Monday, March 23, 2020

Week of March 21, 2020 - Harry Styles (6)

Harry Styles (6)
Hey guys, it was a pretty boring week this week, and honestly nothing much happened. That being said, let's just get into this post!

Song We're Saying Goodbye To
Wanted - OneRepublic (#44) [#11] {13 weeks}

Last Week's #1: Adore You - Harry Styles (6)

#45: How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith (-) [#11] {29 weeks}
#44: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez (-1) [#3] {20 weeks}
#43: Make You Mine - PUBLIC (-1) [#17] {37 weeks}
#42: Good As Hell - Lizzo (-2) [#3] {24 weeks}
#41: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber (-2) [#9] {23 weeks}
#40: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid (-4) [1 week at #1] {29 weeks}
#39: Don't Let It Break Your Heart - Louis Tomlinson (DEBUT) [8* weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#38: Memories - Maroon 5 (-6) [#10] {25 weeks}
#37: Maniac - Conan Gray (+4) [#37] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#36: Falling - Trevor Daniel (+2) [#36] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#35: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi (-7) [3 weeks at #1] {48 weeks}
#34: Cuz I Love You - Lizzo (-) [#29] {8 weeks}
#33: I Love Me - Demi Lovato (+4) [#33] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#32: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer (-6) [3 weeks at #1] {43 weeks}
#31: Graveyard - Halsey (-4) [#3] {27 weeks}
#30: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo (+5) [#30] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#29: Take What You Want - Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott (-) [#29] {3 weeks}
#28: Rare - Selena Gomez (+3) [#17] {5 weeks}
#27: Modern Loneliness - Lauv (+6) [#27] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#26: Heartless - The Weeknd (-1) [#25] {7 weeks}
#25: No Judgement - Niall Horan (+5) [#25] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#24: Dance Monkey - Tones And I (-1) [#21] {21 weeks}
#23: Some Kind Of Disaster - All Time Low (-1) [#15] {6 weeks}
#22: Only Human - Jonas Brothers (+2) [1 week at #1] {25 weeks}
#21: me & ur ghost - blackbear (-) [#21] {3 weeks}
#20: Stupid Love - Lady Gaga (-) [#20] {3 weeks}
#19: Demons - Alec Benjamin (-4) [#15] {7 weeks}
#18: South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B (-) [#7] {14 weeks}
#17: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels (+2) [#17] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#16: Say So - Doja Cat (-2) [#14] {10 weeks}
#15: The Man - Taylor Swift (+2) [#15] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#14: My Oh My - Camila Cabello (-2) [#12] {10 weeks}
#13: Bob Dylan - Fall Out Boy (-) [#13] {11 weeks}
#12: You should be sad - Halsey (-1) [#11] {7 weeks}
#11: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd (+5) [#11] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#10: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish (-1) [#9] {11 weeks}
#9: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas (+1) [#9] {16 weeks}
#8: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi (-1) [#7] {7 weeks}
#7: Circles - Post Malone (-1) [2 weeks at #1] {25 weeks}
#6: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan (-1) [8 weeks at #1] {23 weeks}
#5: hot girl bummer - blackbear (+3) [#5] {10 weeks} *new peak*
#4: What A Man Gotta Do - Jonas Brothers (-1) [#3] {8 weeks}
#3: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer (+1) [2 weeks at #1] {22 weeks}
#2: Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa (-) [#2] {14 weeks}
#1: Adore You - Harry Styles (-) [6th week at #1] {15 weeks}

Last Year's #1: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco [3/3 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee

Okay, now that that’s out of the way, we can talk about our debut this week, Don’t Let It Break Your Heart by Louis Tomlinson. This is probably my second-favourite song right now. If you don’t know what my favourite song is, shame on you. This song is great. I love the style here, with him recording his voice over and over again in the chorus to give it almost an effect that it’s a One Direction song, and I feel it works really well. The lyrics are really great and well thought-out. I seriously have no criticisms here. Good job Louis. *7 weeks in Hit-Bound, 8 weeks on Voting Poll

Biggest DROP!!!: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi (-7): This is the oldest song on the countdown as of right now, so I’m totally okay with it dropping, even if it was only seven spots.

Biggest Jump: Modern Loneliness - Lauv (+6):  I actually really like this song, and I’m very happy that it’s jumping. Good job, Lauv.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas
#4: Take What You Want - Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott
#3: Some Kind Of Disaster - All Time Low
#2: Don't Let It Break Your Heart - Louis Tomlinson
#1: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: Cuz I Love You - Lizzo
#4: Memories - Maroon 5
#3: Say So - Doja Cat
#2: Adore You - Harry Styles
#1: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish

Top 20 Ranking

0 - Crap:
#20: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish
#19: Adore You - Harry Styles
#18: Say So - Doja Cat

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#17: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer

3 - Decent:
#16: Demons - Alec Benjamin
#15: Bob Dylan - Fall Out Boy

4 - Good:
#14: My Oh My - Camila Cabello
#13: South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B
#12: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa
#11: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan
#10: Circles - Post Malone

5 - Great:
#9: hot girl bummer - blackbear
#8: What A Man Gotta Do - Jonas Brothers
#7: The Man - Taylor Swift
#6: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#5: Stupid Love - Lady Gaga
#4: You should be sad - Halsey
#3: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels
#2: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas

Bonus: 6 - Best Song on the Countdown:
#1: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd

Overall Score: 74/100 = 74%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Graveyard - Halsey {27 weeks}
#4: How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith & Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid {29 weeks}
#3: Make You Mine - PUBLIC {37 weeks}
#2: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer {43 weeks}
#1: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi {48 weeks}

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Falling - Harry Styles

My Favourite Song Last Year: Shallow - Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: Harry - Kelsy Karter

Hit-Bound
Sunday Best - Surfaces [4*]
Moral of the Story - Ashe [2]
SUGAR - BROCKHAMPTON [3]
P.S. I Hope You're Happy - The Chainsmokers/blink-182 [2]
death bed (coffee for you head) - Powfu/beabadoobee [2]
Old Me - 5 Seconds of Summer [5]
Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles [?]
Know Your Worth - Khalid/Disclosure [6]
The Other Side - SZA/Justin Timberlake [4*]
Nice to Meet Ya - Meghan Trainor/Nicki Minaj [7]
17 - Pink Sweat$ [2]
Oh My God - Alec Benjamin [5*]
To Die For - Sam Smith [6]
YOU CAN'T HOLD MY HEART - Monsta X [2]
RITMO - Black Eyed Peas/J Balvin [3]

Also Available For Vote
Physical - Dua Lipa [7*]
the other girl - Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey [1]
Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton [1]
In Your Eyes - The Weeknd [1]
Small Talk - Niall Horan [1]
Bad Child - Tones And I [1]

Starting off with the other girl by Kelsea Ballerini and Halsey, I have to say, this is much better than I expected it to be. It’s a neat little country/pop song, and I think both artists do really well here. This song is really good and definitely surpassed my expectations.

Next up, we have Supalonely by BENEE and Gus Dapperton, and this is really bad. The beat is cool in itself, but the “LALALALA” part is honestly quite odd and I don’t like it at all. BENEE herself isn’t terrible, but Gus really just tears apart this song for me, to the point where it’s unlistenable. Oh yeah, also Tik Tok. Again. I mean at this point, I’m half-expecting Cannibal by Kesha to debut Hit-Bound.

So I recently listened to The Weeknd’s new album, After Hours, and after the first little bit, I was not really liking it all that much. All of the songs really either sounded like the first part of the title track, or Heartless, neither of which I really like, and it was refreshing when Blinding Lights came on. But right after it, we got this song, In Your Eyes, and it was honestly really great. It gives off even more of an 80s vibe than Blinding Lights. And I really like it. More than Blinding Lights? Of course not, don’t be ridiculous, but it’s still a really solid song.

I also recently listened to Niall Horan’s new album, Heartbreak Weather, and I remember hearing Small Talk, and being like: “Hey, this is really good” I still stand by that three days later. It’s kind of cool, like to the point where I can’t describe it, so go listen to it yourself because I’m tired.

Finally, we have Bad Child by Tones And I. After Dance Monkey was a huge hit, I was like: “okay, this is good, but what’s next?” because if it was just a gimmick, then there wasn’t much else she could do, and she would become a one-hit wonder. But I sincerely think this is gonna be her second hit. I think she uses her voice even better here, and I’d love to see this be a hit.

Yeah, you probably have a question here. I’ve done a full 180 on Sunday Best. Honestly, the lyrics are great, the production is great, and his voice isn’t all that bad. I made a mistake putting it in red. Also the “coffee for your head” got added in parenthesis to death bed.

Best Debut: In Your Eyes - The Weeknd

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Crap:
#21: Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#20: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee
#19: Oh My God - Alec Benjamin

3 - Decent:
#18: Old Me - 5 Seconds of Summer
#17: YOU CAN'T HOLD MY HEART - Monsta X
#16: SUGAR - BROCKHAMPTON
#15: Moral of the Story - Ashe
#14: the other girl - Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey

4 - Good:
#13: Physical - Dua Lipa
#12: 17 - Pink Sweat$
#11: Nice to Meet Ya - Meghan Trainor/Nicki Minaj
#10: The Other Side - SZA/Justin Timberlake
#9: Know Your Worth - Khalid/Disclosure
#8: P.S. I Hope You're Happy - The Chainsmokers/blink-182

5 - Great:
#7: Bad Child - Tones And I
#6: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#5: Small Talk - Niall Horan
#4: To Die For - Sam Smith
#3: RITMO - Black Eyed Peas/J Balvin
#2: Sunday Best - Surfaces
#1: In Your Eyes - The Weeknd

Overall Score: 78/105 = 74%

Don't Let It Blurb Your Heart

We lost Wanted this week. I’m very happy this song is gone, because it was always really boring, and was honestly just taking up space.

Losses:

Memories: Good. I’m really starting to lose interest on this one, to the point where it’s in red, and I’m starting to thoroughly regret putting it in my Top 45 Songs of 2019 list.
Easier: This is also an old one that has to leave.

Gains:

Intentions: Glad to see this getting a bit of traction on its second week.
No Judgement: I’d be fine with seeing this in the top 20.
Blinding Lights: YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Top 11, baby!

Top 5:

hot girl bummer: I don’t think anyone expected this to hit the top 5 when they first heard it. I certainly didn’t.
What A Man Gotta Do: Why is this dropping? This needs to hit #1!
Teeth: Why doesn’t this song please just leave!
Don't Start Now: This could hit #1 too, and I’d be fine with that.
Adore You: This needs to leave #1! Now! It's super irrelevant, and I'm certain nobody's voting for it.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#2: Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa
#4: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#5: Circles - Post Malone
#7: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas
#10: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo
#12: Dance Monkey - Tones And I
#13: Memories - Maroon 5
#14: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish
#15: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#16: Adore You - Harry Styles
#17: hot girl bummer - blackbear
#18: I Love Me - Demi Lovato
#19: Say So - Doja Cat
#21: Heartless - The Weeknd
#26: My Oh My - Camila Cabello/DaBaby
#27: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber
#30: Stupid Love - Lady Gaga
#38: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez
#41: You should be sad - Halsey
#42: Falling - Trevor Daniel
#47: RITMO - Black Eyed Peas/J Balvin
#49: Good As Hell - Lizzo
#63: What A Man Gotta Do - Jonas Brothers
#67: Yummy - Justin Bieber
#80: The Other Side - SZA/Justin Timberlake
#94: Know Your Worth - Khalid/Disclosure
#95: SUGAR - BROCKHAMPTON
#96: To Die For - Sam Smith
#99: Sunday Best - Surfaces

Top 10 on the Hunger Games Countdown
#10: Fight - Tayla Parx/Florida Georgia Line
#9: hot girl bummer - blackbear
#8: Dream Boy - Waterparks
#7: Don't Let It Break Your Heart - Louis Tomlinson
#6: frick, i'm lonely - Lauv/Anne-Marie
#5: Anyone - Demi Lovato
#4: Rare - Selena Gomez
#3: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#2: Higher Love - Kygo/Whitney Houston
#1: Lights Up - Harry Styles

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all very soon.

30 comments:

  1. First.

    YAY FOR FALLING TO DEBUT HITS 1. SO SHOULD GLITTER, SINCE SUPALONELY IS ON.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE OTHER GIRL SOOOOOO MUCH IT'S MY FAVORITE SONG RIGHT NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well....everything i wanted must really be getting on your nerves, beluga.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing that Say So is no longer the worst song on the countdown (personally, I think it's one of the best songs)

      Delete
    2. #teamsayso
      #teamsomebodythatiusedtoknow
      #teamnoswearing
      #teambobdylan
      #teamivebeenwaiting
      #teamnocoronavirus
      #teamnocoronavirus

      Delete
    3. Yeah... I might be changing my mind on Say So.

      Delete
    4. You mean that you're starting to like the song?

      Delete
    5. I don't find it as horrible as I used to

      Delete
    6. Finally. Say So is actually really good, and the clean version just killed the song as a whole. It all seems out of place with them filtering basically every other word during the rap/singing verse.

      Delete
  4. #teamnosomebodythatiusedtoknow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sigh* Yet another person has betrayed me...

      Delete
    2. I mean........ it's decent

      Delete
    3. Ok, I'll take that. But some people straight-up hate it (probably because of Gotye's voice and the yelling in the chorus), and that just annoys me really badly, since it's currently my favorite song on Crownnote (check out my rankdown on that very same website).

      Delete
    4. I haven't listened to the whole song yet so I'll tell my opinion after I do that

      Delete
    5. Well, I don't judge people based on their song opinions, so it's not that big of a deal. If you hate it, you hate it, and that's totally fine.

      Delete
    6. I'm with 13Bubby on this one

      Delete
    7. Well, I don't judge people based on their song opinions, so it's not that big of a deal. If you hate it, you hate it, and that's totally fine with me.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Sorry, just got a new email and realized that the profile photo is wrong.

      Delete
  6. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Just To Forget-Claud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #1 recommendation for Hits 1
      Underdog Alicia Keys

      Delete
    2. Have you even listened to Just To Forget???

      Delete
    3. Yep. I was skeptical when I heard about it, but then I listened to it and now I LOVE it.

      Delete
  7. Don't forget to do callout scores if you haven't already!

    https://forms.gle/fSy4xbpwjfJtvNi79

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)