Thursday, April 22, 2021

Hot 100 Overview: Week of April 3, 2021 - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon (1)

Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon (1)
So Justice by Justin Bieber has been released, so I guess this post will serve as my album review for that. So yeah, needless to say, it was an extremely active week.

The Top 10
#1: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon (DEBUT) [1st week at #1] {1 week}
#2: Up - Cardi B (-1) [1 week at #1] {7 weeks}
#3: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic (-1) [#2] {3 weeks}
#4: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo (-1) [8 weeks at #1] {11 weeks}
#5: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd (-) [#4] {15 weeks}
#6: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd (-) [4 weeks at #1] {68 weeks}
#7: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby (-) [#5] {25 weeks}
#8: What's Next - Drake (-4) [1 week at #1] {3 weeks}
#9: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke (+3) [#9] {29 weeks}
#10: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior (-2) [8 weeks at #1] {33 weeks}

Aside from the obvious elephant in the room, which I'll address later, it wasn't a too active top 10. I'm sad that Up isn't at #1 anymore because it's quite a good song. It looks like What's Next will be out of here soon, which I'm alright with.

Debuts

#1: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon

Okay, why is this #1? I literally can't see any appeal in this song at all and I have no clue why it's becoming such a big hit. I really hope that this ends up like Yummy, flopping. Nobody sounds good here and the chorus is honestly quite annoying. I really hope that this flops.

#42: Headshot - Lil Tjay/Polo G/Fivio Foreign

This is pretty good. All artists sound quite good here and I really like their flow. The production's cool and fits pretty well with the song. Overall, this is just really solid and I'd be totally fine if this decided to become a hit.

#43: As I Am - Justin Bieber/Khalid

I really hope that Justin ends up officially releasing this as a single, because it's really good. Both Justin Bieber and Khalid sound great here and their voices mix surprisingly well together. This song's also quite catchy. I really like the chorus and the production is pretty great too. I really really hope that this song gets released.

#62: Unstable - Justin Bieber/The Kid LAROI

I'm sure somebody's gonna really hate this song. Honestly, though, even though I had decent expectations for this, it's not fantastic. It gets kind of boring even if both artists sound fine. Not much else to say here.

#64: Off My Face - Justin Bieber

This one's also pretty boring, but Justin sounds good. That's it.

#66: Ghost - Justin Bieber

This one's better than the last two even though it's slightly boring, mainly because there's just more going on in the production.

#68: 2 Much - Justin Bieber

This song's really boring and extremely forgettable.

#76: Deserve You - Justin Bieber

Again, this one just has more going on in the production.

#81: Die For You - Justin Bieber/Dominic Fike

This song is much more upbeat, which is great. I think Dominic Fike fits pretty well with this song and I like his contribution here. Overall, this is good.

#82: Tombstone - Rod Wave

Quick break from Justin Bieber to talk about Rod Wave for a second (who, spoiler alert, has an album bomb next week). I don't think that this song's as good as Street Runner and it's slightly boring, but Rod Wave sounds good, the production's good and honestly, it's just a solid song.

#84: Love You Different - Justin Bieber/BEAM

This song's quite uninteresting, but I guess it's fine because Justin sounds good. BEAM's verse is alright too.

#87: Loved By You - Justin Bieber/Burna Boy

I like this one. It's got a cool beat and I think the chorus works pretty well with it. Burna Boy's verse is decent.

#91: Somebody - Justin Bieber

Okay, how is this the lowest song from the album? It's actually quite good. Justin sounds great here and the song's pretty upbeat and fun. I quite like it and I'm disappointed that it's not higher.

#94: Famous Friends - Chris Young/Kane Brown

Just your typical country song. Neither artist sounds great and the song's kind of boring.

Best Debut: As I Am - Justin Bieber/Khalid

Worst Debut: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon

Losses
#27: Streets - Doja Cat (-11) [#16] {11 weeks}
#50: willow - Taylor Swift (-11) [1 week at #1] {15 weeks}
#56: Lemon Pepper Freestyle - Drake/Rick Ross (-25) [#3] {3 weeks}
#58: Damage - H.E.R. (-10) [#44] {15 weeks}
#69: Real As It Gets - Lil Baby/EST Gee (-11) [#34] {3 weeks}
#70: Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear (-10) [#55] {13 weeks}
#72: Buss It - Erica Banks (-10) [#47] {11 weeks}
#77: Wasted On You - Morgan Wallen (-11) [#9] {11 weeks}
#86: Almost Maybes - Jordan Davis (-13) [#73] {9 weeks}
#88: You Got It - Vedo (-10) [#75] {13 weeks}
#89: GIRL LIKE ME - Black Eyed Peas/Shakira (-17) [#67] {11 weeks}
#96: Sand In My Boots - Morgan Wallen (-16) [#32] {11 weeks}
#100: Beers And Sunshine - Darius Rucker (-19) [#42] {15 weeks}

I expect most of these to get a bounce back in a couple weeks after the Rod Wave album bomb before falling back down again because of Fearless (Taylor's Version). I'll go through them anyways, though. I'm glad that Streets fell and it never should've been a top 20 hit. I kind of wish that willow was bigger, although I'm getting slightly tired of it. Lemon Pepper Freestyle is great and it shouldn't be dropping. Damage and Real As It Gets and Buss It are pretty forgettable, so not too much to say on those ones. Monsters is still here? Okay then. I'm still utterly shocked at how both Morgan Wallen songs are still here. Almost Maybes I don't really care about, You Got It is good, so I'm sad and GIRL LIKE ME and Beers And Sunshine are both bad, so I'm glad that they dropped.

Gains
#16: Anyone - Justin Bieber (+21) [#6] {12 weeks}
#20: Hold On - Justin Bieber (+39) [#20] {3 weeks} *new peak*

Haha.

Dropouts
Throat Baby (Go Baby) - BRS Kash (#50) [#24] {22 weeks}
On The Ground - ROSÉ (#70) [#70] {1 week}
LOST - NF/Hopsin (#79) [#79] {1 week}
Follow You - Imagine Dragons (#83) [#83] {1 week}
Baila Conmigo - Selena Gomez/Rauw Alejandro (#84) [#74] {2 weeks} [x2]
Like I Want You - Giveon (#87) [#87] {4 weeks} [x2]
DAYWALKER! - Machine Gun Kelly/CORPSE (#88) [#88] {1 week}
Hellcats & Trackhawks - Only The Family/Lil Durk (#94) [#74] {2 weeks}
Opp Stoppa - YBN Nahmir/21 Savage (#95) [#78] {6 weeks}
Still Trappin' - Lil Durk/King Von (#96) [#53] {12 weeks}
Finesse Out The Gang Way - Lil Durk/Lil Baby (#97) [#39] {7 weeks}
Gone - Dierks Bentley (#98) [#98] {3 weeks}
Lil Bit - Nelly/Florida Georgia Line (#99) [#99] {2 weeks}
Undivided - Tim McGraw/Tyler Hubbard (#100) [#76] {2 weeks}

Sucks that a bunch of the good debuts from last week dropped off, but needless to say, I'm glad that DAYWALKR! is gone. Throat Baby was always kind of forgettable, so whatever. Baila Conmigo and Like I Want You only re-entered because of album drops, so whatever. Hellcats & Trackhawks wasn't good, so I'm glad it didn't stick around, Finesse Out The Gang Way should've been a bigger hit and the rest are either forgettable or bad.

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all in the next one.

24 comments:

  1. Bad news for you beluga lil bit is on hits 1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could just be in the Goldn Hour. Did 24kGoldn announce it as his Pick of the Week or was it just played?

      Delete
    2. I think Goldn Hour. Really sad though because I like that song

      Delete
  2. Good post, but you put that country song as the worst of the week even though you have Peaches in awful tier.

    Also bad news: apparently we’re getting a Without You remix next week with Miley Cyrus 💀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks. I guess it's just hard to remember that the #1 is a debut.

      Delete
    2. OoOoOoOh Kid Laroi x Miley Cyrus!

      Delete
  3. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Remember That Night?: 52 spins
    You: 37 spins
    Follow You: 27 spins
    The Business: 26 spins
    Best Friend: 24 spins
    Goosebumps: 22 spins
    Up: 19 spins
    Met Him Last Night: 13 spins
    Heartbreak Anniversary: 10 spins
    Sacrifice: 10 spins

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright, after having it on there for just over a year now, time to take Save Your Tears off my playlist. I mean, what even is the point of having it in there anymore, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So the survey I just received said "There are rumors we might have a new #1 song on The Weekend Countdown.", hmmm...

    Hit-Bound Songs
    Remember That Night
    Best Friend
    Follow You
    You
    Hold On
    The Business
    Rapstar
    Lil Bit
    Goosebumps (will this ever debut? lol)
    Met Him Last Night
    Heartbreak Anniversary
    Wave Of You

    Notable Absences
    Therefore I Am
    You Broke Me First
    Driver's License
    Willow
    Save Your Tears
    Treat People With Kindness...?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three thoughts:

      1. Very glad to see RAPSTAR here, I think it's quite good.
      2. R.I.P. Up, you were never really given a chance. 😭
      3. Either TPWK will hit #1 for just one week, or something like forget me too or We're Good will be our #1 this week.

      Delete
    2. Wait I didn't even notice Up was removed

      And yeah Rapstar is good

      Delete
  6. LETS GO DRIVERS LICENSE IS GONE!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hitbound debuts:
    on the ground: AWESOME GLAD IT GOT ON
    serotonin: ok
    in the water: havent heard

    ReplyDelete
  8. Conan Gray at #1 baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should probably be angrier at this then I am lol

      Delete
  9. Yesssss overdrive is number one
    first time and drivers license left?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yayyyyy on the ground is on hitbound IM HAPPY ABOUT IT

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)