Thursday, September 10, 2020

Hot 100 Top 40: Week of September 12, 2020 - BTS (2)

BTS (2)
Welcome to another week of an amazing BTS song at #1. Honestly never thought that sentence would come out of my mouth.

Songs We're Saying Goodbye To
I Love My Country - Florida Georgia Line (#40) [#40] {1 week}
Cool Again - Kane Brown (#39) [#39] {3 weeks}
7 Summers - Morgan Wallen (#38) [#6] {2 weeks}
One Margarita - Luke Bryan (#37) [#19] {12 weeks}
cardigan - Taylor Swift (#36) [1 week at #1] {5 weeks}

Last Week's #1: Dynamite - BTS (1)

#40: Wishing Well - Juice WRLD (-8) [#5] {8 weeks}
#39: Life Is Good - Future/Drake (-4) [#2] {34 weeks}
#38: Over Now - Calvin Harris/The Weeknd (DEBUT) [#38] {1 week}
#37: Midnight Sky - Miley Cyrus (RE-ENTRY) [#14] {2 weeks}
#36: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee (-12) [#23] {21 weeks}
#35: Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey (-6) [#8] {25 weeks}
#34: Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande (RE-ENTRY) [1 week at #1] {13 weeks}
#33: One Of Them Girls - Lee Brice (DEBUT) [#33] {1 week}
#32: Rags2Riches - Rod Wave/ATR Son Son (-4) [#12] {4 weeks}
#31: Got What I Got - Jason Aldean (+2) [#31] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#30: Savage (Remix) - Megan Thee Stallion/Beyoncé (-10) [1 week at #1] {24 weeks}
#29: The Woo - Pop Smoke/50 Cent/Roddy Ricch (-6) [#11] {8 weeks}
#28: The Bones - Maren Morris (-3) [#12] {36 weeks}
#27: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels (+7) [#27] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#26: Lovin' On You - Luke Combs (+4) [#26] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#25: Die From A Broken Heart - Maddie & Tae (-3) [#22] {7 weeks}
#24: POPSTAR - DJ Khaled/Drake (-3) [#3] {7 weeks}
#23: Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa (+4) [#2] {38 weeks}
#22: Be Like That - Kane Brown/Swae Lee/Khalid (+4) [#22] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#21: Tap In - Saweetie (+10) [#21] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#20: Mood Swings - Pop Smoke/Lil Tjay (-2) [#17] {5 weeks}
#19: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello (-) [#2] {8 weeks}
#18: Adore You - Harry Styles (-1) [#6] {38 weeks}
#17: For The Night - Pop Smoke/Lil Baby/DaBaby (-2) [#6] {9 weeks}
#16: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa (-2) [#13] {23 weeks}
#15: Circles - Post Malone (+1) [3 weeks at #1] {53 weeks}
#14: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug (-1) [#9] {13 weeks}
#13: Ice Cream - BLACKPINK/Selena Gomez (DEBUT) [#13] {1 week}
#12: I Hope - Gabby Barrett (-1) [#10] {25 weeks}
#11: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek (-3) [#4] {23 weeks}
#10: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi (-) [#10] {17 weeks}
#9: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo (-) [#7] {10 weeks}
#8: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior (+4) [#8] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#7: WHATS POPPIN (Remix) - Jack Harlow/Tory Lanez/DaBaby/Lil Wayne (-1) [#2] {21 weeks}
#6: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles (+1) [1 week at #1] {14 weeks}
#5: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd (-) [4 weeks at #1] {36 weeks}
#4: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch (-) [7 weeks at #1] {20 weeks}
#3: Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk (-) [#2] {3 weeks}
#2: WAP - Cardi B/Megan Thee Stallion (-) [2 weeks at #1] {4 weeks}
#1: Dynamite - BTS (-) [2nd week at #1] {2 weeks}

Last Year's #1: Truth Hurts - Lizzo [2/7 weeks at #1]

Our first entrant of the week is a song I reviewed last week for my Hits 1 post, Over Now by Calvin Harris and The Weeknd. I still don't like this song. I mean, it's mediocre, but I think the biggest reason that it is mediocre is because it should be fantastic. I mean, Calvin Harris hardly even tried with the production here. It's so boring I literally want to fall asleep every time I listen to it. The Weeknd's vocals definitely aren't doing it for me here, as I think the song was a little too high and slow for him. Super forgettable song for me, huge pass.

Both Midnight Sky and Rain On Me re-entered the Top 40 this week, due to their VMA performances. Although I'm kind of happy that the former is back, and very happy that the latter is back, I can't really picture either of them sticking around for much longer.

Our second debut is actually a good country song by Lee Brice, One Of Them Girls. I sincerely hope that this does well, since I actually really like this song. I'm not sure how, the verses are only decent, but I think Lee just kills it in the chorus. The production, the instrumentation, his vocals. Everything just falls together perfectly to make one heck of a country song. The writing isn't really anything special, it's literally just your typical country song, but everything else more than makes up for it.

Our final debut, coming in at #13, is Ice Cream by BLACKPINK and Selena Gomez. This song has definitely grown on me. The production's still kind of weird, but now I think it actually works pretty well with the song. Everyone here sounds good for the most part, and it's pretty catchy too. The only part that I still really don't like though is the rapping section. That part still stucks. I can't possibly see this staying in the Top 40 for much longer though. 

Best Debut: One Of Them Girls - Lee Brice

Biggest Drop: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee (-12): Good. Finally. This should've left the Hot 100 a long time ago, and I'm super disappointed in America for hanging onto it for this long.

Biggest Jump: Tap In - Saweetie (+10): Great. The only hope I can hold onto is that Billboard will switch to the remix with Post Malone, DaBaby and Jack Harlow, since that version is so much better, and it impacts next week anyways. Fingers crossed.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
#4: The Woo - Pop Smoke/50 Cent/Roddy Ricch
#3: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello
#2: Dynamite - BTS
#1: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: Die From A Broken Heart - Maddie & Tae
#4: Adore You - Harry Styles
#3: Got What I Got - Jason Aldean
#2: Tap In - Saweetie
#1: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee

Top 20 Ranking

0 - Crap:
#20: Adore You - Harry Styles

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#19: WAP - Cardi B/Megan Thee Stallion

3 - Decent:
#18: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa
#17: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#16: For The Night - Pop Smoke/Lil Baby/DaBaby
#15: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi

4 - Good:
#14: Ice Cream - BLACKPINK/Selena Gomez
#13: Mood Swings - Pop Smoke/Lil Tjay

5 - Great:
#12: Circles - Post Malone
#11: Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk
#10: I Hope - Gabby Barrett
#9: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#8: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo
#7: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek
#6: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug
#5: WHATS POPPIN (Remix) - Jack Harlow/Tory Lanez/DaBaby/Lil Wayne
#4: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
#3: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello
#2: Dynamite - BTS

Bonus: Best Song in the Top 40:
#1: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior

Overall Score: 83/100 = 83%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey & I Hope - Gabby Barrett {25 weeks}
#4: Life Is Good - Future/Drake {34 weeks}
#3: The Bones - Maren Morris & Blinding Lights - The Weeknd {36 weeks}
#2: Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa & Adore You - Harry Styles {38 weeks}
#1: Circles - Post Malone {53 weeks}

My Favourite Song Elsewhere: Got It On Me - Pop Smoke (#98)

On the Verge
Cool Again - Kane Brown (RE-ENTRY*)
Be A Light - Thomas Rhett/Reba McEntire/Hillary Scott/Chris Tomlin/Keith Urban
Girls in the Hood - Megan Thee Stallion
Nobody's Love - Maroon 5
Heather - Conan Gray
Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane
Lemonade - Internet Money/Gunna/Don Toliver/NAV (DEBUT)
7 Summers - Morgan Wallen (RE-ENTRY*)
Starting Over - Chris Stapleton (DEBUT)
Bang! - AJR (DEBUT)
Smile - Juice WRLD/The Weeknd
Hawái - Maluma (DEBUT)
I Should Probably Go To Bed - Dan + Shay
I Love My Country - Florida Georgia Line (RE-ENTRY)
More Than My Hometown - Morgan Wallen (DEBUT)

A few country songs came back to On the Verge after leaving the Top 40 this week, Cool Again, 7 Summers and I Love My Country. I expect Cool Again to re-enter next week, and I also expect 7 Summers to re-enter after maybe a bit longer, since it'll start getting radio momentum, but I think I Love My Country is gone for good.

Our first debut this week is by Internet Money, Gunna, Don Toliver and NAV, and it's called Lemonade. This is a pretty good song. The best part here is easily Don Toliver's hook, and I really like the vibrato in his voice. I think NAV gives a pretty good verse, and I don't really love Gunna's verse. Other than that, the production's good. So yeah, this ends up being a good song.

Chris Stapleton debuts with his newest this week, Starting Over. I don't really like this song. I find Chris Stapleton's voice kind of annoying, and overall, the song's pretty boring. It doesn't really go anywhere, and the production's pretty much just a simple guitar line. Pair that with Chris Stapleton's voice, and it makes for a pretty bad song. I could literally fall asleep listening to this. Next.

Wooh! Glad I said next, because next, surprisingly making its On the Verge debut is Bang! by AJR!!! If you've literally read any of my posts, you know that I love this song. I've always loved AJR's over-the-top thing that they do with the production and stuff, and I find it works really well here with the carnival vibe that this has going on. The lyrics are about growing up, and if you listen to it, you can find it really makes sense and is really relatable. Amazing song. Group this with Bang Bang by Jessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj and BANG BANG BANG by BIGBANG, you have a pretty strong trio of songs with similar names.

Colombian singer Maluma brings his newest song, Hawái to the table next. This a ballad, and even if I don't understand any of the words, since I don't know spanish, this is still a really good song, and honestly just pleasant to listen to. Maluma's voice is really good, and paired with the pretty good beat and not that bad production, it makes for a very good song. I hope this is a pretty big song here, because I like it.

More Morgan Wallen is next, because who else, and this one's called More Than My Hometown. Literally just take everything I said about 7 Summers, expect saying it's a little more interesting, and you have yourself a review of this song by me. It's really uninteresting, Morgan's voice isn't good, and the production is uninteresting. Not much else to say here.

Best Debut: Bang! - AJR

On the Verge Ranking

0 - Crap:
#15: Heather - Conan Gray

1 - Bad:
#14: Starting Over - Chris Stapleton

2 - Mediocre:
#13: More Than My Hometown - Morgan Wallen
#12: 7 Summers - Morgan Wallen

3 - Decent:
#11: Nobody's Love - Maroon 5
#10: I Love My Country - Florida Georgia Line

4 - Good:
#9: Smile - Juice WRLD/The Weeknd
#8: Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane
#7: Lemonade - Internet Money/Gunna/Don Toliver/NAV
#6: Girls in the Hood - Megan Thee Stallion

5 - Great:
#5: I Should Probably Go To Bed - Dan + Shay
#4: Cool Again - Kane Brown
#3: Hawái - Maluma
#2: Be A Light - Thomas Rhett/Reba McEntire/Hillary Scott/Chris Tomlin/Keith Urban
#1: Bang! - AJR

Overall Score: 52/75 = 69%

'Cause It's Over Blurbs

The other two songs that left the Top 40 this week were One Margarita and cardigan. I'm totally fine with One Margarita leaving, but sad that cardigan left as soon as I started liking it.

Wishing Well's bottom 5... :(

Kind of sucks to see Blueberry Faygo on its way out, but it'll probably make year-end.

Savage dropped to #30. I seriously thought that this would be a song that stuck around for a long time, but I guess not.

If the World Was Ending keeps jumping, and I have no explanation, since I thought it lost its momentum a while ago.

Mood is in the top 10! That's literally insane, I had no clue this would be such a huge hit when I first heard it.

Alright guys, let's take bets on how long Circles is gonna stick around for. My guess is about one more year. At this point, that's as reasonable as anything.

Blinding Lights is probably gonna become the next Circles, seeing how long it's been in the top 5 for.

The On the Verge songs that we got rid of this week are: my future, Said Sum, Why We Drink, I Called Mama, GREECE and 24. Seriously, I'm fine with all of these songs leaving for good. Also, HAHA my future is gonna make Billie Eilish fade to irrelevance hopefully!

Hot 100 Exits from Past Top 40 Songs
The Box - Roddy Ricch (#48) [11 weeks at #1] {38 weeks}
Hate The Other Side - Juice WRLD/Marshmello/The Kid LAROI/Polo G (#97) [#10] {7 weeks}
exile - Taylor Swift/Bon Iver (#98) [#6] {5 weeks}

Sucks to see all of these songs go, but they all made sense to leave. Really sad to see The Box go, but y'know, it's been here for a while know.

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all soon.

69 comments:

  1. I will be away for the weekend again, so I once again turned off moderation. See you guys on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Comment moderation is off! But the one problem about CM off is Chase coming back. Uh oh....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What the heck please I still like u two and this is why u never hate me wrong again

      Delete
    2. #teamleahisbanned
      #teamnoepg
      #teamwehatetriff
      #teambantrance

      Delete
    3. #teamwaffle
      #teamnomiles
      #teamscottrohrbeck
      #teamnoEPG
      #teamATR
      #teamdylanbender

      Delete
    4. #teamnoleah
      #teamnoepg
      #teamnotriff
      #teamnotrance

      Delete
    5. #teamnochase
      #teamnomiles
      #teamnoepg
      #teamnoleah
      #teamnotrance
      #teamnotriff

      Delete
  4. Exits
    Lose somebody
    Queen of broken hearts
    Control
    Supalonley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Yup, tied with DLIBYH, INLA, PIP, and Good Life.

      Delete
    2. QoBH has a PIP, INLA, Good Life, and DLIBYH situation.

      Delete
    3. QOBH dropped out at #22, Good Life and INLA dropped out at #36, PIP dropped out of #34, and DLIBYH dropped out of #39.

      Delete
  6. And when cm is off I can come back
    Entrants
    Head & Heart (#30)
    7 Summers (#29)
    ily (I love you baby) (#28)
    Ice Cream (#24)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My google account doesn’t work this anymore for some reason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 13Bubby: please let Music think for a moment bc Music has some tough difficulties so please be patient how bout by saying please

      Delete
    2. In before 13Bubby says okay Chase I will

      Delete
    3. Chase. Don't tell 13Bubby what to say to Music.

      Delete
  8. MOTS is number one again... Just F**KING GREAT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Countdown Recap 9/12/2020:

      Out:
      Lose Somebody (#17)
      Control (#19) (idk how)
      Supalonely (#13)
      Queen Of Broken Hearts (#22) (tied with DLIBYH, I'll Never Love Again, Power Is Power, and Good Life as a one-weeker on the countdown)

      In:
      Head And Heart (#30)
      7 Summers (#29)
      ILY (I Love You Baby) (#28)
      Ice Cream (#24)

      Biggest Drop: Heather/Like That (-7) (12-19), (9-16)
      Biggest Jump: Rockstar (+9)

      #1: Moral Of The Story (4th Week At #1)
      #1 Song One You Ago: 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (1st/3 Weeks At #1)

      Delete
    2. Moral Of The Story is #1 again.... You've got to be shitting me.

      Delete
    3. Goodbye, My Future, you will NOT be missed.

      Delete
    4. #teammyfuture
      #teammorslofthestoryisold

      Delete
    5. #teamnochase
      #teamnomoralofthestory
      #banchase
      #banleah
      #troll
      #chaseindisguise
      #ithoughtyoulikedmoralofthestory
      #chasethefuckingliar

      Delete
    6. Also, do you have to correct me Chase? We don't fucking like you. Now fucking leave the blog.

      Delete
    7. I think the best way to get him to shut up is for you to as well. He’ll have nothing to say if you don’t intimidate him.

      Delete
    8. So what? I tell Chase to go away on all my blogs, no one cares.

      Delete
    9. #banwildflower
      #banbeforeyougo
      #banwatermelonsugar
      #teamkings&queens
      #teamcome&go
      #teamsortamoralofthestory
      #bansavagelovelaxedsirenbeat
      #banmonsters
      #teamfallingharrystyles
      #banfallingtrevordaniel
      #banlikethat
      #teamdelmar
      #teamticktock
      #bancursing
      #teamnicepeople

      Delete
    10. Countdown Reviewa this is ur last and final warning if u tell me to go away for the Love of god one last time u will be removed from the blog and Beluga will not be happy. So deal with it and do not tell to go away for the love of god u no u actually are not very nice to me and guess what u need to be nice to me like all the time

      Delete
  9. Bad news guys:


    Roots & the Maytals lead singer officially passed away how sad RIP mr Toot

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. I want ATR and Miles Washcalus and Scott Rohrbeck to come back and Chase to leave.

      Delete
    2. No. You don’t want Miles to come back. Just trust me on this one.

      Delete
    3. Waffle. I do. He likes Scott, another blogger I like. Stop choosing my opinions.

      Delete
    4. No. I’ve had to deal with this guy at his worst many times. You don’t want to either.

      Delete
    5. So I don't want Miles to come back. I want Scott to come back.

      Delete
  11. Easier was the #1 one year ago. and MOTS is #1 this week. Uh oh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 12/24/2011 Throwback Top 20 Review:

    0-Awful
    20. Fool Like Me
    19. Party All Night
    18. Fly
    17. Stand
    16. Tonight is The Night
    15. This City
    14. I'm A Goner
    13. Young Wild And Free

    1-Bad
    12. Bad
    11. You Make Me Feel
    10. Cough Syrup

    2-Mediocre
    9. Fool Like Me
    8. I Like It Like That

    3-Decent
    7. Princess Of China
    6. Red Solo Cup

    4-Good
    5. Sorry For Party Rocking
    4. Super Bass

    5-Great
    3. We Found Love
    2. Party Rock Anthem
    1. Without You

    Overall Score: 36/100 = 36% (Bad)

    What are your opinions on the songs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 0-awful
      20. Crazy in Love
      19. Bulletproof
      18. Need You Now
      17. Love Story
      16. Before He Cheats
      15. Party Rock Anthem
      14. Love You like a Love Song
      13. Don’t Cha

      1-Bad
      12. Poker Face
      11. Just Dance
      10. My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light ‘Em Up)

      2-Mediocre
      9. Right Round
      8. Young Wild & Free

      3-Decent
      7. She’s So Mean
      6. I Like It

      4-Good
      5. What Makes You Beautiful
      4. Dynamite

      5-Great
      3. Whatcha Say
      2. Down

      6-Amazing
      1. Empire State of Mind

      Delete
  13. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Dynamite: 41 spins
    Be Happy: 41 spins
    F2020: 32 spins
    Monsters: 22 spins
    Let There Be Love: 18 spins
    OK Not To Be OK: 18 spins
    Tap In: 16 spins
    Save Myself: 11 spins

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)