Saturday, July 4, 2020

Week of July 4, 2020 - Harry Styles (2)

Harry Styles (2)

Spyder’s back!!! I missed him so much, and it’s really nice to hear his voice again. I wish him all the best with his eye surgery and everything that happened there. Also, do you guys remember Michael Yo from Hits 1 in Hollywood? Because he just auditioned for America’s Got Talent for comedy. He got through too! Good for him. With all that being said, let’s jump into this week’s Countdown.

Songs We’re Saying Goodbye To
17 - Pink Sweat$ (#30) [#30] {1 week}
Banana (Minisiren Remix) - Conkarah/Shaggy/DJ Fle (#28) [#22] {3 weeks}
Maniac - Conan Gray (#19) [#2] {16 weeks}

Last Week’s #1: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles (1)

#30: MAMACITA - Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul (RE-ENTRY) [#30] {2 weeks}
#29: Cruel Summer - Taylor Swift (-2) [#27] {3 weeks}
#28: Control - Zoe Wees (DEBUT) [0 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#27: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek (-1) [#19] {8 weeks}
#26: Kings & Queens - Ava Max (DEBUT) [10* weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#25: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee (-5) [#19] {15 weeks}
#24: Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane (-6) [#18] {4 weeks}
#23: Moral of the Story - Ashe/Niall Horan (+6) [#23] {8 weeks} *new peak*
#22: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd (-5) [6 weeks at #1] {20 weeks}
#21: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth (+4) [#21] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#20: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch (+4) [#20] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#19: The Bones - Maren Morris (-10) [#8] {10 weeks}
#18: Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey (+4) [#18] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#17: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo (-1) [#11] {17 weeks}
#16: Falling - Trevor Daniel (-1) [#14] {13 weeks}
#15: Level of Concern - Twenty One Pilots (-8) [#7] {12 weeks}
#14: Savage - Megan Thee Stallion (-3) [#11] {4 weeks}
#13: Oh My God - Alec Benjamin (+8) [#13] {11 weeks} *new peak*
#12: Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton (-4) [#8] {14 weeks}
#11: Stuck with U - Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber (+12) [#11] {8 weeks} *new peak*
#10: X - Jonas Brothers/KAROL G (-) [#10] {7 weeks}
#9: Be Kind - Marshmello/Halsey (-3) [#6] {9 weeks}
#8: Sunday Best - Surfaces (+5) [#8] {15 weeks} *new peak*
#7: Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande (+7) [#7] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#6: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi (+6) [1 week at #1] {22 weeks}
#5: Midnight - Alesso/Liam Payne (-3) [#2] {10 weeks}
#4: No Judgement - Niall Horan (-1) [1 week at #1] {17 weeks}
#3: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa (+1) [#3] {11 weeks}
#2: Old Me - 5 Seconds of Summer (+3) [1 week at #1] {14 weeks}
#1: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles (-) [2nd week at #1] {17 weeks}

Last Year’s #1: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes [2/9 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: 17 - Pink Sweat$

Hits 1 to Watch: Control - Zoe Wees

MAMACITA re-entered this week at #30. It didn’t need to leave last week, it easily could’ve just stayed on the Countdown. Whatever, I’m still glad it’s here.

So Hits 1 restarting something they used to do, called the Hits 1s to Watch. So basically, they just highlight an up and coming artist and their newest song. The first Hits 1 to Watch is Zoe Wees, and with the push, she actually debuted this week with Control. This song’s alright. She kind of reminds me of a female Lewis Capaldi with better production. I actually kind of like her voice (in case you haven’t been able to tell, Capaldi, Breaking Me, etc.) and the production in this song is great. It has this cool beat with some heavy reverb in the verses, and it makes for some very interesting production. The song can get a bit boring though, and that’s my biggest problem with it, but that blue is definitely leaning more towards green than red. Oh also, I’m pretty sure it’s in the same key as Midnight, and the two choruses are actually quite similar.

Ava Max finally scores her first song on the Countdown since So Am I, as Kings & Queens debuts after way too long in Hit-Bound. Although this isn’t a hit, it’s a pretty good non-hit, so I’m happy that it’s here. Ava Max sounds great (when does she not?) and the layering in the chorus really adds to that. On top of all that, it has some pretty great writing too. I like the references to chess in the bridge, and probably my favourite line is: “And you might think I'm weak without a sword/But if I had one, it'd be bigger than yours”. I love that. *9 weeks in Hit-Bound, 10 weeks on Voting Poll

Best Entrant: Kings & Queens - Ava Max

Biggest DROP!!!: The Bones - Maren Morris (-10): Aw. Really? I hate how Hits 1 gets rid of actual hits, when they have three non-hits in their top 5. I was really hoping this would do well here.

Biggest Jump: Stuck with U - Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber (+12): I guess this song is starting to rise again in pop radio? Maybe? I don’t know. It’s extremely forgettable, and I’m sure I’m just gonna forget that it’s near the top 10 by next week. #teamrainonme4dayzzzzz

Countdown Ranking

0 - Crap:
#30: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee
#29: Moral of the Story - Ashe/Niall Horan
#28: Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton

1 - Bad:
#27: Falling - Trevor Daniel

2 - Mediocre:
#26: Oh My God - Alec Benjamin
#25: Old Me - 5 Seconds of Summer
#24: No Judgement - Niall Horan

3 - Decent:
#23: Control - Zoe Wees
#22: Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane
#21: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo
#20: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#19: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles

4 - Good:
#18: Stuck with U - Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber
#17: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa
#16: Level of Concern - Twenty One Pilots
#15: X - Jonas Brothers/KAROL G
#14: MAMACITA - Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul

5 - Great:
#13: Kings & Queens - Ava Max
#12: Savage - Megan Thee Stallion
#11: Midnight - Alesso/Liam Payne
#10: Sunday Best - Surfaces
#9: The Bones - Maren Morris
#8: Be Kind - Marshmello/Halsey
#7: Cruel Summer - Taylor Swift
#6: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth
#5: Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey
#4: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#3: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek
#2: Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande

Bonus: 6 - Best Song is in the Top 20
#1: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch

Overall Score: 108/150 = 72%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton & Old Me - 5 Seconds of Summer {14 weeks}
#4: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee & Sunday Best - Surfaces {15 weeks}
#3: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo, No Judgement - Niall Horan & Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles {17 weeks}
#2: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd {20 weeks}
#1: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi {22 weeks}

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo

My Favourite Song Last Year: I Don’t Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: when the party’s over - Billie Eilish

Hit-Bound
Drinks - Cyn [2]
Lose Somebody - Kygo/OneRepublic [2]
Banana (Minisiren Remix) - Conkarah/Shaggy/DJ Fle [1; 2nd time]
Wildflower - 5 Seconds of Summer [1]
Don’t Rush - Young T & Bugsey/Headie One [3]
Together - Sia [7*]
Falling - Harry Styles [5*]
Breaking Me - Topic/A7S [4*]
Daisies - Katy Perry [8*]
100 Ways - Jackson Wang [11*]
Bang! - AJR [10]
Ur So F**kInG cOoL - Tones And I [5]
Man - JoJo [4*]
Heartless - Diplo/Julia Michaels/Morgan Wallen [3; 2nd time]
17 - Pink Sweat$ [1; 2nd time]

Also Available For Vote
Heather - Conan Gray [1*]
Black And White - Niall Horan [5**]

Banana and 17 left the Countdown and came back to Hit-Bound this week. I probably would’ve been alright to just let go of Banana, since it’s a really weird song, and I find it ridiculous how much Hits 1 is trying to push 17 as a hit, since they refused to let it go, eventually did let it go, brought it back, had it debut the Countdown at the bottom spot, leave the next week, and now they’ve put it as the Countdown Extra to try and get it to re-enter next week. The song’s just not worth the effort, guys.

I feel like I’m gonna not like this as much in a couple of months since Hits 1 is gonna overplay the crap out of it, but at least for now, Wildflower by 5 Seconds of Summer is the best single from CALM. It’s actually quite catchy and unique, and it’s a nice upbeat change from Easier, Teeth and Old Me. I don’t love the dude saying “tell you what I like” sexily, but other than that, it’s good. Other than the lyrics. Y’know, if you just don’t fill in the gaps with your brain, it isn’t as bad. But yeah, this is good.

On the bad part of the Hit-Bound debuts this week, we have a ballad by Conan Gray of all people. I think Heather was a huge mistake. I actually quite liked Maniac, but I don’t think Conan should’ve done a ballad. He doesn’t quite have the voice for a close-to-the-mic, ASMR-type, minimalistic production song. I tried to look up what the lyrics are about, because they kind of confused me, but apparently he hasn’t specified, so everybody’s just left to be confused. He said it was based on a real life experience he had though, so I don’t know. If you want to look up the lyrics, you can, because I really don’t feel like explaining them.

Best Entrant: Wildflower - 5 Seconds of Summer

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Crap:
#17: Drinks - Cyn
#16: Daisies - Katy Perry
#15: Heather - Conan Gray

1 - Bad:
#14: Man - JoJo
#13: 100 Ways - Jackson Wang

2 - Mediocre:
NONE!

3 - Decent:
#12: 17 - Pink Sweat$
#11: Banana (Minisiren Remix) - Conkarah/Shaggy/DJ Fle
#10: Together - Sia

4 - Good:
#9: Black And White - Niall Horan
#8: Don’t Rush - Young T & Bugsey/Headie One
#7: Wildflower - 5 Seconds of Summer

5 - Great:
#6: Ur So F**kInG cOoL - Tones And I
#5: Falling - Harry Styles
#4: Bang! - AJR
#3: Heartless - Diplo/Julia Michaels/Morgan Wallen
#2: Breaking Me - Topic/A7S
#1: Lose Somebody - Kygo/OneRepublic

Overall Score: 53/85 = 62%

If All of the Blurbs Had Their Queens on the Throne

We actually only lost one song this week, Maniac by Conan Gray. I actually quite liked the song, and although it was getting on the old side, it was definitely still good. Ah well, it’s probably gonna be on whatever they’re doing for a Year-End list this year.

Cruel Summer seems to be a flop, which I guess makes sense, since it’s not actually a single, but Hits 1 doesn’t make sense anyways, so why not make it jump into the top 10?

What is a top 4 Hot 100 hit doing in the bottom 4 on the Countdown? Yes, I am talking about Roses, and no, I will not stop complaining about it. Just make it jump already, Hits 1.

Speaking of hits that are probably too low, Like That took a hit this week after having the biggest jump last week. Logic? Pffffssshhhh, what’s that? (I hope you understood the sound that I made there, if not, just say all the letters together, and you should get it. Fun fact, you just tried it)

I hate that Moral of the Story is getting success just because of Niall. I mean come on, Hits 1. At least try to be subtle about your stanning.

Blinding Lights left the top 20 this week. If you need me, I’ll be crying in the comments section of when this first debuted.

Spyder tried to say Roddy Ricch for the first time on air today, and it was very funny. Speaking of Roddy Ricch, ROCKSTAR is in the top 20!!!

Blueberry Faygo is also in the top 20, so that’s very much fun.

Why is Oh My God back up at a new peak? Come on, bros. Alec Benjamin doesn’t deserve that, much less with this song.

RainOnMe. (We love to hear it in the top 10)

Why the heck is Before You Go back in the top 10? This song has had the weirdest run ever. Just leave already.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#1: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
#2: Savage (Remix) - Megan Thee Stallion/Beyoncé
#3: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#4: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek
#5: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo
#6: Say So - Doja Cat/Nicki Minaj
#9: Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey
#10: Circles - Post Malone
#11: Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande
#12: Adore You - Harry Styles
#13: The Bones - Maren Morris
#14: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa
#15: The Box - Roddy Ricch
#16: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#17: I Hope - Gabby Barrett
#19: Falling - Trevor Daniel
#20: Toosie Slide - Drake
#22: Sunday Best - Surfaces
#23: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa
#24: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee
#27: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#28: Stuck with U - Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber
#40: Memories - Maroon 5
#41: Be Kind - Marshmello/Halsey
#42: Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton
#47: hot girl bummer - blackbear
#49: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish
#52: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels
#58: Don’t Rush - Young T & Bugsey/Headie One
#62: MAMACITA - Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul
#72: Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane
#79: Daisies - Katy Perry
#80: In Your Eyes - The Weeknd
#85: X - Jonas Brothers/KAROL G
#90: Level of Concern - Twenty One Pilots
#99: Bang! - AJR

Top 10 on the Hunger Games Countdown
#10: Mind Is A Prison - Alec Benjamin
#9: Sunday Best - Surfaces
#8: YOU CAN’T HOLD MY HEART - Monsta X
#7: Old Me - 5 Seconds of Summer
#6: Let’s Fall in Love for the Night - FINNEAS
#5: MAMACITA - Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul
#4: Know Your Worth - Khalid/Disclosure
#3: Kings & Queens - Ava Max
#2: Good Thing - Zedd/Kehlani
#1: Maniac - Conan Gray

Top 10 If the Countdown Made Sense
#10: Falling - Trevor Daniel
#9: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth
#8: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#7: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#6: The Bones - Maren Morris
#5: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
#4: Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande
#3: Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey
#2: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo
#1: Savage - Megan Thee Stallion

59 comments:

  1. My Blog Post Is Out Everybody: https://joeshits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2020/07/harry-styles-2-week-of-july-4-2020-4th.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Event 5 results are up on the Weekend Countdown Olympics! Congrats to everyone who competed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something I wanted to pull out, since what year when did Hits 1 stop doing the Hits 1 to Watch? It's obviously been so long that I can't even remember now.

    I'm also still waiting for the Top 45 to come back. I feel like 30 songs on the countdown just isn't the same since this whole COVID-19 pandemic spread across the world and many of the artists heard here or on any SiriusXM radio station haven't released any new songs out yet when this actually happened. But hey, at least it's been almost four months now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure when they stopped Hits 1s to Watch, but they said they were bringing it back earlier this week in the Morning Mash Up. Also, if you want some good news, they sent out a survey for the WutchuWant Crew, asking if they preferred the 30 song or 45 song Countdown more, so there's a chance that it'll come back.

      Delete
    2. I definitely hope it's the top 45 because it's been like that all the time. Where's the link?

      Delete
    3. There is no link - You have to get an email from SiriusXM Hits 1 as a hitmaker and take the survey. Either way, we must make sure that we all vote 45 because that was so much better than 30.

      Delete
    4. Funny thing is I haven't gotten a Hits 1 HitMaker link in over a month even though I've gotten it in the past. Ah well.

      Delete
  4. I'll tell you sad news. Black and White is leaving Hit-Bound...






    ...Goodbye, B&W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not even a single as far as I know. Same with Small Talk so not really surprised they didn't last very long. Heartbreak Weather is infinitely better anyway so hopefully that will be his next single.

      Delete
  5. Check out the 2019 Ultimate Rank to see what song #60-#51 are, and to do the next Community Rankings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew to really like Black And White. Goodbye Black And White, you will be missed.

      Delete
  6. My Blog Post Is Out Everybody: https://joesat40posts.blogspot.com/2020/07/at40-justin-bieberquavo-1-week-of-july.html

    Finally got this out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. New Music Alert! Juice WRLD/Halsey - Life's A Mess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's definitely gonna be on Hits 1.

      Delete
    2. Well... It's Halsey, we all know it's gonna be on Hits1.

      Delete
    3. Oh yay more Halsey!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    4. I don't think Life's A Mess is terrible, but it's not really good. I think it's okay.

      Delete
    5. Agreed. I’ve heard way better and way worse songs from both of them.

      Delete
    6. I haven't listened to it yet, but I probably will when it inevitably gets added to the voting poll.

      Delete
    7. It's definitely better than songs like Fast and Now Or Never. Both of which I found bad.

      Delete
    8. In before 13Bubby complains that we need more Halsey.

      Delete
    9. Dang, I actually really liked Fast.

      Delete
    10. Wanna believe wanna believe that Halsey's gooooone

      Delete
  8. Beluga, I turned on comment moderation on my AT40, Hits1, and Billboard posts. So that I can stop Chase from commenting on my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Post Is Out Everybody: https://joesbillboardhot100posts.blogspot.com/2020/07/billboard-hot-100-overview-dababy-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hit-Bound Songs with the Most Airplay:
    Heartless - Diplo/Julia Michaels/Morgan Wallen
    Banana (Minisiren Remix) - Conkarah/Shaggy/DJ Fle
    17 - Pink Sweat$
    Bang! - AJR
    Ur So F**kInG cOoL - Tones And I
    100 Ways - Jackson Wang
    Together - Sia
    Daisies - Katy Perry

    ReplyDelete
  11. With the exceptions of Banana, 100 Ways, and 17, Yay for all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. https://wafflescountdownreviews.blogspot.com/2020/07/harry-styles-2-week-of-july-4-2020.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. My birthday is this saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sorry for commenting as Unknown. I was meant to comment as Countdown Reviewa.

      Delete
    2. Do you post hidden names? I can see wow! This is amazing.

      Delete
    3. No, those are robots that generate fake traffic on my blog to help boost theirs. It's not actual people.

      Delete
  14. I have been jamming out to Push My Luck recently for no apparent reason.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hits 1 updated the voting poll!

    Available:
    Past Life - Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez

    Unavailable:
    Black And White - Niall Horan
    X - Jonas Brothers/KAROL G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

      Delete
    2. Yeah, when I was doing CTRL + F, I think I typed Black And White, instead of Black & White, which is what it is on the poll.

      Delete
    3. Hit-Bound Sound of the Week - Tones & I - Ur So cOoL
      It ended at Coronavirus after Sunday Best
      It's back.

      Delete
    4. Nooooo I want X to last longer

      Delete
  16. Ugh don't rush needs to be on the poll

    ReplyDelete
  17. New music alert
    Smile - Katy Perry
    queen of broken hearts - Blackbeard
    Make you dance - Meghan Trainor
    Be like that - Kane brown swae lee khalid

    ReplyDelete
  18. Black And White isn't gone, tonight's Hit-Bound is titled "Ear-Poppin' Music from Niall Horan"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be gone and there's a new Niall Horan

      Delete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)