Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Archive Countdown: August 4, 2018

So yeah, new thing. I'm just testing it out. Tell me if you like it, and if you do, what year you want me to do next. This most likely won't be a weekly thing, and I doubt this is even gonna happen that often. But I don't know, it all really depends on how you guys respond to it. We'll see!

Songs We're Saying Goodbye To
Rich - Maren Morris (#44)
Too Good - Jordan McGraw (#38)

#45: Familiar - Liam Payne (-)
#44: Babe - Sugarland/Taylor Swift (-2)
#43: Mine - Bazzi (-)
#42: Tell Me You Love Me - Demi Lovato (-7)
#41: I Like Me Better - Lauv (-)
#40: One Foot - WALK THE MOON (-)
#39: Colour - MNEK/Hailee Steinfeld (-17)
#38: Done For Me - Charlie Puth/Kehlani (-4)
#37: In My Feelings - Drake (-1)
#36: Never Be The Same - Camila Cabello (+1) [1 week at #1]
#35: Want You Back - 5 Seconds of Summer (-3) [1 week at #1]
#34: Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way - U2/Cheat Codes (-5)
#33: Jumpsuit - Twenty One Pilots (-12)
#32: Pray For Me - The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar (-1)
#31: Summer On You - PRETTYMUCH (DEBUT)
#30: James Dean - The Wrecks (-5)
#29: Home With You - Madison Beer (+4)
#28: broken - lovelytheband (DEBUT)
#27: Alone - Halsey (-)
#26: Wait - Maroon 5 (+2)
#25: LET YOU BE RIGHT - Meghan Trainor (-1)
#24: Meant To Be - Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line (-2) [1 week at #1]
#23: Growing Pains - Alessia Cara (-10)
#22: On The Loose - Niall Horan (+1)
#21: IDGAF - Dua Lipa (-12)
#20: Natural - Imagine Dragons (+10)
#19: I Like It - Cardi B (+1)
#18: In My Blood - Shawn Mendes (-8) [2 weeks at #1]
#17: Love Lies - Khalid/Normani (+22)
#16: Sit Next To Me - Foster The People (-2)
#15: Better Now - Post Malone (+1)
#14: no tears left to cry - Ariana Grande (+1)
#13: The Last Of The Real Ones - Fall Out Boy (+4)
#12: One Kiss - Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa (+6)
#11: Whatever It Takes - Imagine Dragons (-3) [1 week at #1]
#10: I Wanna Know - NOTD/Bea Miller (+1)
#9: Don't Go Breaking My Heart - Backstreet Boys (+10)
#8: Girls Like You - Maroon 5/Cardi B (+4)
#7: Back To You - Selena Gomez (-2)
#6: Say Amen (Saturday Night) - Panic! At The Disco (-) [4 weeks at #1]
#5: FRIENDS - Marshmello/Anne-Marie (+2)
#4: Youngblood - 5 Seconds of Summer (-)
#3: The Middle - Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey (-) [9 weeks at #1]
#2: High Hopes - Panic! At The Disco (-)
#1: Delicate - Taylor Swift (-) [3rd week at #1]

Last Year's #1: Believer - Imagine Dragons [2]

We got 2 new entrants this week. Our first is Summer On You by PRETTYMUCH. This song flopped. I like it though. You can really tell that Ed Sheeran wrote it and I find it really catchy and I like their voices.

This next song did pretty well. It’s broken by lovelytheband. My first impression of this song was pretty good, but then I felt it got pretty overplayed and I lost interest in it. It’s a pretty good song nevertheless, and I’m glad it did well in retrospect.

Best Debut: Summer On You - PRETTYMUCH

Biggest DROP!!!: Colour - MNEK/Hailee Steinfeld (-17): I really like this song and it was one of my top 10 of 2018. I’m really sad it didn’t do well. Oh, well.

Biggest Jump: Love Lies - Khalid/Normani (+22): I remember, this song stayed at #17 for like 2 months. I like this song though. I feel like it was kind of underrated on radio. Even though Hits 1 played it to death. I am happy, however that Natural hit #1 instead of this.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: Growing Pains - Alessia Cara
#4: In My Blood - Shawn Mendes
#3: Colour - MNEK/Hailee Steinfeld
#2: The Last Of The Real Ones - Fall Out Boy
#1: Pray For Me - The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: Never Be The Same - Camila Cabello
#4: One Kiss - Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa
#3: Jumpsuit - Twenty One Pilots
#2: I Wanna Know - NOTD/Bea Miller
#1: The Middle - Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey

Top 20 Ranking
#20: The Middle - Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey
#19: I Wanna Know - NOTD/Bea Miller
#18: One Kiss - Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa
#17: Sit Next To Me - Foster The People
#16: Don't Go Breaking My Heart - Backstreet Boys
#15: Girls Like You - Maroon 5/Cardi B
#14: Youngblood - 5 Seconds of Summer
#13: I Like It - Cardi B
#12: Better Now - Post Malone
#11: Back To You - Selena Gomez
#10: Love Lies - Khalid/Normani
#9: Delicate - Taylor Swift
#8: no tears left to cry - Ariana Grande
#7: FRIENDS - Marshmello/Anne-Marie
#6: Say Amen (Saturday Night) - Panic! At The Disco
#5: High Hopes - Panic! At The Disco
#4: Natural - Imagine Dragons
#3: Whatever It Takes - Imagine Dragons
#2: In My Blood - Shawn Mendes
#1: The Last Of The Real Ones - Fall Out Boy

Hit-Bound
Go Bang - PNAU (DEBUT)
Africa - Weezer
If You're Over Me - Years & Years
No Brainer - DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper/Quavo (DEBUT)
Top Down - BROWN & GRAY
Happy Now - Zedd/Elley Duhe
The Way I Am - Charlie Puth
Call Me Sir - Train/Cam/Travie McCoy
God is a woman - Ariana Grande
SoulMate - Justin Timberlake
I'm a Mess - Bebe Rexha
Tequila - Dan + Shay
All Night - Big Boi
Team - MAX/Noah Cyrus (DEBUT)
Nevermind - Dennis Lloyd

We got 3 Hit-Bound songs this week because of Side Effects which managed to debut next week. Our first was a really strange song called Go Bang by PNAU. This song managed to debut and flop and I’m really confused why. This song is just really strange.

The next was another collaboration from DJ Khaled, Justin Bieber, Chance the Rapper and Quavo by the name of No Brainer. This was the first single from Khaled’s album Father of Ashad, and it was a pretty weak one. It just isn’t that interesting.

Finally, a song that never debuted, Team by MAX and Noah Cyrus. This song is great and deserved to be a hit. I don’t know why it wasn’t. It’s a perfectly good song like If You’re Over Me and All Night and they just didn’t hit it big unfortunately.

Best Debut: Team - MAX/Noah Cyrus

Hit-Bound Ranking
#15: Nevermind - Dennis Lloyd
#14: God is a woman - Ariana Grande
#13: Go Bang - PNAU
#12: No Brainer - DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper/Quavo
#11: SoulMate - Justin Timberlake
#10: Happy Now - Zedd/Elley Duhe
#9: The Way I Am - Charlie Puth
#8: Tequila - Dan + Shay
#7: Call Me Sir - Train/Cam/Travie McCoy
#6: I'm a Mess - Bebe Rexha
#5: All Night - Big Boi
#4: Team - MAX/Noah Cyrus
#3: Top Down - BROWN & GRAY
#2: Africa - Weezer
#1: If You're Over Me - Years & Years

Summer On Blurbs


We lost 2 songs from this week. Rich by Maren Morris and Too Good by Jordan McGraw. Rich was horrible and never should’ve debuted, and Too Good was a forgettable song from a forgettable artist.

Jumpsuit sucks and I’m happy it dropped.

Too bad Growing Pains didn’t get as much success as it deserved.

Thank goodness IDGAF left the top 20.

I’m happy Natural made it into the top 20.

Don’t Go Breaking My Heart should not be in the top 10.

And our #1 was Delicate. This song was kind of boring and forgettable. idk I just didn’t really like it that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)