Friday, February 12, 2021

A Year in Review - 2020 (Part 2)

Yeah, so I recently remembered some more stats that I wanted to do, so I figured I'd just do a part 2 to my previous Year in Review post. I'm just gonna jump right into it with our first award.

Most Entrants in a Week
I Should Probably Go To Bed - Dan + Shay (#30), my future - Billie Eilish (#28), Lose Somebody - Kygo/OneRepublic (#26), Daisies - Katy Perry (#19), Whats Poppin - Jack Harlow (#18)Heather - Conan Gray (#17), & me & ur ghost - blackbear (#5) [7 entrants] [August 8]

Cool. There were definitely some other years when this happened more than just once, but it's still cool when this happens every once in a while.

Next is some awards relating to the length of songs.

Shortest Countdown Song
CITY OF ANGELS - 24kGoldn (1:52)

Longest Countdown Song
The Hype - Twenty One Pilots (4:25)

Shortest Hit-Bound Dropout
Backyard Boy - Claire Rosinkranz (2:09)

Longest Hit-Bound Dropout
exile - Taylor Swift/Bon Iver (4:45)

Next up is just a percentage of all of the genres for the Countdown songs.

Countdown Song Genres
Upbeat Pop (37%)
Slow Pop (22%)
Rap (16%)
EDM (9%)
Pop Rock (9%)
Country (4%)
R&B (2%)
K-Pop (1%)
Latino (1%)

Upbeat Pop (predictably) is the #1 genre of the year, but I think the most notable thing here is that rap actually had 16% of all of the Countdown songs. That's insane especially compared to other years when we had little to no rap on here. Other than that, pop rock only had 9% this year, which I'm pretty sure is less than usual, especially since Hits 1 really likes pop rock. But I think that's mostly because bands like Imagine Dragons, Panic! At The Disco and Fall Out Boy didn't really release much this year.

Biggest Whiff of the Year
Life Is Good - Future/Drake

Yeah, this was released back when Hits 1 weren't huge fans of rap and even now, I'm not sure if it would be picked up.

Alright, so here's the last award that I'm giving out. It's called the Oops! I Forgot award. It goes to the most forgettable Countdown song of the year. But first, some honourable mentions:

CITY OF ANGELS - 24kGoldn
Cuz I Love You - Lizzo
Demons - Alec Benjamin
Fight - Tayla Parx/Florida Georgia Line
Funny - Zedd/Jasmine Thompson
Hate The Way - G-Eazy/blackbear
Head & Heart - Joel Corry/MNEK
I Love Me - Demi Lovato
Mad at Disney - salem ilese
Mother - Charlie Puth
my future - Billie Eilish
Nobody's Love - Maroon 5
Over Now - Calvin Harris/The Weeknd
Push My Luck - The Chainsmokers
queen of broken hearts - blackbear
Ride It - Regard
Stuck with U - Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber
Walking - Joji/Jackson Wang/Major Lazer/Swae Lee
WOW - Zara Larsson
X - Jonas Brothers/KAROL G
17 - Pink Sweat$
10/10 - Rex Orange County
100 Ways - Jackson Wang

And the award goes to...

Banana (Minisiren Remix) - Conkarah/Shaggy/DJ Fle

Yeah, don't tell me you remembered that that song existed, because you didn't.

Little thing that I forgot to do for my Hits 1's Top 30 of 2020 post. Rank the freakin' songs. I forgot to do this last year too. Anyways, here it is:

Hits 1's Top 30 of 2020 Ranking

0 - Crap:
#30: Moral of the Story - Ashe/Niall Horan
#29: Adore You - Harry Styles
#28: Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton

1 - Bad:
#27: Old Me - 5 Seconds of Summer
#26: Say So - Doja Cat

2 - Mediocre:
NONE!

3 - Decent:
#25: Graveyard - Halsey
#24: No Judgement - Niall Horan

4 - Good:
#23: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber
#22: Midnight - Alesso/Liam Payne
#21: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels
#20: Only Human - Jonas Brothers
#19: me & ur ghost - blackbear

5 - Great:
#18: How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith
#17: Level of Concern - Twenty One Pilots
#16: My Oh My - Camila Cabello
#15: Maniac - Conan Gray
#14: Good as Hell - Lizzo
#13: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo
#12: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#11: Kings & Queens - Ava Max
#10: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer
#9: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#8: What A Man Gotta Do - Jonas Brothers
#7: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa
#6: Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa
#5: hot girl bummer - blackbear
#4: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan
#3: Circles - Post Malone
#2: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas
#1: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd

Overall Score: 118/150 = 79%

Hunh, this was actually better than last year. Interesting, considering there were a lot less songs that I hated this year, even with the shortening.

Kwaheri, everybody! See you in the next one.

12 comments:

  1. If you know me, I definitely disagree that Funny was a forgettable song. No one on my Hits 1 discord also agrees with that because they see me continue to listen to it all the time. I also don't think I Love Me was at all forgettable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hit-Bound:
    Goosebumps (Remix) - Travis Scott/HVME (DEBUT)
    Cry Over Boys - Alexander 23 (DEBUT)
    SO DONE - The Kid LAROI
    Remember That Night? - Sara Kays (DEBUT)
    Stay Next To Me - Quinn XCII/Chelsea Cutler
    cheers - blackbear/Wiz Khalifa
    Body - Megan Thee Stallion
    Girls Like Us - Zoe Wees
    Skin - Sabrina Carpenter
    Good Days - SZA
    Momma Always Told Me - Mike Posner/Stanaj/Yung Bae
    Love Story (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift (DEBUT)
    Talk About Love - Zara Larsson/Young Thug
    rubberband - Tate McRae
    Best Friend - Saweetie/Doja Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debuts:
      I'm not Pretty - JESSIA (#27)
      forget me too - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear (#22)

      Hit-Bound Dropouts:
      Lotus Inn - Why Don't We
      Goodbye - Shaylen

      Delete
    2. Awwww lotus inn I kinda wanted it to do well

      Delete
    3. Also you said blackbear not halsey XD

      Delete
    4. Um it’s not blackbear it’s Halsey

      Delete
    5. It's Halsey who was in Forget Me Too not Blackbear.

      Delete
    6. Ah geez. I have yet to make that mistake on one of my posts, but definitely don't count that out as a possibility.

      Delete
  3. OMG LASTING LOVER JUMPED TO 14 YAS

    ReplyDelete
  4. IFISHSJSHAJSISHSJISJSJSIISKA WHY ISNT STAY NEXT TO ME DEBUTING!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deep end is a one-weeker
    Also overwhelmed left

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)