Sunday, September 27, 2020

Week of September 26, 2020 - Ashe/Niall Horan (6)

Ashe/Niall Horan (6)
I’m very upset, and you guys probably know why. Other than that, congrats to Tacocat for winning the Weekend Countdown Olympics, and here’s the current 2019 Ultimate Rank Community Rankings link, which should be revealed sometime in this week.

Songs We’re Saying Goodbye To
Nobody’s Love - Maroon 5 (#25) [#20] {8 weeks}
WHATS POPPIN - Jack Harlow (#22) [#18] {7 weeks}
Funny - Zedd/Jasmine Thompson (#20) [#20] {9 weeks}
me & ur ghost - blackbear (#8) [#2] {22 weeks} [x2]

Last Week’s #1: Moral of the Story - Ashe/Niall Horan (5)

#30: Diamonds - Sam Smith (DEBUT) [0 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#29: Holy - Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper (DEBUT) [0 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#28: Head & Heart - Joel Corry/MNEK (-) [#28] {3 weeks}
#27: Save Myself - Ashe (-4) [#23] {2 weeks}
#26: Over Now - Calvin Harris/The Weeknd (+4) [#26] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#25: OK Not To Be OK - Marshmello/Demi Lovato (DEBUT) [2 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#24: Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk (+3) [#24] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#23: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles (-6) [7 weeks at #1] {29 weeks}
#22: ily (i love you baby) - Surf Mesa/Emilee (+4) [#22] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#21: I Should Probably Go To Bed - Dan + Shay (-2) [#19] {8 weeks}
#20: Ice Cream - BLACKPINK/Selena Gomez (+4) [#20] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#19: Be Like That - Kane Brown/Swae Lee/Khalid (-5) [#11] {9 weeks}
#18: Monsters - All Time Low/blackbear (+11) [#18] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#17: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior (-1) [#16] {5 weeks}
#16: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels (RE-ENTRY) [#10] {17 weeks}
#15: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch (-5) [#9] {14 weeks}
#14: cardigan - Taylor Swift (+7) [#13] {9 weeks}
#13: Wildflower - 5 Seconds of Summer (-) [#13] {7 weeks}
#12: Midnight Sky - Miley Cyrus (+3) [#12] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#11: Heather - Conan Gray (-) [#11] {9 weeks}
#10: Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane (+8) [#9] {14 weeks}
#9: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth (-4) [#3] {16 weeks}
#8: Breaking Me - Topic/A7S (+4) [#8] {7 weeks}
#7: Falling - Harry Styles (+2) [#7] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#6: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo (-2) [#4] {10 weeks}
#5: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi (+2) [1 week at #1] {34 weeks}
#4: Kings & Queens - Ava Max (-2) [#2] {13 weeks}
#3: Bang! - AJR (-) [#3] {6 weeks}
#2: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello (+4) [#2] {10 weeks} *new peak*
#1: Moral of the Story - Ashe/Niall Horan (-) [6th week at #1] {20 weeks}

Last Year’s #1: Cool - Jonas Brothers [1/1 week at #1]

Countdown Extra: Mad at Disney - salem ilese

Our first debut got a phenomenal amount of airplay this week, and I didn’t actually get a chance to review it last week, since Hits 1 forgot to update the Voting Poll. Anyways, it’s the next single from Sam Smith’s album Love Goes, called Diamonds. This is a fantastic song. Sam sounds really good, and the production’s actually fantastic. The drop is really good here and I find the bassline in the chorus really good. It’s also a pretty catchy song. I hope this is a really big hit, since this is probably the best single released so far from Love Goes.

The next debut I also didn’t get to review last week, and it’s called Holy by frequent collaborators, Justin Bieber and Chance the Rapper. The first time I heard this, I thought “oh, yeah, that’s alright” but since then, I’ve really grown into it. The choir sounds really good, and this is probably Justin Bieber’s best vocal performance in a really long time, even better than Stuck with U with Ariana Grande. Chance the Rapper’s verse is still the best part in the entire song though. He actually has a decent singing voice, and his verse is honestly just a lot of fun. I also love when he says: “Chance, the Rapper”.

At #25 is a song I’ve reviewed quite a couple times lately, OK Not To Be OK by Marshmello and Demi Lovato. This is a good song. Demi sounds great, and the lyrical content is fantastic. My only problem with this is Marshmello’s production. Not that it’s bad, it just could’ve been so much better. It feels like he could’ve tried a little more, and this song just feels a little slow. Either way though, this is still a good song.

The highest entrant of the week is actually a song that left quite a bit ago, If the World Was Ending by JP Saxe and Julia Michaels. The thing is though, this actually made so much more sense than me & ur ghost’s re-entry. For one, it re-entered in the bottom half of the Countdown, and not at #5, and this song’s actually gaining traction. If you’ve been following my Hot 100 posts, it recently entered the Top 40. Also, I’ve actually grown into this since it left, and I like it again. Sue me.

Best Debut: Diamonds - Sam Smith

Biggest DROP!!!: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles (-6): Good. This song’s good, but it was definitely getting old, and I’m glad we’re getting rid of it.

Biggest Jump: Monsters - All Time Low/blackbear (+11): Also good. I really like this song and I’d be super happy if it became a hit here, even if it’s only here because of blackbear.

Countdown Ranking

0 - Crap:
#30: Moral of the Story - Ashe/Niall Horan
#29: Heather - Conan Gray

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#28: ily (i love you baby) - Surf Mesa/Emilee
#27: Over Now - Calvin Harris/The Weeknd

3 - Decent:
#26: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#25: Save Myself - Ashe
#24: Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane
#23: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi

4 - Good:
#22: Be Like That - Kane Brown/Swae Lee/Khalid
#21: OK Not To Be OK - Marshmello/Demi Lovato
#20: Ice Cream - BLACKPINK/Selena Gomez
#19: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels
#18: Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk
#17: cardigan - Taylor Swift
#16: Midnight Sky - Miley Cyrus
#15: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth
#14: Head & Heart - Joel Corry/MNEK

5 - Great:
#13: Kings & Queens - Ava Max
#12: I Should Probably Go To Bed - Dan + Shay
#11: Wildflower - 5 Seconds of Summer
#10: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo
#9: Holy - Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper
#8: Breaking Me - Topic/A7S
#7: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
#6: Monsters - All Time Low/blackbear
#5: Diamonds - Sam Smith
#4: Falling - Harry Styles
#3: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello
#2: Bang! - AJR
#1: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior

Overall Score: 117/150 = 78%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth {16 weeks}
#4: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels {17 weeks}
#3: Moral of the Story - Ashe/Niall Horan {20 weeks}
#2: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles {29 weeks}
#1: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi {34 weeks}

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Lemonade - Internet Money/Gunna/Don Toliver/NAV

My Favourite Song Last Year: Goodbyes - Post Malone

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: Truth Hurts - Lizzo

Most Missed Countdown Song: Burn the House Down - AJR

Hit-Bound
Tap In - Saweetie [8*]
Mad at Disney - salem ilese [1]
my ex’s best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear [4*]
WOW - Zara Larsson [6*]
Stunnin’ - Curtis Waters/Harm Franklin [7*]
F2020 - Avenue Beat [8*]
7 Summers - Morgan Wallen [2; 2nd time]
Overwhelmed - Royal & the Serpent [3*]
Be Happy (Remix) - Dixie D’Amelio/Lil Mosey/blackbear [10*]
you broke me first - Tate McRae [1]
Dynamite - BTS [6]
Figure It Out - Blu DeTiger [7*]
Backyard Boy - Claire Rosinkranz [6*]
Wishing Well - Juice WRLD [9*]
Control - Zoe Wees [1; 2nd time*]

Also Available For Vote
Small Talk - Niall Horan [6**]
FRANCHISE - Travis Scott/Young Thug/M.I.A. [1*]
Golden - Harry Styles [1*]

Our Countdown Extra this week comes up first, being Mad at Disney by salem ilese and despite the title of the song, this isn’t really a meme song. The chorus is actually catchy and pretty well constructed. It’s literally just about the world not preparing you for what love is gonna be like and I find that really funny. The end part of the chorus is the best. salem actually has a pretty good voice and I can see this becoming a hit. Good song.

The next song is by Canadian YouTuber (yup, that’s right) Tate McRae. This song’s called you broke me first and this is also a good song. Tate sounds really good here and the chorus is actually really good. The song’s a little mellow, but the production builds pretty nicely and when you get to the last chorus, it really picks up. I’m pretty glad this is here and also on the Hot 100. Good song.

Control is back. I didn’t really think that this would return and I’m kind of upset that they didn't let Let There Be Love stick around, but whatever, I don’t hate the song.

So this next song was a Hit-Bound dropout back in April. Why is it back? Because Black And White wasn’t debuting and Hits 1 just needs their Niall Horan. Anyways, Small Talk is the name of the song and if you remember my opinion on this, I liked it at the start, then it faded on me. I still don’t think this is that great. The production in the chorus is a little grating and I really don’t like that guitar. That being said, it’s catchy and Niall sounds pretty good, but it has absolutely no right to be here. I mean, seriously, who’s idea was it to let this back?

So something I never thought would happen just happened. Hits 1 picked up on a Travis Scott song the day it came out. I guess they technically did this with Power is Power, but on FRANCHISE, Travis is actually the lead artist. It sucks a little though, because this song isn’t that great. Young Thug and M.I.A. are also on this and it’s alright. Young Thug doesn’t sound grating, which is really good and Travis Scott sounds really good. M.I.A. sounds alright though and does bring this down a bit. Also, I don’t love the production and I find it pretty repetitive. I wish that changed a bit, but this could very possibly grow on me.

So this next song, Hits 1 picked up on it because of pure speculation. I mean, seriously. Some people are pretty sure they saw Harry Styles filming the music video for this song, Golden, so as a result, Hits 1 added it before it was even released. Seriously, guys? This definitely isn’t the worst song that Hits 1’s picked up from Fine Line, that prize would definitely go to Adore You, but this isn’t good. Legit the only reason that this is better than Adore You is because this is a bit more interesting. I really don’t like the “da-da-da-doh” part. I guess Harry sounds fine and everything and this could grow on me, but this and Small Talk shouldn’t be here.

Best Debut: Mad at Disney - salem ilese

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Crap:
#18: Tap In - Saweetie
#17: Backyard Boy - Claire Rosinkranz

1 - Bad:
#16: Golden - Harry Styles

2 - Mediocre:
#15: Figure It Out - Blu DeTiger
#14: 7 Summers - Morgan Wallen
#13: WOW - Zara Larsson

3 - Decent:
#12: Small Talk - Niall Horan
#11: Overwhelmed - Royal & the Serpent
#10: FRANCHISE - Travis Scott/Young Thug/M.I.A.
#9: Control - Zoe Wees

4 - Good:
#8: Be Happy (Remix) - Dixie D’Amelio/Lil Mosey/blackbear

5 - Great:
#7: F2020 - Avenue Beat
#6: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#5: my ex’s best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#4: Mad at Disney - salem ilese
#3: Stunnin’ - Curtis Waters/Harm Franklin
#2: Wishing Well - Juice WRLD
#1: Dynamite - BTS

Overall Score: 58/90 = 64%

It’s Ok Not to Blurb Ok

We lost four songs from the Weekend Countdown this week; Nobody’s Love, WHATS POPPIN, Funny and me & ur ghost. I’m glad that Nobody’s Love and me & ur ghost are both gone, since the former was really uninteresting and the latter never should’ve returned. I don’t care all that much that Funny is gone, since it wasn’t really a huge hit, but I’m really sad that WHATS POPPIN’s gone.

We also lost three Hit-Bound songs, Black And White, Naked and Let There Be Love. It’s seriously about time that Black And White left, it probably should’ve left a while ago. It kinda sucks that they didn’t even give Naked a chance and it was really clear that it was only there last week because Ava was hosting. As for Let There Be Love, it should’ve gotten so much more success.

So Ashe is actually the Hits 1 to Watch for this month with Save Myself, which makes a lot of sense, because it dropped a few spots this week.

Somehow, ily is climbing. It really shouldn’t even be here.

Be Like That took a decent-sized tumble and I can definitely see it leaving soon.

ROCKSTAR also dropped quite a bit, which kind of sucks since it was quite good.

cardigan got a nice rebound though back up to #14.

Like That also got a huge rebound from its drop last week.

Both I Hope and Savage Love moved out of the top 5, which kind of sucks, because I thought they were gonna be hits here.

Before You Go actually moved back into the top 5. I would be upset, but this song’s dominated If the Countdown Made Sense for the past couple of weeks, so it makes sense that it would come back and it’s only been here for so long because they picked up on it early.

Come & Go is at #2!!! Hopefully it can steal the #1 next week from…

Moral of the Story. You’ve got to be kidding me. This song got practically no airplay this past week and should’ve made way for another song. I mean, come on, it has no right to still be #1.

I swear, if Dynamite doesn’t debut next week I will go on a huge rant.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#2: Dynamite - BTS
#3: Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk
#4: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
#5: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#6: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior
#7: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#8: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo
#9: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#10: WHATS POPPIN (Remix) - Jack Harlow/Tory Lanez/DaBaby/Lil Wayne
#11: I Hope - Gabby Barrett
#12: POPSTAR - DJ Khaled/Drake
#14: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek
#16: Circles - Post Malone
#17: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello
#18: Adore You - Harry Styles
#20: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa
#24: Tap In - Saweetie
#25: Be Like That - Kane Brown/Swae Lee/Khalid
#28: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa
#29: The Bones - Maren Morris
#30: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels
#34: Midnight Sky - Miley Cyrus
#36: OK Not To Be OK - Marshmello/Demi Lovato
#37: Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande
#40: Savage (Remix) - Megan Thee Stallion/Beyoncé
#41: Bang! - AJR
#42: Wishing Well - Juice WRLD
#45: I Should Probably Go To Bed - Dan + Shay
#47: Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey
#48: Say So - Doja Cat/Nicki Minaj
#49: ily (i love you baby) - Surf Mesa/Emilee
#51: Heather - Conan Gray
#52: cardigan - Taylor Swift
#54: Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane
#55: Breaking Me - Topic/A7S
#57: Kings & Queens - Ava Max
#61: Ice Cream - BLACKPINK/Selena Gomez
#63: Nobody’s Love - Maroon 5
#64: 7 Summers - Morgan Wallen
#69: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#70: my ex’s best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#82: Over Now - Calvin Harris/The Weeknd

Top 10 on the Hunger Games Countdown
#10: Save Myself - Ashe
#9: Mind Is A Prison - Alec Benjamin
#8: Wildflower - 5 Seconds of Summer
#7: Daisies - Katy Perry
#6: exile - Taylor Swift/Bon Iver
#5: Over Now - Calvin Harris/The Weeknd
#4: ily (i love you baby) - Surf Mesa/Emilee
#3: Stunnin’ - Curtis Waters/Harm Franklin
#2: 7 Summers - Morgan Wallen
#1: Midnight - Alesso/Liam Payne

Top 10 If the Countdown Made Sense
#10: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior
#9: Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane
#8: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#7: ily (i love you baby) - Surf Mesa/Emilee
#6: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello
#5: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels
#4: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth
#3: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
#2: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo
#1: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all later.

44 comments:

  1. On October 1st Julia Michaels launches her new single "Lie Like This". On October 2nd Blackpink releases a new album, also there will be a Dua lipa remix with DABABY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shawn Mendes will release a brand new single and album called Wonder

      Delete
    2. Yes, I let that go through on purpose, because this is huge news.

      Delete
  2. Hit-Bound Spin Counts (you probably know what I'm gonna say here):
    Dynamite: 34 spins
    Let There Be Love: 24 spins
    Be Happy: 20 spins
    you broke me first: 19 spins
    7 Summers: 18 spins
    F2020: 13 spins
    POPSTAR: 11 spins
    Control: 9 spins
    my ex's best friend: 6 spins
    Tap In: 6 spins

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the most recent Hit-Maker survey, they asked about Lose Somebody!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Songs with spins that aren't on hit-bound or the countdown of ten or above:
    No Judgement
    Rain On Me
    Level of Concern
    Say So
    Break My Heart
    Supalonely
    me & ur ghost
    Blinding Lights
    Midnight
    Let There Be Love
    Circles
    South Of The Border
    This Feeling
    Cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess The Song:

    I spent 2 weeks on the countdown.
    I peaked at #39.
    Everyone hates this song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, I was going to answer that.

      Delete
    2. Harry spent three weeks on the Countdown though, right?

      Delete
    3. No. It spent two weeks. It only stayed at none other than #39.

      Delete
    4. Basically, everyone hated Ocean To Ocean possibly because it includes references to Toto's Africa in some sort of way since one of the lines has the same lyric based off it.

      Delete
  6. All My Hitbound Percentages in September:

    September 5th: 46% (Mediocre)
    September 12th: 51% (Decent)
    September 19th: 55% (Decent)
    September 26th: 56% (Decent)

    Beluga's Hitbound Percentages of September using my color-code:

    September 5th: 63% (Good)
    September 12th: 75% (Good)
    September 19th: 69% (Good)
    September 26th: 64% (Good)

    Overall Percentage For My Results: 52% (Decent)
    Overall Percentage For Beluga's Results: 68% (Good)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hit-Bound Spin Counts (I can probably stop saying this now, right?):
    Dynamite: 36 spins
    you broke me first: 32 spins
    Be Happy: 21 spins
    Let There Be Love: 20 spins
    7 Summers: 17 spins
    Control: 14 spins
    POPSTAR: 12 spins
    my ex's best friend: 10 spins
    F2020: 9 spins
    Tap In: 6 spins

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Oh hey, Dylan, here's the link we primarily use.
      https://www.allaccess.com/mediabase/q/report/playlist/station/S001-FM
      You have to make an account, but it's still worth it.

      For the songs that aren't on this list, I use xmplaylist.com

      Delete
    2. I then subtract however many spins they received from Hit-Bound or Countdown Extra spins. Hit-Bound plays ten times in a week, whereas The Weekend Countdown plays eight times.

      Delete
    3. I just use xmplaylist most played in the last seven days

      Delete
  9. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Dynamite: 38 spins
    you broke me first: 38 spins
    my ex's best friend: 23 spins
    Be Happy: 21 spins
    7 Summers: 15 spins
    Control: 15 spins
    Let There Be Love: 15 spins
    POPSTAR: 12 spins
    FRANCHISE: 10 spins
    Tap In: 8 spins
    F2020: 5 spins
    Mad at Disney: 4 spins

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spoiler alert: BTS - Dynamite will be debuting the countdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ll tell you sad news F2020 is leaving Hit-Bound bc it’s off the poll.

      Delete
  11. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Dynamite: 38 spins
    you broke me first: 38 spins
    my ex's best friend: 35 spins
    Be Happy: 23 spins
    FRANCHISE: 19 spins
    Control: 17 spins
    7 Summers: 15 spins
    POPSTAR: 12 spins
    Let There Be Love: 11 spins
    Mad at Disney: 8 spins
    Tap In: 6 spins

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beluga, are you EXTREMELY happy about Blinding Lights being in the top spot for 6 weeks in a row?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sure. I never really expected it to even hit #1 on the Countdown, so I'm quite glad that it lasted for that long.

      Delete
  13. New on hits 1
    Levitating
    Dua Lipa/Madonna/Missy Elliott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never heard that song, I’m gonna take a listen when it plays on Hits 1.

      Delete
    2. It changed to DABABY remix of that

      Delete
    3. That was just a placeholder when they played it yesterday. Since then, they've played the DaBaby remix multiple times.

      Delete
    4. And yet they still didn’t play his verse on My Oh My even though there is no official version without him 🤔

      Delete
    5. Yes, but they first added that when they were anti-rap Hits 1. Now they've changed.

      Delete
    6. It's a good thing they changed, I'd say. lol

      Delete
  14. The songs chosen on the Wheel Of Songs:

    September 5th: Be Like That
    September 12th: Cardigan
    September 19th: Savage Love
    September 26th: Savage Love

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    my ex's best friend: 44 spins
    you broke me first: 40 spins
    Dynamite: 39 spins
    Be Happy: 24 spins
    FRANCHISE: 24 spins
    7 Summers: 16 spins
    Control: 15 spins
    POPSTAR: 11 spins
    Mad at Disney: 9 spins
    Tap In: 7 spins

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)