Friday, October 23, 2020

Hot 100 Top 40: Week of October 24, 2020 - 24kGoldn/iann dior (1)

24kGoldn/iann dior (1)
Welcome to yet another super interesting post from me! I know. They never stop. Anyways, not too much happened this week, I only really have one song that I haven't reviewed yet, so let's jump into this week's list of exits.

Songs We're Saying Goodbye To
Lovin' On You - Luke Combs (#40) [#23] {7 weeks}
Fallin' - Why Don't We (#37) [#37] {1 week}
Many Men - 21 Savage/Metro Boomin (#33) [#33] {1 week}
Slidin - 21 Savage/Metro Boomin (#32) [#32] {1 week}
Don't Stop - Megan Thee Stallion/Young Thug (#30) [#30] {1 week}
Rich N**** S*** - 21 Savage/Metro Boomin/Young Thug (#26) [#26] {1 week}
Glock In My Lap - 21 Savage/Metro Boomin (#19) [#19] {1 week}

Last Week's #1: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo/BTS (1)

#40: POPSTAR - DJ Khaled/Drake (-6) [#3] {13 weeks}
#39: Rags2Riches - Rod Wave/ATR Son Son (RE-ENTRY) [#12] {9 weeks}
#38: The Woo - Pop Smoke/50 Cent/Roddy Ricch (RE-ENTRY) [#11] {13 weeks}
#37: Mood Swings - Pop Smoke/Lil Tjay (-1) [#17] {11 weeks}
#36: Runnin - 21 Savage/Metro Boomin (-27) [#9] {2 weeks}
#35: Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa (+4) [#2] {44 weeks}
#34: Some Girls - Jameson Rodgers (DEBUT) [4 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#33: Said Sum - Moneybagg Yo (RE-ENTRY) [#24] {3 weeks}
#32: Kings & Queens - Ava Max (RE-ENTRY) [#32] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#31: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek (-) [#4] {29 weeks}
#30: More Than My Hometown - Morgan Wallen (+8) [#30] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#29: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke (RE-ENTRY) [#29] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#28: ily (i love you baby) - Surf Mesa/Emilee (RE-ENTRY) [#28] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#27: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa (+2) [#13] {29 weeks}
#26: Bang! - AJR (+9) [#26] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#25: Adore You - Harry Styles (+3) [#6] {44 weeks}
#24: Mr. Right Now - 21 Savage/Metro Boomin/Drake (-14) [#10] {2 weeks}
#23: FRANCHISE - Travis Scott/Young Thug/M.I.A. (+2) [1 week at #1] {3 weeks}
#22: Wonder - Shawn Mendes (-4) [#18] {2 weeks}
#21: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello (+3) [#2] {14 weeks}
#20: Be Like That - Kane Brown/Swae Lee/Khalid (+7) [#20] {10 weeks} *new peak*
#19: Circles - Post Malone (+3) [3 weeks at #1] {59 weeks}
#18: WHATS POPPIN (Remix) - Jack Harlow/Tory Lanez/DaBaby/Lil Wayne (-2) [#2] {27 weeks}
#17: One Of Them Girls - Lee Brice (+3) [#17] {7 weeks} *new peak*
#16: Got What I Got - Jason Aldean (+7) [#16] {8 weeks} *new peak*
#15: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug (+2) [#9] {19 weeks}
#14: Holy - Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper (-) [#3] {4 weeks}
#13: For The Night - Pop Smoke/Lil Baby/DaBaby (+2) [#6] {15 weeks}
#12: Dreams - Fleetwood Mac (+9) [1 week at #1] {15 weeks}
#11: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi (+2) [#9] {23 weeks}
#10: Lemonade - Internet Money/Gunna/Don Toliver/NAV (+2) [#10] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#9: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles (+3) [1 week at #1] {20 weeks}
#8: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth (-) [#8] {31 weeks}
#7: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch (-) [7 weeks at #1] {26 weeks}
#6: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo (-5) [1 week at #1] {16 weeks}
#5: Dynamite - BTS (-3) [3 weeks at #1] {8 weeks}
#4: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd (+2) [4 weeks at #1] {42 weeks}
#3: Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk (+2) [#2] {9 weeks}
#2: WAP - Cardi B/Megan Thee Stallion (+1) [4 weeks at #1] {10 weeks}
#1: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior (+3) [1st week at #1] {9 weeks} *new peak*

Last Year's #1: Truth Hurts - Lizzo [7/7 weeks at #1]

Six out of seven of our entrants this week are re-entries from songs that left last week. The songs are: Rags2Riches, The Woo, Said Sum, Kings & Queens, What You Know Bout Love and ily. I'm glad both Pop Smoke songs are back and I hope they both stick around for a bit. I'm kind of indifferent about Rags2Riches and Kings & Queens, as I can't really see either of them sticking around for too long and I really hope that Said Sum and ily don't stay for long at all, but with my luck, they probably will.

Our only actual debut this week comes in at #34, Some Girls by Jameson Rodgers. Meh. This is just a country song really. It's kind of slow, Jameson's voice isn't special and nothing about it is particularly interesting or memorable. If this is your thing, great. It's just really not mine.

Biggest DROP!!!: Runnin - 21 Savage/Metro Boomin (-27): I definitely expected this to be a 21 Savage song, but I actually expected it to be Mr. Right Now and I'm quite glad that Mr. Right Now is higher than this.

Biggest Jump: Bang! - AJR & Dreams - Fleetwood Mac (+9): AJR and Fleetwood Mac. What a combination. Bang! and Dreams both jumped nine spots this week. For the former, I'm SO HAPPY. I never expected AJR to make it into the top 30 of the Hot 100 and I'm so glad that this was the song to do it. I hope this climbs even higher. As for the latter, I'm somewhat happy but I'm kind of confused. I've already explained what the deal with this song is and to have it at #12 is just really odd. Can't say I'm upset though, since Dreams is a good song.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: The Woo - Pop Smoke/50 Cent/Roddy Ricch
#4: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior
#3: Dynamite - BTS
#2: Bang! - AJR
#1: Lemonade - Internet Money/Gunna/Don Toliver/NAV

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: Runnin - 21 Savage/Metro Boomin
#4: ily (i love you baby) - Surf Mesa/Emilee
#3: Said Sum - Moneybagg Yo
#2: Got What I Got - Jason Aldean
#1: Adore You - Harry Styles

Top 20 Ranking

0 - Crap:
#20: Got What I Got - Jason Aldean

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#19: WAP - Cardi B/Megan Thee Stallion

3 - Decent:
#18: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#17: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi

4 - Good:
#16: Be Like That - Kane Brown/Swae Lee/Khalid
#15: Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk
#14: Dreams - Fleetwood Mac
#13: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth
#12: For The Night - Pop Smoke/Lil Baby/DaBaby

5 - Great:
#11: Circles - Post Malone
#10: Holy - Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper
#9: One Of Them Girls - Lee Brice
#8: WHATS POPPIN (Remix) - Jack Harlow/Tory Lanez/DaBaby/Lil Wayne
#7: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo
#6: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#5: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug
#4: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
#3: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior
#2: Dynamite - BTS
#1: Lemonade - Internet Money/Gunna/Don Toliver/NAV

Overall Score: 83/100 = 83%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek & Break My Heart - Dua Lipa {29 weeks}
#4: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth {31 weeks}
#3: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd {42 weeks}
#2: Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa & Adore You - Harry Styles {44 weeks}
#1: Circles - Post Malone {59 weeks}

On the Verge
ONE BEER - HARDY/Lauren Alaina/Devin Dawson (#41) [6]
I Should Probably Go To Bed - Dan + Shay (#44) [9]
Happy Anywhere - Blake Shelton/Gwen Stefani (#45) [4]
Pretty Heart - Parker McCollum (#47) [3]
my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear (#48) [2; 2nd time]
24 - Money Man/Lil Baby (#49) [5]
Love You Like I Used To - Russell Dickerson (#51) [1]
Don't Stop - Megan Thee Stallion/Young Thug (#53) [1; 2nd time]
Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby (#54) [1]
Hawái - Maluma (#55) [6]
7 Summers - Morgan Wallen (#56) [4; 2nd time*]
you broke me first - Tate McRae (#57) [3]
Baby, I'm Jealous - Bebe Rexha/Doja Cat (#58) [1]
Diamonds - Sam Smith (#59) [2]
Heather - Conan Gray (#60) [7]

There were a bunch of songs that had previously left On the Verge that re-entered due to 21 Savage leaving this week. The re-entries are: Pretty HeartHawái, 7 Summers, you broke me first, Diamonds and Heather. I'm quite happy that Diamonds and you broke me first are back. I've lost a bit of interest in Hawái, but it's still good, so I'm happy. Pretty Heart is good too, but 7 Summers and Heather shouldn't be here.

Don't Stop left the Top 40 this week and debuted here. I'm very happy that it left and I hope it never re-enters.

Love You Like I Used To by Russell Dickerson is the only song that I haven't previously reviewed. So this was either released fairly early in the year, or there's a song that sounds just like this because I really feel like I've heard this years back. But maybe that's just me. Anyways, this is a country song and it's pretty good. Russell sounds good and the chorus actually sounds quite good. Yeah, decent song. (Okay, I just checked and this song was released in February 2020, so yeah, I probably just heard it closer to the beginning of the year and then got confused when I saw it debut a month or two ago, since I thought it was old.)

Thankfully, this next song makes its debut this week. I say thankfully because Levitating by Dua Lipa and DaBaby actually debuted the Hot 100 last week somewhere in the 70s, so I thought it would fall off the chart, but luckily it jumped this week. I've talked about this song quite a bit recently, so you guys probably already know that I love this song. Dua Lipa sounds amazing, the production's awesome and DaBaby's verse actually adds a lot to the song and it makes it feel like not just another Future Nostalgia song. Very good, I hope it's a huge hit.

Our last debut this week comes from Bebe Rexha and Doja Cat, Baby, I'm Jealous. The production in this song is great. That's easily the best part of this song. Bebe sounds pretty good except for when she's rapping, she should've just left that part to Doja, but whatever. Doja Cat's verse is pretty good and I like her contribution here. Overall though, the song's just kind of forgettable. Not as forgettable as songs such as OK Not To Be OK or Nobody's Love, but forgettable nonetheless.

Best Debut: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby

On the Verge Ranking

0 - Crap:
#15: Heather - Conan Gray

1 - Bad:
#14: Don't Stop - Megan Thee Stallion/Young Thug
#13: 7 Summers - Morgan Wallen

2 - Mediocre:
NONE!

3 - Decent:
#12: 24 - Money Man/Lil Baby
#11: Baby, I'm Jealous - Bebe Rexha/Doja Cat

4 - Good:
#10: Happy Anywhere - Blake Shelton/Gwen Stefani
#9: Love You Like I Used To - Russell Dickerson
#8: I Should Probably Go To Bed - Dan + Shay
#7: Pretty Heart - Parker McCollum
#6: Hawái - Maluma

5 - Great:
#5: ONE BEER - HARDY/Lauren Alaina/Devin Dawson
#4: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#3: my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#2: Diamonds - Sam Smith
#1: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby

Overall Score: 53/75 = 71%

She Wanna Blurb with the Woo

The songs that left the Top 40 this week were: Lovin' On You by Luke Combs, Fallin' by Why Don't We and every SAVAGE MODE II song except for Runnin and Mr. Right Now. Lovin' On You was never good, so I'm glad it's gone. I kind of wish that Fallin' lasted for a bit longer and I expected this from all of the SAVAGE MODE II songs.

The On the Verge exits this week were: Outta Time by Bryson Tiller and Drake, I Called Mama by Tim McGraw, Lovesick Girls by BLACKPINK and the two SAVAGE MODE II songs. I expected this from every song except for I Called Mama, but I'm happy that that left.

POPSTAR dropped to the bottom of the chart, which kind of sucks because that doesn't bode well for the rest of its Hits 1 run, but I'm not entirely sold that that'll stop Hits 1.

FRANCHISE actually gained a couple of spots, so it could jump a bit more, which is good since I've started to like it even if it's not as memorable as some of Travis Scott's other songs.

Wonder didn't drop nearly as much as I thought it would this week, so it could very well actually be a hit, but I still have some doubts.

Be Like That is at #20 why?

YEAH LEMONADE IN THE TOP 10 BABY!!! (Can this please go to pop radio? Like, now?)

Savage Love fell off of #1, which is to be expected, but the good news is that they switched back to the original, which is in every way superior.

Dynamite dropped to #5, which kind of sucks, but this'll probably still make year-end and if it sticks around for a long enough, maybe low year-end for next year.

With no huge release this week, a song that's been on the Hot 100 for a little bit now hit #1, being Mood by 24kGoldn and iann dior! I'm very happy that this is #1 and it definitely deserved it.

That's all the blurbs for now, tune in next week to see where Justin Bieber and benny blanco wind up for about a week before they leave the Top 40.

Hot 100 Exits from Past Top 40 Songs
Fallin' - Why Don't We (#37) [#37] {1 week}
Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande (#65) [1 week at #1] {20 weeks}

Super sad that both of these songs are gone, they both should've done much better. (Although Fallin' might re-enter)

SNL: Holy - Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper & Lonely - Justin Bieber

I figured I'd start doing this since I watch Saturday Night Live every week. The musical guest this week was Justin Bieber and I think he did quite a good job. For his first song, he brought along Chance the Rapper for Holy. Justin already sounded great, but I think Chance the Rapper did quite well even if he had a little trouble staying on time. I love seeing him perform because he just seems like he's having so much fun up there. For Justin's second song, he did his new single Lonely (without benny blanco) and his performance was much better than the recording of the song. With him performing it, you could here the emotion behind the lyrics a lot more, which just put an extra heaviness to the song that it definitely needed. The song was still a little boring, but Justin sounded great and the yodelling wasn't as aggressive as it is in the recording. Overall, definitely a good performance.

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all very soon.

4 comments:

  1. Hits 1 updated the Voting Poll!

    Available:
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney

    Unavailable:
    OK Not To Be OK - Marshmello/Demi Lovato
    cardigan - Taylor Swift
    POPSTAR - DJ Khaled/Drake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Lonely: 25 spins
    Laugh Now Cry Later: 24 spins
    FRANCHISE: 22 spins
    Head & Heart: 18 spins
    Tap In: 18 spins
    positions: 18 spins
    Control: 17 spins
    Hate The Way: 17 spins
    POPSTAR: 3 spins
    Golden: 1 spin

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)