Saturday, March 6, 2021

Week of March 6, 2021 - Olivia Rodrigo (2)

So lots of announcements this week. I will be finishing the rankdown today and the winner will finally be revealed! After that, I plan on starting the 2020 Ultimate Rank at the same pace that I’ve been doing my rankdown, so make sure you get Community Rankings done before then and always keep an eye out for more, as they’re very important this year. I’ve decided that my last Year-End post will be indefinitely postponed, so I have absolutely no clue when it’ll be out. Also, I’m pretty sure I’ll be opening Blogger March Madness 2021 soon, so definitely stay on the lookout for that. It was an extremely inactive week this week on the Countdown. I only have one song to review and the jumps and drops were tiny. That being said, it wasn’t a bad week.

Last Week’s #1: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo

#30: Good Days - SZA (-1) [#29] {3 weeks}
#29: Way Less Sad - AJR (+1) [#29] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#28: I’m not Pretty - JESSIA (-5) [#23] {4 weeks}
#27: Overdrive - Conan Gray (+1) [#27] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#26: We’re Good - Dua Lipa (+1) [#18] {3 weeks}
#25: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug (-1) [#20] {11 weeks}
#24: Skin - Sabrina Carpenter (-3) [#21] {3 weeks}
#23: Lifestyle - Jason Derulo/Adam Levine (+3) [#23] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#22: Fly Away - Tones And I (+3) [#22] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#21: Heat Waves - Glass Animals (-2) [#19] {6 weeks}
#20: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI (+2) [#20] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#19: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney (+1) [#15] {17 weeks}
#18: My Head & My Heart - Ava Max (-2) [#14] {6 weeks}
#17: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke (+1) [#17] {20 weeks}
#16: Afterglow - Ed Sheeran (+1) [#11] {10 weeks}
#15: Love Story (Taylor’s Version) - Taylor Swift (-2) [#11] {3 weeks}
#14: Lasting Lover - Sigala/James Arthur (-) [#14] {10 weeks}
#13: 34+35 - Ariana Grande (-1) [#8] {8 weeks}
#12: Anyone - Justin Bieber (+3) [#12] {8 weeks} *new peak*
#11: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish (-1) [#3] {16 weeks}
#10: Lie Lie Lie - Joshua Bassett (+1) [#10] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#9: you broke me first - Tate McRae (-1) [#7] {23 weeks}
#8: Treat People With Kindness - Harry Styles (+1) [#8] {8 weeks} *new peak*
#7: willow - Taylor Swift (-1) [#5] {11 weeks}
#6: Golden - Harry Styles (-4) [4 weeks at #1] {19 weeks}
#5: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby (-2) [3 weeks at #1] {21 weeks}
#4: my ex’s best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear (+3) [#2] {23 weeks}
#3: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd (+2) [#3] {16 weeks} *new peak*
#2: Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear (+2) [4 weeks at #1] {25 weeks}
#1: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo (-) [2nd week at #1] {8 weeks}

Last Year’s #1: Adore You - Harry Styles [4/10 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: 3, 2, 1 - 24kGoldn

Biggest DROP!!!: I’m not Pretty - JESSIA (-5): It kind of sucks that the Ones to Watch never do too well. This song’s pretty good and I’d like to see it at last for at least more than a month.

Biggest Jump: Lifestyle - Jason Derulo/Adam Levine, Fly Away - Tones And I, Anyone - Justin Bieber & my ex’s best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear (+3): Ok then. It’s slightly ridiculous that the biggest jump is only three spots, but whatever. Lifestyle’s good, so I’m glad it’s jumping. Fly Away can leave because I’m pretty sure nobody actually remembers that it’s still here. Anyone is great, so I’m glad that it’s nearly a top 10 hit here. As for my ex’s best friend, I’m glad to see it in the top 5 again.

Countdown Ranking

0 - Crap:
#30: Golden - Harry Styles

1 - Bad:
#29: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish

2 - Mediocre:
#28: Fly Away - Tones And I
#27: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney

3 - Decent:
#26: Good Days - SZA
#25: 34+35 - Ariana Grande
#24: Heat Waves - Glass Animals

4 - Good:
#23: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#22: We’re Good - Dua Lipa
#21: Skin - Sabrina Carpenter
#20: Treat People With Kindness - Harry Styles
#19: willow - Taylor Swift
#18: I’m not Pretty - JESSIA
#17: Lifestyle - Jason Derulo/Adam Levine
#16: Afterglow - Ed Sheeran
#15: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke

5 - Great:
#14: Lie Lie Lie - Joshua Bassett
#13: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug
#12: my ex’s best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#11: Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear
#10: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby
#9: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo
#8: Anyone - Justin Bieber
#7: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd
#6: Overdrive - Conan Gray
#5: Lasting Lover - Sigala/James Arthur
#4: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI
#3: My Head & My Heart - Ava Max
#2: Love Story (Taylor’s Version) - Taylor Swift
#1: Way Less Sad - AJR

Overall Score: 120/150 = 80%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Golden - Harry Styles {19 weeks}
#4: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke {20 weeks}
#3: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby {21 weeks}
#2: you broke me first - Tate McRae & my ex’s best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear {23 weeks}
#1: Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear {25 weeks}

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: This Is Heaven - Nick Jonas

My Favourite Song Last Year: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: Say So - Doja Cat

Most Missed Countdown Song: Demons - Imagine Dragons

Hit-Bound
Best Friend - Saweetie/Doja Cat [5]
The Business - Tiësto [2]
Provide - G-Eazy/Chris Brown/Mark Morrison [3]
Beginning Middle End - Leah Nobel [2]
cheers - blackbear/Wiz Khalifa [5]
forget me too - Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey [2; 2nd time]
Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion [1]
3, 2, 1 - 24kGoldn [2]
Bad Girl - Daya [2]
too many feelings - Ruel [2]
Goosebumps (Remix) - Travis Scott/HVME [4]
Talk About Love - Zara Larsson/Young Thug [6]
Remember That Night? - Sara Kays [4]
Cry Over Boys - Alexander 23 [4]
Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf [2]

So when I first read that Maroon 5 and Megan Thee Stallion were collaborating, I was really confused. Then I remembered that Girls Like You existed and I thought “okay, maybe this could be good”. Boy, was I right. Compared to Maroon 5’s past two singles, this is fantastic. It’s still kind of chill, but the production actually has stuff going on in it. Plus, Megan delivers a great verse. Also, she can sing? What? Okay, then, she sounds pretty good. Adam Levine sounds pretty good here too. Overall, this is a step in the right direction for Maroon 5.

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Crap:
#15: The Business - Tiësto

1 - Bad:
#14: Beginning Middle End - Leah Nobel
#13: Best Friend - Saweetie/Doja Cat

2 - Mediocre:
#12: Goosebumps (Remix) - Travis Scott/HVME

3 - Decent:
#11: Cry Over Boys - Alexander 23
#10: Bad Girl - Daya
#9: too many feelings - Ruel

4 - Good:
#8: Remember That Night? - Sara Kays
#7: Talk About Love - Zara Larsson/Young Thug
#6: 3, 2, 1 - 24kGoldn
#5: cheers - blackbear/Wiz Khalifa

5 - Great:
#4: Provide - G-Eazy/Chris Brown/Mark Morrison
#3: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion
#2: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf
#1: forget me too - Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey

Overall Score: 49/75 = 65%

Goldn Era Pick
Cooler Than Me - Mike Posner (2010)

This isn’t bad. Personally, I think I Took A Pill In Ibiza is a lot better, but Mike Posner doesn’t sound bad and the production’s pretty good. Yeah, not much else to say about this song, it’s decent.

24kGoldn’s Pick of the Week
PILL BREAKER - Trippie Redd/Travis Barker/Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear

Geez, 24kGoldn sure likes Machine Gun Kelly. This isn’t bad, I guess. Both MGK and blackbear sound good here, but I’m not sure I like Trippie Redd’s voice here. Not too much is going on in the production, though.

Makin’ Beautiful Blurb-Steaks

Just two things this week. First of all, we lost rubberband from Hit-Bound. I seriously don’t care that this song’s gone, because it was extremely forgettable.

Next, our top 5 is one of the best we’ve had in a while. All of the songs are great. I’m really happy that Save Your Tears is in the top 3 and while I’m not sure why Monsters is back up at #2, but I don’t really care.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#1: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo
#3: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug
#4: 34+35 - Ariana Grande
#5: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#6: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd
#7: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior
#9: positions - Ariana Grande
#10: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby
#11: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke
#12: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish
#17: Good Days - SZA
#18: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth
#21: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#24: my ex’s best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#27: Holy - Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper
#28: Best Friend - Saweetie/Doja Cat
#29: willow - Taylor Swift
#30: Lonely - Justin Bieber/benny blanco
#31: Bang! - AJR
#33: Anyone - Justin Bieber
#34: Lemonade - Internet Money/Gunna/Don Toliver/NAV
#36: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney
#38: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI
#39: Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk
#41: Body - Megan Thee Stallion
#49: We’re Good - Dua Lipa
#50: Dynamite - BTS
#55: Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear
#56: Goosebumps (Remix) - Travis Scott/HVME
#57: Golden - Harry Styles
#59: My Head & My Heart - Ava Max
#62: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf
#65: Heat Waves - Glass Animals
#74: Lifestyle - Jason Derulo/Adam Levine
#94: Afterglow - Ed Sheeran
#96: The Business - Tiësto
#98: Monster - Shawn Mendes/Justin Bieber

Top 10 on the Hunger Games Countdown
#10: Goodbye - Shaylen
#9: Space Girl - Frances Forever
#8: Goosebumps (Remix) - Travis Scott/HVME
#7: Oh My God - Alec Benjamin
#6: Lie Lie Lie - Joshua Bassett
#5: Toosie Slide - Drake
#4: Blueberry Eyes - MAX/SUGA
#3: Good Days - SZA
#2: Skin - Sabrina Carpenter
#1: Remember That Night? - Sara Kays

Top 10 If the Countdown Made Sense
#10: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug
#9: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke
#8: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby
#7: my ex’s best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#6: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd
#5: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#4: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney
#3: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish
#2: 34+35 - Ariana Grande
#1: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all in the next one.

27 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure This Is Heaven has already been heard on Hits 1 before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know.

      Delete
    2. With that in mind, Spaceman will probably be Nick's next single unless if that changes which I doubt might not.

      Delete
  2. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Astronaut In The Ocean: 29 spins
    All I Want: 29 spins
    Provide: 24 spins
    I'm Not Mad: 24 spins
    forget me too: 23 spins
    Best Friend: 19 spins
    Goosebumps: 19 spins
    rubberband: 16 spins
    3, 2, 1: 15 spins
    Beautiful Mistakes: 8 spins
    The Eulogy of You and Me: 8 spins
    Leave The Door Open: 7 spins
    Only Wanna Be With You: 5 spins
    This Is Heaven: 4 spins
    Momma Always Told Me: 3 spins
    Till Forever Falls Apart: 3 spins
    Sacrifice: 2 spins
    Spaceman: 2 spins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    All I Want: 33 spins
    Astronaut In The Ocean: 26 spins
    I'm Not Mad: 26 spins
    3, 2, 1: 24 spins
    Provide: 24 spins
    forget me too: 22 spins
    Goosebumps: 20 spins
    Best Friend: 18 spins
    rubberband: 10 spins
    The Eulogy of You and Me: 10 spins
    Beautiful Mistakes: 7 spins
    This Is Heaven: 7 spins
    Leave The Door Open: 7 spins
    Only Wanna Be With You: 3 spins
    Till Forever Falls Apart: 3 spins
    Sacrifice: 2 spins
    Spaceman: 2 spins

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just did a Hits 1 survey!

    Countdown Songs They Didn't Ask About:
    Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug
    Skin - Sabrina Carpenter
    Afterglow - Ed Sheeran
    Love Story (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift
    34+35 - Ariana Grande
    Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby

    Hit-Bound Songs They Asked About:
    Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic
    Till Forever Falls Apart - Ashe/FINNEAS
    Best Friend - Saweetie/Doja Cat
    forget me too - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
    Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf
    Beginning Middle End - Leah Nobel
    All I Want - Olivia Rodrigo
    The Eulogy of You and Me - LILHUDDY
    Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion
    Goosebumps (Remix) - Travis Scott/HVME
    3, 2, 1 - 24kGoldn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think beautiful mistakes will be on the countdown

      Delete
    2. You put Blackbear again 😂

      Delete
    3. Why do you keep on MIXING UP BLACKBEAR AND HALSEY

      Delete
    4. He can't help it (obviously).

      Delete
    5. It's harder than you think.

      Delete
  5. First four songs of the 2020 Ultimate Rank are officially revealed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Circles is #1 on tonight's WW15... what the hell?? 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that was batshit crazy I was hoping for DL again and was finessed

      Delete
  7. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    All I Want: 33 spins
    Astronaut In The Ocean: 26 spins
    I'm Not Mad: 26 spins
    Provide: 24 spins
    Goosebumps: 22 spins
    forget me too: 21 spins
    Best Friend: 19 spins
    3, 2, 1: 18 spins
    rubberband: 18 spins
    The Eulogy of You and Me: 15 spins
    Beautiful Mistakes: 8 spins
    This Is Heaven: 8 spins
    Leave The Door Open: 8 spins
    Till Forever Falls Apart: 6 spins
    Sacrifice: 4 spins
    Only Wanna Be With You: 2 spins
    Spaceman: 2 spins

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    All I Want: 32 spins
    Astronaut In The Ocean: 30 spins
    forget me too: 29 spins
    I'm Not Mad: 27 spins
    Provide: 24 spins
    The Eulogy of You and Me: 22 spins
    3, 2, 1: 21 spins
    Goosebumps: 21 spins
    Best Friend: 17 spins
    rubberband: 16 spins
    Beautiful Mistakes: 11 spins
    Leave The Door Open: 10 spins
    Till Forever Falls Apart: 8 spins
    This Is Heaven: 8 spins
    Sacrifice: 5 spins
    Spaceman: 2 spins
    The Business: 1 spin

    ReplyDelete
  9. More reveals for the 2020 Ultimate Rank, which means there's more Community Rankings to do!

    https://forms.gle/ZRBsSbNXyd58Q3g98

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done! And I went as my real name in case if anyone wondered who it was.

      Delete
  10. I’m Not Mad should debut HitBound this week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    forget me too: 36 spins
    Astronaut In The Ocean: 35 spins
    The Eulogy of You and Me: 32 spins
    All I Want: 31 spins
    I'm Not Mad: 27 spins
    Provide: 23 spins
    3, 2, 1: 21 spins
    Goosebumps: 21 spins
    Leave The Door Open: 18 spins
    Till Forever Falls Apart: 16 spins
    Best Friend: 14 spins
    The Business: 13 spins
    Beautiful Mistakes: 10 spins
    This Is Heaven: 8 spins
    Sacrifice: 6 spins
    Spaceman: 2 spins

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    forget me too: 43 spins
    The Eulogy of You and Me: 42 spins
    Astronaut In The Ocean: 37 spins
    All I Want: 30 spins
    I'm Not Mad: 27 spins
    Provide: 25 spins
    Goosebumps: 24 spins
    Leave The Door Open: 23 spins
    3, 2, 1: 22 spins
    The Business: 18 spins
    Till Forever Falls Apart: 18 spins
    Best Friend: 16 spins
    Beautiful Mistakes: 11 spins
    Sacrifice: 7 spins
    This Is Heaven: 6 spins
    Spaceman: 2 spins

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been brainstorming for the Weekend Countdown Olympics this year lately. It's gonna be a good one and I hope you guys all participate. It'll end up happening in the Summer though, so still a decent-sized wait.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My predictions for this week's countdown.

    Exits:
    Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy
    Sabrina Carpenter - Skin
    Ed Sheeran - Afterglow

    Debuts/Re-entries:
    Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey - Forget Me Too
    Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean
    LILHUDDY - The Eulogy of You and Me

    Hit-Bound Debuts:
    Ashe/Finneas - Till Forever Falls Apart
    Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open
    Nick Jonas - Spaceman

    Biggest Drop: Taylor Swift - Love Story (Taylor's Version)

    Biggest Jump: AJR - Way Less Sad

    #1 Song: Olivia Rodrigo - Drivers License (3rd Week)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Till forever falls apart and leave the door open are on the countdown

      Delete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)