Saturday, January 16, 2021

Week of January 16, 2021 - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear (3)

All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear (3)
It was an extremely active week this week. I have a whopping SEVEN new songs to review. Also, we’ve got a returning #1 that’s much better than last week’s. Here are the exits!

Songs We’re Saying Goodbye To
Heather - Conan Gray (#25) [#6] {24 weeks} [x2]
Overwhelmed - Royal & the Serpent (#23) [#23] {5 weeks}
Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior (#21) [#2] {20 weeks}
Dynamite - BTS (#16) [#13] {15 weeks}
Baby, I’m Jealous - Bebe Rexha/Doja Cat (#15) [#12] {13 weeks}

Last Week’s #1: Golden - Harry Styles (3)

#30: Holding On - iann dior (-) [#29] {6 weeks}
#29: Anyone - Justin Bieber (DEBUT) [2 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#28: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug (RE-ENTRY) [#24] {4 weeks}
#27: Lasting Lover - Sigala/James Arthur (-) [#27] {3 weeks}
#26: Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk (+2) [#24] {9 weeks}
#25: Treat People With Kindness - Harry Styles (DEBUT) [0 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#24: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd (+2) [#14] {9 weeks}
#23: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo (DEBUT) [0 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#22: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke (+2) [#20] {14 weeks}
#21: Afterglow - Ed Sheeran (+8) [#21] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#20: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney (-1) [#15] {10 weeks}
#19: Bang! - AJR (+1) [#3] {22 weeks}
#18: HOLIDAY - Lil Nas X (-1) [#17] {9 weeks}
#17: Lonely - Justin Bieber/benny blanco (+5) [#17] {9 weeks} *new peak*
#16: 34+35 - Ariana Grande (DEBUT) [9 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#15: Take You Dancing - Jason Derulo (-2) [#13] {11 weeks}
#14: Holy - Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper (-) [#10] {17 weeks}
#13: Prisoner - Miley Cyrus/Dua Lipa (+5) [#13] {8 weeks} *new peak*
#12: willow - Taylor Swift (-) [#12] {4 weeks}
#11: Monster - Shawn Mendes/Justin Bieber (-) [#11] {6 weeks}
#10: Diamonds - Sam Smith (-3) [#7] {17 weeks}
#9: you broke me first - Tate McRae (+1) [#7] {16 weeks}
#8: Wonder - Shawn Mendes (-3) [3 weeks at #1] {15 weeks}
#7: Save Myself - Ashe (+1) [#3] {18 weeks}
#6: my ex’s best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear (+3) [#6] {16 weeks}
#5: positions - Ariana Grande (+1) [#5] {12 weeks}
#4: Golden - Harry Styles (-3) [3 weeks at #1] {12 weeks}
#3: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish (+1) [#3] {9 weeks}
#2: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby (-) [#2] {14 weeks}
#1: Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear (+2) [3rd week at #1] {18 weeks}

Last Year’s #1: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan [7/8 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: Fix It to Break It - Clinton Kane

So the first entrant on the Countdown this week is Justin Bieber’s latest release, Anyone. (Fun fact, it’s also his first solo single since Yummy) Anyways, I really like this song. I’ve always liked Justin Bieber and although I wouldn’t really consider him one of my all-time favourite artists, I tend to enjoy anything he puts out and this definitely is no exception. Justin sounds great here, especially in the verses and I think the production’s pretty good and really boosts up a song of this tempo. It’s also pretty well-written and not as nonsensical as songs like Intentions or Yummy. Great song and I really hope that it does well here.

So Go Crazy by Chris Brown and Young Thug re-entered the Countdown this week at #28 and I’m really happy, because I was starting to doubt that it would ever re-enter. I’m glad it’s back, but I feel like it never should’ve left, especially since it’s becoming such a big pop hit.

So our next two debuts both ended up skipping Hit-Bound, the first one being by… sigh, Harry Styles. Whatever, I’m actually not too disappointed, as his new song, Treat People With Kindness is actually pretty good. I’m not sure if other people think this, but I think the song gives off a bit of a Queen vibe. Especially the bridge. I don’t know, maybe it’s just me. Anyways, that being said, the layered vocals in the chorus are good and I think Harry sounds good in the verses. I really like the instrumental that happens a bit later in the bridge and this song is honestly just a lot of fun. I like it, but if it hits #1, I’ll be a little upset.

So the two lead actors from Disney+’s original show, High School Musical: The Musical: The Series both have new songs this week and both score songs on Hits 1. The first one is by Olivia Rodrigo and it’s called drivers license. When I first listened to this song, I definitely didn’t expect it to blow up as much as it did. But I mean, here it is and it’s actually projected to have a #1 debut on the Hot 100. I like this song. I don’t think it’s fantastic; it’s a little slow and it takes a bit too long to build up, but Olivia Rodrigo sounds really quite good here and the writing’s really good. The bridge is really good too. Yeah, this is a good song and I’d like to see it do well here.

It’s weird how the two leaders in Hit-Bound spins (Stay Next To Me and SO DONE) didn’t debut, as 34+35 by Ariana Grande is our last debut this week. It debuts all the way up at #16, which is really surprising because for a hot second there, I thought that this was going to drop out of Hit-Bound. I don’t love this song, I think it could be a lot stronger, especially by Ariana Grande standards. She doesn’t sound fantastic in the chorus and the lyrics aren’t great either. There was a remix with Doja Cat and Megan Thee Stallion and it’s alright. I don’t think they add too much, but they don’t make it worse either.

Best Debut: Anyone - Justin Bieber

Biggest DROP!!!: Diamonds - Sam Smith, Wonder - Shawn Mendes & Golden - Harry Styles (-3): This is hardly a drop, but I guess I’ll talk about it anyways. Diamonds is starting to fade, which I guess I’m okay with, since it faded on me. Wonder was never fantastic, but I liked it and it’s a little sad that it didn’t really stick around and Golden dropped off of #1 again! It actually dropped to #4, which is surprising and I really hope that it doesn’t hit #1 again.

Biggest Jump: Afterglow - Ed Sheeran (+8): Yay, I’m glad that this is coming back. I hope that it does well here.

Countdown Ranking

0 - Crap:
NONE!

1 - Bad:
#30: Golden - Harry Styles
#29: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish

2 - Mediocre:
#28: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney
#27: Lonely - Justin Bieber/benny blanco

3 - Decent:
#26: Save Myself - Ashe
#25: 34+35 - Ariana Grande
#24: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd

4 - Good:
#23: Wonder - Shawn Mendes
#22: Prisoner - Miley Cyrus/Dua Lipa
#21: Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk
#20: Diamonds - Sam Smith
#19: Holding On - iann dior
#18: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo
#17: Treat People With Kindness - Harry Styles
#16: willow - Taylor Swift
#15: Take You Dancing - Jason Derulo
#14: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke
#13: Afterglow - Ed Sheeran

5 - Great:
#12: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#11: Holy - Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper
#10: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug
#9: Anyone - Justin Bieber
#8: my ex’s best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#7: Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear
#6: Bang! - AJR
#5: HOLIDAY - Lil Nas X
#4: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby
#3: Monster - Shawn Mendes/Justin Bieber
#2: positions - Ariana Grande
#1: Lasting Lover - Sigala/James Arthur

Overall Score: 119/150 = 79%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Wonder - Shawn Mendes {15 weeks}
#4: you broke me first - Tate McRae & my ex’s best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear {16 weeks}
#3: Holy - Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper & Diamonds - Sam Smith {17 weeks}
#2: Save Myself - Ashe & Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear {18 weeks}
#1: Bang! - AJR {22 weeks}

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Coco - 24kGoldn/DaBaby

My Favourite Song Last Year: Dance Monkey - Tones And I

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: Say So - Doja Cat

Most Missed Countdown Song: LA Devotee - Panic! At The Disco

Hit-Bound
Bitter - FLETCHER/Kito [9]
WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI [1]
Broke Boy - Malia Civetz [15*]
Deep End - Fousheé [6]
Heat Waves - Glass Animals [1]
Fly Away - Tones And I [9]
Fix It to Break It - Clinton Kane [9]
Space Girl - Frances Forever [1]
Goodbye - Shaylen [11]
One Whole Day - Dixie D’Amelio/Wiz Khalifa [6]
Body - Megan Thee Stallion [5]
Stay Next To Me - Quinn XCII/Chelsea Cutler [5]
My Head & My Heart - Ava Max [1]
SO DONE - The Kid LAROI [6]
Overwhelmed - Royal & the Serpent [1; 2nd time]
Lie Lie Lie - Joshua Bassett [1]

Wooh! My recommendation from last week and actually one of my favourite songs right now debuted Hit-Bound this week. It’s WITHOUT YOU by The Kid LAROI and surprisingly, SO DONE is still here too. Anyways, I’ve really started to become a fan of The Kid LAROI, I think he’s pretty good, especially for his age. He’s 17. Anyways, this song is better than SO DONE. For starters, his voice sounds much better here than in SO DONE. Plus, I think the melody was just really well-done here. It’s a slower song and I think that he actually works surprisingly well with it. The lyrics are also pretty good. (Aside from like, one line) I really really hope that this debuts.

So next up is a song that’s been really climbing in streaming lately, Heat Waves by the group Glass Animals. This is decent. I like the chorus a lot, I think it was pretty well-done here, but it sounds like the guy singing here was actually just singing too quietly in the verses. Obviously, it was turned up, but it just sounds like he could be singing much louder. Nothing about this song is too memorable, but it’s still enjoyable nonetheless.

This next song has got to be a Tik Tok song, because I’ve literally never heard of this person and the song’s kind of odd. It’s Frances Forever with Space Girl. Um… there’s literally nothing memorable about this song. Whoever’s singing here sounds alright and I guess the production’s fine, but there’s literally nothing else for me to comment on here.

Ava Max is up next, with her new single from her album Heaven & Hell, My Head & My Heart. This song’s pretty good. I’d still say that Who’s Laughing Now is better and I kind of wish that that song got popular, but whatever. Ava Max sounds really good here and the melody everywhere is pretty good, although I’ve definitely heard the melody in the verses before. Like, the exact same melody. Anyways, this is definitely good, I’d love to see it be as big as Kings & Queens got.

Overwhelmed left the Countdown and re-entered Hit-Bound this week. Again, I don’t really care about this song. It could leave and I’d be fine with that.

So here’s the other actor from that Disney+ show that I was talking about earlier, and he’s actually had surgery. Yikes. Anyways, Joshua Bassett released his new single, Lie Lie Lie yesterday and it’s really good. That chorus is so catchy. He also sounds really good and working with that great production and melody, it just makes a really great song. I really hope that this is a hit.

Best Debut: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI

Countdown Ranking

0 - Crap:
#16: Deep End - Fousheé
#15: Body - Megan Thee Stallion

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#14: Space Girl - Frances Forever

3 - Decent:
#13: Fly Away - Tones And I
#12: Overwhelmed - Royal & the Serpent
#11: Heat Waves - Glass Animals

4 - Good:
#10: Goodbye - Shaylen

5 - Great:
#9: Fix It to Break It - Clinton Kane
#8: My Head & My Heart - Ava Max
#7: Bitter - FLETCHER/Kito
#6: One Whole Day - Dixie D’Amelio/Wiz Khalifa
#5: SO DONE - The Kid LAROI
#4: Broke Boy - Malia Civetz
#3: Stay Next To Me - Quinn XCII/Chelsea Cutler
#2: Lie Lie Lie - Joshua Bassett
#1: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI

Overall Score: 60/80 = 75%

Love Me ‘Till the Daylight, Blurby-Four, Blurby-Five

We lost four songs other than Overwhelmed this week: Heather, Mood, Dynamite and Baby, I’m Jealous. I’m SO GLAD that Heather is finally gone. It stayed for WAY too long here. Mood should’ve done much better here, maybe even hit #1. Dynamite also should’ve done better, although it did decently here for it being a BTS song and I don’t really care about Baby, I’m Jealous.

We also lost three Hit-Bound songs this week: Never the 1, In The Morning and Hawái. I’m quite glad that Never the 1 never debuted, because it really wasn’t good. I couldn’t care less about In The Morning, and I’m not entirely convinced that it’s gone and Hawái should’ve debuted.

Lonely’s up at #17 and although I don’t hate this song, I don’t really love it either and I don’t think it should be this popular.

Prisoner’s approaching the top 10. I’d be fine if it hit the top 10, but I also wouldn’t care if it didn’t.

my ex’s best friend is up at #6 this week. I really want this to hit the top 5, and it surprises me that it hasn’t yet.

That being said, with Wonder moving out of the top 5, it made room for positions, which I’m really happy about.

Monsters returned to #1 this week and while this is much better than Golden, Levitating should definitely be #1.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#1: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior
#2: positions - Ariana Grande
#3: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#4: Holy - Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper
#5: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug
#6: Anyone - Justin Bieber
#7: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby
#8: Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk
#9: Bang! - AJR
#10: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth
#12: Lemonade - Internet Money/Gunna/Don Toliver/NAV
#13: 34+35 - Ariana Grande
#14: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish
#15: Kings & Queens - Ava Max
#16: Body - Megan Thee Stallion
#18: Lonely - Justin Bieber/benny blanco
#20: What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke
#22: willow - Taylor Swift
#24: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#25: Dynamite - BTS
#26: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
#28: I Should Probably Go To Bed - Dan + Shay
#29: Afterglow - Ed Sheeran
#31: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo
#34: Whats Poppin (Remix) - Jack Harlow/Tory Lanez/DaBaby/Lil Wayne
#36: Monster - Shawn Mendes/Justin Bieber
#39: Diamonds - Sam Smith
#40: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#41: my ex’s best friend - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear
#42: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#43: Hawái (Remix) - Maluma/The Weeknd
#46: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd
#47: HOLIDAY - Lil Nas X
#53: 7 Summers - Morgan Wallen
#54: WITHOUT YOU - The Kid LAROI
#57: Take You Dancing - Jason Derulo
#60: Prisoner - Miley Cyrus/Dua Lipa
#65: Golden - Harry Styles
#67: Put Your Records On - Ritt Momney
#70: Monsters - All Time Low/Demi Lovato/blackbear
#71: Midnight Sky - Miley Cyrus
#80: SO DONE - The Kid LAROI
#91: Wonder - Shawn Mendes
#100: Heat Waves - Glass Animals

Top 10 on the Hunger Games Countdown
#10: Anyone - Justin Bieber
#9: Oh My God - Alec Benjamin
#8: Midnight - Alesso/Liam Payne
#7: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas
#6: Goodbye - Shaylen
#5: Mind Is A Prison - Alec Benjamin
#4: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer
#3: Fallin’ (Adrenaline) - Why Don’t We
#2: Fly Away - Tones And I
#1: Bitter - FLETCHER/Kito

Top 10 If the Countdown Made Sense
#10: you broke me first - Tate McRae
#9: Take You Dancing - Jason Derulo
#8: Diamonds - Sam Smith
#7: 34+35 - Ariana Grande
#6: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish
#5: Lonely - Justin Bieber/benny blanco
#4: Bang! - AJR
#3: Levitating - Dua Lipa/DaBaby
#2: Holy - Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper
#1: positions - Ariana Grande

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all later.

27 comments:

  1. First though that doesn't really matter

    *extremely confused because i haven't listened to the countdown in 6 months*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we give the 1 to Dua lipa please

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow nobody committed yet than me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back SuperTacocat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Stay Next To Me: 27 spins
    SO DONE: 25 spins
    Overwhelmed: 21 spins
    Bitter: 18 spins
    Goodbye: 17 spins
    Deep End: 8 spins
    Body: 8 spins
    Lie Lie Lie: 5 spins
    In The Morning: 5 spins
    Girls Like Us: 2 spins

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Stay Next To Me: 27 spins
    SO DONE: 25 spins
    Overwhelmed: 24 spins
    Goodbye: 20 spins
    Bitter: 18 spins
    Deep End: 17 spins
    Body: 15 spins
    Lie Lie Lie: 6 spins
    Girls Like Us: 2 spins

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prediction:
    Out: Bang
    In: Blinding Lights (re-entry) #23
    Biggest Jump: Lasting Lover +10
    Biggest Drop Lonely -10
    Countdown Extra: My head and my heart by Ava Max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not gonna happen you butthole Blinding Lights will not re-enter the countdown it is so old Stay Next to Me will debut this week because it has like over 30 spins

      Delete
    2. And the countdown extra will probably be Lie Lie Lie

      Delete
    3. Oops I will not curse at Jackson sorry

      Delete
    4. It's ok, but HOW DO YOU HATE BLINDING LIGHTS HSIWHDJSJSHSKSJSJ

      Delete
    5. You said WHAT? It’s Jackson not Jacksn

      Delete
  8. Hey everybody! Just letting you all know that I just opened a brand new rankdown!

    https://belugasweekendcountdown.blogspot.com/p/2020-countdown-extras-rankdown.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Stay Next To Me: 27 spins
    SO DONE: 25 spins
    Overwhelmed: 24 spins
    Goodbye: 23 spins
    Bitter: 20 spins
    Body: 20 spins
    Deep End: 18 spins
    Lie Lie Lie: 9 spins
    In The Morning: 4 spins
    Girls Like Us: 1 spin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heat waves just got 2 spins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah but that was today. My spin counts track from one week ago to yesterday.

      Delete
  11. Just did a Hits 1 survey!

    Countdown Songs They Didn't Ask About:
    Bang! - AJR
    Wonder - Shawn Mendes
    Save Myself - Ashe

    Hit-Bound Songs They Asked About:
    Girls Like Us - Zoe Wees
    Stay Next To Me - Quinn XCII/Chelsea Cutler
    Overwhelmed - Royal & the Serpent
    Goodbye - Shaylen
    Fix It to Break It - Clinton Kane
    SO DONE - The Kid LAROI

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe that glass animals will be next month’s hits 1 to watch and maybe the hitbound sound of the week

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Stay Next To Me: 28 spins
    SO DONE: 27 spins
    Overwhelmed: 25 spins
    Body: 23 spins
    Deep End: 16 spins
    Bitter: 15 spins
    Lie Lie Lie: 9 spins
    Heat Waves: 3 spins
    In The Morning: 2 spins
    Girls Like Us: 1 spin

    ReplyDelete
  14. https://wafflescountdownreviews.blogspot.com/2021/01/year-end-special-my-top-25-songs-of-2020.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Goodbye: 41 spins (ya I forgot to add this last week prbbly because I didn't expect it to be so high)
    Stay Next To Me: 30 spins
    Overwhelmed: 27 spins
    SO DONE: 26 spins
    Body: 22 spins
    Deep End: 16 spins
    Bitter: 11 spins
    Heat Waves: 11 spins
    Lie Lie Lie: 9 spins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Goodbye will leave and let Bitter debut instead

      Delete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)