, but I like the chorus and Parker actually sounds pretty good. The production really swells nicely in the chorus and I like the lyrics quite a bit. So yeah, this is a good country song. It is a bit on the long side though.

P!nk really likes to collaborate with country artists. I believe this is her third? Anyways, Keith Urban and P!nk teamed up to make One Too Many for Keith's new album, THE SPEED OF NOW Part 1. Both artists actually sound pretty good and I think P!nk does a really good job here. The chorus is honestly pretty catchy and I think Keith and P!nk actually work pretty well together. Overall, this is a solid song. I hope it's a hit.

I'm also probably gonna have to review this next week, you broke me first by Tate McRae. Tate sounds really good here and although it's a slow song, I actually find it pretty interesting to listen to, which is really what you want in a slow song. The um... "drop" I guess you could call it is pretty good too. Good song. Hope it's a hit.

Best Debut: Diamonds - Sam Smith

On the Verge Ranking

0 - Crap:
#15: Heather - Conan Gray

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#14: 7 Summers - Morgan Wallen

3 - Decent:
#13: Some Girls - Jameson Rodgers
#12: 24 - Money Man/Lil Baby

4 - Good:
#11: Pretty Heart - Parker McCollum
#10: Happy Anywhere - Blake Shelton/Gwen Stefani
#9: One Too Many - Keith Urban/P!nk
#8: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke

5 - Great:
#7: Hawái - Maluma
#6: ONE BEER - HARDY/Lauren Alaina/Devin Dawson
#5: I Should Probably Go To Bed - Dan + Shay
#4: my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#3: Breaking Me - Topic/A7S
#2: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#1: Diamonds - Sam Smith

Overall Score: 59/75 = 79%

'Cause the Way You Hold Me, Hold Me, Hold Me, Hold Me, Hold Me, Feels So Blurb-y

We lost six songs this week, Savage, Die From A Broken Heart, Rain On Me, OK Not To Be OK, My Window and The Bones. I'm sad that Savage and Rain On Me are gone although I'm happy with the amount of success that they got. I'm really glad to see Die From A Broken Heart gone, since it sucks, I don't really care that OK Not To Be OK and My Window are gone, since neither of them were gonna be hits anyways and The Bones probably should've left a while ago.

Not too much happened this week except for really two things:
1. They switched to the Charlie Puth remix of I Hope, which... whatever. It was destined to become bigger than the original, it was only a matter of time.
2. Dynamite replaced WAP for a third week at #1! Yay! I'm very glad that it's such a big hit.

Hot 100 Exits from Past Top 40 Songs
The Bones - Maren Morris (#29) [#12] {52 weeks}
One Margarita - Luke Bryan (#59) [#19] {20 weeks}
Got It On Me - Pop Smoke (#100) [#31] {10 weeks} [x2]

Both The Bones and One Margarita went to recurrents this week and I don't really care all that much for either of them at this point. As for Got It On Me, it's left before and I'm still sad that it wasn't a hit.

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all tomorrow.

14 comments:

  1. First even though that doesn't matter one iota

    ReplyDelete
  2. Songs That Will Probably Be Added with the Next Voting Poll Update:
    Wonder - Shawn Mendes
    Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby
    What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke
    Haunt You - X Lovers/chloe moriondo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've played Wonder, Levitating and What You Know multiple times and just played Haunt You for the first time a few minutes ago.

      Delete
    2. ***PLAY YOUR GANE BLASTS***

      Delete
    3. Can I plz say Hits 1 updated the voting poll?

      Delete
    4. Yeah, sure. I'll only let yours through if anybody else comments with it.

      Delete
    5. Beluga I’ll tell you sad news Stunnin’ and F2020 is leaving Hit-Bound.

      Delete
    6. Lose Somebody is heard as the most wutchuwanted song, and I'm very confused.

      Delete
  3. Just heard popstar. Thought it was off the voting poll. Also a couple weeks later i think tick tock will debut hitbound along with omg what's happening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Lose Somebody re-entered!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Entrys
    You Broke Me First
    Dynamite
    My Ex's Best Friend
    Lose Somebody

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)