Saturday, August 24, 2019

Week of August 24, 2019 - Shawn Mendes (7)

Shawn Mendes (7)

There’s only 1 bad song in Hit-Bound. That’s when you know it’s a good week. We still have the same boring #1, but we have a surprising biggest jump. Here I would endorse my rankdown, but in case you haven’t noticed, it died a silent death. But that’s okay! Because I have a super cool new thing happening! If you want to know more about it, check out the first part of my beautiful poem. Check it out right below this post. Album review #3 coming soon!

...Edit: Future Beluga here. This was the fateful week when Adrian Carrazco posted his last countdown post before his resignation. He was a great inspiration to all of us, and started this entire thing. So props to him, just for existing. Okay, on with the old countdown that aired nearly a year ago!

Songs We’re Saying Goodbye To
Don’t Give Up On Me - Andy Grammer (#40) [#18]
Hustle - P!nk (#37) [#26]

Last Week’s #1: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes (6)

#45: Sweet but Psycho - Ava Max (-) [#2]
#44: Happier - Marshmello/Bastille (-) [2 weeks at #1]
#43: Without Me - Halsey (-2) [5 weeks at #1]
#42: Bad Liar - Imagine Dragons (-) [#6]
#41: This Feeling - The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini (-3) [7 weeks at #1]
#40: Look What God Gave Her - Thomas Rhett (DEBUT) [6 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#39: High Hopes - Panic! At The Disco (-) [8 weeks at #1]
#38: One Thought Away - Asher Angel (-2) [#36]
#37: Here With Me - Marshmello/CHVRCHES (-11) [#5]
#36: Let Me Down Slowly - Alec Benjamin (-6) [#2]
#35: So Am I - Ava Max (-2) [#7]
#34: ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie (-3) [#2]
#33: Speechless - Dan + Shay (+1) [#9]
#32: All the Time - Zara Larsson (DEBUT) [5 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#31: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus (-2) [#7]
#30: Make You Mine - PUBLIC (-11) [#19]
#29: Find U Again - Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello (-6) [#23]
#28: Trampoline - SHAED (+7) [#28] *new peak*
#27: Truth Hurts - Lizzo (-) [#7]
#26: With You - Kaskade/Meghan Trainor (+17) [#21]
#25: Look Away - Stephen Puth (+7) [#25] *new peak*
#24: Mother’s Daughter - Miley Cyrus (-4) [#20]
#23: Rescue Me - OneRepublic (+1) [#23] *new peak*
#22: The Git Up - Blanco Brown (-) [#22]
#21: Small Talk - Katy Perry (+7) [#21] *new peak*
#20: Goodbyes - Post Malone (+5) [#20] *new peak*
#19: 100 Bad Days - AJR (+2) [#19] *new peak*
#18: Call You Mine - The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha (-) [#15]
#17: Love Me Less - MAX/Quinn XCII (-7) [#10]
#16: If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin (+1) [#3]
#15: Nightmare - Halsey (-2) [#2]
#14: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure (+2) [#6]
#13: Dancing’s Not a Crime - Panic! At The Disco (+2) [#10]
#12: Never Really Over - Katy Perry (+2) [#10]
#11: bad guy - Billie Eilish (-) [#10]
#10: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi (-1) [#4]
#9: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer (-2) [#5]
#8: I Don’t Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber (+4) [#5]
#7: Cool - Jonas Brothers (-2) [#5]
#6: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco (-3) [3 weeks at #1]
#5: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello (+2) [#5] *new peak*
#4: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift (+4) [#4]
#3: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer (+1) [2 weeks at #1]
#2: Sucker - Jonas Brothers (-) [13 weeks at #1]
#1: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes (-) [7th week at #1]

Last Year’s #1: The Last Of The Real Ones - Fall Out Boy [1/3 weeks at #1]

We got 2 debuts this week. Our first is Look What God Gave Her by Thomas Rhett. I don’t normally like country music, but this is really good. It’s got a pop beat, so that’s probably one of the reasons, but I just find it really good. The song is super catchy and I constantly find it stuck in my head. His voice sounds great and the songwriting is really great. This is just a really sweet song that I’d love to see do well.

Coming in at #32, we have All the Time by Zara Larsson. I find this song really annoying. I don’t know, maybe I’m crazy because I know this is an unpopular opinion (which I almost always have), but I just hate the weird voice in “From the breaking of the day to the middle of the night”. I just find the song too catchy, really annoying and I don’t really like her voice.

Best Debut: Look What God Gave Her - Thomas Rhett

Biggest DROP!!!: Here With Me - Marshmello/CHVRCHES & Make You Mine - PUBLIC (-11): Well, for Here With Me, I’m glad it had that #5 peak, but this was about due. For Make You Mine, I didn’t expect it to hit top 20 anyways, so I don’t really care.

Biggest Jump: With You - Meghan Trainor/Kaskade (+17): Well, this was unexpected. As soon as With You seemed to be on its way out, it jumps back into the top 30. I really don’t care since this song is really mediocre, but I guess it kind of makes sense because it’s gaining at least some traction. That being said, it’s already off of the voting poll, so we’ll see how this goes.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: I Don’t Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber
#4: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift
#3: Goodbyes - Post Malone
#2: 100 Bad Days - AJR
#1: Trampoline - SHAED

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: All the Time - Zara Larsson
#4: Cool - Jonas Brothers
#3: Nightmare - Halsey
#2: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#1: Truth Hurts - Lizzo

Top 20 Ranking
#20: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#19: Nightmare - Halsey
#18: Cool - Jonas Brothers
#17: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco
#16: Never Really Over - Katy Perry
#15: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure
#14: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer
#13: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes
#12: Dancing’s Not a Crime - Panic! At The Disco
#11: If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin
#10: Love Me Less - MAX/Quinn XCII
#9: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer
#8: Call You Mine - The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha
#7: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#6: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#5: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello
#4: I Don’t Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber
#3: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift
#2: Goodbyes - Post Malone
#1: 100 Bad Days - AJR

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Without Me - Halsey
#4: This Feeling - The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini
#3: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco
#2: Happier - Marshmello/Bastille
#1: High Hopes - Panic! At The Disco

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Post Malone - Sam Feldt/RANI

Hit-Bound
Hate Me - Ellie Goulding/Juice WRLD [7]
Jesus In LA - Alec Benjamin [3]
Harder - Jax Jones/Bebe Rexha [5]
Good As Hell - Lizzo [3]
Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer [1]
boyfriend - Ariana Grande/Social House [3]
How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith [5]
Roaring 20s - Panic! At The Disco [3]
I Warned Myself - Charlie Puth [1]
Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid [4]
The Hype - Twenty One Pilots [3]
Lover - Taylor Swift [2]
3 Nights - Dominic Fike [7]
Only Human - Jonas Brothers [7]
Dream Boy - Waterparks [2]

Our first Hit-Bound entrant is Teeth by 5 Seconds of Summer. I love the rock vibe that this song gives off and it’s really catchy. The guitar here sounds so great. The bridge just really gets you hyped for the last chorus, which was kind of a disappointment, but the outro makes up for it.

Aw, man. I love me some good Charlie Puth. I Warned Myself is his strongest single yet. I love the new vibe this song is giving off and it just sounds so good. His voice is amazing, as it always is. I really hope this debuts next week.

Best Hit-Bound Entrant: I Warned Myself - Charlie Puth (Not by that much)

Hit-Bound Ranking
#15: boyfriend - Ariana Grande/Social House
#14: How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith
#13: Harder - Jax Jones/Bebe Rexha
#12: Lover - Taylor Swift
#11: Jesus In LA - Alec Benjamin
#10: 3 Nights - Dominic Fike
#9: Dream Boy - Waterparks
#8: Only Human - Jonas Brothers
#7: Roaring 20s - Panic! At The Disco
#6: Good As Hell - Lizzo
#5: Hate Me - Ellie Goulding/Juice WRLD
#4: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer
#3: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid
#2: I Warned Myself - Charlie Puth
#1: The Hype - Twenty One Pilots

Look What Blurbs Gave Her

We lost 2 songs this week. Don’t Give Up On Me and Hustle. For Don’t Give Up On Me, I really like it and I feel like it’ll stick with me even if it didn’t on Hits 1. For Hustle, I don’t care since it wasn’t a single and wasn’t actually that good.

Why is High Hopes still here? I mean, it’s well over its one-year anniversary.

Find U Again is dropping surprisingly. I mean, it stayed on Hit-Bound for too long and missed its peak on radio, so that’s probably why.

I’m so happy Trampoline is jumping. It deserves all the success it has.

The Hype, debut. Now.

Can we not get Look Away into the top 20? That would be much appreciated.

Yessss Goodbyes is finally in the top 20!!!

You know, Sucker is actually growing back on me. Probably because it’s not at #1 anymore.

Well, I Don’t Care is back in the top 10. Yay.

Señorita and You Need To Calm Down are both in the top 5. I’m really happy for both. They’re both great.

Why is If I Can’t Have You still at #1? Wait. How many #1s have we had this year? Let’s see… This Feeling, Without Me, Hey Look Ma, I Made It, Sucker, Who Do You Love and this. 6. 8 months, 6 #1s. That’s just sad.

You know how sometimes Hits 1 picks up YouTube 15 songs? Antisocial. Please.

YouTube 15
Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi [2]
Hot Girl Summer - Megan Thee Stallion/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign [2]
In Your Arms - ILLENIUM/X Ambassadors [1]
bad guy - Billie Eilish [14]
DOLLAR - Becky G/Myke Towers [6]
Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus [20]
Indigo - NIKI [1]
Truth Hurts - Lizzo [8]
On My Way - Alan Walker/Sabrina Carpenter/Farruko [20]
Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith/Normani [25]
Slide Away - Miley Cyrus [1]
Talk - Khalid/Disclosure [16]
Runaway - Sebastian Yatra/Jonas Brothers/Daddy Yankee/Natti Natasha [10]
You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift [8]
Motivation - Normani [1]

No Longer Trending
Antisocial - Ed Sheeran/Travis Scott [5]
Waste My Time - Grace VanderWaal [1]
No Way! - Bazzi [1]
Face To Face - Ruel [1]

YouTube 15 Ranking
#15: Truth Hurts - Lizzo
#14: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#13: Hot Girl Summer - Megan Thee Stallion/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign
#12: Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith/Normani
#11: DOLLAR - Becky G/Myke Towers
#10: Indigo - NIKI
#9: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure
#8: Slide Away - Miley Cyrus
#7: Motivation - Normani
#6: Runaway - Sebastian Yatra/Jonas Brothers/Daddy Yankee/Natti Natasha
#5: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#4: In Your Arms - ILLENIUM/X Ambassadors
#3: On My Way - Alan Walker/Sabrina Carpenter/Farruko
#2: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus
#1: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)