Sunday, March 1, 2020

Week of February 29, 2020 - Harry Styles (3)

Harry Styles (3)

hi i’m tired

Song We’re Saying Goodbye To
Push My Luck - The Chainsmokers (#34) [#19] {7 weeks}

Last Week’s #1: Adore You - Harry Styles (2)

#45: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello (-2) [#3] {34 weeks}
#44: Truth Hurts - Lizzo (-) [#2] {34 weeks}
#43: What Am I - Why Don’t We (+2) [#14] {22 weeks}
#42: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer (-1) [2 weeks at #1] {55 weeks}
#41: Lover (Remix) - Taylor Swift/Shawn Mendes (-1) [#3] {22 weeks}
#40: Make You Mine - PUBLIC (-7) [#17] {34 weeks}
#39: How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith (+3) [#11] {26 weeks}
#38: 10/10 - Rex Orange County (-14) [#24] {5 weeks}
#37: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes (-) [9 weeks at #1] {43 weeks}
#36: Wanted - OneRepublic (-9) [#11] {11 weeks}
#35: Heartless - The Weeknd (-4) [#30] {4 weeks}
#34: Fight - Tayla Parx/Florida Georgia Line (-12) [#22] {5 weeks}
#33: Modern Loneliness - Lauv (DEBUT) [1 week in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#32: Cuz I Love You - Lizzo (+3) [#29] {5 weeks}
#31: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber (+1) [#9] {20 weeks}
#30: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez (-) [#3] {17 weeks}
#29: Bob Dylan - Fall Out Boy (-) [#18] {8 weeks}
#28: Memories - Maroon 5 (-17) [#10] {22 weeks}
#27: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd (+12) [#27] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#26: You should be sad - Halsey (-) [#23] {4 weeks}
#25: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid (-) [1 week at #1] {26 weeks}
#24: Dance Monkey - Tones and I (+4) [#21] {18 weeks}
#23: Demons - Alec Benjamin (-3) [#20] {4 weeks}
#22: The Man - Taylor Swift (+1) [#22] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#21: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer (-4) [3 weeks at #1] {40 weeks}
#20: If The World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels (+18) [#20] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#19: Good As Hell - Lizzo (-) [#3] {21 weeks}
#18: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi (-3) [3 weeks at #1] {45 weeks}
#17: Rare - Selena Gomez (+4) [#17] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#16: Only Human - Jonas Brothers (-3) [1 week at #1] {22 weeks}
#15: Some Kind Of Disaster - All Time Low (+21) [#15] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#14: Say So - Doja Cat (+2) [#14] {7 weeks} *new peak*
#13: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish (+5) [#13] {8 weeks} *new peak*
#12: My Oh My - Camila Cabello (-) [#12] {7 weeks}
#11: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi (-2) [#9] {4 weeks}
#10: Graveyard - Halsey (-3) [#3] {24 weeks}
#9: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas (+5) [#9] {13 weeks} *new peak*
#8: What A Man Gotta Do - Jonas Brothers (-2) [#6] {5 weeks}
#7: South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B (+3) [#7] {11 weeks} *new peak*
#6: hot girl bummer - blackbear (+2) [#6] {7 weeks} *new peak*
#5: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa (-) [#4] {11 weeks}
#4: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan (-1) [8 weeks] {20 weeks}
#3: Circles - Post Malone (-1) [2 weeks at #1] {22 weeks}
#2: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer (+2) [2 weeks at #1] {19 weeks}
#1: Adore You - Harry Styles (-) [3rd week at #1] {12 weeks}

Last Year’s #1: This Feeling - The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini [7/7 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: me & ur ghost - blackbear

Forget everything I said about Modern Loneliness last week. I like it now. I find Lauv’s voice is pretty great here, and the chorus is actually quite catchy. The layering in the chorus complements the song really nicely, and the writing is also really great, which is another thing that Lauv does really well. So overall, this is pretty good. Do I see it becoming a hit here? No, not really.

Biggest DROP!!!: Memories - Maroon 5 (-17): This song was starting to get kind of annoying, so I’m pretty glad it started dropping. I’m not so sure I like it anymore.

Biggest Jump: Some Kind Of Disaster - All Time Low (+21): This song however is very good and I’m very happy it’s now a top 15 hit. I’d love to see this do well here.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#4: 10/10 - Rex Orange County
#3: If The World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels
#2: Some Kind Of Disaster - All Time Low
#1: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: Adore You - Harry Styles
#4: Heartless - The Weeknd
#3: Cuz I Love You - Lizzo
#2: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish
#1: Say So - Doja Cat

Top 20 Ranking

0 - Crap:
#20: Say So - Doja Cat
#19: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish
#18: Adore You - Harry Styles

1 - Bad:
#17: Rare - Selena Gomez

2 - Mediocre:
#16: Graveyard - Halsey

3 - Decent:
#15: Only Human - Jonas Brothers
#14: Good As Hell - Lizzo
#13: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer
#12: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi

4 - Good:
#11: My Oh My - Camila Cabello
#10: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan
#9: South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B

5 - Great:
#8: Circles - Post Malone
#7: What A Man Gotta Do - Jonas Brothers
#6: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa
#5: hot girl bummer - blackbear
#4: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas
#3: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#2: If The World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels
#1: Some Kind Of Disaster - All Time Low

Overall Score: 67/100 = 67%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello, Truth Hurts - Lizzo & Make You Mine - PUBLIC {34 weeks}
#4: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer {40 weeks}
#3: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes {43 weeks}
#2: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi {45 weeks}
#1: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer {55 weeks}

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Bang! - AJR

My Favourite Song Last Year: Bad Liar - Imagine Dragons

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: 7 rings - Ariana Grande

Hit-Bound
Know Your Worth - Khalid/Disclosure [3]
Stupid Love - Lady Gaga [1]
Don’t Let It Break Your Heart - Louis Tomlinson [6*]
me & ur ghost - blackbear [4]
Physical - Dua Lipa [4]
No Judgement - Niall Horan [3]
Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles [?]
Falling - Trevor Daniel [3]
Old Me - 5 Seconds of Summer [2]
Nice to Meet Ya - Meghan Trainor/Nicki Minaj [4]
Maniac - Conan Gray [2]
To Die For - Sam Smith [3]
Oh My God - Alec Benjamin [2]
Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo [3]
Take What You Want - Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott [17]

Also Available For Vote
Sunday Best - Surfaces [1]
The Other Side - SZA/Justin Timberlake [1]

Our only debut actually on Hit-Bound this week comes from Lady Gaga. It’s called Stupid Love, and it’s essentially just Born This Way with a drop. Which is to say, really really good. Gaga sounds really great here, and I love the vibes this song is giving. This is very early-10s, and I’m in love with it. This will probably debut next week, and I’m very excited.

Our first debut not on Hit-Bound is a song that was on the YouTube 15 a really long time ago. Like, mid-August long ago. I’m not even sure why it’s big now. But anyways, my opinion on Sunday Best by Surfaces still stands. I find it super annoying and his voice is not great at all. I’m really not liking the beat or really anything in this song. Hard pass for me.

Next up we have another Justin Timberlake song from the new Trolls movie, because as long as they have him, they have to milk him. But luckily, they added SZA on The Other Side, and they gave her a bigger part than him. I’m glad they didn’t just make this another CAN’T STOP THE FEELING!, because even though I liked that, I don’t think I could stand another, because I know he’s capable of not being all that pop-y. I didn’t really get a great listen, so me putting it in blue is just a placeholder for now.

Best Debut: Stupid Love - Lady Gaga

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Crap:
#17: Falling - Trevor Daniel
#16: Sunday Best - Surfaces

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
NONE!

3 - Decent:
#15: Old Me - 5 Seconds of Summer
#14: Know Your Worth - Khalid/Disclosure
#13: The Other Side - SZA/Justin Timberlake

4 - Good:
#12: Oh My God - Alec Benjamin
#11: Nice to Meet Ya - Meghan Trainor/Nicki Minaj
#10: No Judgement - Niall Horan
#9: To Die For - Sam Smith
#8: Maniac - Conan Gray

5 - Great:
#7: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#6: Physical - Dua Lipa
#5: me & ur ghost - blackbear
#4: Take What You Want - Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott
#3: Don’t Let It Break Your Heart - Louis Tomlinson
#2: Stupid Love - Lady Gaga
#1: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo

Overall Score: 64/85 = 75%

Modern Blurb-iness

We lost Push My Luck this week. It was pretty good, but I get it because it wasn’t a huge single.

Make You Mine is finally making its way to the bottom, five years after its release.

Too bad 10/10 had a super short-lived run.

Thankfully so did Fight. That song was starting to get on my nerves.

OOOOOOH I’M BLINDED BY THE LIGHTS!!!

Y’know what’s weird? I actually like You should be sad a lot now. It’s a weird feeling to like a Halsey song.

If Dance Monkey could please keep jumping, that would be great, thank you!

If The World Was Ending made it into the top 20, which is great! I’d definitely love to see this become a hit. It’s a great song.

For some reason, Say So and everything i wanted hit the top 15. I really don’t want these songs to be hits, but I think I’m just gonna have to deal with it.

ROXANNE hit the top 10 finally!

For some reason Teeth is up at #2. If we could not have this at #1 again, that would probably be prefered.

Take What You Want is still in Hit-Bound. I really hope this doesn't become another maybe, i'm afraid where they just keep it for too long. So either debut or get out of here.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#3: Circles - Post Malone
#4: Dance Monkey - Tones and I
#5: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa
#6: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas
#7: Memories - Maroon 5
#8: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#9: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo
#10: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#11: Yummy - Justin Bieber
#12: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish
#13: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber
#14: Heartless - The Weeknd
#15: hot girl bummer - blackbear
#20: Adore You - Harry Styles
#21: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez
#22: Good As Hell - Lizzo
#25: My Oh My - Camila Cabello/DaBaby
#27: Falling - Trevor Daniel
#29: You should be sad - Halsey
#30: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#32: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello
#33: What A Man Gotta Do - Jonas Brothers
#37: Trampoline - SHAED
#39: I Don’t Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber
#41: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#42: Only Human - Jonas Brothers
#45: Truth Hurts - Lizzo
#46: To Die For - Sam Smith
#51: Say So - Doja Cat
#59: South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B
#76: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#78: Know Your Worth - Khalid/Disclosure
#90: Rare - Selena Gomez

Top 10 on the Hunger Games Countdown
#10: Raising Hell - Kesha/Big Freedia
#9: Dream Boy - Waterparks
#8: Say So - Doja Cat
#7: Up All Night - Khalid
#6: Fight - Tayla Parx/Florida Georgia Line
#5: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#4: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer
#3: 10/10 - Rex Orange County
#2: We Made It - Louis Tomlinson
#1: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all very soon.

19 comments:

  1. Some thoughts:
    -I’m glad Say So and Everything I Wanted are in the top 15. Both are great songs
    -A big no to Bang!
    - Hot Girl Bummer needs to GTFO
    - Stupid Love is great
    -Number one recommendation- 100 Gecs ft. Charli XCX, Rico Nasty, and Kero Kero Benito - Ringtone (remix)

    When do you expect to start the small hits Rankdown?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I THOUGHT DLIBYH DEBUTED BC LAST WEEK WAS A COUNTDOWN EXTRA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DANCE MONKEY SHOULD FALL INTO THE BOTTOM 5 next week bc it is off the poll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm. There were 3 HitBound entrants Beluga not 1.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to go vote for TWYW like a million times because it NEEDS to debut or I'm going to go insane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Mini-Review of Bang! by AJR
    This song is good. The vocals and guitar are on point. Would love to see it enter HitBound. But in the part with the production speaking right before the chorus and in the second verse, it's just so weird. I can't get past it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. The speaking is super weird. But I just love AJR, and the carnival-ish vibe is pretty cool

      Delete
  7. Hits 1 updated the voting poll!

    Unavailable:
    Graveyard - Halsey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oof to Graveyard. I really wished it hit #1, but I guess this is why Hits 1 fans can't have nice things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also what happened to the Hot 100 in Alphabetical Order tab? It disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know. It felt kind of pointless, because it's so much easier to just find the Hot 100 online.

      Delete
  10. Hit-Bound (Part 1):
    To Die For - Sam Smith
    The Other Side - SZA/Justin Timberlake (DEBUT)
    SUGAR - BROCKHAMPTON (DEBUT)
    No Judgement - Niall Horan
    Physical - Dua Lipa
    Sunday Best - Surfaces (DEBUT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hit-Bound (Part 2):
      Oh My God - Alec Benjamin
      Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo
      Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
      Old Me - 5 Seconds of Summer
      Know Your Worth - Khalid/Disclosure
      Maniac - Conan Gray
      Nice to Meet Ya - Meghan Trainor/Nicki Minaj
      Don't Let It Break Your Heart - Louis Tomlinson
      RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) - Black Eyed Peas/J Balvin

      Delete
    2. *RITMO is a debut

      Delete
  11. it's not on the voting poll. It's not a debut.

    ReplyDelete
  12. #1 recommendation for Hits 1
    Vulnerable- Selena Gomez

    ReplyDelete
  13. "I know he's capable of not being that pop-y"
    That's really funny because in trolls one of the characters is poppy

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)