Sunday, January 19, 2020

Week of January 18, 2020 - Niall Horan (7)

Niall Horan (7)

ERROR 458: INTRO DID NOT LOAD. ALSO BELUGA IS RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS. HAHA. COMEDY.


































...Okay, so I know this is ruining the joke, but I just realized I never told you guys what my colour-coding was. So for anyone curious, if you haven't figured it out by now, here it is:

Orange = Worst Song on the Countdown/Hit-Bound
Red = Bad
Blue = Okay
Green = Good/Great
Purple = Best Song on the Countdown/Hit-Bound
Pink = Old
Yellow = Oldest Song on the Countdown

Okay, here we go for real this time.

Songs We’re Saying Goodbye To
Dear Winter - AJR (#45) [#30]
One Thing Right - Marshmello/Kane Brown (#44) [#15]
Purple Hat - Sofi Tukker (#42) [#36]
Lonely - Diplo/Jonas Brothers (#34) [#21]

Last Week’s #1: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan (6)

#45: Nightmare - Halsey (-2) [#2]
#44: If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin (-3) [#3]
#43: Panini - Lil Nas X (-3) [#38]
#42: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello (-3) [#3]
#41: Walking - 88rising/Joji/Jackson Wang/Swae Lee/Major Lazer (-5) [#36]
#40: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift (-3) [1 week at #1]
#39: hot girl bummer - blackbear (DEBUT) [6 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#38: The Hype - Twenty One Pilots (-3) [#9]
#37: Yummy - Justin Bieber (DEBUT) [2* weeks in Hit-Bound]
#36: Into the Unknown - Panic! At The Disco (-3) [#24]
#35: Say So - Doja Cat (DEBUT) [2* weeks in Hit-Bound]
#34: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer (-2) [2 weeks at #1]
#33: My Oh My - Camila Cabello (DEBUT) [2 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#32: I Hate LA - Hot Chelle Rae (-5) [#27]
#31: Trampoline - SHAED (-3) [#17]
#30: Truth Hurts - Lizzo (-) [#2]
#29: Wanted - OneRepublic (-12) [#17]
#28: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes (-3) [9 weeks at #1]
#27: Push My Luck - The Chainsmokers (-4) [#23]
#26: Bob Dylan - Fall Out Boy (+3) [#26] *new peak*
#25: Dance Monkey - Tones and I (+13) [#25] *new peak*
#24: Make You Mine - PUBLIC (-5) [#17]
#23: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish (+8) [#23] *new peak*
#22: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas (-) [#20]
#21: What Am I - Why Don’t We (-7) [#14]
#20: Raising Hell - Kesha/Big Freedia (+4) [#20] *new peak*
#19: Memories - Maroon 5 (-7) [#10]
#18: South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B (+2) [#18]
#17: We Made It - Louis Tomlinson (+4) [#17] *new peak*
#16: Lover (Remix) - Taylor Swift/Shawn Mendes (-13) [#3]
#15: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber (-5) [#9]
#14: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa (+12) [#14] *new peak*
#13: Mother - Charlie Puth (+5) [#13] *new peak*
#12: How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith (+1) [#11]
#11: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez (+4) [#11] *new peak*
#10: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer (-2) [3 weeks at #1]
#9: Graveyard - Halsey (+2) [#3]
#8: Good As Hell - Lizzo (-1) [#3]
#7: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer (-1) [2 weeks at #1]
#6: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid (+3) [1 week at #1]
#5: Adore You - Harry Styles (+11) [#5] *new peak*
#4: Circles - Post Malone (-) [#2]
#3: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi (+2) [3 weeks at #1]
#2: Only Human - Jonas Brothers (-) [1 week at #1]
#1: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan (-) [7th week at #1; 7th week IAR]

Last Year’s #1: Without Me - Halsey [2/5 weeks at #1]


Countdown Extra: Fight - Tayla Parx/Florida Georgia Line

So we got four debuts this week, starting with hot girl bummer by blackbear. I love this song. I don’t know why I like these meme songs so much, but I really do. This song’s vibe is just so cool. I kind of love the repetitive verses and honestly, I wish it the best here, (even though I don’t think it’ll do well.)

Next up is Yummy by Justin Bieber. I’m gonna cut to the chase: I don’t like this song. I find it kind of choppy, and honestly just really messy with the production. I don’t approve of this debuting at #2 on the Hot 100, and honestly I like The Box more. (I still don’t like it that much.) So yeah, I hope Justin’s next singles are better than this. *1 week on Hit-Bound, 2 weeks on Voting Poll

Next is Say So by Doja Cat. I don’t think I need to say much more than it came from Tik Tok, and I feel like you know why I hate this so much. Yeah, the entire song is really repetitive and her voice isn’t even that good. The rap section too is really bad. I feel like she just kind of slacked off on the rap part, and it really doesn’t have much of a presence. *1 week on Hit-Bound, 2 weeks on Voting Poll

At #33, with the highest debut, we have My Oh My by Camila Cabello. This is a really interesting song, and a really cool route for Camila to go, and it works really well with her voice. Unfortunately, it also works really well with DaBaby’s voice, and they edited him out. He had so much of a presence on this song, and it feels kind of empty and hollow without him. Also, they didn’t actually replace him with anything, so it’s kind of short. But yeah, a pretty good song, even without DaBaby.

Best Debut: hot girl bummer - blackbear

Biggest DROP!!!: Lover (Remix) - Taylor Swift/Shawn Mendes (-13): This was kind of unexpected. Oof.

Biggest Jump: Dance Monkey - Tones and I (+13): Let’s go!!! I’m really glad Hits 1 isn’t just discarding this song.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: Trampoline - SHAED
#4: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa
#3: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas
#2: Circles - Post Malone
#1: Dance Monkey - Tones and I

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish
#4: Yummy - Justin Bieber
#3: Nightmare - Halsey
#2: Truth Hurts - Lizzo
#1: Say So - Doja Cat

Top 20 Ranking

0 - Crap:
#20: Adore You - Harry Styles
#19: Mother - Charlie Puth

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#18: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer
#17: We Made It - Louis Tomlinson

3 - Decent:
#16: Raising Hell - Kesha/Big Freedia
#15: Graveyard - Halsey
#14: Good As Hell - Lizzo

4 - Good:
#13: Only Human - Jonas Brothers
#12: How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith
#11: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber
#10: Lover (Remix) - Taylor Swift/Shawn Mendes
#9: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer
#8: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#7: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan

5 - Great:
#6: Memories - Maroon 5
#5: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid
#4: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez
#3: South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B
#2: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa
#1: Circles - Post Malone

Overall Score: 71/100 = 71%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer
#4: Nightmare - Halsey
#3: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes
#2: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#1: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Own It - Stormzy/Burna Boy/Ed Sheeran

My Favourite Song Last Year: Sunflower - Post Malone/Swae Lee

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: Girls Like You - Maroon 5/Cardi B

Hit-Bound
Fight - Tayla Parx/Florida Georgia Line [3*]
You should be sad - Halsey [2]
Play Your Game - X Lovers [5]
Up All Night - Khalid [2*]
Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi [6]
Take What You Want - Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott [11]
Good Thing - Zedd/Kehlani [5]
Put A Little Love On Me - Niall Horan [6]
Demons - Alec Benjamin [1]
Cuz I Love You - Lizzo [5]
Make It Right - BTS/Lauv [2*]
10/10 - Rex Orange County [3*]
Rare - Selena Gomez [2*]
What A Man Gotta Do - Jonas Brothers [1]

Also Available For Vote
Heartless - The Weeknd [1]

Three new Hit-Bound songs this week, and our first one is yet another Alec Benjamin song, called Demons, replacing Mind Is A Prison, and yeah. This is significantly worse. Alec’s songs are really boring and uninteresting, and I don’t think he’s capable of making an exception to that. This song is just so boring that it has to go in red. He sounds almost bored in this song, and his falsetto is um… not good, except that’s the only thing he’s capable of doing, which makes for a not-great combo. Yeah, I hope this isn’t as huge as If We Have Each Other was here.

Next up, we have more Jonas Brothers, ‘cause they just released an album, so why not release a random single that's not from said album. This one’s called What A Man Gotta Do, and it’s pretty good. I mean, the Jonas Brothers seem like they’re showing us they’re really only capable of doing, like, two things, which is a super fun and energetic song, or a super chill ballad. This is a fun one, which is good because it makes for a better radio single. This is probably better than Only Human, but not as good as Sucker. I’d love to see this be another big single, and honestly I think it will, especially here.

And last and definitely least, we have the worse song by The Weeknd released one week called Heartless. I really wish they picked up on Blinding Lights instead, but this was the bigger single, so it makes sense, but still. This song is just annoying. It’s just Abel singing about how heartless he is, and how he’ll just kind of abandon you. I don’t get why people write songs like this. It makes no sense. The production here is weird too, (well, it is in Blinding Lights too, but that one actually works). So, no. This isn’t good.

Best Debut: What A Man Gotta Do - Jonas Brothers

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Crap:
#15: Cuz I Love You - Lizzo
#14: Heartless - The Weeknd
#13: Demons - Alec Benjamin

1 - Bad:
#12: Rare - Selena Gomez
#11: Play Your Game - X Lovers

2 - Mediocre:
NONE!

3 - Decent:
#10: You should be sad - Halsey
#9: 10/10 - Rex Orange County

4 - Good:
#8: Put A Little Love On Me - Niall Horan
#7: What A Man Gotta Do - Jonas Brothers
#6: Up All Night - Khalid

5 - Great:
#5: Fight - Tayla Parx/Florida Georgia Line
#4: Take What You Want - Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott
#3: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#2: Good Thing - Zedd/Kehlani
#1: Make It Right - BTS/Lauv

Overall Score: 45/75 = 60%

hot girl blurb-er

We lost Dear Winter, One Thing Right, Purple Hat and Lonely this week. Dear Winter and Purple Hat were really bad, so I’m glad to see them gone. Lonely was just okay, and One Thing Right had past its peak, so honestly I’m satisfied with our exits this week.

Walking dropped five spots on its first week. Yeah, this was never gonna be a hit.

everything i wanted is jumping and looks really close to the top 20, which is not good.

Wanted fell out of the top 20 this week, which is good that it’s flopping.

Don’t Start Now jumped a lot into the top 20! I really hope this is a hit!

Adore You is up in the top 5… this isn’t looking so good.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#2: Yummy - Justin Bieber
#3: Circles - Post Malone
#4: Memories - Maroon 5
#5: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber
#6: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#7: Dance Monkey - Tones and I
#8: Good As Hell - Lizzo
#9: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas
#10: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez
#14: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa
#16: Trampoline - SHAED
#17: Heartless - The Weeknd
#18: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello
#19: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish
#20: Truth Hurts - Lizzo
#23: Panini - Lil Nas X
#24: Adore You - Harry Styles
#25: Only Human - Jonas Brothers
#29: hot girl bummer - blackbear
#32: I Don’t Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber
#33: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#34: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#36: Lover - Taylor Swift
#42: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure
#43: Graveyard - Halsey
#44: My Oh My - Camila Cabello/DaBaby
#45: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid
#46: Old Town Road - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus
#61: South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B
#66: Take What You Want - Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott
#77: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan
#81: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#95: Say So - Doja Cat

Album of the Week: Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial - Roddy Ricch

General Review

So Roddy Ricch’s album is back at #1 on the Billboard 200, which sucks, because Hollywood’s Bleeding was #2, and I really wanted to review that, but whatever. Um. This album is a… journey, to say the least. It starts off really bad, with some really just horrible writing coming from songs like Moonwalkin and Big Stepper, but then you get to some...better songs with Bacc Seat and Roll Dice. So this album has its ups and downs, but overall…




… I don’t like it. I find the writing was just really horrible in this, and there’s a certain word that’s thrown around a lot. I’m not sure there’s a single track where they don’t say it. I mean, sure, it has some redeemable parts to it, making it at least listenable, but overall, this really isn’t that great.

Best Track: Bacc Seat (feat. Ty Dolla $ign)
This is such a cool song. The beat is so good and was made really well. The little guitar riff is really catchy. Ricch has a really good flow here, and the weird melody in the chorus where he does the octave jump somehow works really well. Ty was a really good choice for this song too. His voice just works so well with this vibe. He did a really good job with his verse, and the whole song was pretty well-made. (Other than the lyrics, which is a recurring problem here.)

Worst Track: Moonwalkin (feat. Lil Durk)
Don’t. Just don’t listen to this. I know you’re curious, but NO! Hey, what are you doing on Spotify? NO! STOP! I can see that search bar, stop, you really don’t want to. Okay, fine. Suit yourself. Anyways, I’m not sure who this Lil Durk dude is, but he doesn’t do a good job at all here. This whole song is just a mess. And DON’T search the lyrics!

Overall Ranking: 4/10 (Still pretty bad, but more redeemable than JACKBOYS.)

16 comments:

  1. First


    Watermelon Sugar is also available for vote bc it is on the poll again

    ReplyDelete
  2. “So we got four debuts this week, starting with hot girl bummer by blackbear. I love this song. I don’t know why I like these meme songs so much, but I really do. This song’s vibe is just so cool. I kind of love the repetitive verses and honestly, I wish it the best here, (even though I don’t think it’ll do well.)”

    Okay it won’t do well at all btw I do not like hot girl bummer at all it sucks like poop. And fudge those boobs bc blackbear’s lyrics sound annoying I hate it already

    ReplyDelete
  3. ”Next up is Yummy by Justin Bieber. I’m gonna cut to the chase: I don’t like this song. I find it kind of choppy, and honestly just really messy with the production. I don’t approve of this debuting at #2 on the Hot 100, and honestly I like The Box more. (I still don’t like it that much.) So yeah, I hope Justin’s next singles are better than this.“

    Agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ”Next is Say So by Doja Cat. I don’t think I need to say much more than it came from Tik Tok, and I feel like you know why I hate this so much. Yeah, the entire song is really repetitive and her voice isn’t even that good. The rap section too is really bad. I feel like she just kind of slacked off on the rap part, and it really doesn’t have much of a presence.“

    Agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. “At #33, with the highest debut, we have My Oh My by Camila Cabello. This is a really interesting song, and a really cool route for Camila to go, and it works really well with her voice. Unfortunately, it also works really well with DaBaby’s voice, and they edited him out. He had so much of a presence on this song, and it feels kind of empty and hollow without him. Also, they didn’t actually replace him with anything, so it’s kind of short. But yeah, a pretty good song, even without DaBaby.“

    OMG it is uninteresting and horrible. The song is very bad and awful I can say Camila Cabello’s vocals sound fudgingly annoying. That’s all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. “Three new Hit-Bound songs this week, and our first one is yet another Alec Benjamin song, called Demons, replacing Mind Is A Prison, and yeah. This is significantly worse. Alec’s songs are really boring and uninteresting, and I don’t think he’s capable of making an exception to that. This song is just so boring that it has to go in red. He sounds almost bored in this song, and his falsetto is um… not good, except that’s the only thing he’s capable of doing, which makes for a not-great combo. Yeah, I hope this isn’t as huge as If We Have Each Other was here.”

    Agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. “Next up, we have more Jonas Brothers, ‘cause they just released an album, so why not release a random single that's not from said album. This one’s called What A Man Gotta Do, and it’s pretty good. I mean, the Jonas Brothers seem like they’re showing us they’re really only capable of doing, like, two things, which is a super fun and energetic song, or a super chill ballad. This is a fun one, which is good because it makes for a better radio single. This is probably better than Only Human, but not as good as Sucker. I’d love to see this be another big single, and honestly I think it will, especially here.”

    Agreed

    ReplyDelete
  8. “And last and definitely least, we have the worse song by The Weeknd released one week called Heartless. I really wish they picked up on Blinding Lights instead, but this was the bigger single, so it makes sense, but still. This song is just annoying. It’s just Abel singing about how heartless he is, and how he’ll just kind of abandon you. I don’t get why people write songs like this. It makes no sense. The production here is weird too, (well, it is in Blinding Lights too, but that one actually works). So, no. This isn’t good.”

    Agreed, Blinding Lights should replace Heartless


    And the last song is Watermelon Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  9. “ We lost Dear Winter, One Thing Right, Purple Hat and Lonely this week. Dear Winter and Purple Hat were really bad, so I’m glad to see them gone. Lonely was just okay, and One Thing Right had past its peak, so honestly I’m satisfied with our exits this week.”

    All 4 songs are crap and annoying yay for those songs leaving I am btw proud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no purple hat is amazing. I respect your opinions though.

      Delete
  10. “ Walking dropped five spots on its first week. Yeah, this was never gonna be a hit.”

    Agreed

    ReplyDelete
  11. “everything i wanted is jumping and looks really close to the top 20, which is not good.“

    Agreed

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe next week Bob Dylan should fall to number 44 bc it is crap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no it is not! I still respect everyone's opinions though. Bob Dylan is the best song ever.

      Delete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)