Sunday, September 13, 2020

Week of September 12, 2020 - Ashe/Niall Horan (4)

Ashe/Niall Horan (4)
I’ve been pretty busy lately, so that’s why I haven’t been able to wrap up the Weekend Countdown Olympics and stuff, but I will get around to that, don’t you worry. As for this week, it was alright. There were some pretty good jumps, but for the most part, it was kind of boring. Here’s the list of exits for this week.

Songs We’re Saying Goodbye To
Control - Zoe Wees (#23) [#12] {10 weeks}
queen of broken hearts - blackbear (#22) [#22] {1 week}
Lose Somebody - Kygo/OneRepublic (#17) [#17] {5 weeks}
Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton (#13) [#8] {23 weeks}

Last Week’s #1: Moral of the Story - Ashe/Niall Horan (3)

#30: Head & Heart - Joel Corry/MNEK (DEBUT) [1* week in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#29: 7 Summers - Morgan Wallen (DEBUT) [3** weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#28: ily (i love you baby) - Surf Mesa/Emilee (DEBUT) [7* weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#27: Over Now - Calvin Harris/The Weeknd (+1) [#27] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#26: Nobody’s Love - Maroon 5 (+1) [#20] {7 weeks}
#25: Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk (+5) [#25] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#24: Ice Cream - BLACKPINK/Selena Gomez (DEBUT) [2* weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#23: WHATS POPPIN - Jack Harlow (+1) [#18] {6 weeks}
#22: Midnight Sky - Miley Cyrus (+7) [#22] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#21: I Should Probably Go To Bed - Dan + Shay (-) [#21] {6 weeks}
#20: Funny - Zedd/Jasmine Thompson (-) [#20] {8 weeks}
#19: Heather - Conan Gray (-7) [#11] {7 weeks}
#18: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior (+8) [#18] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#17: Falling - Harry Styles (+8) [#17] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#16: Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane (-7) [#9] {12 weeks}
#15: Wildflower - 5 Seconds of Summer (-) [#15] {5 weeks}
#14: Breaking Me - Topic/A7S (+2) [#14] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#13: cardigan - Taylor Swift (+6) [#13] {7 weeks}
#12: Midnight - Alesso/Liam Payne (-1) [1 week at #1] {20 weeks}
#11: Be Like That - Kane Brown/Swae Lee/Khalid (+3) [#11] {7 weeks} *new peak*
#10: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles (-) [7 weeks at #1] {27 weeks}
#9: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch (+9) [#9] {12 weeks} *new peak*
#8: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi (-) [1 week at #1] {32 weeks}
#7: me & ur ghost - blackbear (-5) [#2] {21 weeks}
#6: Bang! - AJR (-) [#6] {4 weeks}
#5: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo (-1) [#4] {8 weeks}
#4: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth (-1) [#3] {14 weeks}
#3: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello (+4) [#3] {8 weeks} *new peak*
#2: Kings & Queens - Ava Max (+3) [#2] {11 weeks} *new peak*
#1: Moral of the Story - Ashe/Niall Horan (-) [4th week at #1] {18 weeks}

Last Year’s #1: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer [1/3 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: Monsters - All Time Low/blackbear

Skipping Hit-Bound, debuting at the lowest spot on the Countdown, at #30, is Head & Heart by Joel Corry and MNEK. This song has definitely grown on me since last week. I still really like MNEK’s performance here, and I actually like the drop a bit more now. The production throughout the rest of the song is pretty good, and I hope this is as big of a hit here as it is in the UK. Good song.

Next up, somehow, is Morgan Wallen’s second song on the Weekend Countdown, 7 Summers. This is so much worse than Heartless. He sounds much better in this song than he does in Heartless, but Heartless actually had some substance to it (and Julia Michaels). This song’s just extremely boring. Literally no part of this song is in the least bit interesting, not the production, not the writing, not the vocal performance, literally nothing. That being said, it’s not bad, I actually don’t dislike anything about the song, I just don’t particularly like any part of it.

Our third debut, at #28, is ily by Surf Mesa and Emilee. This song’s also just mediocre. It took the death bed formula, (which is repeated vocals throughout the entire song) and although Surf Mesa made it a bit more interesting than death bed, by chopping up the vocals at some points, it is still the same four lines over and over again. The vocals are pretty good, and the production’s somewhat interesting, but it’s still pretty annoying.

The highest debut of the week also just so happens to be BLACKPINK’s first entrant on the Weekend Countdown, Ice Cream with Selena Gomez. As I explained in my Hot 100 post earlier this week, this has grown on me. I find it hard to dislike now, since most of it is just a lot of fun. The production fits a bit better with the song than I thought it did, and most of the artists here sound good. I say most because I still hate the rapping part. But yeah, this is good.

Best Debut: Head & Heart - Joel Corry/MNEK

Biggest DROP!!!: Heather - Conan Gray & Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane (-7): I’m very happy that Heather dropped, and hopefully it’ll leave soon, and I’m honestly fine with Like That dropping. It’s kind of faded on me.

Biggest Jump: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch (+9): Woooh! This is actually in the top 10! Yay! Hopefully, it can hit top 5, but I’m doubtful.

Countdown Ranking

0 - Crap:
#30: Moral of the Story - Ashe/Niall Horan
#29: Heather - Conan Gray

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#28: 7 Summers - Morgan Wallen
#27: ily (i love you baby) - Surf Mesa/Emilee
#26: Over Now - Calvin Harris/The Weeknd

3 - Decent:
#25: Nobody’s Love - Maroon 5
#24: Midnight - Alesso/Liam Payne
#23: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#22: me & ur ghost - blackbear
#21: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi

4 - Good:
#20: Be Like That - Kane Brown/Swae Lee/Khalid
#19: Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane
#18: Midnight Sky - Miley Cyrus
#17: Ice Cream - BLACKPINK/Selena Gomez
#16: cardigan - Taylor Swift
#15: Head & Heart - Joel Corry/MNEK
#14: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth
#13: Funny - Zedd/Jasmine Thompson
#12: Kings & Queens - Ava Max
#11: Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk

5 - Great:
#10: Wildflower - 5 Seconds of Summer
#9: Breaking Me - Topic/A7S
#8: I Should Probably Go To Bed - Dan + Shay
#7: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo
#6: WHATS POPPIN - Jack Harlow
#5: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
#4: Falling - Harry Styles
#3: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello
#2: Bang! - AJR

Bonus: 6 - Best Song Is in the Top 20:
#1: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior

Overall Score: 112/150 = 75%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Moral of the Story - Ashe/Niall Horan {18 weeks}
#4: Midnight - Alesso/Liam Payne {20 weeks}
#3: me & ur ghost - blackbear {21 weeks}
#2: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles {27 weeks}
#1: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi {32 weeks}

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Gifted - Cordae/Roddy Ricch

My Favourite Song Last Year: Goodbyes - Post Malone

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: Truth Hurts - Lizzo

Most Missed Countdown Song: Something Just Like This - The Chainsmokers/Coldplay

Hit-Bound
F2020 - Avenue Beat [6*]
Figure It Out - Blu DeTiger [5*]
Be Happy (Remix) - Dixie D’Amelio/Lil Mosey/blackbear [8*]
Monsters - All Time Low/blackbear [2*]
Let There Be Love - Ananya Birla [2; 2nd time]
Save Myself - Ashe [2*]
Black And White - Niall Horan [15***]
WOW - Zara Larsson [4*]
Tap In - Saweetie [6*]
Dynamite - BTS [4]
my ex’s best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear [2*]
Stunnin’ - Curtis Waters/Harm Franklin [5*]
OK Not To Be OK - Marshmello/Demi Lovato [1]
Backyard Boy - Claire Rosinkranz [4*]
Wishing Well - Juice WRLD [7*]

Also Available For Vote
Overwhelmed - Royal & the Serpent [1*]

You’ve got to be kidding me. Hits 1 have become huge blackbear stans. I say this because blackbear and Lil Mosey remixed Be Happy by Dixie D’Amelio, so they switched to the remix. All that being said, this is better than the original. It added a trap beat, which I think was actually a pretty good move. The only thing that they kept from the original really was the chorus and a verse by Dixie, but the production’s completely different, but I think it works pretty well. I’m not totally sure if I like Lil Mosey’s verse here, but blackbear’s verse is definitely good. I love his reference to hot girl bummer in there, and it’s probably one of my favourite parts of the remix. Not sad that they switched.

Marshmello and Demi Lovato collaborated for a mental health awareness song, OK Not To Be OK. This is a good song. It’s kind of hard for Demi Lovato to sound bad, and she definitely doesn’t here. I think Marshmello did pretty well with the production, and his drop here is better than some of his other ones. *cough*WOW*cough*. The writing here’s fantastic, and couldn’t speak better to the topic they’re trying to tackle. I hope this debuts soon.

Some band (one person?) called Royal & the Serpent comes last, with their (her?) new song Overwhelmed. This song’s pretty weird. I think it’s another mental health awareness song, but I don’t think it was executed as well as OK Not To Be OK or Be Happy. Ohhhhh. Good continuity, Hits 1. Anyways, I don’t love the production here, especially in the verses, but I think her voice is pretty good, and she does pretty well here. The chorus is decent too, so I don’t hate it. It’s weird though.

Best Debut: OK Not To Be OK - Marshmello/Demi Lovato

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Crap:
#16: Tap In - Saweetie
#15: Backyard Boy - Claire Rosinkranz

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#14: Figure It Out - Blu DeTiger
#13: WOW - Zara Larsson

3 - Decent:
#12: Overwhelmed - Royal & the Serpent
#11: Save Myself - Ashe
#10: Black And White - Niall Horan

4 - Good:
#9: OK Not To Be OK - Marshmello/Demi Lovato
#8: Be Happy (Remix) - Dixie D’Amelio/Lil Mosey/blackbear

5 - Great:
#7: my ex’s best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#6: Stunnin’ - Curtis Waters/Harm Franklin
#5: F2020 - Avenue Beat
#4: Wishing Well - Juice WRLD
#3: Monsters - All Time Low/blackbear
#2: Let There Be Love - Ananya Birla
#1: Dynamite - BTS

Overall Score: 56/80 = 70%

I Love You Blurb-y, and If It’s Quite Alright I Need You Blurb-y

We lost four Countdown songs this week, Control, queen of broken hearts, Lose Somebody and Supalonely. I’m happy that Control is gone, since it wasn’t that great. queen of broken hearts is now the second one-weeker of the year, and I’m a little disappointed, but we have enough blackbear here anyways. I have no clue why we had to lose Lose Somebody, and I’m really sad that it’s gone, I wish it had gotten more success. But the song that I’m really happy about is Supalonely! This should’ve left a LONG time ago, and I’m really really really happy that it’s finally gone.

We also lost a couple Hit-Bound songs, Angels & Demons and my future. I never expected Angels & Demons to debut, so I’m not disappointed, and I’m really happy that my future is gone so soon.

Midnight Sky jumped quite a bit this week, and I’m totally fine with that since it’s grown on me.

Mood and Falling both jumped eight spots into the top 20. Super glad that they’re both here, and I hope they both make it to the top 10.

cardigan rebounded this week, so that’s good since I like it now.

Geez, Be Like That is somehow really close to the top 10. I only expected this to last a few weeks.

me & ur ghost dropped out of the top 5. I’m glad, since it really shouldn’t be back.

Come & Go is somehow at #3. I never thought Hits 1 would ever let a Juice WRLD song into the top 5.

Kings & Queens is at #2! Hopefully, it’ll hit #1 soon and dethrone Moral of the Story.

Speaking of MotS, I seriously hope it falls off soon. I’d be fine with any of the #6-#2 being #1.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#1: Dynamite - BTS
#3: Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk
#4: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
#5: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#6: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#7: WHATS POPPIN (Remix) - Jack Harlow/Tory Lanez/DaBaby/Lil Wayne
#8: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior
#9: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo
#10: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#11: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek
#12: I Hope - Gabby Barrett
#13: Ice Cream - BLACKPINK/Selena Gomez
#15: Circles - Post Malone
#16: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa
#18: Adore You - Harry Styles
#19: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello
#21: Tap In - Saweetie
#22: Be Like That - Kane Brown/Swae Lee/Khalid
#23: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa
#24: POPSTAR - DJ Khaled/Drake
#27: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels
#28: The Bones - Maren Morris
#30: Savage (Remix) - Megan Thee Stallion/Beyoncé
#34: Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande
#35: Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey
#36: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee
#37: Midnight Sky - Miley Cyrus
#38: Over Now - Calvin Harris/The Weeknd
#40: Wishing Well - Juice WRLD
#45: cardigan - Taylor Swift
#46: Say So - Doja Cat/Nicki Minaj
#48: Nobody’s Love - Maroon 5
#49: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo
#51: Heather - Conan Gray
#53: Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane
#56: 7 Summers - Morgan Wallen
#58: Bang! - AJR
#61: I Should Probably Go To Bed - Dan + Shay
#68: my ex’s best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#70: ily (i love you baby) - Surf Mesa/Emilee
#71: Breaking Me - Topic/A7S
#75: Kings & Queens - Ava Max
#78: my future - Billie Eilish
#91: Stuck with U - Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber

Top 10 on the Hunger Games Countdown
#10: Old Me - 5 Seconds of Summer
#9: MAMACITA - Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul
#8: 100 Ways - Jackson Wang
#7: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo
#6: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas
#5: Heather - Conan Gray
#4: Mind Is A Prison - Alec Benjamin
#3: Tap In - Saweetie
#2: Oh My God - Alec Benjamin
#1: Know Your Worth - Khalid/Disclosure

Top 10 If the Countdown Made Sense
#10: cardigan - Taylor Swift
#9: Breaking Me - Topic/A7S
#8: Be Like That - Kane Brown/Swae Lee/Khalid
#7: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello
#6: Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane
#5: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth
#4: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
#3: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo
#2: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#1: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all soon.

45 comments:

  1. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Dynamite: 43 spins
    Be Happy: 39 spins
    Monsters: 34 spins
    F2020: 32 spins
    OK Not To Be OK: 26 spins
    Let There Be Love: 19 spins
    Save Myself: 16 spins
    Tap In: 16 spins
    Heartless: 11 spins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without Hit-Bound + Countdown Spins:
      Dynamite: 33 spins
      Be Happy: 29 spins
      F2020: 22 spins
      Monsters: 16 spins
      OK Not To Be OK: 16 spins
      Heartless: 11 spins
      Let There Be Love: 9 spins
      Save Myself: 6 spins
      Tap In: 6 spins

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks. It's a lot more fun to do them especially considering I like a lot of the songs on the Countdown. I don't have as much time though, so there may be a slight dip in quality. Just a warning.

      Delete
  3. Billboard has announced a global Hot 200 chart. Just wondering if you guys think I should stick with the Hot 100 or switch to the Global 200.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hit-Bound Spin Counts (without Hit-Bound + Countdown spins):
    Dynamite: 35 spins
    Be Happy: 31 spins
    F2020: 22 spins
    OK Not To Be OK: 22 spins
    Monsters: 20 spins
    Let There Be Love: 8 spins
    Save Myself: 8 spins
    Tap In: 6 spins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hit-Bound Spin Counts (without Hit-Bound + Countdown spins):
    Dynamite: 35 spins
    Be Happy: 32 spins
    Monsters: 25 spins
    OK Not To Be OK: 24 spins
    F2020: 23 spins
    Save Myself: 19 spins
    Let There Be Love: 8 spins
    Tap In: 7 spins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m not a fan of kpop but Dynamite is a good kpop song.

      Delete
    2. Completely agree. It helps that it's all in english.

      Delete
    3. I'm not a fan of K-Pop but Dynamite is solid. It helps when it's in english rather than korean.

      Delete
    4. Watch the America's got talent semifinals 2 results

      Delete
    5. Just so you guys know, I'm recording AGT, so I always watch it later. So when the winner's announced, try not to announce it here. I'll tell you guys when I've watched it. It should only be a day or so after.

      Delete
    6. And yeah, I know that BTS perform, so don't worry about that.

      Delete
  6. Check out my countdown blog!!!! On side bar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, I changed my pic from a runner to the Best Western in Bastrop, TX.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you all ready for election day where you can vote for Biden or Trump?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish so too. But I'm under 18 so I can't vote. Maybe in 2025 I'll vote.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I just find it hard to vote in another country's election. They tend to not let me. (jk)

      Delete
    3. I'm underaged and I'm Canadian.

      Delete
  9. Hit-Bound Spin Counts (without Hit-Bound + Countdown Spins):
    Dynamite: 36 spins
    Monsters: 32 spins
    Be Happy: 32 spins
    Save Myself: 28 spins
    OK Not To Be OK: 28 spins
    F2020: 24 spins
    Let There Be Love: 12 spins
    Tap In: 7 spins

    ReplyDelete
  10. Guess what, Ava Max is hosting Hitbound. Can't wait for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Omg What's Happening or WLN doesn't debut I will riot

      Delete
    2. But what if there's a better new single? Dun Dun DUNNNN!

      Delete
    3. That’d probably be great too

      Delete
    4. I'm looking at the tracklist for Heaven & Hell, and the one that looks most promising is Take You To Hell. Very excited for that one.

      Delete
    5. My favorite song is honestly OMG What's Happening, Who's Laughing Now, and Sweet But Psycho.

      Delete
  11. Guys, just a warning: I may not be able to get posts out on time anymore. I'm busy with other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chase changed his name Chasetronout Reviewa, don't accept his comments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know. He's already tried to comment way too many times. I almost fell for it the first couple of times though.

      Delete
    2. I wonder how Countdown Reviewa will feel about this lol

      Delete
  13. Does anyone listen to the channel Venus and is it edited

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, sorry. But if you're looking for edited channels, make sure you don't listen to Pandora Now.

      Delete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shit I may have posted the wrong link

    https://wafflescountdownreviews.blogspot.com/2020/09/ashe-4-week-of-september-12-2020.html

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)