Friday, March 5, 2021

Hot 100 Overview: Week of March 6, 2021 - Olivia Rodrigo (7)

Olivia Rodrigo (7)
Hey, fam! So my 2020 Countdown Extras Rankdown is nearly done, I'll finish it on Saturday. That's right, we're down to the top 2!!! Anyways, today, you'll be getting the proper format for these posts. New music this week from NF, Ariana Grande, Pop Smoke and more!

The Top 10
#1: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo (-) [7th week at #1] {7 weeks}
#2: Up - Cardi B (+3) [#2] {3 weeks}
#3: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug (+5) [#3] {42 weeks} *new peak*
#4: 34+35 - Ariana Grande (-2) [#2] {17 weeks}
#5: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd (-1) [4 weeks at #1] {64 weeks}
#6: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd (-) [#4] {11 weeks}
#7: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior (-) [8 weeks at #1] {29 weeks}
#8: Calling My Phone - Lil Tjay/6LACK (-5) [#3] {2 weeks}
#9: positions - Ariana Grande (+1) [1 week at #1] {18 weeks}
#10: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby (-1) [#5] {21 weeks}

I'm pretty sure nobody's surprised that drivers license is still #1. I mean, at this rate, I actually wouldn't be surprised if it broke Old Town Road's record for the most weeks at #1. It's still a long way away, (13 weeks to be exact) but I wouldn't count it out as a possibility.

Go Crazy hit a new peak of #3, 41 weeks after initially debuting, which is crazy (see what I did there?). Honestly, I'd be fine if this hit #1, but I seriously don't think that it will.

Calling My Phone somehow only dropped to #8. I'm surprised, but I'm not disappointed. I'm not exactly happy either, though. Mostly just indifferent.

Debuts

#53: CLOUDS - NF

So after nearly two (?) years of not releasing anything, NF releases another song from a mixtape that'll come later this month. I've always liked NF, I'd go as far to say that he's one of my favourite rappers, but I have to be in the mood to listen to his stuff, because it's um... moody most of the time. Anyways, I like this song. It's definitely not one of his best, though. The production is something I've heard him do a lot of times before and it really reminds me of the title track from The Search in particular. His flow is pretty good here though and he switches it a lot. Yeah, I can't see this sticking around for too long, but I still like it while it's here.

#54: telepatía - Kali Uchis

Um... this song is pretty much nothing. Nothing about this interests me at all. Her voice is alright, the production's really boring and the melody doesn't really grip me either. Not sure why this is here.

#61: test drive - Ariana Grande

So Ariana Grande released her deluxe version of Positions and after listening to most of Positions (yeah, I still don't think I've listened to the whole thing) I decided I had no need to listen to these bonus tracks. I'm not entirely sure if this song is being pushed as a single or not, but I don't really care either way. This definitely isn't the most forgettable of the songs from Positions, it's kind of upbeat, but still nothing sticks out to me here. She doesn't sound particularly good in the chorus and it's way too short too.

#67: Hit Bout It - Lil Yachty/Kodak Black

Yup, so I've known that Lil Yachty's existed for a while now, but I felt no need to ever check out his stuff. After this, I feel even less compelled to listen to his stuff. Neither artist sounds good at all here and the production's weird on top of that. Actually, Lil Yachty sounds quite bad. It doesn't sound like he's trying at all, then on top of that, you can hardly even hear what he's saying. Yeah, this is pretty bad.

#88: CHICKEN TENDIES - Clinton Kane

Hold on... Clinton Kane? As in "Fix It to Break ItClinton Kane? Wow. Yeah, so I guess he's a Hot 100 artist now. With a title like this, you'd probably think it'd be a little meme-y, or at least upbeat. But nope! It's still really slow. But honestly? I quite like it. Probably even more than I liked Fix It to Break It. I still think he sounds quite good here and he sounds like he's straining his voice less in this one. The chorus is more memorable and the production is actually quite good too. I really like this song and I hope it sticks around here, even though I highly doubt that it will.

#90: ZAZA - 6ix9ine

...Great. 6ix9ine is still making music. Tell me why again does this guy has consistent Hot 100 entries? You're telling me people actually listen to and enjoy his stuff? Honestly, I don't buy it. He's yelling 75% of the time in all of his music and he sounds terrible. Also, was that a reference to Body by Megan Thee Stallion? Oh, boy. Hard pass.

#92: Made For You - Jake Owen

It's a country ballad. Luckily, this guy's voice isn't the absolute worst I've ever heard, but it's still not good and country ballads should not be a thing. That is all.

#96: The Business - Tiësto

I reviewed this song last week on my Hits 1 post, so I won't go too in depth. But basically, the pitched-down vocals are weird and nothing about the rest of the song can save it from that.

#97: Hello - Pop Smoke/A Boogie Wit da Hoodie

This was a bonus track from the deluxe version of Shoot For The Stars Aim For The Moon and it's just now making its debut here. This definitely isn't Pop Smoke's best song. He's sounded much better, specifically in The Woo and For The Night, but the production's good and I think A Boogie Wit da Hoodie works well with this song.

#99: Track Star - Mooski

This isn't bad. I don't think Mooski sounds great, but he doesn't sound bad either. The production's kind of minimalistic, but it works. Yeah, I'd be fine with this being a hit.

Best Debut: CHICKEN TENDIES - Clinton Kane

Worst Debut: ZAZA - 6ix9ine

Losses
#27: Holy - Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper (-10) [#3] {23 weeks}
#41: Body - Megan Thee Stallion (-15) [#12] {14 weeks}
#60: Long Live - Florida Georgia Line (-12) [#48] {8 weeks}
#69: hole in the bottle - Kelsea Ballerini (-17) [#39] {19 weeks}
#94: Afterglow - Ed Sheeran (-29) [#29] {10 weeks}
#95: Cover Me Up - Morgan Wallen (-11) [#52] {8 weeks}

Holy's getting kind of old, so I'm not all that disappointed to see it going. As for Body, I'm really happy that it wasn't that big of a hit. Long Live was never good, so I'm glad to see that it won't be a hit. I kind of wish that hole in the bottle was a bit bigger of a hit. Afterglow should've been a much bigger hit and I'm disappointed that it wasn't. As for Cover Me Up... how are all of his not fully gone yet?

Gains
#25: GOOD TIME - Niko Moon (+10) [#25] {21 weeks} *new peak*
#28: Best Friend - Saweetie/Doja Cat (+10) [#28] {7 weeks} *new peak*
#32: No More Parties (Remix) - Coi Leray/Lil Durk (+38) [#32] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#44: What's Your Country Song - Thomas Rhett (+12) [#44] {10 weeks} *new peak*
#58: LA NOCHE DE ANOCHE - Bad Bunny/ROSALÍA (+11) [#53] {5 weeks}
#63: Heartbreak Anniversary - Giveon (+11) [#63] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#78: Opp Stoppa - YBN Nahmir/21 Savage (+21) [#78] {3 weeks} *new peak*

I'm kind of glad to see GOOD TIME gaining, as it's one of the better country songs circulating right now. I'm totally fine with Best Friend becoming a hit. I really don't care that No More Parties got a huge boost this week and I don't think that the Lil Durk remix really adds much to the original. I don't care about What's Your Country Song. I'm pretty sure the only reason LA NOCHE DE ANOCHE jumped is because of their SNL performance of it, but I'm happy nonetheless. I don't really care about the other two.

Dropouts
Love Story (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift (#11) [#11] {1 week}
Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi (#33) [#9] {52 weeks}
What It Feels Like - Nipsey Hussle/JAY-Z (#51) [#51] {1 week}
SO DONE - The Kid LAROI (#77) [#59] {15 weeks}
Happy Does - Kenny Chesney (#83) [#47] {14 weeks}
Big, Big Plans - Chris Lane (#89) [#42] {20 weeks}
BICHOTA - KAROL G (#92) [#72] {12 weeks}
Back to the Streets - Saweetie/Jhené Aiko (#97) [#58] {13 weeks}
Bad Boy - Juice WRLD/Young Thug (#98) [#22] {5 weeks}
How They Remember You - Rascal Flatts (#100) [#100] {1 week}

Wow, I'm really disappointed that Love Story and What It Feels Like both only spent one week on the Hot 100. As for Before You Go, it would've left anyways because of recurring rules, so whatever. SO DONE should've been a much bigger hit, because it was great. I'm really happy that Happy Does is gone and I don't care about the rest.

Top 40 Ranking

0 - Crap:
#40: Streets - Doja Cat

1 - Bad:
#39: Down To One - Luke Bryan
#38: On Me - Lil Baby
#37: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish
#36: Best Friend - Saweetie/Doja Cat

2 - Mediocre:
#35: No More Parties (Remix) - Coi Leray/Lil Durk
#34: Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
#33: Lonely - Justin Bieber/benny blanco
#32: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney

3 - Decent:
#31: Better Together - Luke Combs
#30: Throat Baby (Go Baby) - BRS Kas
#29: You're Mines Still - Yung Bleu/Drake
#28: Back In Blood - Pooh Shiesty/Lil Durk
#27: Calling My Phone - Lil Tjay/6LACK
#26: Good Days - SZA
#25: 34+35 - Ariana Grande

4 - Good:
#24: GOOD TIME - Niko Moon
#23: Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk
#22: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth
#21: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#20: willow - Taylor Swift
#19: DÁKITI - Bad Bunny/Jhay Cortez
#18: Whoopty - CJ
#17: For The Night - Pop Smoke/Lil Baby/DaBaby
#16: Up - Cardi B
#15: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke

5 - Great:
#14: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior
#13: Holy - Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper
#12: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug
#11: positions - Ariana Grande
#10: my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#9: Just the Way - Parmalee/Blanco Brown
#8: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby
#7: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#6: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo
#5: Anyone - Justin Bieber
#4: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd
#3: Bang! - AJR
#2: Lemonade - Internet Money/Gunna/Don Toliver/NAV
#1: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI

Overall Score: 141/200 = 71%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior {29 weeks}
#4: Bang! - AJR & For The Night - Pop Smoke/Lil Baby/DaBaby {34 weeks}
#3: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug {42 weeks}
#2: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth {61 weeks}
#1: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd {64 weeks}

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all in the next one.

7 comments:

  1. Hmm where have I possibly seen this before?? 🤔

    (You're totally fine to be doing this format lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm... it's really not.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    All I Want: 32 spins
    Astronaut In The Ocean: 26 spins
    Provide: 25 spins
    forget me too: 24 spins
    I'm Not Mad: 24 spins
    Goosebumps: 23 spins
    Best Friend: 19 spins
    rubberband: 15 spins
    3, 2, 1: 13 spins
    Only Wanna Be With You: 7 spins
    Beautiful Mistakes: 7 spins
    Leave The Door Open: 7 spins
    The Eulogy of You and Me: 6 spins
    Momma Always Told Me: 3 spins
    This Is Heaven: 2 spins
    Sacrifice: 2 spins
    Spaceman: 2 spins

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)