Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Week of June 22, 2019 Jonas Brothers (13)

Jonas Brothers (13)

There’s a lot to talk about this week. There were some huge jumps and drops and a record-breaking streak for #1. Let’s do this!

Songs We're Saying Goodbye To
Tequila - Dan + Shay (#45) [#7]
Boy With Luv - BTS/Halsey (#37) [#20]

Last Week's #1: What do you think?

#45: when the party's over - Billie Eilish (-3) [#40]
#44: 7 rings - Ariana Grande (-) [#4]
#43: FLEXIBLE - Jordan McGraw (-) [#31]
#42: Out Of Love - Alessia Cara (-2) [#36]
#41: Chlorine - Twenty One Pilots (-9) [#11]
#40: Wow. - Post Malone (-1) [#22]
#39: Close To Me - Ellie Goulding/Diplo (+2) [#7]
#38: Happier - Marshmello/Bastille (-17) [2 weeks at #1]
#37: Paradise - Bazzi (-4) [#33]
#36: bury a friend - Billie Eilish (-2) [#24]
#35: So Close - NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts (+3) [#20]
#34: High Hopes - Panic! At The Disco (-10) [8 weeks at #1]
#33: With You - Kaskade/Meghan Trainor (DEBUT) [1 week in Hit-Bound]
#32: i'm so tired... - Lauv/Troye Sivan (-4) [#12]
#31: This Feeling - The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini (-) [7 weeks at #1]
#30: Let Me Down Slowly - Alec Benjamin (-) [#4]
#29: break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored - Ariana Grande (-) [#11]
#28: Don't Give Up On Me - Andy Grammer (+8) [#28] *new peak*
#27: Summer Days - Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump (-) [#27]
#26: Walk Me Home - P!nk (-9) [#3]
#25: Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith/Normani (-5) [#7]
#24: Love Me Less - MAX/Quinn XCII (-5) [#19]
#23: bad guy - Billie Eilish (-5) [#13]
#22: If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin (-) [#22]
#21: Bad Liar - Imagine Dragons (-12) [#6]
#20: So Am I - Ava Max (+5) [#20] *new peak*
#19: Speechless - Dan + Shay (-6) [#9]
#18: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure (+5) [#18] *new peak*
#17: Dancing's Not a Crime - Panic! At The Disco (-1) [#16]
#16: Never Really Over - Katy Perry (-2) [#14]
#15: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi (+11) [#15] *new peak*
#14: Thinkin Bout You - Ciara (+21) [#14] *new peak*
#13: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer (-2) [#11]
#12: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus (-) [#12]
#11: Cool - Jonas Brothers (DEBUT) [10 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#10: Without Me - Halsey (-) [5 weeks at #1]
#9: Here With Me - Marshmello/CHVRCHES (-4) [#5]
#8: Sweet but Psycho - Ava Max (-) [#2]
#7: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco (-) [3 weeks at #1]
#6: Nightmare - Halsey (-) [#6]
#5: I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber (+10) [#5] *new peak*
#4: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer (-) [#2]
#3: If I Can't Have You - Shawn Mendes (-) [#3]
#2: ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie (-) [#2]
#1: Sucker - Jonas Brothers (-) [13th week at #1]

Last Year's #1: Say Amen (Saturday Night) - Panic! At The Disco [4/4 weeks at #1]

We got this song 1 week after debuting. With You by Kaskade and Meghan Trainor. I don’t mind this song but I don’t love it. I’m not sure why Hits 1 really likes this because I haven’t heard it anywhere else. I think Meghan Trainor sounds fine, but it’s just not that interesting.

Okay. Hits 1 is stanning the Jonas Brothers too much. Most songs that spend 10 weeks in Hit-Bound don’t debut at #11. But Cool did just that. Unfortunately. Cool just sounds like Sucker but worse.

Best Debut: With You - Kaskade/Meghan Trainor (I guess)

Biggest DROP!!!: Happier - Marshmello/Bastille (-17): Well, this song was getting old. Don’t get me wrong, I still like it, but I just feel like this was long due.

Biggest Jump: Thinkin Bout You - Ciara (+21): Okay. Why? I mean, I don’t care about this song at all, but why?

My Top 5 Picks
#5: Love Me Less - MAX/Quinn XCII
#4: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus
#3: Summer Days - Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump
#2: Don't Give Up On Me - Andy Grammer
#1: I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: 7 rings - Ariana Grande
#4: bury a friend - Billie Eilish
#3: when the party's over - Billie Eilish
#2: Nightmare - Halsey
#1: bad guy - Billie Eilish

Ranking of the Top 20
#20: Nightmare - Halsey
#19: So Am I - Ava Max
#18: Sweet but Psycho - Ava Max
#17: Without Me - Halsey
#16: Thinkin Bout You - Ciara
#15: Speechless - Dan + Shay
#14: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#13: Never Really Over - Katy Perry
#12: Cool - Jonas Brothers
#11: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco
#10: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer
#9: Dancing's Not a Crime - Panic! At The Disco
#8: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure
#7: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#6: Here With Me - Marshmello/CHVRCHES
#5: If I Can't Have You - Shawn Mendes
#4: ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie
#3: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer
#2: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus
#1: I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Without Me - Halsey
#4: This Feeling - The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini
#3: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco
#2: Happier - Marshmello/Bastille
#1: High Hopes - Panic! At The Disco

Hit-Bound
Truth Hurts - Lizzo [3]
100 Bad Days - AJR [3]
Carry On - Kygo/Rita Ora [8]
One Thought Away - Asher Angel [3]
Hustle - P!nk [8]
Mother's Daughter - Miley Cyrus [3]
Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello [1]
Call You Mine - The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha [4]
mama's house - push baby [5]
You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift [2]
Make You Mine - PUBLIC [3]
Cross Me - Ed Sheeran/Chance the Rapper/PnB Rock [4]
Find U Again - Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello [3]
Rescue Me - OneRepublic [3]
Crazy AF - In Real Life [5]

Señorita is going to be the Song of the Summer. I’m calling it. Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello bring the follow-up to I Know What You Did Last Summer, and it is amazing. I’ve heard it twice and it’s been stuck in my head for the past 24 hours. They both sound really great and I love the Latin vibe that’s coming out of this. Overall, this song is fun, catchy and just a really great song.

Hit-Bound Ranking
#15: Truth Hurts - Lizzo
#14: One Thought Away - Asher Angel
#13: Carry On - Kygo/Rita Ora
#12: Hustle - P!nk
#11: Mother's Daughter - Miley Cyrus
#10: Crazy AF - In Real Life
#9: Make You Mine - PUBLIC
#8: Find U Again - Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello
#7: Cross Me - Ed Sheeran/Chance the Rapper/PnB Rock
#6: mama's house - push baby
#5: Call You Mine - The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha
#4: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift
#3: Rescue Me - OneRepublic
#2: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello
#1: 100 Bad Days - AJR

With Blurbs

We lost two songs this week. Tequila and Boy With Luv. I’ve had a wild ride with Tequila. At first I hated it, then I really liked it, but now I feel like a country song should not have the #2 oldest song on the countdown for a really long time. As for Boy With Luv, good riddance.

The following songs dropped out of the top 20: Walk Me Home, Dancing With A Stranger, Love Me Less, bad guy and Bad Liar. For Walk Me Home, I like it and I’m happy with its #3 peak. For Dancing With A Stranger I’m glad it’s out of the top 20. For Love Me Less, I’m a little bit sad that it didn’t do better. For bad guy, I’m very happy it’s out of the top 20 and for Bad Liar, I think it was great and deserved much more success.

The following songs came into the top 20: So Am I, Talk, Someone You Loved, Thinkin Bout You and Cool. For So Am I, it sucks and I hope it doesn’t stay here long. For Talk, I like it now, but I can see myself getting tired of it really soon, so I hope it doesn’t stay long either. For Someone You Loved, I’m glad to see it here and would like it to stay for a while and I’ve already talked about Thinkin Bout You and Cool.

Paradise dropped four spots this week. I didn’t think it would do well.

The #31-#29 range.

I’m glad Don’t Give Up On Me is jumping. It probably won’t last long, but that’s okay.

I’m so happy I Don’t Care made it to #5. The song is really good and I want it to hit #1.

Can ME! hit #1 already? Come on!!! How much will it take?

And Sucker. Again. It should not have lasted this long at #1. I feel like this song was just supposed to be Jonas Brothers hype. Not to be taken like this huge song. And there are so many songs worthy of being at #1. But instead, we’ve only had 4 #1s this whole year. In case you were wondering, they’re This Feeling, Without Me, Hey Look Ma, I Made It and this.

YouTube 15
Talk - Khalid/Disclosure [7]
On My Way - Alan Walker/Sabrina Carpenter/Farruko [12]
It's You - Ali Gatie [1]
bad guy - Billie Eilish [5]
Dream Glow - BTS/Charli XCX [2]
Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith/Normani [16]
You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift [1]
I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber [6]
Mad Love - Mabel [2]
Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus [11]
Must Have Been The Wind - Alec Benjamin [1]
Nightmare - Halsey [3]
Sad Forever - Lauv [3]
ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie [8]
The Git Up - Blanco Brown [1]

No Longer Trending
Higher - DJ Khaled/Nipsey Hussle/John Legend [4]
In My Bed - Sabrina Carpenter [1]
Lips Don't Lie - Ally Brooke/A Boogie Wit da Hoodie [3]
Used To Be - Jonas Brothers [1]

YouTube 15 Ranking
#15: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#14: Nightmare - Halsey
#13: Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith/Normani
#12: It's You - Ali Gatie
#11: Must Have Been The Wind - Alec Benjamin
#10: The Git Up - Blanco Brown
#9: Mad Love - Mabel
#8: Dream Glow - BTS/Charli XCX
#7: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure
#6: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift
#5: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus
#4: On My Way - Alan Walker/Sabrina Carpenter/Farruko
#3: ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie
#2: Sad Forever - Lauv
#1: I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber

Top 10 on the Hot 100
#10: No Guidance - Chris Brown/Drake
#9: Suge - DaBaby
#8: Wow. - Post Malone
#7: Money in the Grave - Drake/Rick Ross
#6: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#5: I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber
#4: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure
#3: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#2: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift
#1: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus

Predictions
Out:
NONE!

In:
NONE!

Biggest DROP!!!: Bad Liar

Biggest Jump: Paradise

#5: Nightmare
#4: If I Can’t Have You
#3: Sucker
#2: I Don’t Care
#1: ME!

Hit-Bound Entrants:
NONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)