Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Week of June 1, 2019 Jonas Brothers (10)

Jonas Brothers (10)
Hello! Hope you all had a good week! I’m now on Blogspot so it’s easier to access me.

Songs We’re Saying Goodbye To
Ally Brooke - Low Key (#44) [#20]
Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (#42) [#12]

Last Week’s #1: Jonas Brothers - Sucker [9]

#45: Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow (-) [#16]
#44: Ariana Grande - 7 rings (-6) [#4]
#43: Dan + Shay - Tequila (-) [#7]
#42: Khalid - Better (-8) [#17]
#41: Lil Peep/Fall Out Boy/ILOVEMAKONNEN - I’ve Been Waiting (-1) [#19]
#40: Billie Eilish - when the party’s over (+1) [#40]
#39: Post Malone - Wow. (-8) [#22]
#38: Alessia Cara - Out Of Love (-2) [#36]
#37: Jordan McGraw - FLEXIBLE (+2) [#37] *new peak*
#36: Jennifer Lopez/French Montana - Medicine (-7) [#29]
#35: Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (+2) [#11]
#34: The Weeknd/Travis Scott/SZA - Power Is Power (DEBUT) [#34]
#33: Dean Lewis - Be Alright (-3) [#7]
#32: Lizzo - Juice (-10) [#22]
#31: Billie Eilish - bury a friend (+2) [#24]
#30: NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close (-10) [#20]
#29: MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (-6) [#23]
#28: Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me (-11) [#7]
#27: Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (+1) [#26]
#26: Ciara - Thinkin Bout You (-2) [#19]
#25: Panic! At The Disco - Dancing’s Not A Crime (+10) [#25] *new peak*
#24: Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (Remix) (-5) [#17]
#23: Billie Eilish - bad guy (+2) [#23] *new peak*
#22: BTS/Halsey - Boy With Luv (+10) [#20]
#21: Dan + Shay - Speechless (-) [#9]
#20: The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (-8) [7 weeks at #1]
#19: 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (DEBUT) [#19]
#18: Ariana Grande - break up with your girlfriend, i’m bored (+9) [#13]
#17: Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (-1) [8 weeks at #1]
#16: Sam Smith/Normani - Dancing With A Stranger (-1) [#7]
#15: Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (-2) [#4]
#14: Halsey - Nightmare (-) [#14]
#13: Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (+5) [2 weeks at #1]
#12: Lauv/Troye Sivan - i’m so tired… (+14) [#12] *new peak*
#11: Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (-4) [#6]
#10: Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don’t Care (+1) [#10] *new peak*
#9: The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (-5) [#2]
#8: Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (-2) [#2]
#7: Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me (+3) [#7] *new peak*
#6: Halsey - Without Me (-4) [5 weeks at #1]
#5: Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (-) [3 weeks at #1]
#4: Shawn Mendes - If I Can’t Have You (+4) [#4] *new peak*
#3: P!nk - Walk Me Home (+6) [#3] *new peak*
#2: Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME! (+1) [#2] *new peak*
#1: Jonas Brothers - Sucker (-) [10th week at #1]

Last Year’s #1: Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (1st week at #1)

Well, I never thought a collaboration between The Weeknd, SZA and Travis Scott would end up being everything I wanted in a song, but that’s exactly what Power Is Power is. The beat is fantastic and the vocals are amazing and Travis Scott’s part fits really well with the song. It’s overall just really fantastic and my new favorite song.

Coming in at #19, we have Easier by 5 Seconds Of Summer. This song is pretty good, honestly. It’s super catchy and it just sounds really good. I don’t feel like this song shows off their band very well, but at least it’s not Youngblood. (That song sucked)

Best Debut: The Weeknd/Travis Scott/SZA - Power Is Power

Biggest DROP!!!: Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me (-11): Geez. Finally. This one was up in the top 20 for way too long. I mean, the song’s okay, but not that good. I don’t think it deserved that much success and I’m happy it’s finding its way out.

Biggest Jump: Lauv/Troye Sivan - i’m so tired… (+14): Good. I like this song and I was sad to see it drop out of the top 20. I’m very happy it came back and it hit a new peak, so it’s here to stay.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less
#4: Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (Remix)
#3: Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!
#2: Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don’t Care
#1: The Weeknd/Travis Scott/SZA - Power Is Power

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: Ariana Grande - 7 rings
#4: Billie Eilish - bury a friend
#3: Billie Eilish - when the party’s over
#2: Halsey - Nightmare
#1: Billie Eilish - bad guy

Ranking Of The Top 20
#20: Halsey - Nightmare
#19: Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho
#18: Halsey - Without Me
#17: Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly
#16: Sam Smith/Normani - Dancing With A Stranger
#15: Ariana Grande - break up with your girlfriend, i’m bored
#14: The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
#13: Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
#12: Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
#11: Jonas Brothers - Sucker
#10: Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
#9: P!nk - Walk Me Home
#8: 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier
#7: Lauv/Troye Sivan - i’m so tired… 
#6: The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
#5: Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
#4: Shawn Mendes - If I Can’t Have You
#3: Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
#2: Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!
#1: Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don’t Care

5 Oldest Songs
#5: The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
#4: Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
#3: Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
#2: Dan + Shay - Tequila
#1: Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes


Hit-Bound
Khalid - Talk [4]
Katy Perry - Never Really Over [1]
Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other [7]
Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me [1]
Mabel - Don’t Call Me Up [4]
Jonas Brothers - Cool [8]
Ava Max - So Am I [10]
Andy Grammer - Don’t Give Up On Me [5]
The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine [1]
P!nk - Hustle [5]
Bazzi - Paradise [6]
push baby - mama’s house [2]
In Real Life - Crazy AF [2]
Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump - Summer Days [3]
Kygo/Rita Ora - Carry On [5]
The Chainsmokers - Kills You Slowly [5]

Well, we got a ton of new songs from big artists this week but Hits 1 could only pick up three. The ones that they’ll probably pick up next week are: Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello - Find U Again, Miley Cyrus - Mother’s Daughter and Cardi B - Press. (They actually probably won’t pick up that one for a while)

Anyways, the first one that they picked up is by Katy Perry with Never Really Over. I kind of like this song. It seems like a cross between Teenage Dream Katy and PRISM Katy. I find this song kind of boring. I mean, it’s pretty good but there’s just not much appeal to me.

Second, we have more Ed Sheeran. This time with Chance The Rapper and PnB Rock. Cross Me is okay, but I don’t like the general vibe of it. I feel like this song could be much better, but they got lazy and decided to put out a mediocre song.

And our last new song is by The Chainsmokers and Bebe Rexha with Call You Mine. I really like this song. Bebe sounds really good, and it’s nice to not hear Alex Taggart’s voice for a change. This is a good replacement for Kills You Slowly if they decide to drop it.

Best Hit-Bound Debut: The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine

Hit-Bound Ranking
#16: Ava Max - So Am I
#15: Kygo/Rita Ora - Carry On
#14: P!nk - Hustle
#13: The Chainsmokers - Kills You Slowly
#12: Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me
#11: Jonas Brothers - Cool
#10: Mabel - Don’t Call Me Up
#9: Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other
#8: In Real Life - Crazy AF
#7: Katy Perry - Never Really Over
#6: Khalid - Talk
#5: Bazzi - Paradise
#4: The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine
#3: Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump - Summer Days
#2: Andy Grammer - Don’t Give Up On Me
#1: push baby - mama’s house

Blurbing Is Blurbing

I moved the blurbs down here permanently, because it’s strange when I move it down here, so I’m just keeping it here.

Anyways, we lost two Hit-Bound songs this week. Louis Tomlinson - Two Of Us and lovelytheband - maybe, i’m afraid. For Two Of Us, I never really expected it to debut, so whatever. And for maybe, i’m afraid, all I can say is: FINALLY!!! This song spent like 7 months in Hit-Bound and Hits 1 refused to give it up. And so I’m very happy they finally gave it up.

We lost two songs on the countdown too this week. Ally Brooke - Low Key and Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah. Low Key never deserved to be a hit and I’m happy it flopped. As for Last Hurrah, it deserved much better.

7 rings finally seems to be leaving soon. Finally. It was bad and stayed for way too long.

Juice dropped down to #32 this week. I want to say that’s good, but I think Lizzo deserves at least a bit of recognition. I mean, I don’t hate the song.

The following songs dropped out of the top 20: So Close, Close To Me and Old Town Road (Remix). So Close was good, but was never a hit. Close To Me I talked about earlier and Old Town Road deserved better.

However, I did not want Boy With Luv to jump back up to #22. I hate this song.

Who Do You Love dropped out of the top 5 after never hitting #1. Sadly.

Surprisingly, Walk Me Home hit #3. I didn’t expect this at all, but. I’m happy.

And to no one’s surprise, Sucker hit #1 for the tenth week in a row. I mean. That’s gotta be some kind of record, right? If anyone can tell me, that would be great.


YouTube 15
Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don’t Care [3]
5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier [1]
Lizzo - Truth Hurts [2]
Sam Smith/Normani - Dancing With A Stranger [14]
Ally Brooke/A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie - Lips Don’t Lie [1]
Khalid - Talk [4]
Alan Walker/Sabrina Carpenter/Farruko - On My Way [9]
Post Malone - Wow. [8]
OneRepublic - Rescue Me [2]
Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (Remix) [6]
Jax Jones/Jess Glynne - One Touch [1]
Ariana Grande - 7 rings (Are you kidding me?) [15]
DJ Khaled/Nipsey Hussle/John Legend - Higher [2]
Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME! [5]
Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me [1]

No Longer Trending
Jonas Blue/Theresa Rex - What I Like About You [3]
Avicii/Aloe Blacc - SOS [5]
Madison Beer - Dear Society [1]
Juice WRLD - Fast [5]

My Top 5 YouTube 15 Picks
#5: DJ Khaled/Nipsey Hussle/John Legend - Higher
#4: 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier
#3: Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!
#2: Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don’t Care
#1: Alan Walker/Sabrina Carpenter/Farruko - On My Way

The Top 10 On The Billboard Hot 100
#10: Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (-) [#10]
#9: DaBaby - Suge (+5) [#9]
#8: Sam Smith/Normani - Dancing With A Stranger (-) [#7]
#7: Post Malone - Wow. (-1) [#2]
#6: Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (+1) [1 week at #1]
#5: Jonas Brothers - Sucker (-1) [1 week at #1]
#4: Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don’t Care (-2) [#2]
#3: Khalid - Talk (+2) [#3]
#2: Billie Eilish - bad guy (+1) [#2]
#1: Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (Remix) (-) [9th week at #1]

4 comments:

  1. First.

    And I gotta say ME! is getting close to hit #1 and dethrone Sucker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for finally updating the horrible highlighted text for readability.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beluga's first post 😍. Also, Waffle's gonna be mad at you for putting So Am I in orange

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)