Saturday, May 29, 2021

Week of May 29, 2021 - Olivia Rodrigo (1) [FULL CHART REVIEW!]

Well, it's about that time again. It's the two-year anniversary of this blog being up! That also means that it just so happens to be the one-year anniversary of the Weekend Countdown being shortened to 30 songs. I've already released my special versions of the Hunger Games Countdown and If the Countdown Made Sense (New Music Friday is on the way) and today we'll be getting a very special version of my Weekend Countdown post! I'll be reviewing all 30 songs on the Countdown this week, as I did last year. (It would be funny if you guys could get this to my second-most viewed post of all time) Registration for the Weekend Countdown Olympics is also open, and there's a twist this year, so I highly suggest you go and sign up as soon as possible. This week's countdown was actually pretty interesting, something we haven't had for a while and I've got tons of new songs to review. So let's jump into it with the exits for this week.

TL;DR: It's my two-year anniversary, so I'll be doing a full chart review. I also did special versions of my other two weekly posts. The 2021 Weekend Countdown Olympics is up and this week's countdown was interesting.

Songs We're Saying Goodbye To
Treat People With Kindness - Harry Styles (#27) [#2] {19 weeks}
Lil Bit - Nelly/Florida Georgia Line (#26) [#26] {4 weeks}
Patience - KSI/YUNGBLUD/Polo G (#24) [#24] {8 weeks}
Overdrive - Conan Gray (#23) [1 week at #1] {13 weeks}
The Eulogy of You and Me - LILHUDDY (#17) [#13] {11 weeks}

Last Week's #1: Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift (2)

#30: 90s Kids - Jax (-) [#30] {2 weeks}
#29: Save Your Tears (Remix) - The Weeknd/Ariana Grande (-) [#2] {28 weeks}
#28: Butter - BTS (DEBUT) [0 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#27: You - Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae (+1) [#24] {6 weeks}
#26: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo (DEBUT) [0 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#25: Leave Before You Love Me - Marshmello/Jonas Brothers (DEBUT) [0 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#24: Build a B**** - Bella Poarch (DEBUT) [2 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#23: Your Power - Billie Eilish (-1) [#22] {4 weeks}
#22: First Time - ILLENIUM/iann dior (RE-ENTRY) [#22] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#21: Wave of You - Surfaces (+4) [#21] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#20: Best Friend - Saweetie/Doja Cat (+1) [#20] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#19: Once In A Lifetime - All Time Low (-4) [#15] {8 weeks}
#18: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon (+2) [#16] {10 weeks}
#17: Shy Away - Twenty One Pilots (+2) [#17] {7 weeks} *new peak*
#16: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf (-) [#12] {12 weeks}
#15: Heat Waves - Glass Animals (-2) [#10] {18 weeks}
#14: Remember That Night? - Sara Kays (-4) [#10] {7 weeks}
#13: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI (-1) [#9] {17 weeks}
#12: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic (+6) [#10] {12 weeks}
#11: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion (-) [#11] {11 weeks}
#10: Kiss Me More - Doja Cat/SZA (-2) [#8] {7 weeks}
#9: Follow You - Imagine Dragons (-) [#9] {5 weeks}
#8: Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift (-7) [2 weeks at #1] {7 weeks}
#7: Till Forever Falls Apart - Ashe/FINNEAS (-3) [#3] {12 weeks}
#6: forget me too - Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey (-1) [#3] {14 weeks}
#5: pov - Ariana Grande (+9) [#5] {9 weeks} *new peak*
#4: Way Less Sad - AJR (+3) [#4] {14 weeks} *new peak*
#3: We're Good - Dua Lipa (-) [2 weeks at #1] {15 weeks}
#2: MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - Lil Nas X (+4) [#2] {8 weeks} *new peak*
#1: deja vu - Olivia Rodrigo (+1) [1st week at #1] {7 weeks} *new peak*

Last Year's #1: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd [6/6 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: A-O-K - Tai Verdes

Let's kick this off with a song that I actually reviewed last week, our current One to Watch artist Jax, with her song 90s Kids, which holds at #30 this week. I'll keep this one short. The song's really fun, even if it's slightly forgettable. There are some weird moments, specifically the "you're killing me Smalls" part and the bridge. But overall, this was a solid choice for the One to Watch and I'm happy that it's here.

Well, I'm really surprised that this song is still here, but the Ariana Grande remix of Save Your Tears by The Weeknd holds this week at #29. I liked this song when it came out, and a year and a couple of months later I still like it almost as much as I did back then. Ariana Grande adds another layer to the song, which kept it fresh for longer than it would've been without the remix. Overall, I'm just really happy that this became as big of a hit as it is, even if In Your Eyes should've been a bigger hit.

Our first debut this week is from BTS, whose new song Butter skips Hit-Bound and lands at #28 this week. This song's a lot of fun. I still like Dynamite more, but this song has similar fun production and all of the guys sound good. This is definitely much better than songs like Fake Love or Boy With Luv and I really like the path they've been taking with their music lately. Now that I know the chorus a little better, I've realized that it's really quite catchy. The verses are also all pretty different from each other, so it keeps the song interesting. This is a really solid song and I'd love to see it become a big hit.

Next, at #27 is You by Regard, Troye Sivan and Tate McRae. This song's faded on me since it debuted. I didn't like it when it debuted, but I like it even less now. The production is super boring and Tate McRae's voice really doesn't work with the song. The drop's annoying and the only redeemable feature of this is Troye Sivan, because he sounds really good here.

Olivia Rodrigo released her debut album, SOUR last Friday and the third single from that album, good 4 u skips Hit-Bound and debuts at #26 this week. I've already talked about this song on New Music Friday, and my opinion hasn't changed at all since. I still think this is a banger. It's easily the best song from SOUR and I really love Olivia's voice with the pop-punk production. If I had one nit-pick, it would be that it's too short and it could've benefited from another thirty seconds or so. I'm really glad that this is #1 on the Hot 100, though, and I'd love to see it become a big hit.

Next is yet another song that I've reviewed on New Music Friday that's skipping Hit-Bound, Leave Before You Love Me by Marshmello and the Jonas Brothers at #25. This song's good. It's nice and chill and all of the JoBros sound good here. Marshmello doesn't have much of a presence here, but it's alright. I expect this to do pretty well here, because Hits 1 pretty much stans the Jonas Brothers.

Our final debut this week comes from Bella Poarch, whose debut song, Build a B**** enters at #24 this week. I don't like this song. It's got a good message, but it's kind of weird and the production feels kind of messy and all over the place. Bella Poarch is a fine singer and she delivers pretty well, but I just can't get over the weird singing in the post-chorus and the weird production. Also, Hits 1 has a weird edit of this. It goes: "This ain't build a [gap] (a [gap]) You don't get to pick and choose, different [gap] and bigger [gap]". It's pretty lazy.

At #23, we have Billie Eilish with her new single from her album Happier Than Ever, Your Power. I still don't really like this one. I've dived a little deeper into the lyrics since I last reviewed it, and I realized that it's actually really well-written, but the production and Billie's voice are just way too boring for me to be invested at all in this song.

Making its return this week at #22, we have ILLENIUM and One to Watch alum iann dior with First Time. I really like this song and I was sad when it dropped out of the Countdown, so needless to say, I'm happy that it's back. I love iann dior's voice here and it works surprisingly well with ILLENIUM's pop-rock/EDM production in this song. The drop is really well-done (as most of ILLENIUM's drops are) and everything about this song just works. I love this one and I hope it sticks around for a bit longer before leaving again.

Surfaces' second Countdown song, Wave of You jumps up four spots to #21 this week. I really didn't expect this one to stay for more than two weeks, so I'm pretty happy that it's doing decently here. I enjoy this song a lot. Whoever's singing here sounds quite good and I really like the production too. It's kind of basic, but I also really enjoy the chorus and I think it's really catchy. Overall, this is just a really solid song and I'm happy that it's here.

Saweetie and Doja Cat are up one to #20 this week with Best Friend. This song's fine. I like the production even if it's a little repetitive. Doja Cat's verse here is great, but I really don't like Saweetie on this song. That is all.

All Time Low's Once In A Lifetime drops back down four spots to #19 this week. I don't really care, as this one's started to fade on me. I realized that All Time Low have a really standard sound and don't tend to stray from it much. The chorus here also just isn't as catchy as Some Kind of Disaster's or Monsters'. It also doesn't have somebody like Demi Lovato or blackbear to make it feel fresh. All that being said, I still like pop-rock, and I like All Time Low's sound, so I still enjoy this.

Somehow, Justin Bieber's Peaches rebounds to #18 this week. I've made it pretty clear that I don't like this song, but I'd like to reinforce that today anyways. This song is easily the worst hit of the year so far. Honestly, it just sounds like Justin Bieber found a catchy hook, but couldn't make up verses for it, so he just sent it to Daniel Caesar and Giveon so that they could do verses, then decided to release anyways because he knew it was gonna be a hit anyways. Honestly, it sounds so improvised. The melodies in the verses are kind of all over the place and it really doesn't sound good. On top of that, the chorus is just so annoying. I cannot stand this song, and I really don't understand how this is a hit. Don't be surprised if this becomes my least favourite song of the year.

Twenty One Pilots' Shy Away has definitely grown on me since its release, so I'm pretty happy that it's up to #17 this week. This song is so fun. The chorus is super catchy and the 80s production works really well with the song and with Tyler Joseph's voice. I love how many layers are added to the production when the chorus kicks in and it just makes for a really enjoyable listen.

Astronaut In The Ocean by Masked Wolf should be much higher than #16. It's so good. The hook is ridiculously catchy and Masked Wolf's flow in the verses is great. I really like the "My rhyme's inclined to break your spine" line for no reason whatsoever. This song's fantastic and deserves more than what it's getting here.

Down two spots to #15 this week, we have a song that's getting kind of old, Heat Waves by Glass Animals. I still don't hate it, but the issues with the song are still there. The guy singing in the chorus is too quiet and the harmonies are pretty distracting in the chorus. Other than that, though, the song's still pretty enjoyable.

Next up is a song that I never expected to hit the top 10 dropping out of the top 10 to #14 this week. Remember That Night? by Sara Kays is pretty good. The writing is easily the highlight in this song, but it's also got a really catchy chorus and some decent production. It's pretty forgettable, which is probably why I have it in blue, but I still really enjoy this song and I'd be totally fine if it stuck around for a bit longer.

Hits 1's actually reversed their decision to switch to the Miley Cyrus version of WITHOUT YOU, as this week, they just played the original version with only The Kid LAROI at #13. I definitely like this version more. Miley Cyrus didn't sound good and I much prefer The Kid LAROI's voice. I know that's kind of an unpopular opinion, but I stand by it. The simple guitar line here is great and if a few lines were adjusted a bit, the writing here would also be great. Overall, I'm really happy this is still here and I'm happy that it's become such a big hit on pop radio.

Okay, I'm getting pretty tired of Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak's Leave The Door Open. It jumps back up six spots to #12 this week, and I'd really like this to leave sooner rather than later. It's fine, I get the appeal for it, but it's not for me and time isn't doing it any favours.

Maroon 5 and Megan Thee Stallion have Beautiful Mistakes holding on at #11 this week. My opinion on this song remains pretty much exactly the same as it did two months ago. I like it pretty much the same amount, which is always a good sign. Both Adam Levine and Megan Thee Stallion sound good here and the production's really fun. Quick side note though, I've heard a different edit of this song on pretty much every station I've heard this song on, which is funny.

Kiss Me More by Doja Cat and SZA has definitely faded on me since its debut. It's still fun, but it's just gotten a little annoying. Both artists still sound good here and the chorus is still catchy, but I'm just slowly losing interest in it.

Imagine Dragons' Follow You holds at #9 once again this week. This definitely isn't my favourite Imagine Dragons song. It's pretty middle of the road and while they're my favourite band, I'm finding it harder and harder to love this one. They've said that this is the most basic song from the upcoming album and the rest of it is very experimental and unique, but they haven't released anything else from it yet, or really talked about it at all, which is really bugging me. All that being said, this is still Imagine Dragons and I still love the song because Dan sounds good and the production's solid.

Our #1 from last week, Mr. Perfectly Fine by Taylor Swift actually drops down to #8 this week. At the start of the Countdown Spyder Harrison did his "But... you already knew that, right?" thing that he does sometime, so I actually thought that it might hang on for another week despite its rapid fall in airplay. But, here we are as it gets the biggest drop this week. This song's fine. It's Taylor Swift, so it's good, but it's definitely one or her least interesting songs and I've been losing interest in it lately. It's still good though, so I'm still glad that it's here.

Okay, I've wanted to address something for a while now, but haven't gotten the opportunity to until now. Hits 1's radio edit or Till Forever Falls Apart by Ashe and FINNEAS (which drops to #7, by the way) says "If life hits the fan". What? That's not even a saying, that makes no sense whatsoever! Anyways, this song's definitely faded on me. It's honestly just pretty uninteresting. I'm not a huge fan of Ashe's music anyways though. I hope this leaves relatively quickly.

Machine Gun Kelly and Halsey's forget me too drops down to #6 this week. I really love this song. Both MGK and Halsey sound really good here and they have surprisingly good chemistry with each other. The song's really catchy and the instrumentation's also great. Not much else to say about this one.

Ariana Grande gets the biggest jump this week, as pov jumps up nine spots to #5! This is easily my favourite single from Positions and I'm really happy to see that it's becoming a hit. It deserves it. Ariana sounds great here, the writing's great and the production is pretty interesting too. That's all I have to say on this one, I hope it can manage to hit #1.

Wooh! AJR have managed to score another top 5 hit after Bang!, as Way Less Sad jumps up three spots to #4 this week! I recently took a dive into all of AJR's discography and I really enjoyed it. This is easily one of my favourites, so I'm super happy that it's this high. I really hope that it can avenge its brother Bang! and hit #1 soon.

Dua Lipa's We're Good holds at #3 this week. It's getting kind of old, so I'd like to see it move out soon, but for now, I'm alright with it being up here. That's it.

Lil Nas X actually scores his first top 5 hit on the Weekend Countdown, as MONTERO jumps all the way up to #2 this week! I honestly thought that this would be our new #1, but I'm totally fine with this being here and I think it has a good shot at #1 in the coming weeks. This song's really fun. Lil Nas X sounds good and the production is really cool.

So, Olivia Rodrigo has a perfect #1 history on the Weekend Countdown (well... good 4 u will have to hit #1, but we'll get to that in a month or two) as deja vu becomes the new #1 this week. I'm fine with this for like, a week or two, but no more than that, because I've never really liked the song and now it's starting to get just a little annoying.

Best Debut: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo

Biggest Drop: Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift (-7)

Biggest Jump: pov - Ariana Grande (+9)

Countdown Ranking

0 - Awful:
#30: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon
#29: Your Power - Billie Eilish
#28: Build a B**** - Bella Poarch

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#27: You - Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae
#26: deja vu - Olivia Rodrigo
#25: Best Friend - Saweetie/Doja Cat
#24: Till Forever Falls Apart - Ashe/FINNEAS

3 - Decent:
#23: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic
#22: Kiss Me More - Doja Cat/SZA
#21: Heat Waves - Glass Animals

4 - Good:
#20: Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift
#19: We're Good - Dua Lipa
#18: Remember That Night? - Sara Kays
#17: Once In A Lifetime - All Time Low
#16: Leave Before You Love Me - Marshmello/Jonas Brothers
#15: 90s Kids - Jax
#14: MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - Lil Nas X

5 - Great:
#13: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI
#12: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion
#11: Wave of You - Surfaces
#10: Save Your Tears (Remix) - The Weeknd/Ariana Grande
#9: pov - Ariana Grande
#8: Butter - BTS
#7: forget me too - Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey
#6: Shy Away - Twenty One Pilots
#5: First Time - ILLENIUM/iann dior
#4: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf
#3: Way Less Sad - AJR
#2: Follow You - Imagine Dragons
#1: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo

Overall Score: 110/150 = 73%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: forget me too - Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey & Way Less Sad - AJR {14 weeks}
#4: We're Good - Dua Lipa {15 weeks}
#3: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI {17 weeks}
#2: Heat Waves - Glass Animals {18 weeks}
#1: Save Your Tears (Remix) - The Weeknd/Ariana Grande {28 weeks}

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: One Day - Lovejoy

My Favourite Song Last Year: In Your Eyes - The Weeknd

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee

Most Missed Countdown Song: Best Song Ever - One Direction

Hit-Bound
Lil Bit - Nelly/Florida Georgia Line [1; 2nd time*]
Heartbreak Anniversary - Giveon [8]
Our Song - Anne-Marie/Niall Horan [1]
Little Bit of Love - Tom Grennan [1]
Calling My Phone - Lil Tjay/6LACK [2; 2nd time]
F***BOY - Dixie [1]
I DID IT - DJ Khaled/Post Malone/DaBaby/Megan Thee Stallion/Lil Baby [2]
Good Without - Mimi Webb [8]
la di die - Nessa Barrett/jxdn [3]
Arcade - Duncan Laurence [1]
Girl From Rio - Anitta/DaBaby [5]
A-O-K - Tai Verdes [1]
telepatía - Kali Uchis [5]
Higher Power - Coldplay [2; 2nd time*]
RAPSTAR - Polo G [5]

*Skipped Hit-Bound, so this is technically its first time around

Phew! Moving onto Hit-Bound now, we have one of our Countdown dropouts, Lil Bit moving back to Hit-Bound this week. I'm glad this isn't on the Countdown anymore and I hope it doesn't re-enter.

Anne-Marie and Niall Horan have collaborated on Our Song this week. I've always liked both of these artists, so I was kind of intrigued as to what this song would sound like, and I'm not disappointed. Both artists sound pretty good here and I really enjoy the production. Overall, this is definitely solid and it might grow on me even more.

Next is a song that's been on SiriusXM The Pulse for a while and it actually competed in our March Madness game that we did back in March, Little Bit of Love by Tom Grennan. I have faith that this can become a hit and I'm really glad that this is here. I really like Tom Grennan's voice and the chorus is super catchy. The production is honestly kind of grand and I think it compliments the song really well. Also, this song is the perfect length. 3:46. Not too long, not ridiculously short.

Dixie D'Amelio (who's shortened her artist name to just Dixie, by the way) returns this week with F***BOY. (Sighs) Yeah, this song's pretty bad. Dixie sounds decent, but the writing is... not good, to say the least. I just want to move on and talk about this again if it manages to debut.

Next is a song that's been circulating around pop radio for a while now, and actually won the EuroVision Song Contest back in 2019. It's Duncan Laurence with his song Arcade. Melodically, this song is really good. Personally, I think the verses are kind of boring and there could've been more production, but the chorus is great and Duncan Laurence sounds really good. I hope this manages to debut.

Our Countdown Extra is next, A-O-K by Tai Verdes. I don't like this song and I can't think of a single reason why, so I'm not entirely sure what to put for my review here. I guess I don't really like his voice and I find the chorus kind of annoying, but I don't know. Whatever, this likely won't debut anyways.

We lost Goosebumps, The Way You Felt, Lean On Me and Serotonin this week. Even though Goosebumps grew on me, it was here for way too long and should've left a while ago. Lean On Me should've been given more of a chance and the other two were pretty forgettable.

Best Debut: Little Bit of Love - Tom Grennan

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Awful:
#15: F***BOY - Dixie

1 - Bad:
#14: A-O-K - Tai Verdes
#13: Lil Bit - Nelly/Florida Georgia Line

2 - Mediocre:
#12: telepatía - Kali Uchis
#11: Heartbreak Anniversary - Giveon

3 - Decent:
#10: Calling My Phone - Lil Tjay/6LACK
#9: la di die - Nessa Barrett/jxdn

4 - Good:
#8: Girl From Rio - Anitta/DaBaby
#7: Arcade - Duncan Laurence
#6: Our Song - Anne-Marie/Niall Horan
#5: Higher Power - Coldplay

5 - Great:
#4: RAPSTAR - Polo G
#3: Little Bit of Love - Tom Grennan
#2: Good Without - Mimi Webb
#1: I DID IT - DJ Khaled/Post Malone/DaBaby/Megan Thee Stallion/Lil Baby

Overall Score: 48/75 = 64%

This Ain't Build a Blurb

Our other Countdown exits this week were: Treat People With Kindness, PatienceOverdrive and The Eulogy of You and Me. With TPWK, we're now 1D-free, which hasn't happened since October 12, 2019. It's been a while, but finally. Patience was alright, but never a hit, so whatever. Overdrive should've had a bit more longevity, but it's okay and TEoYaM was good but forgettable.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#1: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo
#3: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby
#4: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic
#6: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon
#9: Save Your Tears (Remix) - The Weeknd/Ariana Grande
#10: Kiss Me More - Doja Cat/SZA
#11: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf
#15: RAPSTAR - Polo G
#16: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI
#18: MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - Lil Nas X
#21: deja vu - Olivia Rodrigo
#23: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#24: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo
#26: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion
#27: Up - Cardi B
#29: Calling My Phone - Lil Tjay/6LACK
#30: Best Friend - Saweetie/Doja Cat
#32: Heartbreak Anniversary - Giveon
#34: my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#37: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior
#42: Heat Waves - Glass Animals
#44: Track Star - Mooski
#45: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke
#46: We're Good - Dua Lipa
#48: telepatía - Kali Uchis
#51: pov - Ariana Grande
#54: Your Power - Billie Eilish
#58: Build a B**** - Bella Poarch
#64: Lil Bit - Nelly/Florida Georgia Line
#65: Goosebumps (Remix) - Travis Scott/HVME
#74: Hold On - Justin Bieber
#75: Follow You - Imagine Dragons
#79: The Business - Tiësto
#80: Arcade - Duncan Laurence
#85: Way Less Sad - AJR
#95: Higher Power - Coldplay

Top 10 on the Hunger Games Countdown
#10: Best Friend - Saweetie/Doja Cat
#9: positions - Ariana Grande
#8: In The Morning - Jennifer Lopez
#7: la di die - Nessa Barrett/jxdn
#6: You - Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae
#5: Build a B**** - Bella Poarch
#4: Lifestyle - Jason Derulo/Adam Levine
#3: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon
#2: Bummerland - AJR
#1: 2Drunk - Nick Jonas

Top 10 If the Countdown Made Sense
#10: Best Friend - Saweetie/Doja Cat
#9: MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - Lil Nas X
#8: We're Good - Dua Lipa
#7: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion
#6: Kiss Me More - Doja Cat/SZA
#5: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf
#4: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic
#3: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon
#2: pov - Ariana Grande
#1: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all in the next one.

95 comments:

  1. In "I Did It" DaBaby says he "Got good" while he was good from day 1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a minute goosebumps just played
    #teamconfusion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's pulling a Hold On/I'm Not Mad/Only Wanna Be With You/All I Want

      Delete
    2. it also might be pulling a stay next to me/ best friend

      Delete
  3. Yay, someone else likes Arcade! Just wish they chose the FLETCHER remix, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the FLETCHER remix is better, to the point where i'd call it outstanding. I wish they picked up that one.

      Delete
  4. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Hold On: 53 spins
    Higher Power: 31 spins
    telepatía: 27 spins
    Lil Bit: 23 spins
    Goosebumps: 22 spins
    RAPSTAR: 18 spins
    Girl From Rio: 15 spins
    Calling My Phone: 14 spins
    Heartbreak Anniversary: 12 spins
    Our Song: 9 spins
    enough for you: 7 spins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goosebumps is pulling a stay next to me/17/ best friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. The "After Hours" are over, "The Dawn" in coming...

    ReplyDelete
  7. they played the remix of without you
    AHHHHHHHHH

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard Heartbreak Anthem by Galantis, David Guetta, and Little Mix, might be a hit-bound debut???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also heard Fast (Motion) so it's probably not...

      Delete
    2. The only two I heard though... Also heard Butter so hmmmmm?

      Delete
    3. And who can forget Shape Of Donut by DJ Assault...

      Delete
    4. Butter is on the countdown.

      Delete
    5. I know, I was giving proof that it was recently updated

      Delete
    6. This was on Hits 1 Workout Extra Channel

      Delete
    7. It's spelled that reason for some reason.

      Delete
  9. Beluga when will your new music friday post be out? Not trying to push you to get it out just wondering when to expect it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, no worries. I had a lot to do on Friday, so probably today.

      Delete
  10. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Hold On: 54 spins
    Higher Power: 29 spins
    telepatía: 28 spins
    Goosebumps: 22 spins
    Lil Bit: 21 spins
    RAPSTAR: 17 spins
    Girl From Rio: 15 spins
    Calling My Phone: 15 spins
    Heartbreak Anniversary: 13 spins
    enough for you: 10 spins
    Our Song: 9 spins

    ReplyDelete
  11. why are they playing the weekend countdown right now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently it's a holiday in America.

      Delete
  12. good without is the hitbound sound of the week
    YESSSSSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously listened to hits 1 for that :/

      Delete
    2. YAAAAAAASSSSSS GOOD WITHOUT LETS GO

      Delete
  13. New Music Friday post is out!

    https://belugasweekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2021/05/new-music-friday-galantis-tiesto-more.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Hold On: 59 spins
    Higher Power: 30 spins
    telepatía: 26 spins
    Goosebumps: 22 spins
    Lil Bit: 18 spins
    RAPSTAR: 17 spins
    Calling My Phone: 15 spins
    Heartbreak Anniversary: 14 spins
    Girl From Rio: 13 spins
    enough for you: 11 spins
    Our Song: 5 spins
    Arcade: 2 spins
    Saturday: 1 spin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beluga please stop deleting my comments and I like u

    ReplyDelete
  16. Found the covers for FBOY and build a babe

    ReplyDelete
  17. good without got a spin


















    keep scrolling












    YAY

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thought you would like to know that Way Less Sad was #1 on the WW15 tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beluga r u like doing any rank down at least I just wanted to let you know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing the Weekend Countdown Olympics right now if you want to do that.

      Delete
  20. Predictions:

    Out:
    You (#27)

    In:
    Hold On (#23)

    Biggest Jump: Leave Before You Love Me (+16)
    Biggest Drop: Forget Me Too (-19)

    Countdown Extra: Mimi Webb - Good Without

    Hit-Bound Entrants:
    Saturday
    Enough For You
    You (Technically not a re-entry because it debuted straight to the countdown)
    RAPSTAR
    F-BOY
    I DID IT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edit:
      Hit-Bound Exits:
      F-BOY
      I DID IT
      RAPSTAR

      Delete
    2. Edit #2:
      Predictions:

      Out:
      You (#27)

      In:
      Hold On (#23)

      Biggest Jump: Leave Before You Love Me (+16)
      Biggest Drop: Forget Me Too (-19)

      Countdown Extra: Mimi Webb - Good Without

      Hit-Bound Entrants:
      Saturday
      Enough For You
      You (Technically not a re-entry because it debuted straight to the countdown)

      Hit-Bound Exits:
      RAPSTAR
      F-BOY
      I DID IT

      #1 Song: POV (1st Week!!!!!!)

      Delete
  21. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Hold On: 55 spins
    Higher Power: 30 spins
    telepatía: 28 spins
    Lil Bit: 19 spins
    Goosebumps: 18 spins
    Girl From Rio: 14 spins
    Heartbreak Anniversary: 14 spins
    RAPSTAR: 13 spins
    Our Song: 12 spins
    Calling My Phone: 12 spins
    enough for you: 11 spins
    Arcade: 8 spins
    Saturday: 4 spins
    la di die: 2 spins

    ReplyDelete
  22. PLEASE DO NOT DELETE MY COMMENTS AND I LIKE YOU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please stop putting fake information in your comments, then I won't delete them.

      Delete
  23. Predictions:
    Out:
    You
    forget me too

    In:
    F-BOY
    Hold On

    Biggest Jump: Leave Before You Love Me
    Biggest Drop: deja vu

    #1: MONTERO

    HitBound entrants:
    traitor

    HitBound exits:
    NONE

    ReplyDelete
  24. New on Hits 1: Lost Cause: Billie Eilish (HAS A BEAT!)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm pretty sure beluga will put lc in the meh tier

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hitbound debuts:
    miss the rage
    traitor
    lost cause
    heartbreak anthem

    ReplyDelete
  27. There's a new tab on the blog. I highly suggest you check it out, I've been working on it for a couple of months now.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Hold On: 50 spins
    Higher Power: 29 spins
    telepatía: 29 spins
    Lil Bit: 19 spins
    Our Song: 18 spins
    Girl From Rio: 14 spins
    Heartbreak Anniversary: 14 spins
    Arcade: 12 spins
    enough for you: 11 spins
    RAPSTAR: 10 spins
    Calling My Phone: 9 spins
    Goosebumps: 9 spins
    la di die: 8 spins
    Saturday: 7 spins
    Lost Cause: 4 spins
    Good Without: 1 spin

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beluga when will there be more reveals for the 2020 Ultimate Rank?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably this week. I'm finding it hard to hit a good stride with that again, so eventually I'll be doing reveals more often, but it's just gonna be staggered for now and that's just the way it is.

      Delete
  30. Beluga you hit 200,000 pageviews!

    ReplyDelete
  31. New on Hits 1 - willow (90's trend remix) - Taylor Swift

    ReplyDelete
  32. There were 3 things I wanted to be when I grow up. A computer/game designer, an actor, and radio broadcasting like Ryan Seacrest (but now my idol is Spyder Harrison). I am going to college for computer IT, and an actor isn't really a thing I want to do right now, but I have started on trying to get a radio with the songs that I enjoy (which a lot is similar to Hits 1 except some songs I like) so here is the listen link!

    (Sometimes it may be offline but right now its online!) https://s5.radio.co/s726f35827/listen

    ReplyDelete
  33. New on Hits 1: Lil Nas X - Sun Goes Down

    ReplyDelete
  34. New on Hits 1 - By Your Side by Calvin Harris and Tom Grennan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Means Little Bit Of Love will go LOP most likely.

      Delete
    2. LBOL is not gonna go to LOP it is gettingnapins

      Delete
    3. No it's not getting spins. According to Beluga it doesn't have any

      Delete
  35. Recommendations for Hits 1:
    Miss the Rage by Trippie Redd & Playboi Carti
    Yonaguni by Bad Bunny
    Zitti e BUONi by MÅNESKiN
    Late at Night by Roddy Ricch & Mustard
    EVERY CHANCE I GET by DJ Khaled featuring Lil Baby & Lil Durk
    The Voice of the Heroes by Lil Baby & Lil Durk
    seaside_demo by SEB
    Choker by twenty one pilots
    traitor by Olivia Rodrigo
    LET IT GO by DJ Khaled featuring Justin Bieber and 21 Savage
    Cover Me in Sunshine by P!NK & Willow Sage Hart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes:
      Traitor
      No:
      Zitti E Buoni
      Every Chance I Get
      Choker
      Let It Go
      Cover Me In Sunshine

      Delete
    2. I want LET IT GO to it is my recommendation

      Delete
  36. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Hold On: 45 spins
    telepatía: 35 spins
    Higher Power: 28 spins
    Our Song: 21 spins
    Lil Bit: 20 spins
    Arcade: 17 spins
    Girl From Rio: 15 spins
    Good Without: 14 spins
    Heartbreak Anniversary: 13 spins
    enough for you: 13 spins
    la di die: 12 spins
    Saturday: 11 spins
    Lost Cause: 10 spins
    RAPSTAR: 6 spins
    Calling My Phone: 5 spins
    A-O-K: 1 spin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought F-BOY will debut on the countdown

      Delete
    2. If you actually knew facts you would know it hasn't been played in 4 days.

      Delete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)