Thursday, June 13, 2019

Week of June 8, 2019 Jonas Brothers (11)

Jonas Brothers (11)
Hi. I didn't write an intro last year, so if you're reading this in 2020 or later, congrats! You found an easter egg!

Songs We're Saying Goodbye To
Shallow - Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper (#45) [#16]
Better - Khalid (#42) [#17]
I've Been Waiting - Lil Peep/Fall Out Boy/ILOVEMAKONNEN (#41) [#19]
Medicine - Jennifer Lopez/French Montana (#36) [#29]
Power is Power - The Weeknd/Travis Scott/SZA (#34) [#34]
Juice - Lizzo (#32) [#22]

Last Week's #1: Sucker - Jonas Brothers (10)

#45: Tequila - Dan + Shay (-2) [#7]
#44: 7 rings - Ariana Grande (-) [#4]
#43: when the party's over - Billie Eilish (-3) [#40]
#42: Wow. - Post Malone (-3) [#22]
#41: So Close - NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts (-11) [#20]
#40: Be Alright - Dean Lewis (-7) [#7]
#39: Close To Me - Ellie Goulding/Diplo (-11) [#7]
#38: Out Of Love - Alessia Cara (-) [#36]
#37: Boy With Luv - BTS/Halsey (-15) [#20]
#36: If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin (DEBUT) [7 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#35: Summer Days - Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump (DEBUT) [3 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#34: Don't Give Up On Me - Andy Grammer (DEBUT) [5 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#33: This Feeling - The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini (-13) [7 weeks at #1]
#32: bury a friend - Billie Eilish (-1) [#24]
#31: FLEXIBLE - Jordan McGraw (+6) [#31] *new peak*
#30: So Am I - Ava Max (DEBUT) [10 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#29: High Hopes - Panic! At The Disco (-12) [8 weeks at #1]
#28: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure (DEBUT) [4 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#27: Love Me Less - MAX/Quinn XCII (+2) [#23]
#26: Chlorine - Twenty One Pilots (+9) [#11]
#25: Let Me Down Slowly - Alec Benjamin (-10) [#4]
#24: Thinkin Bout You - Ciara (+2) [#19]
#23: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi (+4) [#23] *new peak*
#22: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus (+2) [#17]
#21: i'm so tired... - Lauv/Troye Sivan (-9) [#12]
#20: Dancing's Not a Crime - Panic! At The Disco (+5) [#20] *new peak*
#19: Never Really Over - Katy Perry (DEBUT) [1 week in Hit-Bound]
#18: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer (+1) [#18] *new peak*
#17: Walk Me Home - P!nk (-14) [#3]
#16: Happier - Marshmello/Bastille (-3) [2 weeks at #1]
#15: I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber (-5) [#10]
#14: Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith/Normani (+2) [#7]
#13: bad guy - Billie Eilish (+10) [#13] *new peak*
#12: Speechless - Dan + Shay (+9) [#9]
#11: break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored - Ariana Grande (+7) [#11] *new peak*
#10: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco (-5) [3 weeks at #1]
#9: Sweet but Psycho - Ava Max (-1) [#2]
#8: Bad Liar - Imagine Dragons (+3) [#6]
#7: Here With Me - Marshmello/CHVRCHES (-) [#7]
#6: Nightmare - Halsey (+8) [#6] *new peak*
#5: If I Can't Have You - Shawn Mendes (-1) [#4]
#4: Without Me - Halsey (+2) [5 weeks at #1]
#3: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer (+6) [#2]
#2: ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie (-) [#2]
#1: Sucker - Jonas Brothers (-) [11th week at #1]

Last Year's #1: Say Amen (Saturday Night) - Panic! At The Disco [1/4 weeks at #1]


I’m naming these six songs the Super-Awesome Six. Anyways, our first of these six is If We Have Each Other by Alec Benjamin. I like this song. It has a great message and I feel it’s super relatable. Alec doesn’t sound too bad either. Overall, this song is pretty good.

For the second debut, we have Summer Days by Martin Garrix, Macklemore and Patrick Stump. We almost broke the streak of having a Fall Out Boy song on the countdown since The Last Of The Real Ones I believe, by I’ve Been Waiting leaving. Anyways, this song is really good. Martin’s production is spot-on and both Patrick and Macklemore’s verses sound spectacular.

Next, at #34, we have Andy Grammer with Don’t Give Up On Me. Man. This song is great. I don’t know why people don’t like it. Andy sounds great and the song is really beautiful. I’d love to see this hit #1.

Surprisingly enough, we have Sweet but Psycho by Ava Ma- Wait. What’s that? So Am I? Never heard of it. In all seriousness though, after 10 weeks in Hit-Bound, we have the carbon copy of Sweet but Psycho debuting. I already don’t like SBP, so you can guess what my opinion on this one is. NEXT!!!

Khalid and Disclosure debut with the surprise hit, Talk at #28. I actually really like this song. It’s catchy and has a really good beat. I like this song and would like to see it do better than Better. Heh. (I’ll see myself out)

And for the last of the debuts, not surprisingly, is Never Really Over by Katy Perry. This song is okay. It’s not as good as half of the songs on this list, but it’s okay. I mean, it’s pretty good and I’ll be fine with it doing okay here.

Best Debut: Summer Days - Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump


Biggest DROP!!!: Boy With Luv - BTS/Halsey (-15): Well, hopefully this one will be on its way out soon. It looked like it was leaving, but then it jumped back up last week, and well. I hate this song and I want it to leave soon.

Biggest Jump: bad guy - Billie Eilish (+10): No. This should not be happening. Billie Eilish absolutely sucks and I really hope this doesn’t stay too long in the top 20.

My Top 5 Picks:
#5: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus
#4: ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie
#3: I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber
#2: Don't Give Up On Me - Andy Grammer
#1: Summer Days - Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: Boy With Luv - BTS/Halsey
#4: bury a friend - Billie Eilish
#3: when the party's over - Billie Eilish
#2: Nightmare - Halsey
#1: bad guy - Billie Eilish

Ranking of the Top 20
#20: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#19: Nightmare - Halsey
#18: Sweet but Psycho - Ava Max
#17: Without Me - Halsey
#16: Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith/Normani
#15: break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored - Ariana Grande
#14: Happier - Marshmello/Bastille
#13: Speechless - Dan + Shay
#12: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#11: Walk Me Home - P!nk
#10: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco
#9: Never Really Over - Katy Perry
#8: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer
#7: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer
#6: Dancing's Not a Crime - Panic! At The Disco
#5: Bad Liar - Imagine Dragons
#4: If I Can't Have You - Shawn Mendes
#3: Here With Me - Marshmello/CHVRCHES
#2: ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie
#1: I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber

5 Oldest Songs
#5: This Feeling - The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini
#4: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco
#3: Happier - Marshmello/Bastille
#2: Tequila - Dan + Shay
#1: High Hopes - Panic! At The Disco


Hit-Bound
Truth Hurts - Lizzo [1]
One Thought Away - Asher Angel [1]
mama's house - push baby [3]
Make You Mine - PUBLIC [1]
Carry On - Kygo/Rita Ora [6]
Cross Me - Ed Sheeran/Chance the Rapper/PnB Rock [2]
Mother's Daughter - Miley Cyrus [1]
Crazy AF - In Real Life [3]
Find U Again - Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello [1]
Rescue Me - OneRepublic [1]
Call You Mine - The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha [2]
Cool - Jonas Brothers [9]
Hustle - P!nk [6]
Paradise - Bazzi [7]
100 Bad Days - AJR [1]

Also Available For Vote
Don't Call Me Up - Mabel [5]

Why are we doing so much Lizzo? I mean, I could tolerate Juice, but Truth Hurts? Why does this have to exist? It just sucks. When she goes “Siiiiiiiing in single” she sounds horrible. This song does not deserve to become a hit.

Okay, quick question. Why are we getting into these teenage boys who have super boring songs? First we got Alec Benjamin, then AUSTN. (That’s Austin Brown’s new name) and now we’re getting Asher Angel. One Thought Away is not that good and he thinks he can spice it up by putting a big name like Wiz Khalifa in it. Who got edited out. I’m sorry, I just can’t get into this.

Okay. Why are we picking up a song from 2015? I mean, why even bother picking up a song that you missed from 4 years ago? Anyways, this song is pretty good despite it being old. By the way, the song is PUBLIC’s Make You Mine. This song is good, but I’m just baffled at why they picked up this song.

Next we have some more Miley Cyrus. And geez, what’s the name of this song? Mother’s Daughter? I’ve heard this song twice now, and I don’t remember anything about it. I’ll review it when it debuts.

Next we have Find U Again by Mark Ronson and Camila Cabello. This song is pretty good. It’s not as good as Nothing Breaks Like a Heart, but honestly, almost all the songs this week were very forgettable. I’ll review this when it debuts.

OneRepublic is back with Rescue Me and I have to say, this song is near perfection. It’s super catchy, the build-up to the chorus is amazing, and the chorus itself isn’t bad either. This is my new favorite song.

I don’t know why everyone hates AJR. To me, they’re really good. Sober Up is one of my favorite songs of all time. 100 Bad Days is a perfect representation of what I like about AJR. Personally, I like Dear Winter better, but this is fine. I don’t really like the weird voice in the chorus, but that’s okay.

Best Hit-Bound Debut: Rescue Me - OneRepublic

Hit-Bound Ranking
#16: Truth Hurts - Lizzo
#15: One Thought Away - Asher Angel
#14: Carry On - Kygo/Rita Ora
#13: Mother's Daughter - Miley Cyrus
#12: Hustle - P!nk
#11: Cross Me - Ed Sheeran/Chance the Rapper/PnB Rock
#10: Cool - Jonas Brothers
#9: Find U Again - Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello
#8: Make You Mine - PUBLIC
#7: Crazy AF - In Real Life
#6: Paradise - Bazzi
#5: Call You Mine - The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha
#4: Don't Call Me Up - Mabel
#3: 100 Bad Days - AJR
#2: mama's house - push baby
#1: Rescue Me - OneRepublic

Blurbs


We lost one song off of Hit-Bound this week. Kills You Slowly by The Chainsmokers. I mean, I don’t really care. I like Call You Mine better anyways.

We lost 6 songs this week. Shallow, Better, I've Been Waiting, Medicine, Power is Power and Juice. Shallow was good, but old. Better wasn’t too great and I’m glad it’s gone. I’ve Been Waiting was good and I’m sad it flopped. Medicine wasn’t great and didn’t deserve to be a hit. Juice was okay. And we have our shortest tenured song of 2019 with one week on the countdown. I think Power is Power deserved much better than this, but so it goes.

The following songs dropped out of the top 20: This Feeling, High Hopes, Let Me Down Slowly and i’m so tired… This Feeling and High Hopes were old, and stayed in the top 20 for way too long. Let Me Down Slowly was never good, and i’m so tired… has been here for a while, so I don’t really care.

For some reason, Chlorine jumped up 9 spots this week. Yeah, I’m not sure why either.

Dancing’s Not a Crime is now in the top 20. I want this song to do well.

Walk Me Home dropped 14 spots from #3. Was not expecting that.

I Don’t Care doesn’t seem to be doing very well, which is sad.

Okay, why did Speechless jump up to #12? It doesn’t deserve that.

Oh, no. Nightmare is doing well. This is going to be another Without Me situation, isn’t it?

Speaking of Without Me, why the actual heck is it still at #4? This is definitely not the fourth biggest hit in North America. I can think of 44 songs that are bigger than it.

I’m so scared that ME! is gonna drop. The only hope that I’m clinging onto is that Hits 1 stans Brendon Urie, so…

Also, why is Sucker still #1? This is too much.

YouTube 15
Talk - Khalid/Disclosure [5]
On My Way - Alan Walker/Sabrina Carpenter/Farruko [10]
Sad Forever - Lauv [1]
Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus [7]
One Touch - Jax Jones/Jess Glynne [2]
Wow. - Post Malone [9]
Glad He's Gone - Tove Lo [1]
I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber [4]
Higher - DJ Khaled/Nipsey Hussle/John Legend [3]
bad guy - Billie Eilish [3]
Call You Mine - The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha [1]
ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie [6]
Lips Don't Lie - Ally Brooke/A Boogie Wit da Hoodie [2]
Nightmare - Halsey [1]
Never Really Over - Katy Perry [1]

No Longer Trending
Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer [1]
Truth Hurts - Lizzo [2]
Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith/Normani [14]
Rescue Me - OneRepublic [2]
7 rings - Ariana Grande [15]
Cross Me - Ed Sheeran/Chance the Rapper/PnB Rock [1]

My Top 5 YouTube 15 Picks
#5: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus
#4: ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie
#3: I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber
#2: Higher - DJ Khaled/Nipsey Hussle/John Legend
#1: On My Way - Alan Walker/Sabrina Carpenter/Farruko

Top 10 on the Hot 100
#10: Sweet but Psycho - Ava Max
#9: Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith/Normani
#8: Suge - DaBaby
#7: Sunflower - Post Malone/Swae Lee
#6: Wow. - Post Malone
#5: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#4: I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber
#3: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure
#2: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#1: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus

1 comment:

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)