Saturday, March 20, 2021

Week of March 20, 2021 - Olivia Rodrigo (4)

Hello, everybody! Just one announcement this week and that's the fact that I decided to close submissions for Blogger March Madness tomorrow, so if you haven't submitted yet, you should do it before then. Also, if you need a small extension of time, I can do that for you. This week's Countdown wasn't particularly interesting or particularly good for that matter. But, a countdown is still a countdown, so let's start with this week's lone exit.

Song We're Saying Goodbye To
Lifestyle - Jason Derulo/Adam Levine (#24) [#23] {7 weeks}

Last Week's #1: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo (3)

#30: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf (-) [#30] {2 weeks}
#29: The Eulogy of You and Me - LILHUDDY (-2) [#27] {2 weeks}
#28: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic (-2) [#26] {2 weeks}
#27: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion (DEBUT) [2 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#26: 3, 2, 1 - 24kGoldn (+2) [#26] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#25: Way Less Sad - AJR (+4) [#25] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#24: Fly Away - Tones And I (+1) [#22] {7 weeks}
#23: Heat Waves - Glass Animals (-3) [#19] {8 weeks}
#22: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke (-4) [#17] {22 weeks}
#21: I'm not Pretty - JESSIA (-) [#21] {6 weeks}
#20: Till Forever Falls Apart - Ashe/FINNEAS (-3) [#17] {2 weeks}
#19: Lasting Lover - Sigala/James Arthur (-7) [#12] {12 weeks}
#18: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI (+4) [#18] {7 weeks} *new peak*
#17: We're Good - Dua Lipa (+2) [#17] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#16: Anyone - Justin Bieber (-3) [#12] {10 weeks}
#15: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney (+1) [#15] {19 weeks}
#14: Overdrive - Conan Gray (+9) [#14] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#13: forget me too - Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey (+2) [#13] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#12: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby (-3) [3 weeks at #1] {23 weeks}
#11: Treat People With Kindness - Harry Styles (-3) [#8] {10 weeks}
#10: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish (+1) [#3] {18 weeks}
#9: Lie Lie Lie - Joshua Bassett (+1) [#9] {8 weeks} *new peak*
#8: My Head & My Heart - Ava Max (+6) [#8] {8 weeks} *new peak*
#7: my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear (-1) [#2] {25 weeks}
#6: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd (-3) [#3] {18 weeks}
#5: you broke me first - Tate McRae (+2) [#5] {25 weeks} *new peak*
#4: Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato*/blackbear (-) [4 weeks at #1] {27 weeks}
#3: willow - Taylor Swift (+2) [#3] {13 weeks} *new peak*
#2: Golden - Harry Styles (-) [4 weeks at #1] {21 weeks}
#1: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo (-) [4th week at #1] {10 weeks}

*They actually played the original version, but I'm pretty sure it's a mistake, as the Demi Lovato remix was playing all week and later when Spyder Harrison recapped the last five, he mentioned Demi Lovato

Last Year's #1: Adore You - Harry Styles [6/10 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: Follow You - Imagine Dragons

Our only debut this week is, to nobody's surprise, Beautiful Mistakes by Maroon 5 featuring Megan Thee Stallion. After Memories and Nobody's Love, I wasn't too excited for this, but seeing that Megan Thee Stallion was featuring, it raised my hopes a little. This song is definitely better than both of the songs that previously mentioned. The song as a whole is more interesting, there's better production and Megan really spices it up. Good song, I hope it does better than Memories... yeah, I'm still not sure how that was as big of a hit as it was.

Biggest DROP!!!: Lasting Lover - Sigala/James Arthur (-7): Aw, it really sucks that this song's dropping, especially right as I was growing back into it.

Biggest Jump: Overdrive - Conan Gray (+9): On the other hand, I'm really happy that this song's in the top 15 and I'd love to see this be a top 5 hit here and I think it has a good chance at that.

Countdown Ranking

0 - Crap:
#30: Golden - Harry Styles

1 - Bad:
#29: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish

2 - Mediocre:
#28: Fly Away - Tones And I
#27: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney

3 - Decent:
#26: Till Forever Falls Apart - Ashe/FINNEAS
#25: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#24: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic
#23: Heat Waves - Glass Animals

4 - Good:
#22: We're Good - Dua Lipa
#21: Treat People With Kindness - Harry Styles
#20: willow - Taylor Swift
#19: I'm not Pretty - JESSIA
#18: The Eulogy of You and Me - LILHUDDY
#17: 3, 2, 1 - 24kGoldn
#16: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke

5 - Great:
#15: my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#14: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby
#13: Lie Lie Lie - Joshua Bassett
#12: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion
#11: Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear
#10: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd
#9: Anyone - Justin Bieber
#8: forget me too - Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey
#7: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo
#6: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf
#5: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI
#4: Overdrive - Conan Gray
#3: My Head & My Heart - Ava Max
#2: Way Less Sad - AJR
#1: Lasting Lover - Sigala/James Arthur

Overall Score: 120/150 = 80%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Golden - Harry Styles {21 weeks}
#4: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke {22 weeks}
#3: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby {23 weeks}
#2: you broke me first - Tate McRae & my ex’s best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear {25 weeks}
#1: Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear {27 weeks}

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: This Is Heaven - Nick Jonas

My Favourite Song Last Year: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish

Most Missed Countdown Song: I Bet My Life - Imagine Dragons

Hit-Bound
2Drunk - Nick Jonas [2]
Provide - G-Eazy/Chris Brown/Mark Morrison [5]
CHICKEN TENDIES - Clinton Kane [1]
First Time - ILLENIUM/iann dior [1]
Goosebumps (Remix) - Travis Scott/HVME [6]
Too Late - Cash Cash/Wiz Khalifa/Lukas Graham [2]
Remember That Night? - Sara Kays [6]
Good Days - SZA [2; 2nd time]
Follow You - Imagine Dragons [1]
Bad Girl - Daya [4]
Beginning Middle End - Leah Nobel [4]
The Business - Tiësto [4]
Sacrifice - Bebe Rexha [2]
acting like that - YUNGBLUD/Machine Gun Kelly [2]
Calling My Phone - Lil Tjay/6LACK [2]

I've already reviewed this next song on my Hot 100 posts. It's CHICKEN TENDIES by Clinton Kane and honestly, I'm surprised that it wasn't picked up sooner by Hits 1, especially considering Hits 1 discovered Clinton Kane. Anyways, I really like this song, I think it's much better than Fix It to Break It. He sounds better here and the chorus just has more substance to it. This is a great song and I hope it debuts the Countdown. 

ILLENIUM scored his first song on Hits 1 a couple of years ago, with Takeaway with The Chainsmokers, which ended up dropping out of Hit-Bound. I think the only reason that he has another song here is because this time, he decided to collaborate with One to Watch alumni iann dior. This actually isn't even iann dior's first EDM song, as he released Higher with Clean Bandit earlier this year and now here he is with First Time. This is a really good song. It's more EDM/Pop-Rock, like what we heard in Come & Go by Juice WRLD and Marshmello from last year. I don't think that this was executed quite as well as that song was, but iann dior sounds good and I think the drop was well-done. Good song.

After two and a half years, Imagine Dragons, my favourite artists by the way, have released new music from an upcoming fifth album. And honestly? This isn't their best comeback ever. The other song that they released is called Cutthroat and if you haven't listened to it, I'll break it down for you. Remember Machine from 2019? So the amount of yelling in that, except turned up to 10 and with a pretty good instrumental. So yeah, it's not great. Anyways, this new one, Follow You was pretty underwhelming at first, especially considering that they tend to come back with more epic songs like Believer or Natural, but with more listens, I've been liking it more and more. The chorus is actually really good and Dan Reynolds sounds good here even if he has some weird vocal effects on his voice in the verses. So yeah, I like this and I'd love to see it become a hit.

Best Debut: Follow You - Imagine Dragons

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Crap:
#15: The Business - Tiësto

1 - Bad:
#14: Beginning Middle End - Leah Nobel

2 - Mediocre:
#13: Goosebumps (Remix) - Travis Scott/HVME

3 - Decent:
#12: Calling My Phone - Lil Tjay/6LACK
#11: Bad Girl - Daya
#10: Good Days - SZA

4 - Good:
#9: Remember That Night? - Sara Kays
#8: Sacrifice - Bebe Rexha
#7: 2Drunk - Nick Jonas

5 - Great:
#6: Provide - G-Eazy/Chris Brown/Mark Morrison
#5: First Time - ILLENIUM/iann dior
#4: CHICKEN TENDIES - Clinton Kane
#3: Too Late - Cash Cash/Wiz Khalifa/Lukas Graham
#2: acting like that - YUNGBLUD/Machine Gun Kelly
#1: Follow You - Imagine Dragons

Overall Score: 54/75 = 72%

I Already Did One of These for Beautiful Mistakes and I'm Just Realizing Now That That Wasn't a Very Blurb-iful Mistake

Our sole (did I use that right?) exit for this week was Lifestyle. I never really expected this to do great anywhere, so I'm not too disappointed that it more or less flopped here.

So LILHUDDY has been confirmed to be our next One to Watch and honestly, I think he has the second-best One to Watch song after Let There Be Love by Ananya Birla. Maybe Sara Kays would've been an alright choice for this, but I'm far from disappointed.

Way Less Sad has finally decided to jump, so that's good and I hope that it keeps jumping.

Okay, Fly Away can leave aaaaaaaany time now.

I'm not Pretty actually managed to stay on the Countdown after getting the One to Watch treatment, something that only two other artists have managed to do: Zoe Wees and Ashe.

So somehow Treat People With Kindness dropped this week, but somehow, I have this feeling that this isn't the end of it.

But replacing TPWK is My Head & My Heart and I'm very happy that it managed to make it this high. Fun fact: Every Ava Max song that's debuted the Countdown has made it into the top 10.

you broke me first is a top 5 hit now, I guess. I don't know, this song is starting to get kind of old.

willow is also up to #3 and I can definitely see this hitting #1 sometime soon, which I'd be fine with.

Oh yeah, Hit-Bound Dropouts! This week, we lost Best Friend and slower. I don't really care about either, as I never really liked Best Friend and slower only lasted a week and wasn't fantastic.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#4: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic
#5: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo
#7: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd
#8: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#9: 34+35 - Ariana Grande
#10: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior
#11: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug
#12: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke
#13: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby
#14: Calling My Phone - Lil Tjay/6LACK
#15: positions - Ariana Grande
#17: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish
#19: Good Days - SZA
#20: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#22: Best Friend - Saweetie/Doja Cat
#28: my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#35: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney
#37: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf
#38: Anyone - Justin Bieber
#42: willow - Taylor Swift
#43: Dynamite - BTS
#44: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI
#47: My Head & My Heart - Ava Max
#49: Holy - Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper
#54: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion
#56: We're Good - Dua Lipa
#57: Heat Waves - Glass Animals
#58: Goosebumps (Remix) - Travis Scott/HVME
#59: Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear
#63: Body - Megan Thee Stallion
#65: Golden - Harry Styles
#77: The Business - Tiësto
#81: Lifestyle - Jason Derulo/Adam Levine

Top 10 on the Hunger Games Countdown
#10: Stay Next To Me - Quinn XCII/Chelsea Cutler
#9: Lifestyle - Jason Derulo/Adam Levine
#8: 3, 2, 1 - 24kGoldn
#7: Space Girl - Frances Forever
#6: too many feelings - Ruel
#5: Goosebumps (Remix) - Travis Scott/HVME
#4: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion
#3: We're Good - Dua Lipa
#2: Bummerland - AJR
#1: Best Friend - Saweetie/Doja Cat

Top 10 If the Countdown Made Sense
#10: We're Good - Dua Lipa
#9: My Head & My Heart - Ava Max
#8: Anyone - Justin Bieber
#7: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke
#6: my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#5: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd
#4: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#3: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney
#2: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish
#1: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all in the next one.

7 comments:

  1. First


    I’m not Pretty is a terrible song I am already over that song it is OMG crap and very dirty and needs to leave or I will hate it even more but nice post Beluga

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with Beluga Fly Away is an awesome song and it is brand new to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the Veri-Five countdown going to be a thing on Hits 1 or no?

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)