Friday, July 10, 2020

Hot 100 Top 40: Week of July 11, 2020 - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch (4)

DaBaby/Roddy Ricch (4)

The #1 this week is still awesome, and we had a fantastic debut, with exits that I'm very happy about. We got a surprising but welcome #2, and a rather unwelcome #10. As for On the Verge... that's another story.

Songs We're Saying Goodbye To
Memories - Maroon 5 (#40) [#2] {41st week}
Here And Now - Kenny Chesney (#38) [#38] {13th week}
BLACK PARADE - Beyoncé (#37) [#37] {2nd week}
TROLLZ - 6ix9ine/Nicki Minaj (#34) [1 week at #1] {3rd week}

Last Week's #1: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch (3)

#40: Walk Em Down - NLE Choppa/Roddy Ricch (-1) [#38] {15 weeks}
#39: Be Kind - Marshmello/Halsey (T40 RE-ENTRY) (+2) [#29] {9 weeks}
#38: THE SCOTTS - THE SCOTTS (-3) [1 week at #1] {10 weeks}
#37: Emotionally Scarred - Lil Baby (-1) [#31] {18 weeks}
#36: High Fashion - Roddy Ricch/Mustard (-5) [#20] {27 weeks}
#35: Bluebird - Miranda Lambert (-2) [#33] {13 weeks}
#34: Stuck with U - Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber (-6) [1 week at #1] {8 weeks}
#33: How You Like That - BLACKPINK (H100 DEBUT) [#33] {1 week}
#32: Chasin' You - Morgan Wallen (-2) [#16] {23 weeks}
#31: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo (T40 DEBUT) (+12) [#31] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#30: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug (+2) [#30] {8 weeks} *new peak*
#29: Party Girl - StaySolidRocky (-4) [#21] {10 weeks}
#28: Girls in the Hood - Megan Thee Stallion (H100 DEBUT) [#28] {1 week}
#27: Hard To Forget - Sam Hunt (-1) [#26] {14 weeks}
#26: Toosie Slide - Drake (-6) [1 week at #1] {13 weeks}
#25: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi (+2) [#25] {22 weeks} *new peak*
#24: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee (-) [#23] {16 weeks}
#23: Sunday Best - Surfaces (-1) [#19] {18 weeks}
#22: One Margarita - Luke Bryan (+7) [#22] {9 weeks} *new peak*
#21: I Hope - Gabby Barrett (-4) [#16] {27 weeks}
#20: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa (+3) [#20] {14 weeks} *new peak*
#19: Falling - Trevor Daniel (-) [#17] {33 weeks}
#18: Life Is Good - Future/Drake (+3) [#2] {25 weeks}
#17: The Bones - Maren Morris (-4) [#12] {41 weeks}
#16: The Box - Roddy Ricch (-1) [11 weeks at #1] {30 weeks}
#15: Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa (-1) [#2] {35 weeks}
#14: The Bigger Picture - Lil Baby (-7) [#3] {3 weeks}
#13: Circles - Post Malone (-3) [3 weeks at #1] {44 weeks}
#12: Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande (-1) [1 week at #1] {6 weeks}
#11: Adore You - Harry Styles (+1) [#6] {30 weeks}
#10: We Paid - Lil Baby/42 Dugg (+8) [#10] {9 weeks} *new peak*
#9: Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey (-) [#9] {21 weeks}
#8: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles (+8) [#8] {15 weeks} *new peak*
#7: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo (-2) [#5] {21 weeks}
#6: Say So - Doja Cat/Nicki Minaj (-) [1 week at #1] {26 weeks}
#5: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek (-1) [#4] {15 weeks}
#4: Savage - Megan Thee Stallion/Beyoncé (-2) [1 week at #1] {16 weeks}
#3: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd (-) [4 weeks at #1] {31 weeks}
#2: WHATS POPPIN (Remix) - Jack Harlow/Tory Lanez/DaBaby/Lil Wayne (+6) [#2] {21 weeks} *new peak*
#1: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch (-) [4th week at #1] {11 weeks}

Last Year's #1: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus [14/19 weeks at #1]

Our lowest entrant this year is a re-entry from Be Kind, which left last week, and I'm definitely happy that it's back. Hopefully, it can stick around for a while more.

Next up is a Hot 100 debut, How You Like That by BLACKPINK. Although this is k-pop, it's not terrible. The verses are actually quite good, and the production's really good. I don't love the weird production in the chorus though. The rapping in the second verse is alright, although definitely not as good as the first verse. But yeah, overall, this is solid.

I reviewed this song last week, and now I know the backstory behind it. So basically, there was an instrumental loop called Laxed - Siren Beat, by Jawsh 685, and it became a trend on TikTok. Then Jason Derulo made lyrics to it on his TikTok account, and people told him he should record it, so he did, and called it Savage Love, and here it is, in the top 40 on the Hot 100. The production is fantastic, and Jason Derulo sounds incredible. Especially in the verses. It's also incredibly catchy, and I seriously can't get enough of this song, so much so that it even bests ROCKSTAR. Fantastic song. I love this so much.

After the success of Savage, Megan Thee Stallion made another single, called Girls in the Hood, and it's making its debut here, and I quite like it. I really liked Savage, and this is definitely not a step down. Megan has great flow, and of course, the production is great here, and really cool. The chimes are really cool, and you can hear little licks of the production in Savage if you listen closely. Yeah, good song.

Tory Lanez, DaBaby and Lil Wayne made a remix of Jack Harlow's WHATS POPPIN, and it's fantastic. Most artists here do a really good job. I say most, because although Jack Harlow, Tory Lanez, and DaBaby do a good job, Lil Wayne's verse isn't great, but that's just because it's Lil Wayne. This remix brought this song up to #2, and it definitely deserves it. Great song.

Best T40 Entrant: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo

Biggest Drop: The Bigger Picture - Lil Baby (-7): I knew this wasn't gonna be a hit, but I'm really sad that it got replaced with We Paid.

Biggest Jump: We Paid - Lil Baby/42 Dugg & Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles (+8): I'm pretty happy Watermelon Sugar is getting success, even though I think it's old. We Paid, on the other hand, is really bad and shouldn't be anywhere near the top 10.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande
#4: Hard To Forget - Sam Hunt
#3: High Fashion - Roddy Ricch/Mustard
#2: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
#1: Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: Emotionally Scarred - Lil Baby
#4: Bluebird - Miranda Lambert
#3: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee
#2: Adore You - Harry Styles
#1: We Paid - Lil Baby/42 Dugg

Top 20 Ranking

0 - Crap:
#20: We Paid - Lil Baby/42 Dugg
#19: Adore You - Harry Styles
#18: Say So - Doja Cat/Nicki Minaj

1 - Bad:
#17: Falling - Trevor Daniel

2 - Mediocre:
#16: Life Is Good - Future/Drake

3 - Decent:
#15: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo
#14: Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa
#13: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles

4 - Good:
#12: The Bigger Picture - Lil Baby
#11: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa
#10: WHATS POPPIN (Remix) - Jack Harlow/Tory Lanez/DaBaby/Lil Wayne
#9: Savage (Remix) - Megan Thee Stallion/Beyoncé

5 - Great:
#8: Circles - Post Malone
#7: The Bones - Maren Morris
#6: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#5: Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey
#4: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek
#3: The Box - Roddy Ricch
#2: Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande
#1: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch

Overall Score: 68/100 = 68%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd {31 weeks}
#4: Falling - Trevor Daniel {33 weeks}
#3: Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa {35 weeks}
#2: The Bones - Maren Morris {41 weeks}
#1: Circles - Post Malone {44 weeks}


On the Verge
Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton
Memories - Maroon 5 (OtV RE-ENTRY)
Nobody But You - Blake Shelton/Gwen Stefani
Dior - Pop Smoke
Die From A Broken Heart - Maddie & Tae
hot girl bummer - blackbear
Here And Now - Kenny Chesney (OtV RE-ENTRY)
I Love My Country - Florida Georgia Line
Wash Us In The Blood - Kanye West/Travis Scott (H100 DEBUT)
If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels
Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane (OtV DEBUT)
Got What I Got - Jason Aldean (OtV DEBUT)
Does To Me - Luke Combs/Eric Church
TROLLZ - 6ix9ine/Nicki Minaj (OtV RE-ENTRY)
GOOBA - 6ix9ine


Three songs that left the Top 40 this week re-entered On the Verge, Memories, Here And Now and TROLLZ. Memories and TROLLZ are crap, so I'm glad to see them out of the Top 40, and Here And Now was just alright, so I'm not sad it dropped off of the Top 40 after one week.

Our first actual new song in On the Verge is from Kanye West and Travis Scott, called Wash Us In The Blood. I actually quite like this. Other than the screaming samples, which I could do without, both Kanye and Travis Scott do a really good job here. I like the production too. But yeah, Travis is easily the best part of this song, as he's the best part of every song. But yeah, I like this.

Another On the Verge debut is a song that's on Hits 1, Like That by Doja Cat and Gucci Mane. I pretty much still stand by what I said when I reviewed it for my Countdown posts. I like the chorus, and I like Gucci Mane's verse, but I don't like Doja Cat's verse, because I don't love Doja's rapping voice.

Our last debut is a country song by Jason Aldean, Got What I Got. This song is extremely boring, which is why I don't like it. The heavy guitar really doesn't sound good with this, and Jason doesn't have the voice to do a ballad (I mean, if I'm being honest, no country artist has the voice to do a ballad). Yeah, this really isn't good.

Best On the Verge Debut: Wash Us In The Blood - Kanye West/Travis Scott

On the Verge Ranking

0 - Crap:
#15: GOOBA - 6ix9ine
#14: TROLLZ - 6ix9ine/Nicki Minaj
#13: Memories - Maroon 5
#12: Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton

1 - Bad:
#11: Die From A Broken Heart - Maddie & Tae
#10: Got What I Got - Jason Aldean

2 - Mediocre:
#9: I Love My Country - Florida Georgia Line
#8: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels

3 - Decent:
#7: Does To Me - Luke Combs/Eric Church
#6: Here And Now - Kenny Chesney
#5: Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane

4 - Good:
#4: Nobody But You - Blake Shelton/Gwen Stefani
#3: Wash Us In The Blood - Kanye West/Travis Scott

5 - Great:
#2: Dior - Pop Smoke
#1: hot girl bummer - blackbear

Overall Score: 33/75 = 44%

Your Savage Blurbs, Your Savage Blur-Blur-Blurbs

Our only real exit from the Top 40 this week is BLACK PARADE by Beyoncé. I'm not sad this is gone.

High Fashion dropped a lot this week, and I'm kind of sad because it's quite good. I like Roddy Ricch a lot.

Toosie Slide dropped out of the top 20 this week. I'm not too sad to see it go.

Stuck with U also took a tumble, so I'm not quite sure if it's gonna actually be a hit or not, despite what Hits 1 says.

I switched Life Is Good to blue, because although I hate Future's verse, I just love Drake's verse.

Bang! by AJR is swiftly climbing up the chart, so it could very likely debut On the Verge soon.

I also realized that I actually like the version of I Hope without Charlie Puth more than the one with Puth. I think Gabby Barrett actually delivers the second verse better than him, although the last chorus feels a little empty. So yeah, I'm sad this dropped out of the top 20.

Break My Heart entered the top 20, Hopefully, it'll hit #1 on Hits 1 soon. I mean, come on. Dua deserves it.

Savage dropped a couple spots. I guess it's losing traction.

ROCKSTAR's still holding at #1, and I'm really happy, and I hope it stays at #1 for a few more weeks before WHATS POPPIN probably dethrones it.

We lost a few On the Verge songs this week; I Hope You're Happy Now, everything i wanted, Snow On Tha Bluff and After A Few. I didn't care about any of these songs, so I don't care that they're gone.

That's all for today! Kwaheri, everybody, and see you all tomorrow!

20 comments:

  1. #teamroddyricch4dayzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Post!

    Recommendation for Hits 1: Savage Love - Jason Derulo/Jawsh 685

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hitbound List (part 1):

    Zoe Wees - Control
    AJR - Bang!
    Jackson Wang - 100 Ways
    Sia - Together
    Niall Horan - Black & White (Re-Entry)
    JoJo - Man
    5 Seconds Of Summer - Wildflower
    Pink Sweat$ - 17
    Harry Styles - Falling

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hitbound List (part 2):

    Tones & I - Ur So Cool
    Cyn - Drinks
    Diplo/Julia Michaels/Morgan Wallen - Heartless
    Conkarah/Shaggy - Banana
    Young T & Bugsey/Headie One - Don't Rush
    Kygo/OneRepublic - Lose Somebody
    Topic/A7S - Breaking Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daisies is debuting on TylerHits1Lover's Birthday Weekend Countdown.
    Tommorow is my Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New on hit bound:
    Be like that - Kane brown swae lee khalid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It played I saw on xmplaylist

      Delete
    2. Yeah, they could've played it on Fireball's night show, but that doesn't mean that it's necessarily gonna debut Hit-Bound.

      Delete
  7. Anyone know what the exit was this week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Ah shoot, I think it's Blinding Lights.

      Delete
    2. And rockstar's at 28 # Rockstar4dayzzzzzzzzz

      Delete
  8. Top 10 (in no particular order):
    The Bones
    Be Kind
    Sunday Best
    Rain On Me
    Before You Go
    Midnight
    No Judgement
    Break My Heart
    Old Me
    Watermelon Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blinding lights left, sorry beluga

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)