Sunday, January 5, 2020

Week of January 4, 2020 - Niall Horan (5)

Niall Horan (5)

Well, for no debuts this week, it was still a surprisingly eventful week, so let’s just get right into it because, as I said, no debuts. (Which means no exits). Anyways, hope this is what you guys Wanted.





I mean, at this point, you're just gonna have to deal with it.

Last Week’s #1: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan (4)

#45: Liar - Camila Cabello (-1) [#21]
#44: Dear Winter - AJR (+1) [#30]
#43: One Thing Right - Marshmello/Kane Brown (-22) [#15]
#42: Sucker - Jonas Brothers (+1) [13 weeks at #1]
#41: Nightmare - Halsey (-) [#2]
#40: Time - NF (-14) [#24]
#39: If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin (-) [#3]
#38: Panini - Lil Nas X (+2) [#38]
#37: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift (-1) [1 week at #1]
#36: Purple Hat - Sofi Tukker (+6) [#36] *new peak*
#35: Dear Future Self (Hands Up) - Fall Out Boy/Wyclef Jean (+2) [#18]
#34: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello (-4) [#3]
#33: The Hype - Twenty One Pilots (-2) [#9]
#32: Dance Monkey - Tones and I (+6) [#27]
#31: Into the Unknown - Panic! At The Disco (-3) [#24]
#30: Truth Hurts - Lizzo (-11) [#2]
#29: Lonely - Diplo/Jonas Brothers (-4) [#21]
#28: Trampoline - SHAED (-11) [#17]
#27: I Hate LA - Hot Chelle Rae (+8) [#27] *new peak*
#26: Raising Hell - Kesha/Big Freedia (+8) [#26] *new peak*
#25: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes (-5) [9 weeks at #1]
#24: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa (+8) [#24] *new peak*
#23: Wanted - OneRepublic (+10) [#23] *new peak*
#22: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer (-6) [2 weeks at #1]
#21: We Made It - Louis Tomlinson (+6) [#21] *new peak*
#20: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas (+9) [#20] *new peak*
#19: Mother - Charlie Puth (-5) [#14]
#18: South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B (+5) [#18] *new peak*
#17: Make You Mine - PUBLIC (+7) [#17] *new peak*
#16: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez (-3) [#12]
#15: Adore You - Harry Styles (+3) [#15] *new peak*
#14: What Am I - Why Don’t We (+8) [#14] *new peak*
#13: How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith (-1) [#11]
#12: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber (-3) [#9]
#11: Lover (Remix) - Taylor Swift/Shawn Mendes (-) [#6]
#10: Memories - Maroon 5 (+5) [#10] *new peak*
#9: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer (-1) [3 weeks at #1]
#8: Good As Hell - Lizzo (+2) [#3]
#7: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid (-2) [1 week at #1]
#6: Graveyard - Halsey (+1) [#3]
#5: Only Human - Jonas Brothers (-1) [1 week at #1]
#4: Circles - Post Malone (+2) [#2]
#3: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer (-1) [2 weeks at #1]
#2: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi (+1) [3 weeks at #1]
#1: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan (-) [5th week at #1; 5th week IAR (in a row)]

Last Year’s #1: This Feeling - The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini [4/7 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: Good Thing - Zedd/Kehlani

Biggest DROP!!!: One Thing Right - Marshmello/Kane Brown (-22): Oh well. This already started flopping and Hits 1 kind of jumped on it kind of late.

Biggest Jump: Wanted - OneRepublic (+10): Dang it.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B (#18)
#4: Trampoline - SHAED (#28)
#3: Time - NF (#40)
#2: Dance Monkey - Tones and I (#32)
#1: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas (#20)

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: Wanted - OneRepublic (#23)
#4: I Hate LA - Hot Chelle Rae (#27)
#3: Nightmare - Halsey (#41)
#2: Dear Winter - AJR (#44)
#1: Truth Hurts - Lizzo (#30)

Top 20 Ranking

0 - Crap:
#20: Adore You - Harry Styles
#19: Mother - Charlie Puth

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#18: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer

3 - Decent:
#17: Graveyard - Halsey
#16: Good As Hell - Lizzo
#15: Make You Mine - PUBLIC

4 - Good:
#14: Only Human - Jonas Brothers
#13: How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith
#12: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber
#11: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer
#10: Lover (Remix) - Taylor Swift/Shawn Mendes
#9: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid

5 - Great:
#8: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan
#7: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#6: Memories - Maroon 5
#5: What Am I - Why Don’t We
#4: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez
#3: Circles - Post Malone
#2: South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B

6 - Bonus: Best Song on the Countdown:
#1: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas

Overall Score: 76/100 = 76%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Nightmare - Halsey (#41)
#4: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes (#25)
#3: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi (#2)
#2: Sucker - Jonas Brothers (#42)
#1: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer (#22)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Yellow Hearts - Ant Saunders

My Favourite Song Last Year: Sunflower - Post Malone/Swae Lee (#12)

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: I Wanna Know - NOTD/Bea Miller (#45)

Hit-Bound
Play Your Game - X Lovers [3]
Finally // beautiful stranger - Halsey [4]
hot girl bummer - blackbear [5]
My Oh My - Camila Cabello [1]
Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi [4]
Cuz I Love You - Lizzo [3]
Push My Luck - The Chainsmokers [8*]
everything i wanted - Billie Eilish [8*]
Good Thing - Zedd/Kehlani [3]
Put A Little Love On Me - Niall Horan [4]
Walking - 88rising/Joji/Jackson Wang/Swae Lee/Major Lazer [5]
Bob Dylan - Fall Out Boy [8]
Take What You Want - Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott [9]
Mind Is A Prison - Alec Benjamin [3]
Slow Dance - AJ Mitchell/Ava Max [4]

Also Available For Vote
Yummy - Justin Bieber [1]
Say So - Doja Cat [1]
10/10 - Rex Orange County [1]
Fight - Tayla Parx/Florida Georgia Line [1]

So knocking out Living Proof this week, we get My Oh My by Camila Cabello (and not DaBaby). This song is really good, and I’m very happy it knocked out Living Proof, which was only okay. I love the vibe in this song. Wait, no. Honestly, this song is a vibe. Well, the DaBaby version, that is. He added a lot to the song, and the song honestly feels kind of bland without him. I’m hoping that Hits 1 adds him back, but I highly doubt it, since this is Hits 1 we’re talking about.

And then after that, we got 4 songs available for vote that didn’t make Hit-Bound. Our first is Yummy by Justin Bieber. Okay, I’m just gonna cut to the chase. I don’t like this. It feels choppy and messy and overall could’ve used some more flow, because in the chorus, there are parts where Justin sounds like he’s 15, but then some parts where he actually sounds like himself. And they’re all chopped together to make one big happy family. So yeah. I don’t like this.

Next we get yet another TiK ToK meme with Say So by Doja Cat. This song sucks. Doja Cat sounds really bad doing that high stuff, and honestly the entire song is really boring and I want to sleep. Goodnight!

Now we’re getting into the not-so-bad stuff with 10/10 by Orange Rex County. Now, I can’t remember much of this song, (which is never really a good sign) but from what I can remember, it wasn’t that bad. I’m pretty sure the guy was Australian, and there were some elements of the song that I really liked, but I can’t quite put my finger on at the moment.

I kind of forgot that Hits 1 stanned pop/Florida Georgia Line songs until they picked up on this one, Fight with Tayla Parx. This song’s pretty good. I like how their voices blend in the chorus, and yeah. That’s just about all I can remember for the moment.

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Crap:
#19: Cuz I Love You - Lizzo
#18: Say So - Doja Cat

1 - Bad:
#17: Yummy - Justin Bieber
#16: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish

2 - Mediocre:
#15: Play Your Game - X Lovers
#14: Mind Is A Prison - Alec Benjamin
#13: Finally // beautiful stranger - Halsey

3 - Decent:
#12: 10/10 - Rex Orange County
#11: Walking - 88rising/Joji/Jackson Wang/Swae Lee/Major Lazer

4 - Good:
#10: Push My Luck - The Chainsmokers
#9: Bob Dylan - Fall Out Boy
#8: My Oh My - Camila Cabello
#7: Put A Little Love On Me - Niall Horan

5 - Great:
#6: Fight - Tayla Parx/Florida Georgia Line
#5: hot girl bummer - blackbear
#4: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#3: Take What You Want - Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott
#2: Slow Dance - AJ Mitchell/Ava Max
#1: Good Thing - Zedd/Kehlani

Overall Score: 60/95 = 63%

Blurbs

Time fell a lot this week, which makes me very sad.

Purple Hat has started jumping. Hopefully, it’ll start dropping soon since it’s not even on the voting poll.

Dance Monkey has started jumping again. ;)

Truth Hurts started dropping! Except it brought Trampoline with it, which sucks.

Don’t Start Now is coming up to the top 20, which is great.

Honestly, I never really expected ROXANNE to hit top 20, but I’m very happy it did. My blog hasn’t had the 6 point bonus in the ranking in a really long time.

I’m not sure why Make You Mine hit a new peak, but whatever.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#5: Circles - Post Malone (#4)
#6: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas (#20)
#8: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi (#2)
#9: Memories - Maroon 5 (#10)
#10: Good As Hell - Lizzo (#8)
#14: Dance Monkey - Tones and I (#32)
#17: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber (#12)
#18: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez (#16)
#23: bad guy - Billie Eilish (Not Charting)
#26: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello (#34)
#30: Panini - Lil Nas X (#38)
#34: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus (Not Charting)
#35: Truth Hurts - Lizzo (#30)
#41: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish (Hit-Bound)
#46: Trampoline - SHAED (#28)
#52: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa (#24)
#53: Adore You - Harry Styles (#15)
#55: hot girl bummer - blackbear (Hit-Bound)
#57: Lover - Taylor Swift (#11)
#61: Graveyard - Halsey (#6)
#62: My Oh My - Camila Cabello/DaBaby (Hit-Bound)
#77: Take What You Want - Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott (Hit-Bound)
#79: Hate Me - Ellie Goulding/Juice WRLD (Not Charting)
#87: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles (Not Charting)
#93: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan (#1)
#100: South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B (#18)

Kay, hold on. I need to end this better. I can't just end it with this random part that I put in there just because I was bored. Hm. I need something to say. Uhhhhhh. "This is Beluga, swimming away". No, that's cringey. "Goodbye!" No, that's too boring. What's goodbye in Swahili?

Kwaheri, everybody. Eat your vegetables.

19 comments:

  1. "So knocking out Living Proof this week, we get My Oh My by Camila Cabello (and not DaBaby). This song is really good, and I’m very happy it knocked out Living Proof, which was only okay. I love the vibe in this song. Wait, no. Honestly, this song is a vibe. Well, the DaBaby version, that is. He added a lot to the song, and the song honestly feels kind of bland without him. I’m hoping that Hits 1 adds him back, but I highly doubt it, since this is Hits 1 we’re talking about."

    No it isn't really good at all it is terrible. I hate when Camila Cabello's fan shouts "MY OH MY." It is sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And then after that, we got 4 songs available for vote that didn’t make Hit-Bound. Our first is Yummy by Justin Bieber. Okay, I’m just gonna cut to the chase. I don’t like this. It feels choppy and messy and overall could’ve used some more flow, because in the chorus, there are parts where Justin sounds like he’s 15, but then some parts where he actually sounds like himself. And they’re all chopped together to make one big happy family. So yeah. I don’t like this."

    Of course I love Yummy it is such a great song. I am not going to cut the chase from Justin Bieber's lyrics. They are super catchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Next we get yet another TiK ToK meme with Say So by Doja Cat. This song sucks. Doja Cat sounds really bad doing that high stuff, and honestly the entire song is really boring and I want to sleep. Goodnight!"

    No not goodnight I love Doja Cat's song Say So and it is super upbeat like everybody wants to dance up and down. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Now we’re getting into the not-so-bad stuff with 10/10 by Orange Rex County. Now, I can’t remember much of this song, (which is never really a good sign) but from what I can remember, it wasn’t that bad. I’m pretty sure the guy was Australian, and there were some elements of the song that I really liked, but I can’t quite put my finger on at the moment."

    Never heard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I kind of forgot that Hits 1 stanned pop/Florida Georgia Line songs until they picked up on this one, Fight with Tayla Parx. This song’s pretty good. I like how their voices blend in the chorus, and yeah. That’s just about all I can remember for the moment."

    I don't that song really I need to take a listen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Time fell a lot this week, which makes me very sad."

    I am very happy that Time fell a lot this week. Good riddance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Purple Hat has started jumping. Hopefully, it’ll start dropping soon since it’s not even on the voting poll."

    Agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Truth Hurts started dropping! Except it brought Trampoline with it, which sucks."

    No I am glad that both Truth Hurts and Trampoline dropped. They are annoying already.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Dance Monkey has started jumping again. ;)"

    FUDGE DANCE MONKEY JUMPING IT NEEDS TO LEAVE THIS FUDGING SECTION IT IS CRAP.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Don’t Start Now is coming up to the top 20, which is great."

    Agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Honestly, I never really expected ROXANNE to hit top 20, but I’m very happy it did. My blog hasn’t had the 6 point bonus in the ranking in a really long time."

    Agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "I’m not sure why Make You Mine hit a new peak, but whatever."

    Because it is annoying and it needs to leave the section. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Kay, hold on. I need to end this better. I can't just end it with this random part that I put in there just because I was bored. Hm. I need something to say. Uhhhhhh. "This is Beluga, swimming away". No, that's cringey. "Goodbye!" No, that's too boring. What's goodbye in Swahili?

    Kwaheri, everybody. Eat your vegetables."

    Wait Beluga where did you get this information??? No Beluga please don't do that it is inappropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't understand this comment section

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)