Saturday, March 27, 2021

Week of March 27, 2021 - Taylor Swift (1)

Wow, this week was insanely active. There were so many huge jumps and drops and lots of new songs to review this week. In announcements, I've officially started March Madness and we're done with round 1. Voting for round 2 will open on Monday and close on Thursday, so keep an eye out for that. Here are our exits for this week!

Songs We're Saying Goodbye To
3, 2, 1 - 24kGoldn (#26) [#26] {2 weeks}
Lasting Lover - Sigala/James Arthur (#19) [#12] {12 weeks}
Lie Lie Lie - Joshua Bassett (#9) [#9] {8 weeks}

Last Week's #1: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo (4)

#30: Too Late - Cash Cash/Wiz Khalifa/Lukas Graham (DEBUT) [2 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#29: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf (+1) [#29] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#28: First Time - ILLENIUM/iann dior (DEBUT) [1 week in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#27: Fly Away - Tones And I (-3) [#22] {8 weeks}
#26: The Eulogy of You and Me - LILHUDDY (+3) [#26] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#25: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke (-3) [#17] {23 weeks}
#24: Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear (-20) [4 weeks at #1] {28 weeks}
#23: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon (DEBUT) [0 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#22: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney (-7) [#15] {20 weeks}
#21: Golden - Harry Styles (-19) [4 weeks at #1] {22 weeks}
#20: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI (-2) [#18] {8 weeks}
#19: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion (+8) [#19] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#18: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby (-6) [3 weeks at #1] {24 weeks}
#17: forget me too - Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey (-4) [#13] {5 weeks}
#16: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic (+12) [#16] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#15: Heat Waves - Glass Animals (+8) [#15] {9 weeks} *new peak*
#14: I'm not Pretty - JESSIA (+7) [#14] {7 weeks} *new peak*
#13: Way Less Sad - AJR (+12) [#13] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#12: My Head & My Heart - Ava Max (-4) [#8] {9 weeks}
#11: Anyone - Justin Bieber (+5) [#11] {11 weeks} *new peak*
#10: my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear (-3) [#2] {26 weeks}
#9: Till Forever Falls Apart - Ashe/FINNEAS (+11) [#9] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#8: Overdrive - Conan Gray (+6) [#8] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#7: We're Good - Dua Lipa (+10) [#7] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#6: Treat People With Kindness - Harry Styles (+5) [#6] {11 weeks} *new peak*
#5: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish (+5) [#3] {19 weeks}
#4: you broke me first - Tate McRae (+1) [#4] {26 weeks} *new peak*
#3: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo (-2) [4 weeks at #1] {11 weeks}
#2: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd (+4) [#2] {19 weeks} *new peak*
#1: willow - Taylor Swift (+2) [1st week at #1] {14 weeks} *new peak*

Last Year's #1: Adore You - Harry Styles [7/10 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: Patience - KSI/YUNGBLUD/Polo G

Well, I definitely wasn't expecting that. Despite getting really not many spins this week, Too Late by Cash Cash, Wiz Khalifa and Lukas Graham debuts at #30 this week. I'm quite happy that this debuted so soon, as I really enjoy this song. Both Wiz Khalifa and Lukas Graham (which is actually apparently a band) sound quite good here. Cash Cash's production is really great too and they really pull this song together. I hope that this becomes a hit here.

ILLENIUM scores his first song on the Weekend Countdown and iann dior scores his third with this new song, First Time. This is an EDM/Pop-rock song and I think it was executed quite well. iann dior sounds really good here (much better than he did in Holding On) and ILLENIUM's production works really well with his voice. The song is pretty catchy too. I hope that this sticks around for a bit.

Justin Bieber released his new album, Justice about a week ago and with it, he released two singles. One of those singles, Peaches featuring Daniel Caesar and Giveon debuts this week. I really would've preferred the other single, As I Am featuring Khalid. This song is quite bad. The chorus is just straight-up annoying and nobody sounds good here. The song isn't even interesting enough to even start to save the song from those faults, too. I really hope that this isn't a hit, but hopefully, since Hits 1 tends to not really like Justin Bieber, they won't let this song do too well.

Best Debut: Too Late - Cash Cash/Wiz Khalifa/Lukas Graham

Biggest DROP!!!: Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear (-20): This is the biggest drop that we've had since before the Countdown was shortened, I'm pretty sure. I'm definitely not surprised that this song dropped, but I'm surprised that it dropped all the way down to #24 from #4, though.

Biggest Jump: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic & Way Less Sad - AJR (+12): Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if this week ended up getting the award for "Biggest Combined Movers" in the Year in Review 2021 post. I'm really happy that Way Less Sad is all the way up at #13 and I hope this means that it becomes a big hit here. As for Leave The Door Open, I expected it, but I don't really care. ,'-',

Countdown Ranking

0 - Crap:
#30: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon
#29: Golden - Harry Styles

1 - Bad:
#28: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish

2 - Mediocre:
#27: Fly Away - Tones And I
#26: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney

3 - Decent:
#25: Till Forever Falls Apart - Ashe/FINNEAS
#24: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic
#23: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#22: Heat Waves - Glass Animals

4 - Good:
#21: We're Good - Dua Lipa
#20: I'm not Pretty - JESSIA
#19: Treat People With Kindness - Harry Styles
#18: willow - Taylor Swift
#17: The Eulogy of You and Me - LILHUDDY
#16: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke

5 - Great:
#15: my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#14: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby
#13: Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear
#12: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion
#11: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd
#10: Anyone - Justin Bieber
#9: forget me too - Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey
#8: First Time - ILLENIUM/iann dior
#7: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo
#6: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI
#5: Too Late - Cash Cash/Wiz Khalifa/Lukas Graham
#4: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf
#3: My Head & My Heart - Ava Max
#2: Overdrive - Conan Gray
#1: Way Less Sad - AJR

Overall Score: 116/150 = 77%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Golden - Harry Styles {22 weeks}
#4: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke {23 weeks}
#3: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby {24 weeks}
#2: my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear & you broke me first - Tate McRae {26 weeks}
#1: Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear {28 weeks}

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Up - Cardi B

My Favourite Song Last Year: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: Adore You - Harry Styles

Most Missed Countdown Song: Believer - Imagine Dragons

Hit-Bound
slower - Tate McRae [2]
Calling My Phone - Lil Tjay/6LACK [3]
acting like that - YUNGBLUD/Machine Gun Kelly [3]
pov - Ariana Grande [1]
The Business - Tiësto [5]
3, 2, 1 - 24kGoldn [1; 2nd time]
Obsessed - Addison Rae [1]
Good Days - SZA [3; 2nd time]
2Drunk - Nick Jonas [3]
CHICKEN TENDIES - Clinton Kane [2]
Sucks Being Sober - Annika Wells [1]
Patience - KSI/YUNGBLUD/Polo G [1]
Sacrifice - Bebe Rexha [3]
Remember That Night? - Sara Kays [7]
Goosebumps (Remix) - Travis Scott/HVME [7]

slower by Tate McRae re-entered Hit-Bound this week. I really don't care that it's back.

Ariana Grande's now released her third single from her album Positions and it's pov, my personal favourite from the album. I'm so happy that she decided to release this, as it's fantastic. Ariana's voice absolutely shines throughout this entire song, especially in the chorus. The writing's also just really fantastic. The production compliments this song really well too. I really love this song and I really hope that it becomes her next #1 song on the Hot 100.

24kGoldn released his first studio album this week, called El Dorado (which is "The Golden" in spanish, by the way) and with the release of the album, 3, 2, 1 dropped out of the Countdown and re-entered Hit-Bound. I would've liked to see his new song Love Or Lust debut this week, but whatever. Also, I don't really care that this didn't really end up sticking around.

I don't know what's weirder: pretty much every TikTok star making music or the fact that Hits 1 keeps picking up on their songs. Anyways, Addison Rae tried her hand at music with her new song Obsessed. It's... fine. I'm not sure how she got benny blanco to produce this, but whatever. She's definitely not the best singer and the production isn't anything too unique, but it's still not bad. One trend that I've noticed though is that these TikTok-ers aren't the best songwriters. The writing in this song really reminds me of Me Too by Meghan Trainor (which I don't like, by the way). I guess it was supposed to be a self-confidence song, but it wasn't executed very well.

Alright, quick breath of fresh air before we jump back into social media people making music. This song's called Sucks Being Sober and it's by a new artist called Annika Wells. This song's fun. I think Annika Wells sounds quite good here and the production compliments her voice and the melody really well. There's not much too interesting to talk about here, but it's definitely still an enjoyable song.

So this YouTuber called KSI has decided to start music, so he has a new song with YUNGBLUD and Polo G called Patience. I'm not entirely sure whether I should take KSI seriously or not, as I'm not familiar with him, but from the sound of this song, I'd say he's at least trying to be taken seriously as an artist and I buy it. He's definitely not the best singer, but he's definitely better than Addison Rae. I don't think YUNGBLUD sounds very good in the chorus and he probably wasn't the best choice here and Polo G doesn't sound great either, but the production's really good and the melody's quite interesting. This might be a grower, but probably not.

Best Debut: pov - Ariana Grande

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Crap:
#15: The Business - Tiësto

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#14: Obsessed - Addison Rae
#13: Goosebumps (Remix) - Travis Scott/HVME

3 - Decent:
#12: slower - Tate McRae
#11: Patience - KSI/YUNGBLUD/Polo G
#10: Calling My Phone - Lil Tjay/6LACK
#9: Good Days - SZA

4 - Good:
#8: Remember That Night? - Sara Kays
#7: Sucks Being Sober - Annika Wells
#6: Sacrifice - Bebe Rexha
#5: 3, 2, 1 - 24kGoldn
#4: 2Drunk - Nick Jonas

5 - Great:
#3: acting like that - YUNGBLUD/Machine Gun Kelly
#2: CHICKEN TENDIES - Clinton Kane
#1: pov - Ariana Grande

I Get My Blurbs Down In Georgia (Oh Yeah)

So the Countdown exits that I haven't talked about yet are Lasting Lover and Lie Lie Lie. It really sucks to see Lasting Lover left, especially right after I grew back into it. As for Lie Lie Lie, it definitely faded on me from when it first entered Hit-Bound and I never really expected it to be a hit anyways, so I don't care about that one too much.

As for Hit-Bound exits, we lost Provide, Follow You, Bad Girl and Beginning Middle End. It really sucks that Hits 1 isn't giving many rap songs a chance to do well on the Countdown and I think Provide deserved to do well. I'm like 99% sure that Follow You isn't gone and it'll re-enter next week, as it's still getting spins and it literally only spent a week here and Hits 1 really likes Imagine Dragons. As for Bad Girl and Beginning Middle End, I never really cared about either of them, so I don't really care that they're gone.

Looks like Put Your Records On doesn't have much time left here, which is good especially considering it's gaining pretty much everywhere else.

Golden dropped to #21 this week. It was at #2 last week. WOOOOH! We can finally get rid of this and now Treat People With Kindness can hit #1, which I'm actually fine with, as it's a good song.

Beautiful Mistakes made a big gain from its debut last week, which is good.

Heat Waves is now a top 15 hit and while I wasn't expecting it, I'll definitely take it.

Wow, I'm not Pretty is now the third One to Watch to actually make it into the top 15. Could it become the second One to Watch to make it to the top 10? Maybe.

Sorry, why did My Head & My Heart drop to #12? This makes no sense.

Till Forever Falls Apart is now all the way at #9, which means this will probably hit #1 because Hits 1 discovered Ashe. And yes, I'm still convinced that if Niall Horan hadn't have hopped on Moral of the Story, this never would've happened.

Overdrive is now a top 10 hit, which I'm really happy about. I'd love to see this make it into the top 5, maybe even hit #1. Who knows?

We're Good also had a huge gain to #7 this week. Sure, I'll take it, I guess.

Therefore I Am is now up to #5, which absolutely sucks. It should be gone by now.

drivers license fell off of #1, making willow our new #1. I guess I'll take it, although drivers license should still be #1.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#2: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic
#3: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo
#5: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd
#6: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#7: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby
#8: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior
#9: 34+35 - Ariana Grande
#11: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug
#12: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke
#13: Calling My Phone - Lil Tjay/6LACK
#15: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish
#17: positions - Ariana Grande
#19: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#21: Best Friend - Saweetie/Doja Cat
#25: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf
#27: Good Days - SZA
#28: my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#32: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney
#34: Dynamite - BTS
#37: Anyone - Justin Bieber
#39: willow - Taylor Swift
#40: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI
#46: My Head & My Heart - Ava Max
#47: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion
#52: We're Good - Dua Lipa
#56: Heat Waves - Glass Animals
#57: Goosebumps (Remix) - Travis Scott/HVME
#60: Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear
#64: Body - Megan Thee Stallion
#69: The Business - Tiësto
#83: Follow You - Imagine Dragons

Top 10 on the Hunger Games Countdown
#10: Best Friend - Saweetie/Doja Cat
#9: going out - ROLE MODEL
#8: Bad Girl - Daya
#7: Lie Lie Lie - Joshua Bassett
#6: Midnight - Alesso/Liam Payne
#5: Bitter - FLETCHER/Kito
#4: Remember That Night? - Sara Kays
#3: Good Days - SZA
#2: Stay Next To Me - Quinn XCII/Chelsea Cutler
#1: Way Less Sad - AJR

Top 10 If the Countdown Made Sense
#10: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke
#9: We're Good - Dua Lipa
#8: My Head & My Heart - Ava Max
#7: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney
#6: Anyone - Justin Bieber
#5: my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#4: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd
#3: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#2: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish
#1: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all in the next one.

22 comments:

  1. Full List of Hit-Bound Dropouts in 2021 (So Far):
    Bad Girl - Daya
    Beginning Middle End - Leah Nobel
    Best Friend - Saweetie/Doja Cat
    Bitter - FLETCHER/Kito
    Blueberry Eyes - MAX/SUGA
    Body - Megan Thee Stallion
    Broke Boy - Malia Civetz
    cheers - blackbear/Wiz Khalifa
    Cry Over Boys - Alexander 23
    Girls Like Us - Zoe Wees
    Hawái (Remix) - Maluma/The Weeknd
    In The Morning - Jennifer Lopez
    Lotus Inn - Why Don't We
    Momma Always Told Me - Mike Posner/Stanaj/Yung Bae
    Never the 1 - ROSIE
    One Whole Day - Dixie D'Amelio/Wiz Khalifa
    Provide - G-Eazy/Chris Brown/Mark Morrison
    rubberband - Tate McRae
    SO DONE - The Kid LAROI
    Space Girl - Frances Forever
    Stay Next To Me - Quinn XCII/Chelsea Cutler
    Talk About Love - Zara Larsson/Young Thug
    too many feelings - Ruel

    This is a total of 23 dropouts for the year so far. This is already more than half of last year's Hit-Bound dropouts and already more than 2018 and 2019's list of dropouts (not combined).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a quick reminder that it's only March and at this pace, we'll have 92 dropouts, more than 2018, 2019 and 2020's dropouts combined.

      Delete
  2. Telepatía lyrics in english
    Who'd say
    That love could be made by telepathy
    The moon is full, my bed is empty
    What i would do to you
    If I had your mind in front of you, I would blow it away
    By night and by day, by night and by day
    You know I'm just a flight away
    If you wanted you can take a private plane
    For miles we are connecting
    And you turn me on even though you're not touching me
    You know I got a lot to say
    All these voices in the background of my brain
    And they tell me everything you're thinking
    I imagine what you are already plotting
    Who'd say
    That love could be made by telepathy
    The moon is full, my bed is empty
    What i would do to you
    If I had your mind in front of you, I would blow it away
    By night and by day, by night and by day
    You know that I can see right through you
    I can read your mind
    I can read your mind
    What you want to do
    It's written all over your face times two
    'Cause I can read your mind
    I can read your mind
    I can hear your thoughts like a melody
    Listen while you talk when you're fast asleep
    You stay on the phone just to hear me breathe
    On repeat
    Who'd say
    That love could be made by telepathy
    The moon is full, my bed is empty
    What i would do to you
    If I had your mind in front of you, I would blow it away
    By night and by day, by night and by day
    You know I got a lot to say
    All these voices in the background of my brain

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am commenting this while listening to The Hot Up...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    All I Want: 31 spins
    As I Am: 29 spins
    Only Wanna Be With You: 26 spins
    3, 2, 1: 22 spins
    Remember That Night?: 21 spins
    The Business: 20 spins
    Goosebumps: 20 spins
    I'm Not Mad: 20 spins
    Follow You: 17 spins
    Sacrifice: 17 spins
    Provide: 16 spins
    Good Days: 13 spins
    Patience: 10 spins
    pov: 9 spins

    XMPlaylist is being weird and won't give me the newest songs, so this is all you get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just got and did a survey.

    Hit-Bound Songs
    Montero (Call Me By Your Name)
    POV
    Up 😮
    Remember That Night
    Follow You
    The Business
    Patience
    As I Am
    Goosebumps
    Once In A Lifetime
    Sacrifice

    Notable Absences
    3, 2, 1
    Good Days
    Monsters
    Golden
    My Ex’s Best Friend
    Levitating

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OWBWY is also gone.

      Delete
    2. Also, really glad to see Up here and also kind of glad to see Montero here. Even if it's not Lil Nas X's best, it's always nice to hear more from him.

      Delete
    3. WOAH, CARDI B ON HITS 1?!? IDC BC I LUV THAT SONG. Also great to see more Lil Nas X.

      Delete
    4. I didn’t even notice that bc it’s not on the countdown or HB lol

      Delete
  6. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    All I Want: 31 spins
    As I Am: 30 spins
    Only Wanna Be With You: 26 spins
    3, 2, 1: 26 spins
    Goosebumps: 21 spins
    Remember That Night?: 20 spins
    The Business: 20 spins
    I'm Not Mad: 19 spins
    Sacrifice: 17 spins
    Provide: 16 spins
    Good Days: 16 spins
    Patience: 11 spins
    pov: 8 spins

    Again, newest isn't working and I don't feel like putting in the effort to find every song that's also getting spins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You all over me (Taylor’s version): 1 spin

      Delete
  7. New music alert on hits 1: Dancing with the devil - Demi lovato

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)