Monday, March 29, 2021

Hot 100 Overview: Week of March 27, 2021 - Cardi B (1)

Cardi B (1)
It was a pretty active week this week, but honestly, every week on the Hot 100 is pretty active, so... Voting for round 2 of March Madness is officially open, so I'd highly recommend doing that. New music this week from NF, Imagine Dragons, Machine Gun Kelly and more!

The Top 10
#1: Up - Cardi B (+5) [1st week at #1] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#2: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic (+2) [#2] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#3: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo (+2) [8 weeks at #1] {10 weeks}
#4: What's Next - Drake (-3) [1 week at #1] {2 weeks}
#5: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd (+2) [#4] {14 weeks}
#6: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd (+2) [4 weeks at #1] {67 weeks}
#7: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby (+6) [#5] {24 weeks}
#8: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior (+2) [8 weeks at #1] {32 weeks}
#9: 34+35 - Ariana Grande (-) [#2] {20 weeks}
#10: Wants and Needs - Drake/Lil Baby (-8) [#2] {2 weeks}

So this week, this was when the Grammys impacted. So there are some boosts from performers at the Grammys. Obviously, Up took the #1 spot, which I'm quite happy about. Leave The Door Open jumped up to #2, which I don't care about and it probably won't stay there anyways, so whatever. Levitating also got a boost, but I also only expect this to last about a week. I'm glad to see drivers license back up at #3 this week and I hope that it can manage to go back to the #1 spot, even if only for a week.

Debuts

#36: Street Runner - Rod Wave

This guy had a song last year called Rags2Riches, which I didn't mind. As for this song, it's pretty good. It takes a really long time to start, just like Rags2Riches, but once it does, it's quite good. The sample here sounds really good and I think Rod Wave sounds great and works well with the beat. I hope this sticks around for a bit.

#70: On The Ground - ROSÉ

This person's apparently in the k-pop group BLACKPINK and now she's going solo. This is a really good song. It doesn't sound that much like a k-pop song, which I really appreciate because k-pop is not my style. ROSÉ sounds really great here and the production works so well with the song here. The melody's really interesting and the chorus is actually quite catchy. I really like this song. 

#79: LOST - NF/Hopsin

NF's releasing a mixtape called CLOUDS (THE MIXTAPE) and this is the second single from it. I think that this one's better than the title track, which was released a few weeks ago. The beat here sounds really good and I think that NF's flow works really well with it. Hopsin also works quite well with the song. Yeah, this is good and it'll probably leave next week.

#83: Follow You - Imagine Dragons

In my opinion, this was one of the weaker Imagine Dragons singles. Clearly people agreed with me, as it didn't debut too high this week. It's still pretty good though and I'm glad that it managed to debut anyways. I hope it doesn't leave too soon.

#88: DAYWALKER! - Machine Gun Kelly/CORPSE

I've been liking MGK's stuff recently, but this really isn't for me. The production really doesn't sound good and CORPSE's voice sounds a lot like 6ix9ine's yelling voice, which is to say not good. I really hope that this doesn't stay here and I'm really shocked that it debuted.

#90: Settling Down - Miranda Lambert

Great... my favourite country artist. This definitely isn't her worst, but nothing about it is that interesting. Yeah, that's all I have to say about this.

Best Debut: Follow You - Imagine Dragons

Worst Debut: DAYWALKER! - Machine Gun Kelly/CORPSE

Re-Entries

#84: Baila Conmigo - Selena Gomez/Rauw Alejandro (RE-ENTRY) [#74] {2 weeks}

This song re-entered because Selena Gomez released her EP. I think this song is pretty good. Both Selena and Rauw Alejandro sound pretty good here and it's got a good, steady beat that compliments the song well. Good song, I hope it doesn't leave right away, although it probably will.

#87: Like I Want You - Giveon (RE-ENTRY) [#87] {4 weeks} *new peak*

I'm pretty sure Giveon released the album that this is on and I never liked this song, so whatever.

#100: Undivided - Tim McGraw/Tyler Hubbard (RE-ENTRY) [#76] {2 weeks}

Just another generic mediocre country song. Good lyrics, and I like that a country artist is tackling these topics, but that's about everything that sticks out for me.

Losses
#31: Lemon Pepper Freestyle - Drake/Rick Ross (-28) [#3] {2 weeks}
#45: Whoopty - CJ (-16) [#10] {19 weeks}
#58: Real As It Gets - Lil Baby/EST Gee (-24) [#34] {2 weeks}
#59: Hold On - Justin Bieber (-33) [#26] {2 weeks}
#81: Beers And Sunshine - Darius Rucker (-12) [#42] {14 weeks}
#94: Hellcats & Trackhawks - Only The Family/Lil Durk (-20) [#74] {2 weeks}

Did the best of the three Drake songs from last week really have to drop that much? I mean, come on. As for Whoopty, it was getting kind of old. Hold On will probably rebound next week because of the release of Justice and the rest are forgettable.

Gains
#25: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf (+12) [#25] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#26: No More Parties (Remix) - Coi Leray/Lil Durk (+13) [#26] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#30: Heartbreak Anniversary - Giveon (+22) [#30] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#75: Pick Up Your Feelings - Jazmine Sullivan (+10) [#75] {8 weeks} *new peak*

I'm really glad to see Astronaut In The Ocean and Pick Up Your Feelings gaining and I don't care about the other two.

Dropouts
Holy - Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper (#49) [#3] {25 weeks}
Golden - Harry Styles (#65) [#57] {20 weeks}
Lifestyle - Jason Derulo/Adam Levine (#81) [#71] {5 weeks}
Moonwalking in Calabasas - DDG (#93) [#81] {11 weeks}
Tyler Herro - Jack Harlow (#94) [#34] {20 weeks}
Somebody's Problem - Morgan Wallen (#95) [#25] {13 weeks}
Cover Me Up - Morgan Wallen (#96) [#52] {10 weeks}
Life's A Mess II - Juice WRLD/Clever/Post Malone (#97) [#97] {1 week}
AP - Pop Smoke (#99) [#64] {2 weeks}

Holy and Tyler Herro were getting kind of old, so I'm not really disappointed that either of them are gone. Golden was never good and I don't get why it was even somewhat of a hit in the first place. I never expected Lifestyle to be a hit, so whatever. Moonwalking in Calabasas was quite good and deserved better. Life's A Mess II was great, but I never expected it to last more than a week. As for AP, it wasn't Pop Smoke's best, so whatever. WYKBL is still doing well.

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all in the next one.

21 comments:

  1. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    As I Am: 34 spins
    All I Want: 32 spins
    Only Wanna Be With You: 27 spins
    3, 2, 1: 25 spins
    Remember That Night?: 22 spins
    The Business: 20 spins
    Goosebumps: 19 spins
    I'm Not Mad: 19 spins
    Sacrifice: 18 spins
    Good Days: 17 spins
    pov: 8 spins
    Patience: 7 spins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw Up and MONTERO on xmplaylist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    All I Want: 33 spins
    As I Am: 32 spins
    Only Wanna Be With You: 27 spins
    3, 2, 1: 23 spins
    Remember That Night?: 20 spins
    The Business: 20 spins
    Goosebumps: 20 spins
    I'm Not Mad: 19 spins
    Sacrifice: 18 spins
    Good Days: 15 spins
    Patience: 12 spins
    pov: 10 spins

    Again, XMPlaylist is being weird, but Once In A Lifetime, You All Over Me, MONTERO, Up and Dancing With The Devil are all getting spins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you should’ve added them

      Delete
    2. I'd have to scroll through looking for one of the songs, when I found one clicked "info", then it would show be its weekly spins. When I'd try to go back out, it would send me all the way back to the top, so I'd have to start scrolling all over again and I would have to do this five times. This would take me around 15 minutes, so I don't really feel like it. But once XMPlaylist gets their "Newest" section working again, I'll have every single song that's getting spins and the amount of spins that they're getting.

      Delete
    3. It's still not working for me. :(

      Delete
    4. Now it doesn't work for me again

      Delete
    5. Welp. Now it's working for me.

      Delete
  4. Double reveal day for the 2020 Ultimate Rank! Come get your Community Rankings!

    https://forms.gle/vjiM9mat3avceKPdA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quick reminder that you should get in your March Madness votes by Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Top ten on the billboard 100:
    #10 Mood
    #9 what you know bout love
    #8 what’s next
    #7 Levitating
    #6 blinding lights
    #5 save your tears
    #4 Drivers license
    #3 leave the door open
    #2 up
    #1 peaches

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    All I Want: 34 spins
    As I Am: 30 spins
    Only Wanna Be With You: 29 spins
    Goosebumps: 23 spins
    The Business: 22 spins
    I'm Not Mad: 20 spins
    3, 2, 1: 20 spins
    Patience: 17 spins
    Remember That Night?: 17 spins
    Sacrifice: 17 spins
    pov: 15 spins
    Good Days: 13 spins
    MONTERO: 10 spins
    Up: 6 spins
    You All Over Me: 5 spins
    Dancing With The Devil: 5 spins
    Once In A Lifetime: 2 spins

    ReplyDelete
  8. New on hits 1: Deja vu - Olivia Rodrigo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s so different from Drivers License wow. Definitely not the direction I expected her to take

      Delete
    2. Yeah, not sure I'm a huge fan.

      Delete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)