Sunday, January 12, 2020

My Ten Leastest Favourite Songs from '19

Hello, welcome, this is my bottom 10 songs of 2019, so basically it’s the songs that I really hated this year. I mean, it’s pretty self-explanatory, so I’ll just start with the honourable mentions. Well, dishonourable mentions I guess.


  • bad guy - Billie Eilish
  • break up with your girlfriend, i’m bored - Ariana Grande
  • Dear Winter - AJR
  • Mother - Charlie Puth
  • Ocean To Ocean - Pitbull/Rhea
  • thank u, next - Ariana Grande
  • Without Me - Halsey
  • Youngblood - 5 Seconds of Summer


Alright! That’s it!

#10: Boy With Luv - BTS/Halsey
Whoever thought that Halsey and BTS was a good idea must have been high. I mean, there’s not much to say since it’s K-Pop, the production is really weird, as well as the hook. It’s surprisingly catchy, which just makes matters so much worse, and Halsey has about as much presence as a fruit fly on a dog (as to say almost none). But yeah, K-Pop was never meant for people who like pop, so I guess I get why this is on a lot of people’s worst lists.

#9: when the party’s over - Billie Eilish
I bet you guys know why this song is on my worst list. It’s incredibly boring. I don’t like boring songs. I like songs with tons of energy, fun songs, not emotionless, slow, quiet songs like this. And on top of that, her voice isn’t good either. She’s not horrible, but it’s just could use some work. Then we get that weird voice again saying “CALL ME BACK” really loudly in all this quiteness. This whole song isn’t a good mix, and I’m really happy it flopped here. (Although that was partially because it was old).

#8: I Found You - benny blanco/Calvin Harris
This song is one verse and three words repeated over and over and over and over again. Plus, it’s a DJ singing. Yeah, I don’t think I need to say much more than that.

#7: Please Me - Cardi B/Bruno Mars
Man, I had high hopes going into this song. I thought it was gonna be that Finesse 2.0, but no. We get a Cardi B song with Bruno Mars screaming “PLEASE”. I’m not sure why Cardi B is a thing. She has little to no talent. I’m fine with her featuring in songs, but giving her her own songs is pushing it a little bit. Also the lyrics. Eesh. I’m not even gonna show them because I try to be family-friendly. If you’re really curious, you can go look it up, but I advise you not to.

#6: Cool - Jonas Brothers
Okay, so I feel like this is one of the songs that we can agree with on this list. (There’s like two more). So the Jonas Brothers came back together this year, and they brought with them the banger that was Sucker. Then they released this. Which is really bad. At first, I loved it, ‘cause I was like “More Jonas Brothers? Sure!”... then I realized how boring and lazy it was. Like, this entire song is lazy. The beat is literally just a bass drum and some clapping, their voices sound bored almost, and worst of all, the songwriting. It’s literally just filler. It’s like they couldn’t think of anything to write about so they were like “Hey, we’re cool, right? Let’s right a song about that!”. So yeah, not a great single from these guys.

#5: 1999 - Charli XCX/Troye Sivan
I hate Charli XCX. There I said it. I was never a fan of her music, and I always found her voice really annoying. This song really brings that out. Especially the “oh” part that happens in the verses. It’s just really really awful. Even Troye doesn’t sound that good in this. He’s overproduced and the layering doesn’t work that well with his voice. Also, it’s not even that catchy. When I started making this list, I kind of forgot about it and had to go back and listen to it to remember how much I hated it. And that hate washed over me as soon as I heard the opening riff. So yeah, I don’t like this song, no matter how much Adrian praises it.

#4: Truth Hurts - Lizzo
Okay, this is where it starts to get really bad. The only thing I like about this song is the piano line. That’s it. Her voice is really bad here, and honestly, the writing is sloppy, the beat could use some work, and her voice shines better in other songs. I’d honestly rather not talk about this song since it’s still on the countdown.

#3: Nightmare - Halsey
Okay, I’m really gonna start trashing these songs now. I’ve never liked Halsey. I don’t like her music, I find her voice uninteresting, and she’s not produced very well. Now, when you take all those elements and put them into a song where she’s screaming about being angry, you just have a disaster in your hands. The verse starts off not that bad, it’s kind of boring, but there’s nothing I particularly hate about it. But then that verse flows into a chorus, which was a mistake. If you’re gonna listen to this song, first of all, don’t. Second of all, stop before it gets to the chorus. Trust me, you do not want to here Halsey screaming her head off and Hits 1 calling it a “hit” and putting it at #2. The worst part though, is that it’s still on the countdown. It needs to LEAVE NOW!!!

#2: Harry - Kelsy Karter
So this was a song by a nobody about Harry Styles. And it’s really weird. Honestly, it feels kind of awkward listening to the song, and I just kind of start cringing whenever I hear it. This suffers from the same problem as Nightmare. The chorus is just screaming. And somehow, it’s even worse than Nightmare. Since she’s not really anybody, she’s not well-produced, whereas Halsey is at least decently produced. But this just really isn’t good. It’s awkward, uncomfortable, and doesn’t even sound good. These are the kinds of songs that make me question Hits 1 sometimes. They’re a weird bunch.

#1: 7 rings - Ariana Grande
Yeah, Ariana made some not-so-great songs this year that somehow were really huge hits. This song is definitely not an exception. The chorus is just her half-rapping, (not well, may I add) and the verses are her singing about how much money she has over the melody from My Favourite Things from The Sound of Music. Speaking of the lyrics… eesh. She’s just saying how much money she has, and how people suck that don’t have money. There are some lyrics that are just really terrible things to say, like: “Whoever said money can’t solve your problems/Must not have had enough money to solve ‘em”. Then there are lines that don’t even make sense, like: “You like my hair?/Gee thanks, just bought it”. Yeah, I’m not sure how you can just buy hair, but whatever. So yeah, I’m glad this wasn’t too big of a hit on Hits 1.

Okay, that’s it! Hope you guys had a good time! (I certainly did) Kwaheri, and see you all very very soon.

2 comments:

  1. I like some of these (like 1999) but I don’t like some (like Harry)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hating on Charlie XCX sound like crime AGAINST BB06

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)