Friday, April 17, 2020

10K Pageview Special: Fall Out Boy

I'm so sorry this is so late.

But, here it is, so it's fine!

So to get things straight, I'm only taking songs from Fall Out Boy singles and albums. No EPs, because that's just way too much, considering there's already around 6 albums. So without further ado, here is my ranking of pretty much every single Fall Out Boy song:

Also also, just a little sidenote, I'm only gonna fully review the top 10. Anymore would just postpone this way longer than it already is.

#96: American Beauty/American Psycho
#95: Novocaine
#94: The Phoenix
#93: Stay Frosty Royal Milk Tea
#92: Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying (Do Your Part To Save The Scene And Stop Going To Shows)
#91: Young And Menace
#90: Dance, Dance
#89: Wilson (Expensive Mistakes)
#88: I Slept With Someone In Fall Out Boy And All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me
#87: Growing Up
#86: Fourth Of July
#85: Irresistible
#84: Bang The Doldrums
#83: Church
#82: w.a.m.s.
#81: Heaven's Gate
#80: I Don't Care
#79: Bishops Knife Trick
#78: The Pros And Cons Of Breathing
#77: Sunshine Riptide (feat. Burna Boy)
#76: Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner
#75: Alpha Dog
#74: Dear Future Self (Hands Up) [feat. Wyclef Jean]
#73: Saturday
#72: Disloyal Order Of Water Buffaloes
#71: 27
#70: "The Take Over, The Breaks Over"
#69: Grenade Jumper
#68: Of All The Gin Joints In All The World
#67: G.I.N.A.S.F.S.
#66: Death Valley
#65: Dead On Arrival
#64: Sending Postcards From A Plane Crash (Wish You Were Here)
#63: Bob Dylan
#62: She's My Winona
#61: I've Got All This Ringing In My Ears And None In My Fingers
#60: It's Hard To Say "I Do", When I Don't
#59: America's Suitehearts
#58: Lake Effect Kid
#57: Homesick At Space Camp
#56: The Mighty Fall (feat. Big Sean)
#55: Chicago Is So Two Years Ago
#54: Reinventing The Wheel To Run Myself Over
#53: West Coast Smoker
#52: Grand Theft Autumn / Where Is Your Boy
#51: Tiffany Blews
#50: Yule Shoot Your Eye Out
#49: Uma Thurman
#48: Sophomore Slump Or Comeback Of The Year
#47: Twin Skeleton's (Hotel In NYC)
#46: Calm Before The Storm
#45: HOLD ME TIGHT OR DON'T
#44: Our Lawyer Made Us Change The Name Of This Song So We Didn't Get Sued
#43: Tell That Mick That He Just Made My List Of Things To Do Today
#42: Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Bet
#41: I've Got A Dark Alley And A Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth (Summer Song)
#40: What A Catch, Donnie
#39: "From Now On We Are Enemies"
#38: Champagne For My Real Friends, Real Pain For My Sham Friends
#37: Rat A Tat (feat. Courtney Love)
#36: I'm Like A Lawyer With The Way I'm Always Trying To Get You Off (Me & You)
#35: Favorite Record
#34: Fame < Infamy
#33: This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
#32: XO
#31: Summer Days (w/ Martin Garrix, feat. Macklemore)
#30: Thriller
#29: Just One Yesterday (feat. Foxes)
#28: The (Shipped) Gold Standard
#27: Sugar, We're Goin Down
#26: 20 Dollar Nose Bleed
#25: You're Crashing, But You're No Wave
#24: Miss Missing You
#23: The Carpal Tunnel Of Love
#22: Thnks fr th Mmrs
#21: 7 Minutes In Heaven (Atavan Halen)
#20: Hum Hallelujah
#19: Immortals
#18: The Patron Saint Of Fakes And Liars
#17: (Coffee's For Closers)
#16: Don't You Know Who I Think I Am?
#15: The (After) Life Of The Party
#14: Champion
#13: A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More "Touch Me"
#12: Jet Pack Blues
#11: Golden

Okay, moving into the top 10, I'm gonna start reviewing them. Starting with:

#10: The Last Of The Real Ones

This still remains one of my favourite Fall Out Boy songs, and is hands-down the best song from MANIA. I feel like the instrumentation here was just absolutely nailed, and Patrick's vocals go so well with this song. The chorus' beat is really well-constructed, and the piano riff playing throughout the song really complements everything nicely. Overall, this is a great song that deserved more on the charts (it did very well on Hits 1, so I'm not complaining about that, but I mean... Hits 1 stans Fall Out Boy, so it makes sense.)

#9: Beat It (feat. John Mayer)

So there were a few songs here that I had no clue existed, but I'm very glad do. This is one of them. I didn't expect a Michael Jackson cover at all going into this, and since it was on Believers Never Die, it qualified to be in this list. I feel like Patrick Stump and John Mayer just absolutely kill it in this song, and it almost feels like it was made for them. Patrick works especially well with this song, and I'm really happy it got made, and it was for sure a welcome surprise.

#8: Where Did The Party Go

From Save Rock And Roll, their best album in my opinion, we have Where Did The Party Go up at #8. This wasn't a single, but I feel it would've done well. It sounds great, and doesn't really sound like their other songs, which I like because they nailed it here. The chorus is really well-composed, and that guitar is extremely catchy. This is a great song that I'd never heard before this.

#7: Centuries

This was one of their biggest hits, and it remains one of my favourite songs from them. It just sounds so... epic. I don't know how else to describe it. That female voice before the last chorus still gets me every time. I also still yell "HEART" every single time I hear this. This song is less good, and just more absolutely iconic. It deserved all the success it got and more. This is an amazing song that is not overrated one bit. I also could've sworn it said "frozen fruit" in the bridge, but that might just be me.

#6: I've Been Waiting (w/ Lil Peep & ILoveMakonnen)

This song came out last year, and actually made my #2 spot on my 45 favourite songs of 2019 list. bested only by Imagine Dragons. Although Lil Peep and Makonnen's voices aren't great, they definitely got more tolerable. But the best part is easily Patrick Stump. He just absolutely kills it in a way I didn't know was humanly possible. Also, it's catchy as heck. I mean, you still can't get it out of your head. Admit it.

#5: Alone Together

Okay, so for these next two songs, if you asked me who the artist was before this, I could not have told you. And I was so surprised when I heard these whilst listening to Save Rock And Roll. Anyways, I really like this song, and it's so different from other Fall Out Boy songs in the best way possible. I think the band really shines here, and it's honestly just a great song.

#4: Young Volcanoes

This song is so nostalgic for me. Except I had no clue what it was called, so I haven't heard it in years, and listening to it again brought back so many memories. Overall, I think this song is really solid, and the guitar-ballad-ish vibe that it's giving off is really great. This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think this is really good.

#3: My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)

This is FOB's biggest hit, and there's a reason why it was so popular. It's just so good. I mean, it's My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark. If you say you don't know what that song is... you're lying. Everything about this song just works in the best way possible, and it just all falls together perfectly. You know you like this song, and you can't deny it.

#2: The Kids Aren't Alright

I hadn't heard this song before doing this, and when I first heard it I really liked it. In fact, it was up at #1 before I switched it with the #1 I have now. I feel like this song was really well put together, and it being a bit slower benefits it really well. The song's just kind of... mesmerizing, and the chorus is roaring, and it falls together really really well. The drum beat with a lot of reverb on it is really great, and for it to slow down again was a seamless switch. Overall, this is a great song. It probably wouldn't have made a really good single, but it's still good.

#1: Save Rock And Roll (w/ Elton John)

Um. This is something I never expected. I didn't know it existed, and I'm glad it does. I mean, who ever thought a collaboration between FOB and Elton John of all people would be so good. This is the title track from the respective album, and it for sure deserves that honour. Elton's low voice and Patrick's higher voice compliment each other really well. And in the chorus with the harmonies, it's just... absolutely amazing. If you haven't heard this yet, you're not wasting your time. Go listen to it. The absolute best part comes in the last chorus though. There's a key change, and... wow. It literally gives me goosebumps every single time. Just listen to it. That's all I can say. Listen to it right now. Go. I'm not even asking anymore. Go listen to it. I'm waiting. Stop reading! Go listen to it. What are you doing? Why aren't you listening to this? GO!



Wow. This was a whole lot of fun to make, even if it was a bit grating to listen to MANIA. I hope you guys excuse this being so late. Post Malone is next! See you guys then!

41 comments:

  1. How was it grating to listen to MANIA? Also why is Bob Dylan higher up than DFS(HU).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MANIA was the worst album full of songs that sounded like each other other than Champion and HMTOD

      Delete
    2. Also, I realized I liked Bob Dylan better than DFS(HU)

      Delete
  2. Hi so is there a way that there is a thing on Twitch that I can search about some music stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen to mskwyditd(leu)
    Fall out boy
    Aka belugas #3 fob song

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have great news for what feels like everyone here: I think Adore You's run at #1 might be coming to an end sooner rather than later. It's now out of the top 5 entirely on the Hits1 airplay chart, which I have linked below in case anyone wants to check it out (you do need an account but it's relatively easy to make iirc)

    https://www.allaccess.com/mediabase/q/report/playlist/station/S001-FM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UPDATE: It has also been removed from the Hits1 survey that I just did. This is nothing but good news for us Adore You haters

      Delete
    2. How'd you get a survey? I didn't get one.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actual exits:
    10,000 Hours
    Lose You to Love Me
    How Do You Sleep?
    Beautiful People
    Someone You Loved
    Graveyard

    Actual Entrants:
    Toosie Slide
    Falling (RE-ENTRY)
    Break My Heart
    In Your Eyes
    Level of Concern
    Lay Your Head on Me

    Biggest Drop: Teeth and Nice to Meet Ya (-33)

    Biggest Jump: Old Me and No Judgement (+16)

    Top 5:
    5. Blinding Lights
    4. What a Man Gotta Do
    3. Adore You
    2. Before You Go
    1. Don’t Start Now (1st Week) (Dead Serious)

    Countdown Extra: I’m Ready

    HitBound entrants:
    CITY OF ANGELS
    I’m Ready
    Boyfriend
    Midnight
    Six Feet Apart

    HitBound exits:
    Know Your Worth
    To Die For

    HitBound exits, but still on poll:
    Oh My God

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inb4 Beluga, SuperTacocat, Waffle or 13Bubby says Chase u r right about number one but wrong for rest Adore You is number two not number three and There are 7 exits so DANCE MONKEY also left the countdown u r right that HDYS? Left the countdown Plus U r right that Falling re entered and Know Your Worth and To Die For left HitBound but didn’t make it to countdown the HitBound entrants are correct Level of Concern was right about debuting the countdown at number 36

      Delete
  7. The ACTUAL Exits are:
    How Do You Sleep
    10,000 Hours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the entrants are Toosie Slide and Break My Heart

      Delete
    2. To Die For and Know Your Worth left HitBound but didn’t debut

      Delete
  8. Here are the HitBound entrants:
    Sam Smith/Demi Lovato - I’m Ready
    Selena Gomez - Boyfriend
    24KGoldn - CITY OF ANGELS
    Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight
    Alec Benjamin - Six Feet Apart

    HitBound exits:
    Know Your Worth
    To Die For

    Graduated from HitBound to countdown:
    In Your Eyes
    Falling
    Break My Heart
    Toosie Slide
    Lay Your Head on Me

    What 2 Alec Benjamin HitBound songs that is weird

    Inb4 everybody says nope Oh My God left HitBound but is still on Poll and did not debut the countdown yet but u r right that I’m Ready is on HitBound plus a countdown extra
    and also u r right about Boyfriend debuting HitBound

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hit-Bound (Part 1):
    SUGAR - BROCKHAMPTON
    Six Feet Apart - Alec Benjamin (DEBUT)
    Nice to Meet Ya - Meghan Trainor/Nicki Minaj
    Toosie Slide - Drake
    Break My Heart - Dua Lipa
    CITY OF ANGELS - 24kGoldn (DEBUT)
    Small Talk - Niall Horan
    Falling - Trevor Daniel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I guess Know Your Worth and To Die For left and I’m Ready debut HitBound

      Delete
    2. And Level of Concern debuted at number 37 on countdown

      Delete
    3. Yay for KYW and TDF they deserved to be gone forever

      Delete
    4. Beluga I know that Boyfriend midnight

      Delete
    5. Hit-Bound (Part 2):
      Ride It - Regard
      In Your Eyes - The Weeknd
      YOU CAN'T HOLD MY HEART - Monsta X
      Bad Child - Tones And I
      Lay Your Head On Me - Major Lazer/Marcus Mumford
      Oh My God - Alec Benjamin
      17 - Pink Sweat$

      Delete
    6. Also I really hope NTMY doesn't become the next Take What You Want, where they just keep it around for too long and then it flops on the countdown.

      Delete
    7. Is Don’t Start Now dethroning Adore You

      Delete
  10. I am not very happy right now that DSN May hit number one today

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why did small talk to die for and know your worth leave bc it is removed from poll

    ReplyDelete
  12. Next week Small Talk will leave HitBound and never debut the countdown since it is off the voting poll bc I never heard it before

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chase please stop spamming completely false information

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)