Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Week of August 15, 2020 - Alesso/Liam Payne (1)

Alesso/Liam Payne (1)
Hey, guys! I’m finally back, so you should start expecting all the posts I have to catch up on coming out sometime this week. This Countdown week was alright, we have an okay #1 although it’s still just by another 1D Boi, but whatever, and our entrants are pretty good this week. Let’s jump into this starting with our exits.

Songs We’re Saying Goodbye To
100 Ways - Jackson Wang (#29) [#27] {4 weeks}
17 - Pink Sweat$ (#24) [#24] {5 weeks} [x2]
Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande (#10) [#5] {11 weeks}

Last Week’s #1: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles (7)

#30: Breaking Me - Topic/A7S (DEBUT) [9* weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#29: I Should Probably Go To Bed - Dan + Shay (+1) [#29] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#28: Let There Be Love - Ananya Birla (-1) [#27] {3 weeks}
#27: my future - Billie Eilish (+1) [#27] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#26: Funny - Zedd/Jasmine Thompson (-3) [#22] {4 weeks}
#25: Be Like That - Kane Brown/Swae Lee/Khalid (-5) [#20] {3 weeks}
#24: Wildflower - 5 Seconds of Summer (DEBUT) [6** weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#23: WHATS POPPIN - Jack Harlow (-5) [#18] {2 weeks}
#22: Lose Somebody - Kygo/OneRepublic (+4) [#22] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#21: Past Life - Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez (-) [#20] {4 weeks}
#20: Nobody’s Love - Maroon 5 (+2) [#20] {3 weeks}
#19: Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane (RE-ENTRY) [#16] {8 weeks}
#18: Control - Zoe Wees (-6) [#12] {7 weeks}
#17: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek (+8) [#17] {14 weeks} *new peak*
#16: Daisies - Katy Perry (+3) [#16] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#15: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello (-1) [#14] {4 weeks}
#14: cardigan - Taylor Swift (+1) [#14] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#13: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa (-5) [#2] {17 weeks}
#12: Heather - Conan Gray (+5) [#12] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#11: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch (+5) [#11] {8 weeks} *new peak*
#10: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth (-1) [#9] {10 weeks}
#9: Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton (+4) [#8] {20 weeks}
#8: Old Me - 5 Seconds of Summer (-4) [1 week at #1] {20 weeks}
#7: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo (+4) [#7] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#6: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi (+1) [1 week at #1] {28 weeks}
#5: Kings & Queens - Ava Max (+1) [#5] {7 weeks} *new peak*
#4: me & ur ghost - blackbear (+1) [#4] {17 weeks} *new peak*
#3: Moral of the Story - Ashe/Niall Horan (-) [#3] {14 weeks}
#2: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles (-1) [7 weeks at #1] {23 weeks}
#1: Midnight - Alesso/Liam Payne (+1) [1st week at #1] {16 weeks} *new peak*

Last Year’s #1: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes [6/9 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: F2020 - Avenue Beat

Our first debut of the week, at #30, is Breaking Me, by producer Topic, and singer A7S. This honestly should’ve debuted a long time ago. It’s a great song too, so I’m confused why it didn’t debut, like, a month ago. But anyways, it’s here now, so hopefully it does well. The production here is really good, and reminds me a lot of Roses, (the remix) and A7S really brings this home with his vocals. His voice is kind of like Lewis Capaldi’s, except a little less extreme, which I like. I really hope this does well here, and I’m pretty hopeful, since it debuted on the Hot 100.

5 Seconds of Summer bring their fourth single from their album CALM next, called Wildflower. This is MUCH better than Old Me. I’m not sure where I’d place it among Easier and Teeth, since I actually quite like both songs, but I’ll definitely remember this as one of the better 5SOS songs, no matter what happens. Luke Hemmings actually sounds really good here, and although I don’t really love the intro/outro and the “tell you what I like” part, the production and everything is actually quite good. Especially in the chorus, when you have the hits (You’re the only one who makes me- HIT/Every time we- HIT) they were made really well, and add a ton to the song. If this hits #1, I honestly don’t think I’d be that disappointed.

Like That is back. It never should’ve left in the first place, but whatever. Hopefully, it doesn’t leave again before its run is finished.

Best Entrant: Breaking Me - Topic/A7S

Biggest DROP!!!: Control - Zoe Wees (-6): Hahahahahaha. So funny how this flopped even after all of Hits 1’s pushing it.

Biggest Jump: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek (+8): Woah. I’m genuinely surprised, but really happy that this is becoming a hit here. Now if it could only hold on to a top 20 spot, that’d be much appreciated.

Countdown Ranking

0 - Crap:
#30: Daisies - Katy Perry
#29: Heather - Conan Gray
#28: Moral of the Story - Ashe/Niall Horan
#27: my future - Billie Eilish
#26: Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton

1 - Bad:
#25: Old Me - 5 Seconds of Summer

2 - Mediocre:
#24: Nobody’s Love - Maroon 5

3 - Decent:
#23: cardigan - Taylor Swift
#22: Control - Zoe Wees
#21: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#20: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa

4 - Good:
#19: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#18: Be Like That - Kane Brown/Swae Lee/Khalid
#17: me & ur ghost - blackbear
#16: Midnight - Alesso/Liam Payne
#15: Funny - Zedd/Jasmine Thompson
#14: Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane
#13: Past Life - Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez

5 - Great:
#12: Kings & Queens - Ava Max
#11: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth
#10: Wildflower - 5 Seconds of Summer
#9: I Should Probably Go To Bed - Dan + Shay
#8: Breaking Me - Topic/A7S
#7: Let There Be Love - Ananya Birla
#6: WHATS POPPIN - Jack Harlow
#5: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek
#4: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
#3: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo
#2: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello
#1: Lose Somebody - Kygo/OneRepublic

Overall Score: 103/150 = 69%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Midnight - Alesso/Liam Payne {16 weeks}
#4: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa & me & ur ghost - blackbear {17 weeks}
#3: Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton & Old Me - 5 Seconds of Summer {20 weeks}
#2: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles {23 weeks}
#1: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi {28 weeks}

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Jaja Ding Dong - Will Ferrell/My Marianne

My Favourite Song Last Year: Trampoline - SHAED

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: Truth Hurts - Lizzo

Hit-Bound
Angels & Demons - jxdn [2]
POPSTAR - DJ Khaled/Drake [4*]
exile - Taylor Swift/Bon Iver [2*]
Black And White - Niall Horan [11**]
Tap In - Saweetie [2*]
Falling - Harry Styles [11*]
Be Happy - Dixie D’Amelio [4*]
Wishing Well - Juice WRLD [3*]
Midnight Sky - Miley Cyrus [1]
F2020 - Avenue Beat [2*]
Heartless - Diplo/Julia Michaels/Morgan Wallen [7**; 2nd time]
queen of broken hearts - blackbear [4*]
Bang! - AJR [16]
Don’t Rush - Young T & Bugsey/Headie One [8]
ily (i love you baby) - Surf Mesa/Emilee [4*]

Also Available For Vote
Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior [1*]
Figure It Out - Blu DeTiger [1*]
Stunnin’ - Curtis Waters/Harm Franklin [1*]
Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk [1*]

New Miley Cyrus music comes up first in our Hit-Bound arrivals, and this one’s called Midnight Sky. The production here reminds me a lot of most of Dua Lipa’s album Future Nostalgia, which is definitely a good thing. In fact, I actually really like the production. I just don’t think that Miley was the best choice for vocals here. Let me get this straight, I don’t hate her voice, and I can definitely see this growing on me, but I just don’t love her voice either. Solid song though.

For some reason, Heartless is back on Hit-Bound. Gotta say, I definitely didn’t expect this, but I’m happy nonetheless. Hopefully it re-enters, but I definitely have my doubts.

24kGoldn is next, with his follow-up song to CITY OF ANGELS, Mood with iann dior. This is actually better than COA in many ways. My main problem with CITY OF ANGELS was that I didn’t love 24kGoldn’s voice, since it sounded a bit scratchy and stuff, and his voice is a LOT better here. Like, a LOT better. iann dior also adds quite a bit here, and makes the song feel really fresh. The production is spectacular, and the song is just SO CATCHY. I dare you to listen to it and not have it stuck in your head for the next two hours. Good luck. You’ll need it.

Figure It Out by Blu DeTiger is next, and this song’s super uninteresting. Her voice kind of reminds me of Dixie D’Amelio’s, but other than that, there’s really nothing to talk about. It’s extremely forgettable, and the production’s really boring. Next.

A TikTok song is next, by the name of Stunnin’ by Curtis Waters and Harm Franklin. I haven’t heard this song too much yet, but from what I’ve gathered from it, it’s pretty solid. Both artists are alright here, and the production’s definitely solid. It’s also pretty catchy, but I just can’t remember much about it. Expect me to establish an opinion on it next week.

Drake has a new song, and it makes its debut here really quickly. It’s called Laugh Now Cry Later, with the lesser-known Lil Durk, and this is super solid. I actually quite like the horns with the production and stuff, and the beat works really well with it. I think Drake delivers really well here, much better than in POPSTAR (although I am turning around on that), and Lil Durk actually delivers a pretty good verse. I seriously don’t find his voice that annoying, as I thought I would when I first read his name. Yeah, this is good. I hope this becomes Drake’s first song of 2020 to debut the Weekend Countdown.

Best Entrant: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Crap:
#19: Tap In - Saweetie

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#18: ily (i love you baby) - Surf Mesa/Emilee
#17: Figure It Out - Blu DeTiger

3 - Decent:
#16: Midnight Sky - Miley Cyrus
#15: Be Happy - Dixie D’Amelio
#14: POPSTAR - DJ Khaled/Drake
#13: Stunnin’ - Curtis Waters/Harm Franklin
#12: Black And White - Niall Horan

4 - Good:
#11: Angels & Demons - jxdn
#10: queen of broken hearts - blackbear
#9: Laugh Now Cry Later - Drake/Lil Durk

5 - Great:
#8: Wishing Well - Juice WRLD
#7: F2020 - Avenue Beat
#6: Don’t Rush - Young T & Bugsey/Headie One
#5: Falling - Harry Styles
#4: Heartless - Diplo/Julia Michaels/Morgan Wallen
#3: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior
#2: exile - Taylor Swift/Bon Iver
#1: Bang! - AJR

Overall Score: 71/95 = 75%

You’re the Only One Who Makes Me (Blurb) Every Time We (Blurb)

We lost three songs from the Countdown this week: 100 Ways, 17 and Rain On Me. The former two won’t be missed by me all that much, since both were extremely forgettable, but RAIN ON ME NOOOOOOO. I really wish that this was a bigger hit, and I’m really sad to see it go so soon. Happy with that top 5 peak though.

Blueberry Faygo left Hit-Bound this week. I’m not that sad to be honest, since its run is starting to expire everywhere.

Bruh, how is Let There Be Love not higher? Have people not realized how good of a song it is? Even with all the pushing Hits 1 is doing?

Kind of sucks to see WHATS POPPIN drop on its second week. I was kind of hoping that it would do well here.

Wha- Lose Somebody jumped? It was doing really bad on airplay this week, so I’m not sure how it jumped, but I am definitely happy. I hope it becomes a slow hit.

Sucks to see Daisies and Heather getting jumps. Neither of them deserve to be hits.

I realized that I actually like me & ur ghost, even if it shouldn't be here.

ROCKSTAR, on the other hand though, is getting really close to the top 10, and I really hope it makes it. It would be nice to see Roddy Ricch get a top 10 hit on Hits 1.

Old Me seems to finally be on its way out. This was long overdue.

Savage Love continues to make big jumps this week, coming into the top 10. I really hope this sees the top 5 soon.

Kings & Queens is in the top 5! Wooh!

I swear, if Bang! doesn’t debut next week, I am going to go on a raaaant.

Midnight hit #1 this week, which I find a little surprising, especially considering Watermelon Sugar is now #1 on the Hot 100. Ah, whatever, I’ve given up on Hits 1 being accurate.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#1: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#2: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
#3: WHATS POPPIN (Remix) - Jack Harlow/Tory Lanez/DaBaby/Lil Wayne
#4: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#5: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek
#6: my future - Billie Eilish
#7: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo
#8: cardigan - Taylor Swift
#10: Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey
#11: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#12: Adore You - Harry Styles
#13: Savage (Remix) - Megan Thee Stallion/Beyoncé
#14: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa
#15: I Hope - Gabby Barrett
#16: Circles - Post Malone
#17: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello
#18: POPSTAR - DJ Khaled/Drake
#21: Wishing Well - Juice WRLD
#22: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa
#24: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee
#28: The Bones - Maren Morris
#32: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo
#33: Say So - Doja Cat/Nicki MInaj
#35: Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande
#36: exile - Taylor Swift/Bon Iver
#37: The Box - Roddy Ricch
#43: I Should Probably Go To Bed - Dan + Shay
#45: Nobody’s Love - Maroon 5
#47: Be Like That - Kane Brown/Swae Lee/Khalid
#48: Falling - Trevor Daniel
#49: Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton
#50: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels
#53: Tap In - Saweetie
#57: Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane
#64: Toosie Slide - Drake
#75: MAMACITA - Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul
#77: Don’t Rush - Young T & Bugsey/Headie One
#78: Bang! - AJR
#79: Stuck with U - Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber
#87: ily (i love you baby) - Surf Mesa/Emilee
#88: Be Kind - Marshmello/Halsey
#95: Breaking Me - Topic/A7S

Top 10 on the Hunger Games Countdown
#10: Mind Is A Prison - Alec Benjamin
#9: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello
#8: Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey
#7: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas
#6: Drinks - Cyn
#5: WHATS POPPIN - Jack Harlow
#4: Small Talk - Niall Horan
#3: Kings & Queens - Ava Max
#2: Man - JoJo
#1: Past Life - Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez

Top 10 If the Countdown Made Sense
#10: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello
#9: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth
#8: WHATS POPPIN - Jack Harlow
#7: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa
#6: cardigan - Taylor Swift
#5: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#4: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo
#3: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek
#2: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
#1: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles 

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all... soon?

23 comments:

  1. "I swear, if Bang! doesn’t debut next week, I am going to go on a raaaant."

    Good news: Bang debuted the countdown on Week of August 22, 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, you have something to rant about not about bang though (_____ __ ___ _____)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can y'all just call me Bubby not 13Bubby

    ReplyDelete
  4. #teamnoclairerosinkranz
    #teamjonasbrothers
    #teamavenuebeat
    #teamconangray

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you done the Google Form to my rankdown?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, POPSTAR Grew On You. It’s growing on me too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shake It should be on the voting poll

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Be Happy: 51 spins
    Mood: 38 spins
    Laugh Now Cry Later: 35 spins
    F2020: 34 spins
    Falling: 27 spins
    Dynamite: 25 spins
    queen of broken hearts: 23 spins
    Heartless: 22 spins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang. Thank you all so much for everything. Seriously, I'm nothing without you guys.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, baby! Close to 100K Pageviews, If we can get to 100K Pageviews, you could do a Weekend Countdown for 5/30/2015.

      Delete
  9. https://wafflescountdownreviews.blogspot.com/2020/08/ashe-1-week-of-august-22-2020.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. 5/14/2011 Throwback Top 20 Review:

    0-Awful
    20. S&M

    1-Bad
    19. Jar Of Hearts
    18. Price Tag
    17. The Lazy Song

    2-Mediocre
    16. Closer To The Edge
    15. ...What THe Hell?
    14. Hey Baby
    13. On The Floor

    3-Decent
    12. Love In America
    11. For The First Time

    4-Good
    10. Tonight Tonight
    9. Good Life
    8. Written In The Stars

    5-Great
    7. Fucking Perfect
    6. E.T
    5. Photograph
    4. Blow
    3. Just Can't Get Enough
    2. Your Surrender
    1. Rolling In The Deep

    Overall Score: 64/100 = 64% (Good)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    Mood: 49 spins
    Be Happy: 45 spins
    F2020: 38 spins
    Laugh Now Cry Later: 35 spins
    Dynamite: 32 spins
    Falling: 28 spins
    Heartless: 24 spins
    queen of broken hearts: 19 spins

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)