Friday, November 27, 2020

Hot 100 Top 40: Week of November 28, 2020 - 24kGoldn/iann dior (5)

24kGoldn/iann dior (5)
With my super-long intro yesterday, there's not much else I have to put here except that you should definitely go check out Waffle's 2020 Hit-Bound Dropouts Rankdown, which you can find the link for here. Here's our list of exits this week!

Songs We're Saying Goodbye To
Diamonds - Sam Smith (#40) [#40] {1 week}
Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello (#38) [#2] {18 weeks}
What That Speed Bout!? - Mike WiLL Made-It/Nicki Minaj/YoungBoy Never Broke Again (#35) [#35] {1 week}
Got What I Got - Jason Aldean (#34) [#16] {12 weeks}
Wonder - Shawn Mendes (#32) [#18] {6 weeks}

Last Week's #1: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior (4)

#40: Forever After All - Luke Combs (-13) [#2] {4 weeks}
#39: Better Together - Luke Combs (-) [#30] {3 weeks}
#38: Happy Anywhere - Blake Shelton/Gwen Stefani (-2) [#36] {2 weeks}
#37: HOLIDAY - Lil Nas X (DEBUT) [0 weeks On the Verge] {1 week}
#36: Pretty Heart - Parker McCollum (+1) [#36] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#35: Love You Like I Used To - Russell Dickerson (-4) [#31] {4 weeks}
#34: ONE BEER - HARDY/Lauren Alaina/Devin Dawson (-1) [#33] {5 weeks}
#33: One Of Them Girls - Lee Brice (-4) [#17] {12 weeks}
#32: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke (-4) [#25] {7 weeks}
#31: Drankin N Smokin - Future/Lil Uzi Vert (DEBUT) [0 weeks On the Verge] {1 week}
#30: WHATS POPPIN (Remix) - Jack Harlow/Tory Lanez/DaBaby/Lil Wayne (-5) [#2] {32 weeks}
#29: All I Want for Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey (RE-ENTRY) [3 weeks at #1] {37 weeks}
#28: Said Sum - Moneybagg Yo (-6) [#17] {8 weeks}
#27: 34+35 - Ariana Grande (+3) [#8] {3 weeks}
#26: Lonely - Justin Bieber/benny blanco (-5) [#14] {5 weeks}
#25: Starting Over - Chris Stapleton (DEBUT) [2 weeks On the Verge] {1 week}
#24: Bang! - AJR (-) [#24] {9 weeks}
#23: ily (i love you baby) - Surf Mesa/Emilee (-) [#23] {8 weeks}
#22: Hawái (Remix) - Maluma/The Weeknd (-10) [#12] {2 weeks}
#21: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles (-3) [1 week at #1] {25 weeks}
#20: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby (+6) [#20] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#19: Be Like That - Kane Brown/Swae Lee/Khalid (+1) [#19] {15 weeks}
#18: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi (-2) [#9] {28 weeks}
#17: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch (-3) [7 weeks at #1] {31 weeks}
#16: WAP - Cardi B/Megan Thee Stallion (-5) [4 weeks at #1] {15 weeks}
#15: More Than My Hometown - Morgan Wallen (+4) [#15] {10 weeks} *new peak*
#14: Dynamite - BTS (+3) [3 weeks at #1] {13 weeks}
#13: Kings & Queens - Ava Max (+2) [#13] {8 weeks} *new peak*
#12: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug (+1) [#9] {24 weeks}
#11: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo (-2) [1 week at #1] {21 weeks}
#10: For The Night - Pop Smoke/Lil Baby/DaBaby (-) [#6] {20 weeks}
#9: Dakiti - Bad Bunny/Jhay Cortez (-1) [#8] {3 weeks}
#8: Lemonade - Internet Money/Gunna/Don Toliver/NAV (-2) [#6] {11 weeks}
#7: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd (-2) [4 weeks at #1] {47 weeks}
#6: Holy - Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper (+1) [#3] {9 weeks}
#5: Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk (-1) [#2] {14 weeks}
#4: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth (-1) [#3] {36 weeks}
#3: positions - Ariana Grande (-1) [1 week at #1] {4 weeks}
#2: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish (DEBUT) [0 weeks On the Verge] {1 week}
#1: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior (-) [5th week at #1] {14 weeks}

Last Year's #1: Circles - Post Malone [1/3 weeks at #1]

Aw, I was hoping that this first song would debut MUCH higher. Instead, HOLIDAY by Lil Nas X debuted at #37 this week. This is a fantastic song and it deserves to be higher. I've already talked about this quite a bit: I love the production here, Lil Nas X sounds great and I love the lyrics. I hope this jumps in the next few weeks.

So Future and Lil Uzi Vert released an album together this week, Pluto x Baby Pluto. So there's only one song here, then three On the Verge. The single is called Drankin N Smokin and this is actually quite good. Both artists deliver a pretty good performance and even though it's pretty forgettable, the production is still good and I like it.

So I guess it's time for the holidays again, as Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas Is You re-entered the Top 40 this week. (By the way, the number of weeks is probably not right. I tried figuring it out, but it took a lot of time, then I screwed up. So you'll probably get a more... um... right number next week.) This is hands-down the most popular Christmas song of all time, as it actually hit #1 around this time last year. I'd say it holds that title for pretty good reason. Mariah Carey sounds good and the song's ridiculously catchy. Good song.

So Chris Stapleton debuts this week with his new song Starting Over. This grew on me a tiny bit. Mostly just because I don't hate his voice and the melody's really well-done. But, I still find this song kind of boring and forgettable. The guitar's kind of bland and there's not too much production. Mediocre song.

So this new Billie Eilish song actually debuted the Hot 100 last week at #96, because it was released on a Thursday, so it got a couple days of tracking. So now, it jumps all the way up to #2 with its first full week of tracking. Anyways, this isn't her worst, but it's still not good by any means. The only reason I say it isn't horrible is because the chorus slaps. But, the verses just bring down this song SO MUCH. She's literally just whispering. She's not even singing. I'm glad that Mood could block this from being #1 though.

Best Debut: HOLIDAY - Lil Nas X

Biggest DROP!!!: Forever After All - Luke Combs (-13): Hunh, I didn't expect this to not do well at all. Whatever, I don't care about it that much.

Biggest Jump: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby (+6): YES this is in the top 20! Hopefully this makes it to the top 10 really soon, because I really want it to be a huge hit.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: positions - Ariana Grande
#4: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby
#3: HOLIDAY - Lil Nas X
#2: Lemonade - Internet Money/Gunna/Don Toliver/NAV
#1: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish
#4: Happy Anywhere - Blake Shelton/Gwen Stefani
#3: ily (i love you baby) - Surf Mesa/Emilee
#2: Said Sum - Moneybagg Yo
#1: More Than My Hometown - Morgan Wallen

Top 20 Ranking

0 - Crap:
#20: More Than My Hometown - Morgan Wallen

1 - Bad:
#19: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish

2 - Mediocre:
#18: WAP - Cardi B/Megan Thee Stallion

3 - Decent:
#17: Be Like That - Kane Brown/Swae Lee/Khalid
#16: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#15: Kings & Queens - Ava Max

4 - Good:
#14: Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk
#13: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth
#12: Dakiti - Bad Bunny/Jhay Cortez
#11: For The Night - Pop Smoke/Lil Baby/DaBaby

5 - Great:
#10: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo
#9: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#8: Holy - Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper
#7: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
#6: Dynamite - BTS
#5: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug
#4: positions - Ariana Grande
#3: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby
#2: Lemonade - Internet Money/Gunna/Don Toliver/NAV
#1: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior

Overall Score: 78/100 = 78%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch {31 weeks}
#4: WHATS POPPIN (Remix) - Jack Harlow/Tory Lanez/DaBaby/Lil Wayne {32 weeks}
#3: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth {36 weeks}
#2: All I Want for Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey {37 weeks}
#1: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd {47 weeks}

Artists with the Most Songs on This Post: DaBaby, Future & Lil Uzi Vert (4)

On the Verge
Big, Big Plans - Chris Lane (#42) [2]
pov - Ariana Grande (#45) [2; 2nd time*]
Stripes Like Burberry - Future/Lil Uzi Vert (#46) [1]
Diamonds - Sam Smith (#48) [1; 2nd time]
That's It - Future/Lil Uzi Vert (#50) [1]
you broke me first - Tate McRae (#51) [8]
I Should Probably Go To Bed - Dan + Shay (#52) [14]
Real Baby Pluto - Future/Lil Uzi Vert (#54) [1]
Ain't Always The Cowboy - Jon Pardi (#55) [2]
Mr. Right Now - 21 Savage/Metro Boomin/Drake (#56) [5; 2nd time*]
Iris - Phoebe Bridgers/Maggie Rogers (#57) [1]
FRANCHISE - Travis Scott/Young Thug/M.I.A. (#58) [4; 2nd time*]
my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear (#59) [6; 2nd time]
Took Her To The O - King Von (#60) [2]
B.S. - Jhené Aiko/H.E.R. (#62) [2; 2nd time]

Our next Future and Lil Uzi Vert song is called Stripes Like Burberry. This is the best song from this album that we got this week. I really like the chorus. The verses are only alright, but the chorus is really good. The production's decent and both artists here sound good. Not much else to say here.

So Diamonds left the Top 40 after only one week at #40. Whatever, I guess.

The next song from Pluto x Baby Pluto is called That's It. Meh. There's literally nothing that sticks out here or is all that interesting. That being said, both Future and Uzi Vert both sound good and the production exits, so this is decent.

The last song from that album is called Real Baby Pluto. This is good. I actually quite like the flow from both artists here. The production's good too. Not much else to say.

So because Joe Biden won the US election, Phoebe Bridgers and Maggie Rogers released a cover of Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls for one day for sale only. Unfortunately, that means that this song isn't on Spotify, so I searched YouTube for as much as I could hear. The original is definitely better. I don't think that Phoebe and Maggie do a bad job with this, I just think the original's much better. The harmonies here could be a lot tighter and a few more takes would've benefited this. Still a good cover though, they both sound quite good.

Best Debut: Stripes Like Burberry - Future/Lil Uzi Vert

On the Verge Ranking

0 - Crap:
NONE!

1 - Bad:
#15: Ain't Always The Cowboy - Jon Pardi

2 - Mediocre:
#14: B.S. - Jhené Aiko/H.E.R.
#13: Big, Big Plans - Chris Lane
#12: Took Her To The O - King Von

3 - Decent:
#11: That's It - Future/Lil Uzi Vert

4 - Good:
#10: Real Baby Pluto - Future/Lil Uzi Vert
#9: Mr. Right Now - 21 Savage/Metro Boomin/Drake
#8: Iris - Phoebe Bridgers/Maggie Rogers
#7: Stripes Like Burberry - Future/21 Savage
#6: I Should Probably Go To Bed - Dan + Shay
#5: FRANCHISE - Travis Scott/Young Thug/M.I.A.
#4: Diamonds - Sam Smith

5 - Great:
#3: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#2: my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#1: pov - Ariana Grande

Overall Score: 53/75 = 71%

Ay, It's a Blurb-iday

Other than Diamonds, we lost Come & Go, What That Speed Bout!?, Got What I Got and Wonder. I'm sad Come & Go didn't do too well, I'm not too surprised that a Nicki Minaj song didn't do well, Got What I Got was never good and I'm sad that Wonder wasn't really a hit.

For On the Verge, we lost Everywhere But On by Matt Stell, Tyler Herro by Jack Harlow and SO DONE by The Kid LAROI. I don't care about Everywhere But On, but I'm really sad that Tyler Herro and SO DONE are gone.

34+35 jumped this week, which I find a little surprising, since I didn't think it would be the type of song that would rebound from an album bomb, even despite being released as a single.

Hawái dropped ten spots this week, which I don't find all too surprising.

Lemonade... dropped? Hunh. How is that even possible?

Mood held at #1 this week, which I honestly didn't expect. Definitely happy though.

Hot 100 Exits from Past Top 40/On the Verge Songs
What That Speed Bout!? - Mike WiLL Made-It/Nicki Minaj/YoungBoy Never Broke Again (#35) [#35] {1 week}
Rags2Riches - Rod Wave/ATR Son Son (#42) [#12] {19 weeks}
Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek (#46) [#4] {24 weeks}
Lovin' On You - Luke Combs (#51) [#23] {20 weeks}
motive - Ariana Grande/Doja Cat (#80) [#32] {2 weeks}
off the table - Ariana Grande/The Weeknd (#95) [#35] {2 weeks}
just like magic - Ariana Grande (#98) [#43] {2 weeks}

Other than the Positions dropouts, I'm sad we lost What That Speed Bout!?, Rags2Riches and Roses, but glad that Lovin' On You is gone.

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all tomorrow, I think.

1 comment:

  1. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Go Crazy: 26 spins
    34+35: 25 spins
    Blueberry Eyes: 21 spins
    Laugh Now Cry Later: 20 spins
    Bummerland: 19 spins
    Overwhelmed: 19 spins
    Haunt You: 19 spins
    FRANCHISE: 14 spins
    Monster: 13 spins

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)