Saturday, May 1, 2021

Week of May 1, 2021 - Dua Lipa (1)

Yeah, so I know that I forgot to do March Madness this week, but don't worry, I'll get it done next week. You'll also noticed that I tried turning off Comment Moderation. I may have to turn it back on, but we'll see. This week on the Countdown was alright, it wasn't ridiculously active though. Here are the exits.

Songs We're Saying Goodbye To
Too Late - Cash Cash/Wiz Khalifa/Lukas Graham (#27) [#26] {5 weeks}
Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish (#18) [#3] {23 weeks}
you broke me first - Tate McRae (#12) [#4] {30 weeks}

Last Week's #1: Overdrive - Conan Gray (1)

#30: Lil Bit - Nelly/Florida Georgia Line (DEBUT) [0 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#29: Calling My Phone - Lil Tjay/6LACK (-) [#29] {4 weeks}
#28: Wave of You - Surfaces (DEBUT) [2 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#27: You - Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae (+3) [#27] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#26: Remember That Night? - Sara Kays (+2) [#26] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#25: Patience - KSI/YUNGBLUD/Polo G (+1) [#25] {5 weeks}
#24: Once In A Lifetime - All Time Low (-1) [#21] {4 weeks}
#23: I'm not Pretty - JESSIA (-3) [#13] {12 weeks}
#22: Shy Away - Twenty One Pilots (+3) [#22] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#21: willow - Taylor Swift (-19) [4 weeks at #1] {19 weeks}
#20: Kiss Me More - Doja Cat/SZA (+4) [#20] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#19: The Eulogy of You and Me - LILHUDDY (-) [#17] {8 weeks}
#18: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd (-9) [#2] {24 weeks}
#17: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion (-) [#17] {7 weeks}
#16: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon (+6) [#16] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#15: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf (+6) [#15] {8 weeks} *new peak*
#14: Follow You - Imagine Dragons (DEBUT) [4 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#13: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic (-2) [#11] {8 weeks}
#12: Way Less Sad - AJR (-4) [#7] {10 weeks}
#11: pov - Ariana Grande (+3) [#11] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#10: Heat Waves - Glass Animals (+5) [#10] {14 weeks} *new peak*
#9: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI (+4) [#9] {13 weeks} *new peak*
#8: Treat People With Kindness - Harry Styles (-3) [#2] {16 weeks}
#7: MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - Lil Nas X (+9) [#7] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#6: Till Forever Falls Apart - Ashe/FINNEAS (-) [#6] {8 weeks}
#5: deja vu - Olivia Rodrigo (+2) [#5] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#4: Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift (+6) [#4] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#3: forget me too - Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey (-) [#3] {10 weeks}
#2: Overdrive - Conan Gray (-1) [1 week at #1] {10 weeks}
#1: We're Good - Dua Lipa (+3) [1st week at #1] {11 weeks} *new peak*

Last Year's #1: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd [2/6 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: telepatía - Kali Uchis

This week we have yet another song debuting that skipped Hit-Bound entirely and this time it's a song that's been circulating around pop radio for a while now, Lil Bit by Nelly and Florida Georgia Line. This song's not great. It's really catchy, but the production is way too minimalistic and the FGL guys don't sound good. I feel like the production could evolve so much more and while I'm not disappointed that it doesn't sound too much like a country song, it's too simple. Nelly sounds decent here, but I've never liked the voices of the FGL guys and here it's definitely no exception.

Next up is the song that was our Countdown Extra a couple weeks ago, Wave of You by Surfaces debuting at #28. I really like this song. It's super chill and I really like the guy's voice here. I think he sounds better here than he did in Sunday Best and his voice works really well with the song. The chorus is really catchy and I really like the production mixing with it. My favourite part definitely has to be the guitar solo in the bridge, though. Overall, this is a great song and I hope it starts gaining traction elsewhere.

Imagine Dragons debut at a very high #14 this week, with their new single Follow You. Imagine Dragons have always been my favourite artists and this song does absolutely nothing to change that. It stays pretty true to their normal sound, which is fine. Dan Reynolds sounds good here and the production's also pretty great. It's super catchy and I really hope it becomes a hit.

Best Debut: Follow You - Imagine Dragons

Biggest Drop: willow - Taylor Swift (-19): I expected this to fade pretty quickly, but this is really fast. It's gotten kind of old, so I'm not too sad that it'll leave soon, but it's still good.

Biggest Jump: MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - Lil Nas X (+9): This is now Lil Nas X's second top 10 hit and I'm really glad because this song's definitely grown on me. I hope this sticks around for a while.

Countdown Ranking

0 - Awful:
#30: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon

1 - Bad:
#29: Lil Bit - Nelly/Florida Georgia Line

2 - Mediocre:
#28: deja vu - Olivia Rodrigo
#27: You - Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae

3 - Decent:
#26: Till Forever Falls Apart - Ashe/FINNEAS
#25: Calling My Phone - Lil Tjay/6LACK
#24: Kiss Me More - Doja Cat/SZA
#23: Patience - KSI/YUNGBLUD/Polo G
#22: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic
#21: Heat Waves - Glass Animals

4 - Good:
#20: willow - Taylor Swift
#19: Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift
#18: We're Good - Dua Lipa
#17: Treat People With Kindness - Harry Styles
#16: I'm not Pretty - JESSIA
#15: Remember That Night? - Sara Kays
#14: Shy Away - Twenty One Pilots
#13: MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - Lil Nas X
#12: The Eulogy of You and Me - LILHUDDY

5 - Great:
#11: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI
#10: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd
#9: Once In A Lifetime - All Time Low
#8: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion
#7: Wave of You - Surfaces
#6: pov - Ariana Grande
#5: forget me too - Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey
#4: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf
#3: Way Less Sad - AJR
#2: Overdrive - Conan Gray
#1: Follow You - Imagine Dragons

Overall Score: 114/150 = 76%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI {13 weeks}
#4: Heat Waves - Glass Animals {14 weeks}
#3: Treat People With Kindness - Harry Styles {16 weeks}
#2: willow - Taylor Swift {19 weeks}
#1: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd {24 weeks}

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Drunk (And I Don't Wanna Go Home) - Elle King/Miranda Lambert

My Favourite Song Last Year: Modern Loneliness - Lauv

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: Adore You - Harry Styles

Most Missed Countdown Song: Wolves - Selena Gomez/Marshmello

Hit-Bound
RAPSTAR - Polo G [1]
STOP - AJ Mitchell [3]
On The Ground - ROSÉ [2]
Serotonin - girl in red [2]
Track Star - Mooski [4]
Too Late - Cash Cash/Wiz Khalifa/Lukas Graham [1; 2nd time]
Good Without - Mimi Webb [4]
The Business - Tiësto [10]
First Time - ILLENIUM/iann dior [2; 2nd time]
In the Water - CAL/Quinn XCII [2]
Goosebumps (Remix) - Travis Scott/HVME [12]
Girl From Rio - Anitta [1]
Met Him Last Night - Demi Lovato/Ariana Grande [4]
Heartbreak Anniversary - Giveon [4]
telepatía - Kali Uchis [1]

Haha, we've had songs called ROCKSTAR, POPSTAR and now RAPSTAR. I've never been too familiar with Polo G's music, so I wasn't sure what to expect from a solo song from him, but I'm pleasantly surprised. This song's really good. Polo G sounds great here and I really like the hook and his flow here. The guitar line is good, although it gets kind of repetitive. Anyways, I'm glad that this has been #1 on the Hot 100 for the past couple of weeks and I'm surprised and happy that it's here.

One of our Countdown exits this week re-entered Hit-Bound. Too Late came back this week. I never expected it to have too much longevity, so I'm not too surprised, but I'm kind of disappointed.

Anitta now has her first song on Hits 1 with her new song, Girl From Rio. This song's alright. The summer vibe is pretty prominent here and I enjoy it. Anitta sounds good and the chorus is pretty catchy. The only problem I have with this is that it's pretty forgettable.

Next up is another song that's been becoming a hit lately, telepatía by Kali Uchis. I don't love this song. Kali Uchis sounds alright, but I'm not too in love with the production and the song's kind of boring. Not much else to say about this.

How is Goosebumps still here? I mean, either debut or leave. Make up your mind already.

We have a couple more Hit-Bound exits to add to our growing list. Obsessed and Up both dropped out of Hit-Bound this week. I never liked Obsessed, so I'm really happy that it was never really given a chance here. But Up? Seriously? I appreciate how Hits 1 has been adding more rap songs to their playlist, but it's extremely 50/50 on whether they debut or not. This song's becoming a pretty big hit and it makes me really sad that it didn't debut.

Best Debut: RAPSTAR - Polo G

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Awful:
#15: The Business - Tiësto

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#14: telepatía - Kali Uchis
#13: Met Him Last Night - Demi Lovato/Ariana Grande
#12: Heartbreak Anniversary - Giveon
#11: Serotonin - girl in red

3 - Decent:
#10: Track Star - Mooski
#9: Girl From Rio - Anitta
#8: Goosebumps (Remix) - Travis Scott/HVME

4 - Good:
#7: In the Water - CAL/Quinn XCII
#6: STOP - AJ Mitchell

5 - Great:
#5: On The Ground - ROSÉ
#4: RAPSTAR - Polo G
#3: Too Late - Cash Cash/Wiz Khalifa/Lukas Graham
#2: First Time - ILLENIUM/iann dior
#1: Good Without - Mimi Webb

Overall Score: 50/75 = 67%

I Think I'm Caught Up In the Wave of Blurbs

Our other exits this week were Therefore I Am and you broke me first. I'm glad to see both of these go. Therefore I Am was never good, so I'm very glad that it's gone. As for you broke me first, it just stayed for much longer than was good for it.

Calling My Phone is doing absolutely nothing and it's really funny. I was surprised that it debuted in the first place and I really don't expect it to stay for much longer.

I'm honestly surprised that I'm not Pretty is still here, because Ones to Watch don't normally last for 12+ weeks.

Yeah, Shy Away grew on me a bit. It's honestly just really fun and I like the vibe.

I'm sad that Save Your Tears is dropping and I hoped that it would get a little bit of a boost from the Ariana Grande remix, but alas, they didn't even switch it to that.

Speaking of remixes, they've also started playing a remix of WITHOUT YOU with Miley Cyrus. It's much worse than the original, so I'm glad that they didn't switch it for this week's Countdown.

Ugh, Peaches? Why is this becoming a hit? It's #1 on If the Countdown Made Sense, which doesn't really make sense, but that's more Hits 1's fault.

But, Astronaut In The Ocean also got a six-spot boost into the top half of the Countdown, so I'm very happy about that. I really want this to stick around for a bit and keep jumping.

Aw, Way Less Sad dropped out of the top 10. I hope this comes back soon.

Heat Waves is in the top 10, though. I never expected this to become as big of a hit as it is, but I'm definitely not disappointed.

deja vu's already in the top 5 on its third week. I don't love this song, but I'm happy that Olivia Rodrigo's getting a lot of success.

Mr. Perfectly Fine is also in the top 5 at #4. This doesn't make much sense and I'm not too sure I'm completely on board with this being at #4.

Overdrive dropped off of the #1 spot, which sucks, since that song's fantastic, although I'm alright with what replaced it, as Dua Lipa now gets her second #1 with We're Good. My only question is why could this hit #1 and not Don't Start Now or Break My Heart?

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#1: RAPSTAR - Polo G
#2: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic
#3: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon
#4: MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - Lil Nas X
#5: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby
#6: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd
#7: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf
#8: Kiss Me More - Doja Cat/SZA
#9: Up - Cardi B
#10: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo
#11: deja vu - Olivia Rodrigo
#13: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#15: Best Friend - Saweetie/Doja Cat
#16: Calling My Phone - Lil Tjay/6LACK
#17: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke
#19: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior
#20: Heartbreak Anniversary - Giveon
#22: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion
#24: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug
#25: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#26: 34+35 - Ariana Grande
#27: my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#30: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish
#31: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI
#33: positions - Ariana Grande
#37: Track Star - Mooski
#38: We're Good - Dua Lipa
#39: Heat Waves - Glass Animals
#44: Good Days - SZA
#47: Goosebumps (Remix) - Travis Scott/HVME
#54: telepatía - Kali Uchis
#56: Hold On - Justin Bieber
#60: willow - Taylor Swift
#68: Anyone - Justin Bieber
#75: My Head & My Heart - Ava Max
#78: The Business - Tiësto
#81: pov - Ariana Grande
#84: Follow You - Imagine Dragons
#89: Lil Bit - Nelly/Florida Georgia Line
#90: Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift
#98: Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear

Top 10 on the Hunger Games Countdown
#10: You - Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae
#9: Good Days - SZA
#8: Oh My God - Alec Benjamin
#7: Kiss Me More - Doja Cat/SZA
#6: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf
#5: Prisoner - Miley Cyrus/Dua Lipa
#4: Haunt You - X Lovers/chloe moriondo
#3: Sucks Being Sober - Annika Wells
#2: Lifestyle - Jason Derulo/Adam Levine
#1: Once In A Lifetime - All Time Low

Top 10 If the Countdown Made Sense
#10: Heat Waves - Glass Animals
#9: deja vu - Olivia Rodrigo
#8: pov - Ariana Grande
#7: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf
#6: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion
#5: We're Good - Dua Lipa
#4: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic
#3: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd
#2: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI
#1: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all in the next one.

46 comments:

  1. HOW AM I FIRST WITHOUT COMMENT MODERATION????

    ReplyDelete
  2. The answer to your question about how We're Good got #1 and not Don't Start Now: Conan Gray is not Harry Styles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    The Business: 29 spins
    Best Friend: 29 spins
    Hold On: 28 spins
    Too Late: 24 spins
    First Time: 24 spins
    Your Power: 19 spins
    Goosebumps: 18 spins
    Met Him Last Night: 16 spins
    Heartbreak Anniversary: 9 spins
    RAPSTAR: 8 spins
    Girl From Rio: 7 spins

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need more people for the Super Summer Bash on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. new on hits 1: the way you felt- alec benjamin
    bad news for beluga lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Hold On: 32 spins
    Best Friend: 30 spins
    The Business: 28 spins
    Too Late: 25 spins
    First Time: 24 spins
    Your Power: 24 spins
    Goosebumps: 18 spins
    Met Him Last Night: 17 spins
    Heartbreak Anniversary: 11 spins
    RAPSTAR: 10 spins
    Girl From Rio: 9 spins

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thought I'd make the blog a bit brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please do not turn on Comment Moderation next time and thanks because I am very happy I am back to social

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just... don't spam and talk too much

      Delete
    2. The minute he turns it back off you start commenting a whole bunch again. Sus

      Delete
    3. #teamwaffle
      #teamfeathfefyingdemon

      Delete
  9. The HitBound Sound of the Week is.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Voting for the final round of March Madness is officially open!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am interested in DeathDefyingDemon and Waffle they are cute friends

    ReplyDelete
  12. New on Hits 1:
    I'm Not Pretty - Jessica x Bebe Rexha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Hold On: 36 spins
    The Business: 30 spins
    Your Power: 30 spins
    Best Friend: 29 spins
    Too Late: 27 spins
    First Time: 26 spins
    Goosebumps: 18 spins
    Met Him Last Night: 17 spins
    RAPSTAR: 12 spins
    Girl From Rio: 10 spins

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun fact: It's actually been 10 years (exactly a decade) ago ever since Hits 1 was moved to channel 2 for most Sirius XM stations. I was almost 12 years old at the time when this happened, now I'm 22 coming up in three more days. I can't believe how far time has gone by for this to actually happen.

    I just wish I could've gone back in time and see this sudden change and of course, get to know a lot more of these artists a lot more in general since most of these songs that were played on here were also on other radio stations as well, which I listened to back in the day.

    2011 was the same year I started listening to Hits 1 and even former blogger CountdownRecap was the first person to begin making posts for the Weekend Countdown with the exception of the entire Hit-Bound airings in between the show. He did do the Lights Over Paris Award back then before more Hits 1 bloggers showed up into the community. He stopped in late 2013 as Adrian Carrazco took over for his duties for nearly 6 years and stopped in August 2019 and made a farewell statement three months later in November of that year. Both users will definitely be missed even if they had successful runs throughout the past decade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, here's to a great 10 more years over here and with whoever else decides to take up the torch if I have to stop.

      Delete
  15. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Your Power: 41 spins
    Hold On: 36 spins
    The Business: 30 spins
    Best Friend: 27 spins
    First Time: 25 spins
    Too Late: 22 spins
    Goosebumps: 19 spins
    Met Him Last Night: 15 spins
    Heartbreak Anniversary: 12 spins
    RAPSTAR: 11 spins
    Girl From Rio: 11 spins

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Your Power: 55 spins
    Hold On: 35 spins
    The Business: 29 spins
    Best Friend: 27 spins
    First Time: 25 spins
    Goosebumps: 20 spins
    Too Late: 18 spins
    Met Him Last Night: 14 spins
    Heartbreak Anniversary: 12 spins
    RAPSTAR: 12 spins
    Girl From Rio: 11 spins

    ReplyDelete
  17. New on Hits 1: Coldplay - Higher Power

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Your Power: 63 spins
    Hold On: 34 spins
    The Business: 28 spins
    Best Friend: 26 spins
    First Time: 24 spins
    Goosebumps: 19 spins
    Too Late: 15 spins
    Heartbreak Anniversary: 14 spins
    RAPSTAR: 14 spins
    Girl From Rio: 10 spins
    Higher Power: 3 spins

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)