Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Week of February 22, 2020 - Harry Styles (2)

Harry Styles (2)

Hey guys, sorry about the late post, but I just wanna say that I’m on crownnote now, which is just basically a really cool site where it makes it super-easy to make your own personal countdown. Definitely check it out if you haven’t already, here’s a link to my profile, where you can check out my top 25 songs of the week! Every week!

Songs We’re Saying Goodbye To
Raising Hell - Kesha/Big Freedia (#42) [#20] {14 weeks}
I Hate LA - Hot Chelle Rae (#41) [#27] {11 weeks}
Yummy - Justin Bieber (#36) [#31] {5 weeks}

Last Week’s #1: Adore You - Harry Styles (1)

#45: What Am I - Why Don’t We (-5) [#14] {21 weeks}
#44: Truth Hurts - Lizzo (+1) [#2] {33 weeks}
#43: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello (+1) [#3] {33 weeks}
#42: How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith (-4) [#11] {25 weeks}
#41: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer (+2) [2 weeks at #1] {53 weeks}
#40: Lover (Remix) - Taylor Swift/Shawn Mendes (-11) [#3] {21 weeks}
#39: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd (DEBUT) [1 week in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#38: If The World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels (DEBUT) [2 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#37: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes (-3) [9 weeks at #1] {42 weeks}
#36: Some Kind Of Disaster - All Time Low (+1) [#36] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#35: Cuz I Love You - Lizzo (-3) [#29] {4 weeks}
#34: Push My Luck - The Chainsmokers (-1) [#19] {7 weeks}
#33: Make You Mine - PUBLIC (-7) [#17] {33 weeks}
#32: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber (-12) [#9] {19 weeks}
#31: Heartless - The Weeknd (-1) [#30] {3 weeks}
#30: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez (-17) [#3] {16 weeks}
#29: Bob Dylan - Fall Out Boy (-5) [#18] {7 weeks}
#28: Dance Monkey - Tones and I (-1) [#21] {17 weeks}
#27: Wanted - OneRepublic (-15) [#11] {10 weeks}
#26: You should be sad - Halsey (-3) [#23] {3 weeks}
#25: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid (-3) [1 week at #1] {25 weeks}
#24: 10/10 - Rex Orange County (+11) [#24] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#23: The Man - Taylor Swift (+27) [#23] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#22: Fight - Tayla Parx/Florida Georgia Line (+6) [#22] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#21: Rare - Selena Gomez (DEBUT) [6* weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#20: Demons - Alec Benjamin (+11) [#20] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#19: Good As Hell - Lizzo (+2) [#3] {20 weeks}
#18: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish (+7) [#18] {7 weeks} *new peak*
#17: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer (-3) [3 weeks at #1] {39 weeks}
#16: Say So - Doja Cat (+3) [#16] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#15: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi (-8) [3 weeks at #1] {44 weeks}
#14: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas (+3) [#14] {12 weeks} *new peak*
#13: Only Human - Jonas Brothers (+3) [1 week at #1] {21 weeks}
#12: My Oh My - Camila Cabello (+3) [#12] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#11: Memories - Maroon 5 (-1) [#10] {21 weeks}
#10: South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B (-1) [#9] {10 weeks}
#9: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi (+9) [#9] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#8: hot girl bummer - blackbear (+3) [#8] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#7: Graveyard - Halsey (-1) [#3] {23 weeks}
#6: What A Man Gotta Do - Jonas Brothers (+2) [#6] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#5: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa (-1) [#4] {10 weeks}
#4: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer (+1) [2 weeks at #1] {18 weeks}
#3: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan (-) [8 weeks at #1] {19 weeks}
#2: Circles - Post Malone (-) [2 weeks at #1] {21 weeks}
#1: Adore You - Harry Styles (-) [2nd week at #1] {11 weeks}

Last Year’s #1: This Feeling - The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini [6/7 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: Don’t Let It Break Your Heart - Louis Tomlinson

Despite debuting pretty low, it’s actually quite a good sign for our next song, since it just came fresh out of one week in Hit-Bound. Blinding Lights by The Weeknd is hands-down my favourite song of the year so far. This is infinitely better than Heartless, as Abel has much more charisma in his voice, and the track works a lot better in this. This song has a great soaring synth-chorus thing, and the 80s vibe fits The Weeknd’s voice nicely. The great part is, this has already hit the top 10 on the Hot 100, and I can definitely see this being a hit here.

Right after that, we have If The World Was Ending by JP Saxe and Julia Michaels. I love this song also. (bad grammar = comedy) (trust me) Both JP and Julia sound really great together, and this song is a super nice ballad with some great writing. I mean, it’s Julia Michaels. If you don’t know what her writing is like, you obviously haven’t heard a song she’s written. And although she’s not the absolute most talented singer out there, she for sure makes up for it. This is a great song that probably won’t gain any traction here.

Apparently we’re going from worst to best on this week’s debuts, because of course my least favourite debut debuts one spot outside the top 20. Rare is Selena’s third single from her album of the same name, and I have to say, I prefered Lose You To Love Me and Look At Her Now. I feel like the simplicity really didn’t work out here. I am starting to get the appeal here, and it is quite catchy, but I just don’t enjoy her voice with the simple bassline and it can get quite boring at times. I would prefer if this was not a bigger hit than Lose You To Love Me, but that’s not really up to me. #voteforloseyoutolovemeeventhoughyoucan’t *i'm pretty sure you know what this sign means at this point

Best Debut: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd

Biggest DROP!!!: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez (-17): Ah shoot. I really wish this was a bigger hit here. I mean, to be fair, it did hit #3, but I wish it stuck around for more than a week after that.

Biggest Jump: The Man - Taylor Swift (+27): Great! I’d love to see this become a hit, and I have no doubt it’ll hit #1 here. Or anywhere, for that matter.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: hot girl bummer - blackbear
#4: If The World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels
#3: 10/10 - Rex Orange County
#2: Some Kind Of Disaster - All Time Low
#1: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: Cuz I Love You - Lizzo
#4: Heartless - The Weeknd
#3: Truth Hurts - Lizzo
#2: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish
#1: Say So - Doja Cat

Top 20 Ranking

0 - Crap:
#20: Say So - Doja Cat
#19: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish
#18: Adore You - Harry Styles

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#17: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer
#16: Good As Hell - Lizzo

3 - Decent:
#15: Graveyard - Halsey
#14: Only Human - Jonas Brothers
#13: Demons - Alec Benjamin
#12: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#11: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer

4 - Good:
#10: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan
#9: Memories - Maroon 5
#8: My Oh My - Camila Cabello

5 - Great:
#7: South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B
#6: Circles - Post Malone
#5: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa
#4: What A Man Gotta Do - Jonas Brothers
#3: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas
#2: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#1: hot girl bummer - blackbear

Overall Score: 66/100 = 66%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Truth Hurts - Lizzo, Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello & Make You Mine - PUBLIC
#4: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer
#3: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes
#2: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#1: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) - Black Eyed Peas/J Balvin

My Favourite Song Last Year: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: 7 rings - Ariana Grande

Hit-Bound
Falling - Trevor Daniel [2]
Oh My God - Alec Benjamin [1]
Physical - Dua Lipa [3]
Maniac - Conan Gray [1]
Know Your Worth - Khalid/Disclosure [2]
Old Me - 5 Seconds of Summer [1]
No Judgement - Niall Horan [2]
Take What You Want - Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott [16]
Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles [?]
To Die For - Sam Smith [2]
Don’t Let It Break Your Heart - Louis Tomlinson [5*]
Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo [2]
Modern Loneliness - Lauv [1]
Nice to Meet Ya - Meghan Trainor/Nicki Minaj [3]
me & ur ghost - blackbear [3]

Our first debut this week comes from Alec Benjamin, because Hits 1 can’t let a song by him slip by. However, Oh My God is the best he’s released from this next album. It fixes the problem that every other song from him has, as in it actually has some life to it, although the entire song does kind of feel like it’s building up to something that doesn’t ever actually happen. I’m not sure if I was expecting a drop or something, but there definitely should’ve been something after the chorus.

After that, we have a surprisingly enjoyable song by some dude called Conan Gray. It’s called Maniac, and I actually really like this song. He has a really good voice, and the chorus is one of the catchiest choruses I’ve heard yet this year. Should this be a hit? Yeah, sure why not. This is one of the songs that I love that we get from new artists around this time of year. (Last year, Be Alright, You Say, Eastside) I’d love to see this debut soon.

We also get some more 5 Seconds of Summer this week, because Hits 1. Now, don’t get me wrong, Old Me isn’t bad. It’s not great though. Teeth was for sure better, because the rock vibe added a lot to the song, but this song is honestly kind of forgettable. Which is odd from a 5SOS song, because they always seem to give us pretty catchy stuff.

Finally, we have Modern Loneliness by Lauv. Um. This exists. It’s not good, but it’s not bad… it feels like a bit of a space-filler. The chorus isn’t bad- I mean, the whole song isn’t bad, but the chorus is pretty solid. If I’m being honest, this probably won’t do very well here. Even if it does, I highly doubt it’ll take off anywhere else.

Best Debut: Maniac - Conan Gray

Hit-Bound Ranking:

0 - Crap:
#15: Falling - Trevor Daniel

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#14: Modern Loneliness - Lauv
#13: Old Me - 5 Seconds of Summer

3 - Decent:
#12: Know Your Worth - Khalid/Disclosure
#11: Oh My God - Alec Benjamin

4 - Good:
#10: Nice to Meet Ya - Meghan Trainor/Nicki Minaj
#9: No Judgement - Niall Horan
#8: To Die For - Sam Smith
#7: Maniac - Conan Gray

5 - Great:
#6: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#5: me & ur ghost - blackbear
#4: Physical - Dua Lipa
#3: Don’t Let It Break Your Heart - Louis Tomlinson
#2: Take What You Want - Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott
#1: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo

Overall Score: 56/75 = 75%

If the world was blurbing, you’d come over, right?

We lost Anyone off of Hit-Bound this week. This is good, because that song was starting to get really grating with Demi sounding like she’s just barely hitting every. single. note.

Off of the countdown, we lost Raising Hell, I Hate LA and Yummy. I honestly don’t care about any of these dropouts. Raising Hell was just kind of boring. But I Hate LA and Yummy were really bad, and it’s glad to see Yummy drop, since I didn’t think Hits 1 would let that happen to a Justin Bieber song.

What Am I looks like it might be on its way out soon. I’m really happy with the amount of success this got, so I’m okay with that.

Some Kind Of Disaster is picking up all kinds of airplay this week, so I’m not too worried about it only jumping one spot.

Glad to see Cuz I Love You and Wanted not performing well.

10/10 jumped over 10 spots this week, and is looking very close to the top 20, which would be great, because I actually kind of love this song.

However, can we please not have Fight in the top 20?

For some reason, I'm really liking You should be sad right now. So that's what's new.

I’m kind of okay with Demons being in the top 20, but did it really have to bring everything i wanted with it?

ROXANNE, ROXANNE! ALL SHE WANNA DO IS PARTY ALL NIGHT!!! (We love to hear it)

Before You Go and hot girl bummer made it into the top 10 this week, which is nice since both songs are amazing.

What A Man Gotta Do be checking out that top 5 right there.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#3: Circles - Post Malone
#4: Memories - Maroon 5
#5: Dance Monkey - Tones and I
#6: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa
#7: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas
#8: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#9: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber
#10: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish
#11: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo
#12: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#13: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez
#16: hot girl bummer - blackbear
#17: Heartless - The Weeknd
#19: Yummy - Justin Bieber
#20: Good As Hell - Lizzo
#22: Adore You - Harry Styles
#25: Falling - Trevor Daniel
#26: My Oh My - Camila Cabello/DaBaby
#29: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#31: You should be sad - Halsey
#32: What A Man Gotta Do - Jonas Brothers
#33: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello
#35: Trampoline - SHAED
#37: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#39: Only Human - Jonas Brothers
#40: I Don’t Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber
#41: Truth Hurts - Lizzo
#50: South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B
#57: Know Your Worth - Khalid/Disclosure
#58: Say So - Doja Cat
#71: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#87: Rare - Selena Gomez
#97: No Judgement - Niall Horan

Top 10 on the Hunger Games Countdown
#10: The Hype - Twenty One Pilots
#9: Cuz I Love You - Lizzo
#8: Small Talk - Katy Perry
#7: Raising Hell - Kesha/Big Freedia
#6: Circles - Post Malone
#5: Up All Night - Khalid
#4: Lights Up - Harry Styles
#3: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer
#2: Graveyard - Halsey
#1: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all very soon.

5 comments:

  1. Followed you on crownnote!
    Here is mine- http://crownnote.com/users/bb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m kind of okay with Demons being in the top 20, but did it really have to bring everything i wanted with it?

    Yes, Beluga, it did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything I Wanted >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Demons

      I love Billie Eilish <3

      Delete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)