Saturday, January 11, 2020

Week of January 11, 2020 - Niall Horan (6)

Niall Horan (6)

This week wasn’t great. Also, our Hit-Bound is getting kind of contaminated, which is Rare. (See what I did there?)

Songs We’re Saying Goodbye To
Liar - Camila Cabello (#45) [#21]
Sucker - Jonas Brothers (#42) [13 weeks at #1]
Time - NF (#40) [#24]
Dear Future Self (Hands Up) - Fall Out Boy/Wyclef Jean (#35) [#18]

Last Week’s #1: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan (5)

#45: Dear Winter - AJR (-1) [#30]
#44: One Thing Right - Marshmello/Kane Brown (-1) [#15]
#43: Nightmare - Halsey (-2) [#2]
#42: Purple Hat - Sofi Tukker (-6) [#36]
#41: If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin (-2) [#3]
#40: Panini - Lil Nas X (-2) [#38]
#39: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello (-5) [#3]
#38: Dance Monkey - Tones and I (-6) [#27]
#37: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift (-) [1 week at #1]
#36: Walking - 88rising/Joji/Jackson Wang/Swae Lee/Major Lazer (DEBUT) [5 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#35: The Hype - Twenty One Pilots (-2) [#9]
#34: Lonely - Diplo/Jonas Brothers (-5) [#21]
#33: Into the Unknown - Panic! At The Disco (-2) [#24]
#32: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer (-10) [2 weeks at #1]
#31: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish (DEBUT) [8* weeks in Hit-Bound]
#30: Truth Hurts - Lizzo (-) [#2]
#29: Bob Dylan - Fall Out Boy (DEBUT) [8 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#28: Trampoline - SHAED (-) [#17]
#27: I Hate LA - Hot Chelle Rae (-) [#27]
#26: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa (-2) [#24]
#25: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes (-) [9 weeks at #1]
#24: Raising Hell - Kesha/Big Freedia (+2) [#24] *new peak*
#23: Push My Luck - The Chainsmokers (DEBUT) [8* weeks in Hit-Bound]
#22: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas (-2) [#20]
#21: We Made It - Louis Tomlinson (-) [#21]
#20: South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B (-2) [#18]
#19: Make You Mine - PUBLIC (-2) [#17]
#18: Mother - Charlie Puth (+1) [#14]
#17: Wanted - OneRepublic (+6) [#17] *new peak*
#16: Adore You - Harry Styles (-1) [#15]
#15: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez (+1) [#12]
#14: What Am I - Why Don’t We (-) [#14]
#13: How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith (-) [#11]
#12: Memories - Maroon 5 (-2) [#10]
#11: Graveyard - Halsey (-5) [#3]
#10: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber (+2) [#9]
#9: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid (-2) [1 week at #1]
#8: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer (+1) [3 weeks at #1]
#7: Good As Hell - Lizzo (+1) [#3]
#6: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer (-3) [2 weeks at #1]
#5: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi (-3) [3 weeks at #1]
#4: Circles - Post Malone (-) [#2]
#3: Lover (Remix) - Taylor Swift/Shawn Mendes (+8) [#3] *new peak*
#2: Only Human - Jonas Brothers (+3) [1 week at #1]
#1: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan (-) [6th week at #1, 6th week IAR]

Last Year’s #1: Without Me - Halsey [1/5 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: Say So - Doja Cat

Alright, so our first debut I actually never expected it to debut. It’s Walking by 88rising, Joji, Jackson Wang, Swae Lee and Major Lazer. So, I think I’m actually turning around on this song and it’s really close to being green, but not quite yet. I think Swae Lee does a really good job on the chorus, the production is pretty solid, actually, but my only problem with this is that the verses are weak and missing something. I feel like Joji and Jackson Wang just don’t really do enough for the song.

Next up, we have everything i wanted by Billie Eilish. I mean, it’s Billie Eilish. You can’t expect much from her at this point. all the good girls go to hell was pretty solid, but that was because it actually had something to it. This song is just like Adore You, it’s nothing! She just kind of mumbles her way through the song while this really annoying bell won’t stop going off, and that’s pretty much all there is to it.

Next we have an okay Fall Out Boy song, but I think I’m having second thoughts on this. Bob Dylan is alright, but I’m starting to get the sense that FOB don’t know how to do anything but this one sound. Because this song sounds pretty much like any of their other songs, I’m kind of starting to lose interest in them. Which is not a good thing, because I still have faith in them.

And at #23, we have a single that never took off, Push My Luck by The Chainsmokers. Now, I actually got to hear this song a good month before it came out, at a Chainsmokers, 5SOS and Lennon Stella concert. So I’ll always have a soft spot for it. This song is pretty good. Alex sounds decent, the production’s okay. But this never should’ve replaced Takeaway.

Best Debut: Push My Luck - The Chainsmokers

Biggest DROP!!!: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer (-10): Finally, this song gets the biggest drop of the week after I’ve wanted it to for the past month or two. This was long overdue, and I’d be glad to see it gone soon.

Biggest Jump: Lover (Remix) - Taylor Swift/Shawn Mendes (+8): Yeah, I’m okay to have this in the top 5. Actually, it’s quite welcome up here, because I’m getting kind of tired of Nice To Meet Ya at the top.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: Circles - Post Malone
#4: South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B
#3: Trampoline - SHAED
#2: Dance Monkey - Tones and I
#1: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: Mother - Charlie Puth
#4: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish
#3: Nightmare - Halsey
#2: Dear Winter - AJR
#1: Truth Hurts - Lizzo

Top 20 Ranking

0 - Crap:
#20: Mother - Charlie Puth
#19: Adore You - Harry Styles
#18: Wanted - OneRepublic

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#17: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer
#16: Make You Mine - PUBLIC

3 - Decent:
#15: Graveyard - Halsey
#14: Good As Hell - Lizzo

4 - Good:
#13: How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith
#12: Only Human - Jonas Brothers
#11: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber
#10: Lover (Remix) - Taylor Swift/Shawn Mendes
#9: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer

5 - Great:
#8: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan
#7: Memories - Maroon 5
#6: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez
#5: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid
#4: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#3: What Am I - Why Don’t We
#2: Circles - Post Malone
#1: South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B

Overall Score: 70/100 = 70%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer
#4: Nightmare - Halsey
#3: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes
#2: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#1: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd

My Favourite Song Last Year: Sunflower - Post Malone/Swae Lee

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: Girls Like You - Maroon 5/Cardi B

Hit-Bound
Cuz I Love You - Lizzo [4]
Mind Is A Prison - Alec Benjamin [4]
Good Thing - Zedd/Kehlani [4]
Say So - Doja Cat [2*]
Take What You Want - Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott [10]
Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi [5]
My Oh My - Camila Cabello [2]
Put A Little Love On Me - Niall Horan [5]
Fight - Tayla Parx/Florida Georgia Line [2*]
You should be sad - Halsey [1]
Yummy - Justin Bieber [2*]
Slow Dance - AJ Mitchell/Ava Max [5]
10/10 - Rex Orange County [2*]
hot girl bummer - blackbear [6]
Play Your Game - X Lovers [4]

Also Available For Vote
Rare - Selena Gomez [1]
Up All Night - Khalid [1]
Make It Right - BTS/Lauv [1]

Coming from Halsey’s album next week, we have You should be sad, replacing Finally // beautiful stranger. This is alright. For me, the song’s a little boring, but what kind of makes up for it is the songwriting. I mean, if you haven’t checked the lyrics of this yet, you really should. And honestly, I don’t care that Finally is gone.

So like last week, the “new Hit-Bound songs” didn’t actually debut Hit-Bound. So our first one is Rare by Selena Gomez. This is not as good as Lose You To Love Me or even Look At Her Now. This is just Selena singing over a bassline with no emotion in her voice at all. She sounds bored to death, and I’m honestly really disappointed because I went into this with high hopes. Ah, well.

Alright, next we have kind of a relief coming from Khalid, called Up All Night. The reason it’s a relief is because it’s R&B. Which, with Talk, I was afraid he wouldn’t go back to it, but he did. This is your casual Khalid song, and I forget most about it, okay NEXT!

Okay, so for some reason, all of my recommendations seem to get picked up like a month or two after I recommend them. That was the case for Good Thing, and now with this song from BTS and Lauv, Make It Right. I love this song. I’m just gonna say it. This is my favourite BTS song ever and I really hope it debuts. I love the cool trombone-thing at the start, and I think Lauv actually works really well with this. Now but the question here is: will it become the third BTS debut, or the second BTS dropout? (Probably the debut because of Lauv. I mean, that’s what happened with both Waste It On Me and Boy With Luv.)

Best Debut: Make It Right - BTS/Lauv

Hit-Bound Ranking:

0 - Crap:
#18: Say So - Doja Cat
#17: Cuz I Love You - Lizzo
#16: Yummy - Justin Bieber

1 - Bad:
#15: Rare - Selena Gomez

2 - Mediocre:
#14: Mind Is A Prison - Alec Benjamin
#13: Play Your Game - X Lovers

3 - Decent:
#12: 10/10 - Rex Orange County
#11: You should be sad - Halsey

4 - Good:
#10: Put A Little Love On Me - Niall Horan
#9: Up All Night - Khalid
#8: My Oh My - Camila Cabello
#7: Fight - Tayla Parx/Florida Georgia Line

5 - Great:
#6: hot girl bummer - blackbear
#1: Take What You Want - Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott
#1: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#1: Slow Dance - AJ Mitchell/Ava Max
#1: Make It Right - BTS/Lauv
#1: Good Thing - Zedd/Kehlani

Overall Score: 57/90 (+10 because 5 #1s): 67/90 = 74%

Push My Blurbs

We lost four songs this week, Liar, Sucker, Time and Dear Future Self (Hands Up). Liar and Dear Future Self were okay. Sucker was great, and I was really happy with the amount of success it got, but Time deserved more than this.

Purple Hat’s back at the bottom, which is great.

Looks like Señorita’s on its way out soon.

Unfortunately, Dance Monkey is also approaching the bottom.

Lonely didn’t get nearly as much success as I thought it would’ve.

And as quickly as ROXANNE reached the top 20, it’s out again.

And instead we get Wanted. This is just amazing.

Like I said, I’m getting tired of having Nice To Meet Ya at the top. I’d love to have Circles or even Lover at the top.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#1: Circles - Post Malone
#2: Memories - Maroon 5
#4: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#5: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas
#6: Good As Hell - Lizzo
#7: Dance Monkey - Tones and I
#9: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber
#10: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez
#11: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello
#14: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#15: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus
#17: Panini - Lil Nas X
#18: Truth Hurts - Lizzo
#19: Trampoline - SHAED
#21: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa
#23: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish
#25: Only Human - Jonas Brothers
#28: I Don’t Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber
#29: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#32: hot girl bummer - blackbear
#34: Lover - Taylor Swift
#35: Adore You - Harry Styles
#37: Graveyard - Halsey
#40: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure
#42: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid
#50: My Oh My - Camila Cabello/DaBaby
#63: Take What You Want - Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott
#72: South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B
#75: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan
#82: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles

Album of the Week: JACKBOYS - JACKBOYS

Okay, so this is a new thing here, every week I’ll do a mini review of the highest album on the Billboard 200 that I haven’t reviewed yet. Most weeks, it’ll be the #1, but when we have a #1 for more than 1 week, it’ll give me a chance to move on to something else I haven’t reviewed.

General Review

Honestly, I felt like this album was kind of a lame excuse for an album. It was just a few guys who had the same label, and just randomly decided it would be a good idea to make an album together, and for me that just didn’t work. (Also, I just don’t generally like rap, so that’s probably also a factor.) Would I recommend it? Absolutely not. Do I get the appeal? Kind of. But this album just wasn’t for me. Also, it was only 7 songs long. And one was a transition, so it wasn’t much of an album anyways.

Best Track: HIGHEST IN THE ROOM (feat. ROSALÍA & Lil Baby) - REMIX
Kind of a long title, but a solid enough song. I feel like the remix actually added a lot to the song, even though I haven’t heard the original completely. I still liked Travis on this though, so I’m not sure why I haven’t heard the original.

Worst Track: OUT WEST (feat. Young Thug)
Young Thug is too much for me on this one. Please don’t listen to this and please don’t make me listen to this ever again.

Overall Ranking: 3/10

Kwaheri, everybody. See you all very very soon.

12 comments:

  1. “Alright, so our first debut I actually never expected it to debut. It’s Walking by 88rising, Joji, Jackson Wang, Swae Lee and Major Lazer. So, I think I’m actually turning around on this song and it’s really close to being green, but not quite yet. I think Swae Lee does a really good job on the chorus, the production is pretty solid, actually, but my only problem with this is that the verses are weak and missing something. I feel like Joji and Jackson Wang just don’t really do enough for the song.”

    Agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Next up, we have everything i wanted by Billie Eilish. I mean, it’s Billie Eilish. You can’t expect much from her at this point. all the good girls go to hell was pretty solid, but that was because it actually had something to it. This song is just like Adore You, it’s nothing! She just kind of mumbles her way through the song while this really annoying bell won’t stop going off, and that’s pretty much all there is to it.”

    Agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. “ Next we have an okay Fall Out Boy song, but I think I’m having second thoughts on this. Bob Dylan is alright, but I’m starting to get the sense that FOB don’t know how to do anything but this one sound. Because this song sounds pretty much like any of their other songs, I’m kind of starting to lose interest in them. Which is not a good thing, because I still have faith in them.”

    Agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. “ And at #23, we have a single that never took off, Push My Luck by The Chainsmokers. Now, I actually got to hear this song a good month before it came out, at a Chainsmokers, 5SOS and Lennon Stella concert. So I’ll always have a soft spot for it. This song is pretty good. Alex sounds decent, the production’s okay. But this never should’ve replaced Takeaway.”

    No it is very bad and I hate Andrew’s voice it is crappy blood and it needs to leave the countdown completely. I hate it already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ”Biggest DROP!!!: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer (-10): Finally, this song gets the biggest drop of the week after I’ve wanted it to for the past month or two. This was long overdue, and I’d be glad to see it gone soon.”

    Agreed

    ReplyDelete
  6. “ Biggest Jump: Lover (Remix) - Taylor Swift/Shawn Mendes (+8): Yeah, I’m okay to have this in the top 5. Actually, it’s quite welcome up here, because I’m getting kind of tired of Nice To Meet Ya at the top.”

    Agreed

    ReplyDelete
  7. ”Coming from Halsey’s album next week, we have You should be sad, replacing Finally // beautiful stranger. This is alright. For me, the song’s a little boring, but what kind of makes up for it is the songwriting. I mean, if you haven’t checked the lyrics of this yet, you really should. And honestly, I don’t care that Finally is gone.”

    Agreed

    ReplyDelete
  8. “ Alright, next we have kind of a relief coming from Khalid, called Up All Night. The reason it’s a relief is because it’s R&B. Which, with Talk, I was afraid he wouldn’t go back to it, but he did. This is your casual Khalid song, and I forget most about it, okay NEXT!”

    Agreed

    ReplyDelete
  9. “ Okay, so for some reason, all of my recommendations seem to get picked up like a month or two after I recommend them. That was the case for Good Thing, and now with this song from BTS and Lauv, Make It Right. I love this song. I’m just gonna say it. This is my favourite BTS song ever and I really hope it debuts. I love the cool trombone-thing at the start, and I think Lauv actually works really well with this. Now but the question here is: will it become the third BTS debut, or the second BTS dropout? (Probably the debut because of Lauv. I mean, that’s what happened with both Waste It On Me and Boy With Luv.)”

    Omg I don’t like this song at all bts it is crap like heck and utmost SUGA’s vocals sound awful like hell. I hate it anyway

    ReplyDelete
  10. wait. didn't you say in the post from November 16 2019:
    "Alright, so our first new Hit-Bound song is Bob Dylan by Fall Out Boy. This song doesn’t really sound that much like Fall Out Boy, and I kinda dig it. With this song coming in, it honestly kicks Dear Future Self to blue. It sounds really cool and different and I love this a lot. Great song, I kind of hope it debuts."
    Umm..does this ring a bell? I hope it does. Now, quoting this post...
    "Next we have an okay Fall Out Boy song, but I think I’m having second thoughts on this. Bob Dylan is alright, but I’m starting to get the sense that FOB don’t know how to do anything but this one sound. Because this song sounds pretty much like any of their other songs, I’m kind of starting to lose interest in them. Which is not a good thing, because I still have faith in them."
    The two statements totally contradict. Idk why my humble opinions are relevant here, but I think that Bob Dylan is the actual best song on the countdown. I also think that Nightmare has stuck around for a bit too long, even being a hardcore Halsey fan.

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)