Thursday, May 14, 2020

Week of May 9, 2020 - The Weeknd (3)

The Weeknd (3)

I am so sorry that this is late, I meant to get it out on Monday, but I lost my Wi-Fi, so that’s why it’s so late, and also why I wasn’t responding to people’s comments and such. Just a quick reminder that the 2015 Pop Hits Rankdown is closing soon, so make sure you get those submissions in! We’re expected to have an eligible number, so this is happening! Also, reveals for the 2019 Ultimate Rank will start up again soon. Also also, 40k pageviews baby! (50k’s coming up, at which point I have something very special planned) Anyways, let’s just jump into this countdown!

Songs We’re Saying Goodbye To
Good As Hell - Lizzo (#43) [#3] {30 weeks}
Moral of the Story - Ashe (#35) [#23] {6 weeks}

Last Week’s #1: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd (2)

#45: Only Human - Jonas Brothers (-1) [1 week at #1] {32 weeks}
#44: Dance Monkey - Tones And I (+1) [#21] {28 weeks}
#43: South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B (-6) [#7] {21 weeks}
#42: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas (-2) [#9] {23 weeks}
#41: Graveyard - Halsey (-) [#3] {34 weeks}
#40: hot girl bummer - blackbear (-10) [#4] {17 weeks}
#39: The Bones - Maren Morris (-) [#39] {2 weeks}
#38: Ride It - Regard (+4) [#38] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#37: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer (-4) [2 weeks at #1] {29 weeks}
#36: RITMO - Black Eyed Peas/J Balvin (+2) [#36] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#35: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan (-8) [8 weeks at #1] {30 weeks}
#34: CITY OF ANGELS - 24kGoldn (+2) [#34] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#33: the other girl - Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey (-10) [#19] {7 weeks}
#32: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee (-) [#28] {7 weeks}
#31: I’m Ready - Sam Smith/Demi Lovato (DEBUT) [3* weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#30: Falling - Trevor Daniel (+4) [#30] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#29: Midnight - Alesso/Liam Payne (+2) [#29] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#28: Circles - Post Malone (-) [2 weeks at #1] {32 weeks}
#27: Oh My God - Alec Benjamin (+2) [#27] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#26: me & ur ghost - blackbear (-4) [#17] {10 weeks}
#25: Be Kind - Marshmello/Halsey (DEBUT) [1 week in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#24: Adore You - Harry Styles (-8) [10 weeks at #1] {22 weeks}
#23: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish (-2) [#9] {18 weeks}
#22: What A Man Gotta Do - Jonas Brothers (-8) [#2] {15 weeks}
#21: Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton (-4) [#17] {6 weeks}
#20: Modern Loneliness - Lauv (-2) [#18] {11 weeks}
#19: In Your Eyes - The Weeknd (+7) [#19] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#18: You should be sad - Halsey (+1) [#6] {14 weeks}
#17: The Man - Taylor Swift (-6) [#7] {13 weeks}
#16: Level of Concern - Twenty One Pilots (+9) [#16] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#15: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo (+9) [#15] {9 weeks} *new peak*
#14: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa (+1) [#14] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#13: Sunday Best - Surfaces (+7) [#13] {7 weeks} *new peak*
#12: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels (-2) [#10] {12 weeks}
#11: I Love Me - Demi Lovato (+2) [#11] {9 weeks} *new peak*
#10: Maniac - Conan Gray (-8) [#2] {9 weeks}
#9: Stupid Love - Lady Gaga (-) [#9] {10 weeks}
#8: Old Me - 5 Seconds of Summer (+4) [#8] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#7: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa (-) [#2] {21 weeks}
#6: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles (+2) [#6] {9 weeks} *new peak*
#5: My Oh My - Camila Cabello (-) [#5] {17 weeks}
#4: No Judgement - Niall Horan (+2) [#4] {9 weeks} *new peak*
#3: Say So - Doja Cat (-) [#3] {18 weeks}
#2: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi (+2) [#2] {14 weeks}
#1: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd (-) [3rd week at #1] {12 weeks}

Last Year’s #1: Sucker - Jonas Brothers [7/13 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: Lay Your Head On Me - Major Lazer/Marcus Mumford

Our first debut this week, coming in at #31, is the fourth single from Sam Smith’s next album. It's called I’m Ready with Demi Lovato. This song’s pretty good. Personally, I think it’s the best single so far, but the best song released so far is Fire On Fire... if that makes sense. Anyways, I think the production on this in the verses sounds really good. Both Sam and Demi’s voices work really well with it. Then you get the chorus, where it goes full Sam, and it also sounds good. Although the transition from the chorus into the second verse is a bit choppy, and doesn’t seem to happen too naturally, it doesn’t really bring this song down a whole lot for me. So yeah, good song and I think it’ll do well. *3 weeks on Voting Poll, 2 weeks in Hit-Bound

So this next song actually did technically get a week in Hit-Bound, since it actually swapped with Bang! throughout the weekend, and I didn’t realize that because I listened to it once on demand. Thanks Waffle for pointing that out for me. The song is Be Kind by Marshmello and Halsey, and I said it last week, and I’ll say it again. I really think this is gonna be the song of the summer. If not anywhere else, definitely here. I find Marshmello’s production is really on point here, and although there’s not a drop, which I would’ve liked, it doesn’t bother me that much. Halsey actually sounds good, and the song’s really catchy. Overall, I really like this and I think it’ll hit #1.

Best Debut: Be Kind - Marshmello/Halsey

Biggest DROP!!!: hot girl bummer - blackbear & the other girl - Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey (-10): hot girl bummer was kind of losing traction, so I kind of understand this, even though I’m sad it didn’t stay in the the top 5 for very long. Also, I did kind of realize that the other girl isn’t really a hit, like, anywhere, so even though I’m not happy about it, I understand.

Biggest Jump: Level of Concern - Twenty One Pilots & Intentions - Justin Bieber (+9): I’m very glad to see both of these songs in the top 20, since they’re both really good, and we’ll see what they can do here.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: In Your Eyes - The Weeknd
#4: Modern Loneliness - Lauv
#3: Midnight - Alesso/Liam Payne
#2: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#1: CITY OF ANGELS - 24kGoldn

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: Ride It - Regard
#4: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee
#3: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish
#2: Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton
#1: Adore You - Harry Styles

Top 20 Ranking

0 - Crap:
NONE! (!!!)

1 - Bad:
#20: Say So - Doja Cat

2 - Mediocre:
#19: Old Me - 5 Seconds of Summer
#18: No Judgement - Niall Horan
#17: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels

3 - Decent:
#16: My Oh My - Camila Cabello
#15: Stupid Love - Lady Gaga
#14: I Love Me - Demi Lovato
#13: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa

4 - Good:
#12: The Man - Taylor Swift
#11: Maniac - Conan Gray
#10: You should be sad - Halsey
#9: Level of Concern - Twenty One Pilots
#8: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles

5 - Great:
#7: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#6: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa
#5: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo
#4: Sunday Best - Surfaces
#3: In Your Eyes - The Weeknd
#2: Modern Loneliness - Lauv
#1: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd

Overall Score: 74/100 = 74%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Dance Monkey - Tones And I {28 weeks}
#4: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer {29 weeks}
#3: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan {30 weeks}
#2: Only Human - Jonas Brothers & Circles - Post Malone {32 weeks}
#1: Graveyard - Halsey {34 weeks}

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Still The Box… please?

My Favourite Song Last Year: ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: bad guy - Billie Eilish

Hit-Bound
Moral of the Story - Ashe [1; 2nd time]
Toosie Slide - Drake [6*]
Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek [3*]
Bad Child - Tones And I [8*]
Check Your Phone - Cheap Cuts/Pete Wentz [3]
Nice to Meet Ya - Meghan Trainor/Nicki Minaj [14]
Six Feet Apart - Alec Benjamin [5*]
Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey [3*]
Boyfriend - Selena Gomez [4*]
Kings & Queens - Ava Max [3*]
If You’re Too Shy (Let Me Know) - The 1975 [3*]
Lay Your Head On Me - Major Lazer/Marcus Mumford [6*]
100 Ways - Jackson Wang [3*]
Bang! - AJR [2]
17 - Pink Sweat$ [9]

Also Available For Vote
I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth [3]
Savage - Megan Thee Stallion [1]
Stuck with U - Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber [1]

So Moral of the Story is back… I’ve got nothing more to say. This song kind of faded of me, and now I find it kind of boring.

If I’m being honest right now, I had never listened to Savage by Megan Thee Stallion before writing this. From hearing people sing it whilst doing a Tik Tok dance, I wasn’t too thrilled when I saw it was on Hits 1. But then I listened to it, and it’s actually not bad. The beat is absolutely spectacular, and Megan’s voice works really well with it. The chorus doesn’t come along too many times, which is nice because that part’s kind of annoying. My only pet peeve with this is that it’s a little short, which is fixed with the Beyoncé remix. In all honesty, it might be, because Hits 1 tends to mess up on the voting poll. But if it isn’t, why didn’t they pick up on The Box? I mean, it was fourteen weeks at #1 on the Hot 100! This gets one week at #4 and they decide to pick it up? This is why I’ll never understand Hits 1.

Next up is a song I was pretty hyped for, and although it wasn’t exactly what I expected it to be, I was happy nonetheless. The song’s Stuck with U by Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber, and unlike the horrid capitalization in the title, this song is really good! It’s pretty slow, which I’ve gotta say, I did not expect, but both artists deliver really well here. I tend to like Justin Bieber, so y’know, I’m a little bit biased, but overall I think it’s a really solid song. Also stream this, because it’s for charity. Oh also, the beginning sounds like Love On The Brain by Rihanna.

Best Debut: Stuck with U - Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Crap:
#18: Boyfriend - Selena Gomez

1 - Bad:
#17: If You’re Too Shy (Let Me Know) - The 1975

2 - Mediocre:
#16: 17 - Pink Sweat$
#15: Lay Your Head On Me - Major Lazer/Marcus Mumford
#14: Moral of the Story - Ashe

3 - Decent:
#13: Nice to Meet Ya - Meghan Trainor/Nicki Minaj
#12: Toosie Slide - Drake

4 - Good:
#11: 100 Ways - Jackson Wang
#10: Six Feet Apart - Alec Benjamin

5 - Great:
#9: Check Your Phone - Cheap Cuts/Pete Wentz
#8: Bad Child - Tones And I
#7: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek
#6: Kings & Queens - Ava Max
#5: Savage - Megan Thee Stallion
#4: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth
#3: Stuck with U - Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber
#2: Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey
#1: Bang! - AJR

Overall Score: 66/90 = 73%

I’m Ready For Someone to Blurb Me (Don’t take that out of context)

We lost two countdown songs this week: Good As Hell and Moral of the Story. I already talked about MotS, and Good As Hell was getting old.

The Bones didn’t jump, which I guess makes sense since it’s not on the voting poll. I wish it was though.

Nice To Meet Ya’s falling pretty quickly, we might see it leave soon.

death bed’s ominously waiting to start jumping.

We might finally be getting rid of me & ur ghost, which is good because it wasn’t a hit whatsoever.

GUYS! Adore You’s not in the top 20!!!! We did it!!! At this point, Blinding Lights is totally gonna overtake it!

What A Man Gotta Do and Supalonely also fell out of the top 20. What A Man Gotta Do underperformed, and it’s almost locked in, so whatever, and I hope we don’t make Supalonely a hit.

In Your Eyes made the top 20 this week! That’s very good, since it’s very good!

It looks as though Sunday Best is gonna be a hit, which I can totally get behind.

So Maniac dropped down to #10 after hitting #2 last week. Can’t say I’m surprised.

So No Judgement is at #4… why does Hits 1 keep stanning ex-One Direction members, and letting non-hits get into the top 5?

Speaking of which, Watermelon Sugar is now at #6.

Blinding Lights is still #1 though, so that’s very very very very very good.

Oh also, RITMO kind of sounds like You Know You Like It by DJ Snake and AlunaGeorge. Just something to think about.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#2: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#3: Toosie Slide - Drake
#4: Savage - Megan Thee Stallion/Beyoncé
#6: Say So - Doja Cat
#7: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa
#8: Circles - Post Malone
#9: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo
#10: Adore You - Harry Styles
#13: My Oh My - Camila Cabello/DaBaby
#15: The Bones - Maren Morris
#16: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish
#17: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#19: I Hope - Gabby Barrett
#20: Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey
#21: Memories - Maroon 5
#23: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek
#24: Falling - Trevor Daniel
#26: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee
#27: hot girl bummer - blackbear
#28: Sunday Best - Surfaces
#29: RITMO - Black Eyed Peas/J Balvin
#33: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas
#34: Dance Monkey - Tones And I
#36: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa
#37: Heartless - The Weeknd
#41: Level of Concern - Twenty One Pilots
#42: I Love Me - Demi Lovato
#46: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber
#48: Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton
#50: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#51: In Your Eyes - The Weeknd
#59: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels
#61: Stupid Love - Lady Gaga
#63: I’m Ready - Sam Smith/Demi Lovato
#72: You should be sad - Halsey
#80: Ride It - Regard

Top 10 on the Hunger Games Countdown
#10: Falling - Trevor Daniel
#9: Anyone - Demi Lovato
#8: What A Man Gotta Do - Jonas Brothers
#7: Yummy - Justin Bieber
#6: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#5: Moral of the Story - Ashe
#4: Know Your Worth - Khalid/Disclosure
#3: Old Me - 5 Seconds of Summer
#2: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa
#1: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth

Top 10 If the Countdown Made Sense
#10: Falling - Trevor Daniel
#9: Sunday Best - Surfaces
#8: Circles - Post Malone
#7: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish
#6: My Oh My - Camila Cabello
#5: Adore You - Harry Styles
#4: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo
#3: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa
#2: Say So - Doja Cat
#1: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all very soon!

23 comments:

  1. Young & Alive by Bazzi is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Favorite Song on Hits 1 Right Now;;;;




















    SUPALONELY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite song on hits 1 right now:


















      BE KIND

      Delete
    2. My second favorite right now:



      MODERN LONELINESS!!!

      Delete
  3. My Favorite Song On Hits 1 Right Now:










    MIDNIGHT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite song on Hits 1 right now:















    IN YOUR EYES!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you liked Blinding Lights the best.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, but it's getting kind of old, so I thought I'd freshen it up a bit.

      Delete
  5. Hits 1 updated the voting poll!

    Available:
    Daisies - Katy Perry
    X - Jonas Brothers/KAROL G

    Unavailable:
    Modern Loneliness - Lauv
    Nice to Meet Ya - Meghan Trainor/Nicki Minaj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh, Chase was actually right about those 2.

      Still no I Love You’s or Cool Anymore though so he was still hella wrong, hehe

      Delete
    2. I hate I Love You's because the grammar in the title makes no sense whatsoever.

      Delete
    3. OH GOD. FRICK. ERROR 404. SUPERTACOCAT.EXE ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR LEADING TO AN EMOTIONAL BREAKDOWN CAUSE TWO OF HER FAVORITE SONGS GOT OFF THE VOTING POLL. ERROR CODE: ntmy dropped out of hb *sob sob*

      Delete
    4. HOW.DID.CHASE.GET.THAT.RIGHT?!?

      Delete
  6. My favourite song on Hits1 right now is:















    SAY SO!!! (Ikr, y’all are shocked)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Btw if we’re including HB songs then it’d be KAQ instead)

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah, if we did that, mine would be Bang!.

      Delete
  7. Predictions:

    Out:
    ROXANNE

    In:
    Stuck with U

    Biggest DROP!!!:
    everything i wanted

    Biggest Jump:
    Supalonely

    #5: No Judgement
    #4: Maniac
    #3: Say So
    #2: Blinding Lights
    #1: Before You Go

    Hit-Bound Entrants:
    Savage
    Daisies
    X

    Hit-Bound Exits:
    Six Feet Apart
    Boyfriend
    17

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard Roxanne yesterday so maybe not

      Delete
    2. Okay probably Graveyard then.

      Delete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)