Saturday, June 29, 2019

Week of June 29, 2019 Shawn Mendes (1)

Shawn Mendes (1)

Hello! I’m officially out of school, so you will probably be seeing many more album reviews and more new stuff I have in mind. As you can probably tell, we finally got a new #1 this week and I am so happy about it. We got 1 great debut and 2 great Hit-Bound songs too. Also, I have officially been listening to the countdown for a year and have not missed a countdown since. So yay!

Song We're Saying Goodbye To
Out Of Love - Alessia Cara (#42) [#36]

#45: 7 rings - Ariana Grande (-1) [#4]
#44: FLEXIBLE - Jordan McGraw (-1) [#31]
#43: when the party's over - Billie Eilish (+2) [#40]
#42: Paradise - Bazzi (-5) [#33]
#41: Happier - Marshmello/Bastille (-3) [2 weeks at #1]
#40: Close To Me - Ellie Goulding/Diplo (-1) [#7]
#39: Wow. - Post Malone (+1) [#22]
#38: Chlorine - Twenty One Pilots (+3) [#11]
#37: So Close - NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts (-2) [#20]
#36: High Hopes - Panic! At The Disco (-2) [8 weeks at #1]
#35: i'm so tired... - Lauv/Troye Sivan (-3) [#12]
#34: bury a friend - Billie Eilish (+2) [#24]
#33: This Feeling - The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini (-2) [7 weeks at #1]
#32: Don't Give Up On Me - Andy Grammer (-4) [#28]
#31: break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored - Billie Eilish (-2) [#11]
#30: Let Me Down Slowly - Alec Benjamin (-) [#4]
#29: Summer Days - Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump (-2) [#27]
#28: Walk Me Home - P!nk (-2) [#3]
#27: With You - Kaskade/Meghan Trainor (+6) [#27] *new peak*
#26: Speechless - Dan + Shay (-7) [#9]
#25: Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith/Normani (-) [#7]
#24: Bad Liar - Imagine Dragons (-3) [#6]
#23: Thinkin Bout You - Ciara (-9) [#14]
#22: bad guy - Billie Eilish (+1) [#13]
#21: Love Me Less - MAX/Quinn XCII (+3) [#19]
#20: Dancing's Not a Crime - Panic! At The Disco (-3) [#16]
#19: So Am I - Ava Max (+1) [#19] *new peak*
#18: If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin (+4) [#18] *new peak*
#17: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift (DEBUT) [2 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#16: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi (-1) [#15]
#15: Never Really Over - Katy Perry (+1) [#14]
#14: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus (-2) [#12]
#13: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer (-) [#11]
#12: Without Me - Halsey (-2) [5 weeks at #1]
#11: Cool - Jonas Brothers (-) [#11]
#10: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco (-3) [3 weeks at #1]
#9: Here With Me - Marshmello/CHVRCHES (-) [#5]
#8: Sweet but Psycho - Ava Max (-) [#2]
#7: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure (+11) [#7] *new peak*
#6: I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber (-1) [#5]
#5: ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie (-3) [#2]
#4: Sucker - Jonas Brothers (-3) [13 weeks at #1]
#3: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer (+1) [#2]
#2: Nightmare - Halsey (+4) [#2] *new peak*
#1: If I Can't Have You - Shawn Mendes (+2) [1st week at #1] *new peak*

Last Year's #1: Say Amen (Saturday Night) - Panic! At The Disco [4/4 weeks at #1]

Our only debut this week coming in at #17 is Taylor Swift’s second single from her upcoming album, Lover, You Need To Calm Down. I like this song. I don’t think it’s as good as some of her past work, or ME! for that matter. But it’s still pretty good. I feel like people hate on it because it’s not Taylor Swift standards, but comparing it to a good majority of this list, it’s really good.

Biggest DROP!!!: Thinkin Bout You - Ciara (-9): And right after having a surprising jump into the top 20 last week, it drops back down. Again, I don’t care about this song at all. I really couldn’t care less about how it does.

Biggest Jump: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure (+11): I still like this song. I feel like Khalid has a really good voice here (when does he not?) and I’m pretty happy this song is doing really well. It’ll probably hit #1 sooner or later.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer
#4: ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie
#3: Don't Give Up On Me - Andy Grammer
#2: Summer Days - Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump
#1: I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: 7 rings - Ariana Grande
#4: bury a friend - Billie Eilish
#3: when the party's over - Billie Eilish
#2: Nightmare - Halsey
#1: bad guy - Billie Eilish

Top 20 Ranking
#20: Nightmare - Halsey
#19: So Am I - Ava Max
#18: Sweet but Psycho - Ava Max
#17: Without Me - Halsey
#16: Cool - Jonas Brothers
#15: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#14: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco
#13: Never Really Over - Katy Perry
#12: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#11: Here With Me - Marshmello/CHVRCHES
#10: Dancing's Not a Crime - Panic! At The Disco
#9: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer
#8: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure
#7: If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin
#6: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift
#5: If I Can't Have You - Shawn Mendes
#4: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus
#3: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer
#2: ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie
#1: I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Without Me - Halsey
#4: This Feeling - The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini
#3: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco
#2: Happier - Marshmello/Bastille
#1: High Hopes - Panic! At The Disco


Hit-Bound
The Git Up - Blanco Brown [1]
Hustle - P!nk [9]
Crazy AF - In Real Life [6]
Truth Hurts - Lizzo [4]
Trampoline - SHAED [1]
Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello [2]
Call You Mine - The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha [5]
100 Bad Days - AJR [4]
Cross Me - Ed Sheeran/Chance the Rapper/PnB Rock [5]
One Thought Away - Asher Angel [4]
Rescue Me - OneRepublic [4]
Find U Again - Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello [4]
Mother's Daughter - Miley Cyrus [4]
Make You Mine - PUBLIC [4]
Carry On - Kygo/Rita Ora [9]

Also Available For Vote
mama's house - push baby [6]

The Git Up by Blanco Brown. *explodes into laughter* I have no clue why I like these types of songs so much, but this and Old Town Road are just pure perfection to me. I like his voice and I don’t know why, but to me, it’s super catchy and a really good song.

Next is a song that I’ve been listening to and liked for a while now. SHAED’s Trampoline. This song sounds really unique and cool. The vocals are really good and the song is so different from basic pop, that I have to like it. And I do. I know everybody makes that same argument for Billie Eilish, but her vocals suck, so tell me who’s better.

Best Debut: Trampoline - SHAED

Hit-Bound Ranking
#16: Truth Hurts - Lizzo
#15: One Thought Away - Asher Angel
#14: Carry On - Kygo/Rita Ora
#13: Hustle - P!nk
#12: Mother's Daughter - Miley Cyrus
#11: Crazy AF - In Real Life
#10: Make You Mine - PUBLIC
#9: Cross Me - Ed Sheeran/Chance the Rapper/PnB Rock
#8: Find U Again - Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello
#7: mama's house - push baby
#6: Call You Mine - The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha
#5: Rescue Me - OneRepublic
#4: The Git Up - Blanco Brown
#3: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello
#2: 100 Bad Days - AJR
#1: Trampoline - SHAED

You Need To Blurb Down


We lost one song this week. Out Of Love. I liked the song, but it wasn’t gonna do well anyways.

Nothing much happened this week except for one very significant thing. Sucker is no longer #1. FINALLY!!! This was at the top for way too long and I’m so happy to see it go. However, the #1 song is not ME!, which slipped down to #5. Which kind of sucks. I wanted to see that song hit #1. So Nightmare is at #2 now, which makes me really nervous because I really don’t like this song. And, it boots I Don’t Care out of the top 5. But, our new #1 is If I Can’t Have You by Shawn Mendes. I’m very happy for this song and it is definitely one of the best songs from the past few months. I’d like to see it stay there for a while.

YouTube 15
bad guy - Billie Eilish [6]
It's You - Ali Gatie [2]
All the Time - Zara Larsson [1]
Wow. - Post Malone [10]
On A Roll - Ashley O [1]
Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus [12]
Runaway - Sebastian Yatra/Jonas Brothers/Daddy Yankee/Natti Natasha [1]
Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith/Normani [17]
On My Way - Alan Walker/Sabrina Carpenter/Farruko [12]
I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber [7]
MEGATRON - Nicki Minaj [1]
ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie [9]
One Thing Right - Marshmello/Kane Brown [1]
Talk - Khalid/Disclosure [8]
Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello [1]

No Longer Trending
Dream Glow - BTS/Charli XCX [2]
You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift [1]
Mad Love - Mabel [2]
Must Have Been The Wind - Alec Benjamin [1]
Nightmare - Halsey [3]
Sad Forever - Lauv [3]
The Git Up - Blanco Brown [1]

YouTube 15 Ranking
#15: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#14: MEGATRON - Nicki Minaj
#13: Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith/Normani
#12: All the Time - Zara Larsson
#11: On A Roll - Ashley O
#10: One Thing Right - Marshmello/Kane Brown
#9: It's You - Ali Gatie
#8: Runaway - Sebastian Yatra/Jonas Brothers/Daddy Yankee/Natti Natasha
#7: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure
#6: Wow. - Post Malone
#5: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus
#4: ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie
#3: I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber
#2: On My Way - Alan Walker/Sabrina Carpenter/Farruko
#1: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello

Songs That Debuted This Week One Year Ago

Babe - Sugarland/Taylor Swift
Ah, yes. This song. I really liked this song when it debuted, and I still like it to this day. Unfortunately, it didn’t do well here or anywhere for that matter.

James Dean - The Wrecks
This was a good song for a little bit. It was more rock than pop, but I mean, it was fun while it was here. It still holds up well now, and I like it. Unfortunately, it also didn’t do that well.

High Hopes - Panic! At The Disco Year-End Spot: #4
Geez. Happy 1-year anniversary, High Hopes. Well, yeah. I still like this song, but, as you can see, it’s very very old. I still like it when it comes on Hits 1 though.

LET YOU BE RIGHT - Meghan Trainor
I feel like I made it pretty clear I don’t like Meghan Trainor. This song is better than her others, but it’s still not very good. Fortunately, it didn’t do well on the countdown. I mean, it did okay, but not too well.

I Like It - Cardi B
This was a really big song in 2018 and it got very annoying because it got overplayed. However, it’s been a year and I don’t mind it anymore. This is pretty good compared to other rap songs *cough* God’s Plan *cough* and it’s not that bad.

Top 20 on the Hot 100
#20: MEGATRON - Nicki Minaj
#19: Pop Out - Polo G/Lil Tjay
#18: God's Country - Blake Shelton
#17: Without Me - Halsey
#16: Panini - Lil Nas X
#15: Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith/Normani
#14: If I Can't Have You - Shawn Mendes
#13: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift
#12: Sunflower - Post Malone/Swae Lee
#11: Truth Hurts - Lizzo
#10: Wow. - Post Malone
#9: No Guidance - Chris Brown/Drake
#8: Money in the Grave - Drake/Rick Ross
#7: Suge - DaBaby
#6: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#5: I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber
#4: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure
#3: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#2: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello
#1: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus

Predictions
Out:
FLEXIBLE

In:
mama's house

#5: Talk
#4: Sucker
#3: I Don't Care
#2: Nightmare
#1: If I Can't Have You

Hit-Bound Entrants:
N/A

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, my favorite Billie Eilish song, break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)