Saturday, April 17, 2021

Week of April 17, 2021 - Taylor Swift (4)

Hey guys! This week was surprising to say the least. We're down to the final four for March Madness and I'll reveal them very soon, I forgot to yesterday. Let's get into this week's Countdown with our exits!

Songs We're Saying Goodbye To
Remember That Night? - Sara Kays (#29) [#29] {1 week}
What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke (#18) [#17] {25 weeks} [x2]
Anyone - Justin Bieber (#9) [#9] {13 weeks}
My Head & My Heart - Ava Max (#8) [#8] {11 weeks}

Last Week's #1: willow - Taylor Swift (3)

#30: Calling My Phone - Lil Tjay/6LACK (-) [#30] {2 weeks}
#29: Shy Away - Twenty One Pilots (DEBUT) [0 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#28: Too Late - Cash Cash/Wiz Khalifa/Lukas Graham (-2) [#26] {4 weeks}
#27: Kiss Me More - Doja Cat/SZA (DEBUT) [0 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#26: I'm not Pretty - JESSIA (-5) [#13] {10 weeks}
#25: Patience - KSI/YUNGBLUD/Polo G (+3) [#25] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#24: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon (+1) [#23] {4 weeks}
#23: First Time - ILLENIUM/iann dior (+1) [#23] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#22: deja vu - Olivia Rodrigo (DEBUT) [1 week in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#21: Once In A Lifetime - All Time Low (+6) [#21] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#20: Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift (DEBUT) [1 week in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#19: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion (+4) [#19] {5 weeks}
#18: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf (+2) [#18] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#17: The Eulogy of You and Me - LILHUDDY (+2) [#17] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#16: pov - Ariana Grande (-4) [#12] {3 weeks}
#15: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI (-2) [#13] {11 weeks}
#14: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic (+2) [#14] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#13: Heat Waves - Glass Animals (+4) [#13] {12 weeks} *new peak*
#12: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish (-9) [#3] {22 weeks}
#11: MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - Lil Nas X (+11) [#11] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#10: you broke me first - Tate McRae (-) [#4] {29 weeks}
#9: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd (+2) [#2] {22 weeks}
#8: Till Forever Falls Apart - Ashe/FINNEAS (-1) [#7] {6 weeks}
#7: Way Less Sad - AJR (+8) [#7] {8 weeks} *new peak*
#6: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo (-1) [4 weeks at #1] {14 weeks}
#5: forget me too - Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey (+1) [#5] {8 weeks} *new peak*
#4: Overdrive - Conan Gray (-) [#4] {8 weeks}
#3: We're Good - Dua Lipa (+11) [#3] {9 weeks} *new peak*
#2: Treat People With Kindness - Harry Styles (-) [#2] {14 weeks}
#1: willow - Taylor Swift (-) [4th week at #1] {17 weeks}

Last Year's #1: Adore You - Harry Styles [10/10 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: Wave of You - Surfaces

Twenty One Pilots return this week with their first single from their next album, Scaled And Icy. This song's called Shy Away and it actually sounds like an 80s song. I think this sound works for them. Tyler Joseph sounds alright, but in my opinion, this song's kind of forgettable. This might grow on me, but for now, it's just decent.

Doja Cat probably would've released this next song earlier had TikTok not decided to make Streets popular, forcing her to promote that song. This next debut is from her next album. It's called Kiss Me More and it's featuring SZA. I definitely don't hate this song and I for sure think it's better than Say So, but I wouldn't say it's as good as Like That. Both artists sound quite good here and the chorus is pretty fun. Again though, it's kind of forgettable at the moment. I'm still glad it's here though.

Not surprisingly, Olivia Rodrigo's new song, deja vu debuts after only one week in Hit-Bound at #22. This song hasn't grown on me all that much since last week and I'm starting to doubt that it will. I just don't find it that interesting. Olivia sounds great and I have no doubts that she'll be a huge artist in just a couple of years and the writing is great here. But, I just can't really get behind the production. There's not enough at the start, then there's weird reverb-ed drums later. I'd much rather she make more songs like drivers license, but I still think she'll be Taylor Swift big even if she doesn't.

Speaking of Taylor Swift, the new "From The Vault" song from Fearless debuts this week after one week in Hit-Bound. Mr. Perfectly Fine is fine. The chorus is really catchy and I really like the production, but I'll agree with what Waffle said last week that the writing here really sounds like 2008 Taylor, which... it is, but it's technically a new song, so it makes for a weird situation. That key change is still great though.

Best Debut: Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift

Biggest DROP!!!: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish (-9): Good, I'm really glad that this isn't in the top 10 anymore. It was never good and it stuck around for way too long. I hope it leaves in the next couple of weeks.

Biggest Jump: MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - Lil Nas X & We're Good - Dua Lipa (+11): I didn't really expect either of these songs to jump. MONTERO is growing on me with each listen, so I'm really happy that it's in the top 10 and We're Good is still just good, so I'm fine that it's in the top 3.

Countdown Ranking

0 - Crap:
#30: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon

1 - Bad:
#29: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish

2 - Mediocre:
#28: deja vu - Olivia Rodrigo

3 - Decent:
#27: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#26: Calling My Phone - Lil Tjay/6LACK
#25: Till Forever Falls Apart - Ashe/FINNEAS
#24: Kiss Me More - Doja Cat/SZA
#23: Patience - KSI/YUNGBLUD/Polo G
#22: Shy Away - Twenty One Pilots
#21: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic
#20: Heat Waves - Glass Animals
#19: MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - Lil Nas X

4 - Good:
#18: We're Good - Dua Lipa
#17: willow - Taylor Swift
#16: Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift
#15: I'm not Pretty - JESSIA
#14: Treat People With Kindness - Harry Styles
#13: The Eulogy of You and Me - LILHUDDY

5 - Great:
#12: Once In A Lifetime - All Time Low
#11: First Time - ILLENIUM/iann dior
#10: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion
#9: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI
#8: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd
#7: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo
#6: Too Late - Cash Cash/Wiz Khalifa/Lukas Graham
#5: forget me too - Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey
#4: pov - Ariana Grande
#3: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf
#2: Overdrive - Conan Gray
#1: Way Less Sad - AJR

Overall Score: 114/150 = 76%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Heat Waves - Glass Animals {12 weeks}
#4: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo & Treat People With Kindness - Harry Styles {14 weeks}
#3: willow - Taylor Swift {17 weeks}
#2: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish & Save Your Tears - The Weeknd {22 weeks}
#1: you broke me first - Tate McRae {29 weeks}

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Drunk (And I Don't Wanna Go Home) - Elle King/Miranda Lambert

My Favourite Song Last Year: The Other Side - SZA/Justin Timberlake

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: Adore You - Harry Styles

Most Missed Countdown Song: ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie

Hit-Bound
Goosebumps (Remix) - Travis Scott/HVME [10]
Wave of You - Surfaces [1]
Sacrifice - Bebe Rexha [6]
Met Him Last Night - Demi Lovato/Ariana Grande [2]
Up - Cardi B [3]
Follow You - Imagine Dragons [3]
Good Without - Mimi Webb [2]
Track Star - Mooski [2]
Hold On - Justin Bieber [1]
STOP - AJ Mitchell [1]
CHICKEN TENDIES - Clinton Kane [5]
Obsessed - Addison Rae [4]
Heartbreak Anniversary - Giveon [2]
Remember That Night? - Sara Kays [1; 2nd time]
The Business - Tiësto [8]

Remember Surfaces from the song Sunday Best last year? Well, they bring their second song to Hits 1 this week, Wave of You and honestly, I think it's better than Sunday Best. It's not nearly as fun as Sunday Best, but I actually quite like the guy's voice here. It actually kind of sounds like Khalid's voice. Anyways, I also really like the melody here and the production's good too. Overall, this is just a great song. (Also, I love their cover art. It's just so aesthetic)

I honestly thought that this song was a promotional single from Justin Bieber's album Justice, but I guess Hold On is actually being pushed as a single, as it's getting a decent pop radio run and it debuts Hit-Bound this week. This definitely isn't my favourite Justin Bieber song. I like the production here and Justin sounds good, but it's kind of forgettable. Yeah, that's it.

This next artist had a Hit-Bound dropout last year called Slow Dance. It's AJ Mitchell and he brings his second song to Hits 1, STOP. This song's good. AJ Mitchell sounds good, and the production's good, but my main issue with this is that the melody is extremely predictable. Overall though, this definitely isn't bad.

Yeah, I never expected Remember That Night? to stay for long on the Countdown, but I was hoping that it would stay for more than one week. This is ridiculous.

Okay, I really hate Obsessed now.

Best Debut: Wave of You - Surfaces

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Crap:
#15: Obsessed - Addison Rae
#14: The Business - Tiësto

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#13: Heartbreak Anniversary - Giveon
#12: Met Him Last Night - Demi Lovato/Ariana Grande

3 - Decent:
#11: Track Star - Mooski
#10: Goosebumps (Remix) - Travis Scott/HVME

4 - Good:
#9: STOP - AJ Mitchell
#8: Remember That Night? - Sara Kays
#7: Hold On - Justin Bieber
#6: Sacrifice - Bebe Rexha

5 - Great:
#5: Wave of You - Surfaces
#4: Up - Cardi B
#3: Good Without - Mimi Webb
#2: CHICKEN TENDIES - Clinton Kane
#1: Follow You - Imagine Dragons

Overall Score: 51/75 = 68%

Don't You Blurb Away

Our three other exits from this week are: What You Know Bout Love, Anyone and My Head & My Heart. I'm sad to see all of these songs go. They were all good and I'm sad to see them go so early. All of them should've peaked higher.

We had two Hit-Bound exits too. Fly Away and Sucks Being Sober leave us this week. Fly Away was only ever mediocre, so I'm definitely not sad to see it leave. As for Sucks Being Sober, it should've been given a chance.

So we are once again One to Watch-less, as LILHUDDY's time has expired, but they didn't have anybody to replace him with.

How is Peaches not gone yet? I mean, cOMe oN (it's gonna be a huge hit, isn't it?).

Once In A Lifetime jumped to #21, which I'm definitely fine with.

pov dropped, which really sucks.

Way Less Sad hit the top 10, so I'm really happy about that.

forget me too is in the top 5! I'll definitely take it.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#1: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic
#2: MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - Lil Nas X
#3: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon
#4: Up - Cardi B
#5: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo
#6: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd
#7: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby
#8: deja vu - Olivia Rodrigo
#9: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#10: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf
#11: Calling My Phone - Lil Tjay/6LACK
#12: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke
#13: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior
#14: Best Friend - Saweetie/Doja Cat
#15: 34+35 - Ariana Grande
#16: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug
#20: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish
#21: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#22: Heartbreak Anniversary - Giveon
#24: positions - Ariana Grande
#25: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion
#28: my ex's best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#30: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI
#35: Good Days - SZA
#36: Track Star - Mooski
#42: We're Good - Dua Lipa
#43: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney
#44: Heat Waves - Glass Animals
#47: Goosebumps (Remix) - Travis Scott/HVME
#53: Anyone - Justin Bieber
#56: Dancing With The Devil - Demi Lovato
#57: Hold On - Justin Bieber
#60: willow - Taylor Swift
#61: Met Him Last Night - Demi Lovato/Ariana Grande
#63: My Head & My Heart - Ava Max
#74: The Business - Tiësto
#84: Body - Megan Thee Stallion
#86: Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear
#90: Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift
#96: Follow You - Imagine Dragons

Top 10 on the Hunger Games Countdown
#10: 2Drunk - Nick Jonas
#9: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf
#8: First Time - ILLENIUM/iann dior
#7: Once In A Lifetime - All Time Low
#6: Haunt You - X Lovers/chloe moriondo
#5: Bad Girl - Daya
#4: Sucks Being Sober - Annika Wells
#3: Oh My God - Alec Benjamin
#2: Treat People With Kindness - Harry Styles
#1: 3, 2, 1 - 24kGoldn

Top 10 If the Countdown Made Sense
#10: Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf
#9: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon
#8: Beautiful Mistakes - Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion
#7: We're Good - Dua Lipa
#6: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic
#5: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI
#4: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#3: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd
#2: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo
#1: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all in the next one.

20 comments:

  1. The Final Four have been revealed on March Madness! Go see what they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did a hits 1 survey, Serotonin by Girl in Red was on there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that and yet again, I had a weird feeling that they picked it up since it's getting attention on Alt-Nation (channel 36) right now.

      Delete
  3. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Cover Me in Sunshine by P!nk and Willow Sage Hart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Remember That Night?: 24 spins
    The Business: 24 spins
    Best Friend: 23 spins
    Follow You: 22 spins
    Sacrifice: 20 spins
    Up: 19 spins
    Met Him Last Night: 18 spins
    Goosebumps: 18 spins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    The Business: 25 spins
    Best Friend: 24 spins
    Follow You: 23 spins
    Remember That Night?: 23 spins
    Sacrifice: 21 spins
    Up: 19 spins
    Goosebumps: 19 spins
    Met Him Last Night: 18 spins
    Wave of You: 1 spin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every Twenty One Pilots song to hit the Weekend Countdown:

    Stressed Out
    Ride
    Heavydirtysoul
    Heathens
    Jumpsuit
    My Blood
    Chlorine
    The Hype
    Level of Concern
    Shy Away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You forgot to add Holding On To You and Tear In My Heart on the list.

      Delete
  7. Every Doja Cat song to hit the Weekend Countdown:
    Say So
    Like That (feat. Gucci Mane)
    Baby, I'm Jealous (with Bebe Rexha)
    Kiss Me More (feat. SZA)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every SZA song to hit the Weekend Countdown:

    What Lovers Do (with Maroon 5)
    All The Stars (with Kendrick Lamar)
    Power is Power (feat. The Weeknd & Travis Scott)
    The Other Side (with Justin Timberlake)
    Good Days
    Kiss Me More (with Doja Cat)

    ReplyDelete
  9. BREAKING NEWS:
    The Weeknd teased a "Save Your Tears" remix with queen Ariana Grande.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Polo G's "RAPSTAR" debuts at #1 on the Hot 100

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Follow You: 27 spins
    Best Friend: 27 spins
    The Business: 26 spins
    Remember That Night?: 22 spins
    Up: 20 spins
    Sacrifice: 19 spins
    Goosebumps: 19 spins
    Met Him Last Night: 18 spins
    You: 2 spins

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Remember That Night?: 33 spins
    Best Friend: 28 spins
    Follow You: 26 spins
    The Business: 26 spins
    Up: 21 spins
    Goosebumps: 21 spins
    Met Him Last Night: 16 spins
    Sacrifice: 16 spins
    Heartbreak Anniversary: 8 spins
    You: 5 spins

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the way back in March Madness I regret voting for cardigan over Someone To You because I'm really liking it rn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Remember That Night?: 38 spins (phew! it's gaining)
    You: 29 spins
    Follow You: 28 spins
    The Business: 26 spins
    Best Friend: 26 spins
    Up: 21 spins
    Goosebumps: 20 spins
    Met Him Last Night: 15 spins
    Sacrifice: 14 spins
    Heartbreak Anniversary: 10 spins

    ReplyDelete
  15. Notable Releases for tomorrow, April 23rd:
    ElyOtto - "SugarCrash! (Remix)" ft. Curtis Waters & Kim Petras
    H.E.R. - "Come Through" ft. Chris Brown
    JESSIA - "I'm not Pretty (Remix)" ft. Bebe Rexha
    Katy Perry, Luísa Sonza & Bruno Martini - "Cry About It Later (Remix)"
    And the biggest one that I've hyped up for a few days































    The Weeknd & Ariana Grande - "Save Your Tears (Remix)"
    Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/genius.com/amp/albums/Genius/2021-singles-release-calendar

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)