Saturday, April 3, 2021

Week of April 3, 2021 - Taylor Swift (2)

It was a relatively boring week this week, which is to be expected after literally the most movement we've ever had since the top 30 switch. Anyways, here are our two exits for this week.

Songs We're Saying Goodbye To
Fly Away - Tones And I (#27) [#22] {8 weeks}
Golden - Harry Styles (#21) [4 weeks at #1] {22 weeks}

Last Week's #1: willow - Taylor Swift (1)

#30: Patience - KSI/YUNGBLUD/Polo G (DEBUT) [1 week in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#29: Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear (-5) [4 weeks at #1] {29 weeks}
#28: Too Late - Cash Cash/Wiz Khalifa/Lukas Graham (+2) [#28] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#27: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby (-9) [3 weeks at #1] {25 weeks}
#26: First Time - ILLENIUM/iann dior (+2) [#26] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#25: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon (-2) [#23] {2 weeks}
#24: The Eulogy of You and Me - LILHUDDY (+2) [#24] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#23: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke (+2) [#17] {24 weeks}
#22: my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear (-12) [#2] {27 weeks}
#21: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf (+8) [#21] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#20: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion (-1) [#19] {3 weeks}
#19: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI (+1) [#18] {9 weeks}
#18: pov - Ariana Grande (DEBUT) [1 week in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#17: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic (-1) [#16] {4 weeks}
#16: Heat Waves - Glass Animals (-1) [#15] {10 weeks}
#15: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney (+7) [#15] {21 weeks}
#14: Way Less Sad - AJR (-1) [#13] {6 weeks}
#13: I'm not Pretty - JESSIA (+1) [#13] {8 weeks} *new peak*
#12: Till Forever Falls Apart - Ashe/FINNEAS (-3) [#9] {4 weeks}
#11: Anyone - Justin Bieber (-) [#11] {12 weeks}
#10: My Head & My Heart - Ava Max (+2) [#8] {10 weeks}
#9: forget me too - Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey (+8) [#9] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#8: Overdrive - Conan Gray (-) [#8] {6 weeks}
#7: We're Good - Dua Lipa (-) [#7] {7 weeks}
#6: Treat People With Kindness - Harry Styles (-) [#6] {12 weeks}
#5: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish (-) [#3] {20 weeks}
#4: you broke me first - Tate McRae (-) [#4] {27 weeks}
#3: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd (-1) [#2] {20 weeks}
#2: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo (+1) [4 weeks at #1] {12 weeks}
#1: willow - Taylor Swift (-) [2nd week at #1] {15 weeks}

Last Year's #1: Adore You - Harry Styles [8/10 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: Once In A Lifetime - All Time Low

I wouldn't be surprised if KSI was named the next One to Watch in a couple of weeks, as his new song, Patience with YUNGBLUD and Polo G debuts this week after only one week in Hit-Bound. I already talked about this last week, so I won't talk about this for too long. KSI doesn't have much of a presence here, YUNGBLUD sounds fine and so does Polo G. The production's pretty good and I like the melody here.

Debuting a lot quicker and a lot higher than 34+35 did, Ariana Grande's pov makes its debut this week at #18. I'm really happy that Hits 1 didn't keep this on Hit-Bound for too long, as it definitely deserves to be here. I really love this song. Again, I talked about this last week, so all I'm gonna say is that Ariana sounds great and the writing's fantastic. I'd love to see this become a big hit.

Best Debut: pov - Ariana Grande

Biggest DROP!!!: my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear (-12): I guess this song's gonna be on its way out soon, which I'm totally fine with, because it's faded on me a bit. I expect that I'll like it as much as I did before later once the effects of overplay have worn off, though.

Biggest Jump: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf & forget me too - Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey (+8): YESSSSS! Both of these songs are fantastic, especially the former, so I'm really glad that they're becoming hits here.

Countdown Ranking

0 - Crap:
#30: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon

1 - Bad:
#29: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish

2 - Mediocre:
#28: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney

3 - Decent:
#27: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#26: Till Forever Falls Apart - Ashe/FINNEAS
#25: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic
#24: Patience - KSI/YUNGBLUD/Polo G
#23: Heat Waves - Glass Animals

4 - Good:
#22: We're Good - Dua Lipa
#21: Treat People With Kindness - Harry Styles
#20: willow - Taylor Swift
#19: I'm not Pretty - JESSIA
#18: The Eulogy of You and Me - LILHUDDY
#17: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke

5 - Great:
#16: my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#15: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby
#14: Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear
#13: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd
#12: Anyone - Justin Bieber
#11: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo
#10: First Time - ILLENIUM/iann dior
#9: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion
#8: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI
#7: forget me too - Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey
#6: Too Late - Cash Cash/Wiz Khalifa/Lukas Graham
#5: My Head & My Heart - Ava Max
#4: Overdrive - Conan Gray
#3: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf
#2: pov - Ariana Grande
#1: Way Less Sad - AJR

Overall Score: 122/150 = 81%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney {21 weeks}
#4: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke {24 weeks}
#3: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby {25 weeks}
#2: my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear & you broke me first - Tate McRae {27 weeks}
#1: Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear {29 weeks}

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: What Other People Say - Sam Fischer/Demi Lovato

My Favourite Song Last Year: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton

Most Missed Countdown Song: Disturbia - Rihanna

Hit-Bound
Obsessed - Addison Rae [2]
MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - Lil Nas X [1]
You All Over Me (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift/Maren Morris [1]
Up - Cardi B [1]
slower - Tate McRae [3]
Once In A Lifetime - All Time Low [1]
CHICKEN TENDIES - Clinton Kane [3]
Goosebumps (Remix) - Travis Scott/HVME [8]
Sacrifice - Bebe Rexha [4]
Remember That Night? - Sara Kays [8]
The Business - Tiësto [6]
Dancing With The Devil - Demi Lovato [1]
Sucks Being Sober - Annika Wells [2]
Calling My Phone - Lil Tjay/6LACK [4]
Fly Away - Tones And I [1; 2nd time]

We have a lot of big names making debuts on Hit-Bound this week. We're starting with Lil Nas X's fourth song here. I can't believe that he's actually being successful and I'm all for it. MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) definitely isn't his best, in fact, I'd go as far to say that it's his weakest song that he's had here so far, but Lil Nas X still sounds good here and the song's definitely fun and unique in its own right. All of his songs so far have sounded decently different, which is probably why he's been able to get some follow-up singles after Old Town Road. So yeah, this is definitely the least interesting of the four, but it's still decent.

Taylor Swift has decided to include a bunch of unreleased tracks from her upcoming re-recording of Fearless, so last week she decided to release the first of those, You All Over Me and she got Maren Morris to do backup vocals here. I guess Hits 1 picked up on this because they figure it would have a better shot at radio than Love Story (Taylor's Version), which is a good bet, as it's actually a song nobody's heard before. All that being said, I don't love this. Both Taylor and Maren Morris sound good here even if Maren Morris doesn't have much of a presence here, but it's just quite boring. I don't know, this might grow on me, but I doubt it.

I'm glad that Cardi B's been able to cross over again, and I'm even more glad that Hits 1 decided to pick up on this newest single, as it's really good. It's called Up and I'd consider one of her best songs yet. This song is just so much fun. Cardi's flow is really great and there's some great moments in the song, like the layered "I know that's right" and the hilarious "SKRRR" that happens near the end of the song. This has a pretty strong hook too and it's honestly just a really good song. I really hope that Hits 1 decides to let this onto the Countdown, because it really deserves it.

All Time Low have released their first single since the success of Monsters. It's called Once In A Lifetime and I like it. It's definitely not their best and I think both singles from Wake Up, Sunshine were both better, but this is definitely good in its own right. Everything about this is good and nothing strays too far from the sound that they consistently go for. I like the chorus (except for the name-drop) and this song's honestly just enjoyable.

Demi Lovato released another album yesterday and I'm really glad that they went with this song, Dancing With The Devil, over the other single, Met Him Last Night with Ariana Grande. This song is honestly really great. I'm not exactly sure how to describe the vibe she was going for, but I'm sure you'll recognize it if you listen to the song. Anyways, Demi sounds really good here, especially in the chorus. Yeah, that's all I have to say. Just a really solid song.

Fly Away left the Countdown and re-entered Hit-Bound this week. I'm glad it left, because it's pretty forgettable and it was just taking up space on the Countdown.

Oh yeah, Goosebumps has grown on me too. Mainly because the pitched-down voice doesn't bother me as much as it does in The Business because you can definitely tell that it's still Travis Scott.

Best Debut: Up - Cardi B

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Crap:
#15: The Business - Tiësto

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#14: Obsessed - Addison Rae
#13: Fly Away - Tones And I

3 - Decent:
#12: You All Over Me (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift/Maren Morris
#11: Goosebumps (Remix) - Travis Scott/HVME
#10: slower - Tate McRae
#9: Calling My Phone - Lil Tjay/6LACK
#8: MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - Lil Nas X

4 - Good:
#7: Remember That Night? - Sara Kays
#6: Dancing With The Devil - Demi Lovato
#5: Sacrifice - Bebe Rexha
#4: Sucks Being Sober - Annika Wells

5 - Great:
#3: Once In A Lifetime - All Time Low
#2: Up - Cardi B
#1: CHICKEN TENDIES - Clinton Kane

Overall Score: 50/75 = 67%

I'd Love to See Me from Your Blurb of View

We lost one other Countdown song this week, and that was Golden! Yay, I'm really glad to be finally done with this song.

We had four Hit-Bound exits this week, acting like that, 3, 2, 1, Good Days and 2Drunk. I never really expected Good Days to re-enter, so I don't really care. I was hoping that they would make 3, 2, 1 a bigger hit, so I'm kind of sad that it's gone, 2Drunk wasn't a single, I don't think, so I don't really care about that one either, but acting like that? Really, we had to let this one go? Come on.

Looks like this is Levitating's last week. I'm really happy with the success that it got.

Why is Put Your Records On back up to #15? Seriously, why is this becoming a huge hit?

That's really all the happened this week.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#1: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon
#2: Up - Cardi B
#3: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic
#4: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo
#5: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd
#6: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#7: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby
#9: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke
#10: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior
#11: 34+35 - Ariana Grande
#12: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug
#14: Calling My Phone - Lil Tjay/6LACK
#15: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish
#16: Anyone - Justin Bieber
#17: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf
#21: positions - Ariana Grande
#22: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#24: Best Friend - Saweetie/Doja Cat
#26: Dynamite - BTS
#31: my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#34: Good Days - SZA
#36: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI
#39: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney
#40: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion
#48: My Head & My Heart - Ava Max
#50: willow - Taylor Swift
#51: We're Good - Dua Lipa
#57: Heat Waves - Glass Animals
#59: Goosebumps (Remix) - Travis Scott/HVME
#70: Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear
#71: Body - Megan Thee Stallion
#75: The Business - Tiësto

Top 10 on the Hunger Games Countdown
#10: Hate The Way - G-Eazy/blackbear
#9: Sacrifice - Bebe Rexha
#8: positions - Ariana Grande
#7: Lifestyle - Jason Derulo/Adam Levine
#6: Best Friend - Saweetie/Doja Cat
#5: 2Drunk - Nick Jonas
#4: Bitter - FLETCHER/Kito
#3: Treat People With Kindness - Harry Styles
#2: First Time - ILLENIUM/iann dior
#1: 3, 2, 1 - 24kGoldn

Top 10 If the Countdown Made Sense
#10: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI
#9: My Head & My Heart - Ava Max
#8: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke
#7: my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#6: Anyone - Justin Bieber
#5: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd
#4: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#3: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney
#2: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish
#1: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all in the next one.

59 comments:

  1. Levitating tribute: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W2TE0DjdNqI

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hitbound prediction:
    Entrances:
    Friday - Riton
    Bed - Joel Corry
    Love or lust - 24KGoldn
    Hate you + love you - Cheat Codes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exits:
      Calling my phone
      Obsessed

      Delete
    2. Debuts of the countdown:
      Goosebumps
      Remember that night

      Delete
    3. Full hitbound list:
      Friday
      Up
      Fly away
      Sacrifice
      Slower
      Sucks being sober
      Bed
      Call me by your name
      Dancing with the devil
      You all over me
      Love or lust
      The business
      Chicken tendies
      Hate you + love you
      Once in a lifetime

      Delete
    4. Deja Vu will probably be on HB next week too

      Delete
    5. Also I think Goosebumps is gonna pull another Toosie Slide and stay on HB for too long and therefore not make it to the countdown

      Delete
  3. Just released a post on my other blog called "Me Reminding You That Random Songs Exist (Episode 1)". Here are my picks. For future episodes, go check out my other blog:

    2016: Get Ugly - Jason Derulo
    2017: The Cure - Lady Gaga
    2018: Mine - Bazzi
    2019: Last Hurrah - Bebe Rexha
    2020: Push My Luck - The Chainsmokers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    As I Am: 31 spins
    All I Want: 29 spins
    Only Wanna Be With You: 28 spins
    The Business: 26 spins
    MONTERO: 23 spins
    Goosebumps: 22 spins
    I'm Not Mad: 22 spins
    Remember That Night?: 20 spins
    Sacrifice: 19 spins
    Up: 16 spins
    Dancing With The Devil: 14 spins
    Fly Away: 12 spins
    You All Over Me: 5 spins
    Fool's Gold: 4 spins
    deja vu: 2 spins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    As I Am: 29 spins
    Only Wanna Be With You: 29 spins
    All I Want: 29 spins
    MONTERO: 27 spins
    The Business: 26 spins
    I'm Not Mad: 25 spins
    Remember That Night?: 22 spins
    Goosebumps: 22 spins
    Sacrifice: 21 spins
    Up: 19 spins
    Dancing With The Devil: 15 spins
    Fly Away: 14 spins
    You All Over Me: 4 spins
    Fool's Gold: 4 spins
    deja vu: 2 spins
    Once In A Lifetime: 1 spin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why is I’m Not Mad still being played if it’s never gonna debut

      Delete
    2. It's a song that won't debut but will play though, same with OWBWY and All I Want. I assume

      Delete
    3. Yeah I don’t get why OWBWY is frequently being played but isn’t debuting. All I Want kinda made a little bit of sense until a few days ago and yet they still play it regularly whereas Deja Vu has only ever aired twice on the day it came out smh

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. I hope that As I Am doesn't become one of those cases as well, because it's MUCH better than Peaches.

      Delete
    6. Now that I think of that it looks like it probably will lol

      Delete
  6. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    MONTERO: 29 spins
    As I Am: 29 spins
    All I Want: 28 spins
    The Business: 27 spins
    Only Wanna Be With You: 27 spins
    I'm Not Mad: 26 spins
    Up: 23 spins
    Remember That Night?: 22 spins
    Sacrifice: 22 spins
    Goosebumps: 22 spins
    Fly Away: 14 spins
    Dancing With The Devil: 13 spins
    Fool's Gold: 4 spins
    deja vu: 3 spins
    You All Over Me: 2 spins
    Calling My Phone: 2 spins
    Once In A Lifetime: 2 spins

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think follow you will re enter hitbound this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. They played Follow You again. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Hit-Bound Sound of the Week is Dancing With The Devil by Demi Lovato.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lonely People should’ve been the single instead

      Delete
    2. Apparently they switched it to Met Him Last Night

      Delete
  10. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    MONTERO: 31 spins
    The Business: 26 spins
    As I Am: 26 spins
    Up: 23 spins
    Remember That Night?: 23 spins
    All I Want: 23 spins
    Goosebumps: 22 spins
    I'm Not Mad: 22 spins
    Sacrifice: 21 spins
    Only Wanna Be With You: 21 spins
    Once In A Lifetime: 15 spins
    Fly Away: 13 spins
    Dancing With The Devil: 11 spins
    Calling My Phone: 10 spins
    Fool's Gold: 4 spins
    deja vu: 4 spins
    Follow You: 2 spins

    ReplyDelete
  11. New songs on Hits 1!!!
    Shy Away - twenty one pilots
    Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mr. Perfectly Fine playing on Hits 1, and it is an amazing song. Prefer it than You All Over Me by a mile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    MONTERO: 34 spins
    Remember That Night?: 26 spins
    Once In A Lifetime: 25 spins
    Up: 25 spins
    The Business: 25 spins
    As I Am: 23 spins
    Sacrifice: 22 spins
    Goosebumps: 19 spins
    All I Want: 18 spins
    I'm Not Mad: 17 spins
    Calling My Phone: 16 spins
    Only Wanna Be With You: 15 spins
    Fly Away: 14 spins
    deja vu: 11 spins
    Dancing With The Devil: 9 spins
    Fool's Gold: 4 spins
    Shy Away: 3 spins
    Follow You: 2 spins
    Met Him Last Night: 2 spins
    Mr. Perfectly Fine: 2 spins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fly Away needs to exit HitBound and never re-enter The countdown

      Delete
  14. Quick reminder that you should get your March Madness votes in before tomorrow 2 PM EST! There are some ties and your votes could determine which songs go to the final eight!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Weird theory: I think Taylor Swift's "no body, no crime" is inspired after Among Us. Look at the lyrics if you don't agree

    ReplyDelete
  16. New on Hits 1: Surfaces - Wave of You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy crap, it's so good. I'm actually getting Khalid vibes from the guy's voice.

      Delete
    2. I don’t think I’m gonna like it based on the survey preview

      Delete
  17. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Once In A Lifetime: 37 spins
    MONTERO: 37 spins
    Remember That Night?: 25 spins
    The Business: 25 spins
    Up: 23 spins
    Sacrifice: 21 spins
    Calling My Phone: 20 spins
    Goosebumps: 20 spins
    As I Am: 19 spins
    Fly Away: 18 spins
    I'm Not Mad: 14 spins
    deja vu: 12 spins
    All I Want: 12 spins
    Only Wanna Be With You: 11 spins
    Dancing With The Devil: 7 spins
    Shy Away: 3 spins
    Obsessed: 2 spins
    Follow You: 2 spins
    Fool's Gold: 2 spins
    Met Him Last Night: 2 spins
    Mr. Perfectly Fine: 2 spins

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just got a survey

    Hit-Bound Songs
    The Business
    Kiss Me More (new Doja Cat/SZA song)
    Deja Vu
    Up
    Fly Away
    Once In A Lifetime
    Sacrifice
    Wave Of You (new Surfaces)
    Remember That Night
    Mr. Perfectly Fine
    Dancing With The Devil
    Met Him Last Night
    Goosebumps
    Calling My Phone
    Shy Away
    Follow You
    Montero

    Notable Absences
    Monsters
    Levitating
    What You Know Bout Love
    My Ex’s Best Friend (at this point these aren’t all that notable tho)
    As I Am
    Put Your Records On
    Anyone
    My Head And My Heart 😳
    Therefore I Am
    You Broke Me First
    Driver’s License 😳

    ReplyDelete
  19. #1 song on the Hot 100: Lil Nas X - MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)

    ReplyDelete
  20. New on Hits 1:
    You Belong With Me (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift
    That's When (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift/Keith Urban
    Fearless (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift
    Fifteen (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift

    ReplyDelete
  21. Replies
    1. It's likely that none of these will actually get a run on Hit-Bound.

      Delete
    2. Good, that’s too much Taylor Swift (Taylor’s Version)

      Delete
  22. Lmao literally all of the HB debuts (and re-entries bc Follow You is back) are the first 7 songs

    ReplyDelete
  23. Late but Beluga 34+35 actually debuted higher than pov I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Debuts on hit-bound:
    Met Him Last Night
    Track Star - Mooski
    Follow You
    Good Without - Mimi Web
    HEARTBREAK ANNIVERSARY - GIVEON
    deja vu
    Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor's Version)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Put your Records On leaves for the price of Levitating... (Also Monsters and My Ex's BF)

    ReplyDelete
  26. sorry for a long wait but me: Jackson is back

    ReplyDelete
  27. debuts of the countdown:
    calling my phone
    remember that night
    once in a lifetime
    call me by your name

    ReplyDelete
  28. I wanted Titans by Major Lazer, Sia, and Labrinth to debut hit-bound this week. (No it's not from Music)

    ReplyDelete
  29. 5. dl
    4. overdrive
    3. tia
    2. tpwk
    1. willow

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hit-Bound Exit:
    slower
    Dancing With The Devil
    You All Over Me (Taylor's Version)

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)