Thursday, August 29, 2019

Taking a Look at Other Charts on Billboard


Hey guys! So, I’ve had the Hot 100 up on my blog for quite a while now, and I even added the pop charts too. The reason this is there is because I wanted to put it on my blog without it being in every single countdown post. So, today, we’re going to take a look at some other charts on Billboard and just basically my general reaction to them.




Alright, let’s start by taking a look at the Billboard 200 which is a list of albums. Here are the top 10.

#1: So Much Fun - Young Thug
#2: Hello From Las Vegas - Lionel Richie
#3: Quality Control: Control The Streets, Volume 2 - Various Artists
#4: WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? - Billie Eilish
#5: No.6 Collaborations Project - Ed Sheeran
#6: Cuz I Love You - Lizzo
#7: Indigo - Chris Brown
#8: Port of Miami 2 - Rick Ross
#9: Free Spirit - Khalid
#10: Shawn Mendes - Shawn Mendes

Well, it’s no surprise to see Young Thug at the top here, since he had an album bomb on the Hot 100. I don’t like him, I think his voice sucks and I don’t plan on listening to this at all.

Who the heck is Lionel Richie?

I’m sure nobody needs Billie Eilish still in the top 5. I mean, come on people. SHE’S NOT GOOD!

I know I’ve been promising an album review of No.6 Collaborations Project for a while now, and trust me, it’s coming. I’m just busy and I wanted to do Lover first. (Album review out, by the way.)




Alright! Next list! Okay, here we have the Artist 100 which is 100 of the most listened to artists. Here’s the top 10.

#1: Lionel Richie
#2: Billie Eilish
#3: Taylor Swift
#4: Lizzo
#5: Khalid
#6: Ed Sheeran
#7: Post Malone
#8: Young Thug
#9: Shawn Mendes
#10: BTS

Alright, I looked up who Lionel Richie is, and it turns out he’s an old singer/songwriter who just came out with a new album. There ya go!

Props to Taylor Swift for making it to #3 before her album even started charting.

I feel like all of these artists are deserving except for Billie Eilish, Young Thug and BTS. I’m letting Lizzo off the hook because I respect her, even if I don’t like most of her work.




Let’s take a stroll down to the Emerging Artists list to see what the next big names in music might be.



King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard. Allllrighty then.
Not much else to talk about here, except that SHAED’s here, which I’m happy about.



Oh, no.




Well, after that horrifying experience, let’s head on down to the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop songs.

#1: Truth Hurts - Lizzo
#2: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus
#3: Ransom - Lil Tecca
#4: Talk - Khalid
#5: No Guidance - Chris Brown/Drake
#6: Goodbyes - Post Malone/Young Thug
#7: Money In The Grave - Drake/Rick Ross
#8: Sunflower - Post Malone/Swae Lee
#9: Suge - DaBaby
#10: The London - Young Thug/J. Cole/Travis Scott

Apparently, Old Town Road had 20 weeks at #1 here. Ha! Take that, list that everybody cares about! This one’s got you beat!

Truth Hurts is #1. Can’t say I’m surprised, but I’m disappointed in the world for not having better taste.

Congrats to Sunflower for sticking around on these lists for a really long time.




Okay, for our final list, we’re going to the Hot Dance/Electronic songs.



Wait. What? Marshmello? Okay, well unless it’s still- never mind, that’s stupid. He must’ve just released another song.





HOLY CRAP!!! MARSHMELLO YOU CRAZY PERSON!!! How- I don’t even know what to say. This song is 3 weeks away from being on the top of this list for an ENTIRE YEAR!!! I’ll report back to guys if it happens.




Yes, that was pretty much the only reason I made this post, but I mean, come on… I had to do it. I hope you guys enjoyed it and have a great week! I’m taking a break for the rest of the week ‘cause now I’ve posted three times.

2 comments:

  1. First.

    And if I’m going to be honest with you I think your post looks neat

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)