Sunday, May 31, 2020

Week of May 30, 2020 - The Weeknd (6) [FULL CHART REVIEW!]

The Weeknd (6)

Man, what a week for my 1-Year Anniversary to land on. So turns out, the countdown was shortened to 30 songs. Is this permanent? Probably, but I’m not certain. This is kind of a disappointment, because Hits 1 probably won’t pick up on any of the smaller hits anymore, and the 2020 Ultimate Rank… we’ll figure that one out. For the time being, that’s still happening. This does have its perks though, as Hits 1 won’t keep songs around for nearly as long as they used to (as you may be able to see from our list of exits) and the voting poll is finally back to normal. Unfortunately, I had to stop If the Countdown Made Sense, because it would be pretty much identical to the countdown. If not, very close. I’m already planning a replacement though. We do have a bunch of good songs that managed to survive this, but a bunch of good songs that left too. Anyways, this week is full chart review week, so I’ll be going over every single song currently on the countdown right now. A few changes will be made to the weekly posts, mostly in regards to the top 20 ranking. I decided I would just rank the entire countdown, because it’s only 10 songs more than I normally would, and 20 is over half anyways. That also means I’ll be combining my top/bottom 5 picks into that as well. Of course this week there will be no blurbs, as I’m reviewing every song anyways. So I say we start this thing with our whopping record-breaking list of 17 (!) exits. (Fun fact, 17 also made a re-entry this week in Hit-Bound. Coincidence? I think not.) Oh, yeah! Event 2 on the Weekend Countdown Olympics is live! And you have to redo Community Rankings! (The #80-#71 one)

Songs We’re Saying Goodbye To
Dance Monkey - Tones And I (#45) [#21] {30 weeks}
South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B (#44) [#7] {23 weeks}
ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas (#43) [#9] {25 weeks}
Graveyard - Halsey (#42) [#3] {36 weeks}
hot girl bummer - blackbear (#41) [#4] {19 weeks}
Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan (#40) [8 weeks at #1] {32 weeks}
What A Man Gotta Do - Jonas Brothers (#38) [#2] {17 weeks}
Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer (#36) [2 weeks at #1] {31 weeks}
Adore You - Harry Styles (#34) [10 weeks at #1] {24 weeks}
I’m Ready - Sam Smith/Demi Lovato (#32) [#31] {3 weeks}
You should be sad - Halsey (#29) [#6] {16 weeks}
Circles - Post Malone (#27) [2 weeks at #1] {35 weeks}
The Man - Taylor Swift (#23) [#7] {15 weeks}
Stupid Love - Lady Gaga (#22) [#9] {12 weeks}
Modern Loneliness - Lauv (#21) [#17] {13 weeks}
Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa (#18) [#2] {23 weeks}
My Oh My - Camila Cabello (#12) [#5] {20 weeks}

Last Week’s #1: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd (5)

#30: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek (+7) [#30] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#29: Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane (DEBUT) [1* week in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#28: Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande (DEBUT) [1* week in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#27: CITY OF ANGELS - 24kGoldn (+12) [#27] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#26: X - Jonas Brothers/KAROL G (+2) [#26] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#25: RITMO - Black Eyed Peas/J Balvin (+8) [#25] {7 weeks} *new peak*
#24: Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton (-) [#17] {9 weeks}
#23: Ride It - Regard (+12) [#23] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#22: Stuck with U - Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber (+3) [#22] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#21: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee (+10) [#21] {10 weeks} *new peak*
#20: Oh My God - Alec Benjamin (-3) [#17] {6 weeks}
#19: me & ur ghost - blackbear (-5) [#14] {13 weeks}
#18: Be Kind - Marshmello/Halsey (+2) [#18] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#17: Falling - Trevor Daniel (-1) [#14] {8 weeks}
#16: Level of Concern - Twenty One Pilots (-3) [#11] {7 weeks}
#15: In Your Eyes - The Weeknd (-5) [#10] {6 weeks}
#14: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo (+16) [#14] {12 weeks} *new peak*
#13: Sunday Best - Surfaces (+6) [#13] {10 weeks}
#12: Midnight - Alesso/Liam Payne (+14) [#12] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#11: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels (+4) [#10] {15 weeks}
#10: Maniac - Conan Gray (-8) [#2] {12 weeks}
#9: The Bones - Maren Morris (+2) [#9] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#8: Old Me - 5 Seconds of Summer (+1) [#7] {9 weeks}
#7: I Love Me - Demi Lovato (+1) [#7] {12 weeks}
#6: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles (+1) [#6] {12 weeks}
#5: Say So - Doja Cat (-2) [#3] {21 weeks}
#4: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi (+1) [#2] {17 weeks}
#3: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa (+3) [#3] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#2: No Judgement - Niall Horan (+2) [#2] {12 weeks}
#1: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd (-) [6th week at #1] {15 weeks}

Last Year's #1: Sucker - Jonas Brothers [10/13 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: Daisies - Katy Perry

Well… should I go through all 17 exits? Yeah, probably. Our first is Dance Monkey. I liked this song, but it was getting kind of old. Although I do wish it got more success. Next up is South of the Border. It was also old, but also good. ROXANNE left next, and it was fantastic, and I’m sad it’s gone. Graveyard also left. That was the oldest song on the countdown, and I didn’t love it anyways. Another exit was hot girl bummer, and that was a good song, if not getting a little old. Nice To Meet Ya also left, and it was a great song, but old. What A Man Gotta Do kind of flopped, and I’m fine with that although it was good. Teeth was getting really old and stayed here for too long, Adore You LEFT!!! YES!!! I’m Ready was a flop, which sucks since it was pretty good. You should be sad was good. Circles was also old, but it was fantastic. If I could go and redo my top 45 of 2019 list, this would for sure be higher. The Man was alright for Taylor Swift standards. I lost interest in Stupid Love, so I’m not disappointed. Modern Loneliness was fantastic, and I’m sad it was a flop. Don’t Start Now was getting a little old, but good, and I lost interest in My Oh My. There you go.

Since our beloved countdown was shortened, it makes it quite a bit easier to do a full chart review this week. So there’s a bonus. We’ll start with our #30 (ouch) being the Imanbek Remix of Roses by SAINt JHN. I’m pretty glad this song survived this week, since it’s really good. I listened to the original, and yeah, this is for sure better. The bass-heavy production really adds a lot to the song, and really fits with this song. The pitched-up vocals actually sound decent, although it’s a little hard to hear the lyrics. Overall, a really great song, and I’m glad it’s currently a hit. Oh also, this is the first time the bottom spot on the countdown has jumped from last week.

Actually our first of two debuts this week, both of which skipped Hit-Bound. At #29, this one’s called Like That by Doja Cat and Gucci Mane. I think I’m actually turning around a bit on this one. (Go ahead, gasp) Although I still don’t like Doja’s rapping, which is probably what prevents this from being green, I’ve come to tolerate her singing voice, and this is less overplayed and more catchy than Say So. Also, Gucci Mane surprisingly adds a lot to the song, making it feel a little less like a carbon copy of Say So. Although I don’t love the bridge, overall this is a decently solid song. I could see it doing well here and everywhere.

Immediately after our first debut, we have our second called Rain On Me by Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande. As predicted, this grew on me. I learned to tolerate Gaga’s speaking voice a little more, and in all honesty, Ariana makes this song a lot better. Other than that, the song’s extremely catchy. I really like the contrast between Gaga and Ariana’s voices, and they really make the other’s voices stand out. I started listening to ChromaticaGaga’s new album, and I didn’t love it, but I’m glad this is still good.

This is another song that I’m really glad survived this, at #27, called CITY OF ANGELS by 24kGoldn. I’ve explained why I like this before. I really like his voice, and it’s really unique. I think it fits really well with the song, and I like his accent when he yells “no!”... I’m not sure why. The guitar sounds really good in this song, and overall the chorus is pretty great. My only problem with this is that it’s under two minutes, which is really short. But overall, a great song that I’m glad is still here despite the massive cuts.

At #26, we have last week’s debut, X by the Jonas Brothers and KAROL G. I feel like I could literally just copy-paste last week’s review and it would all still apply. This song is an absolute bop, excelling vocally, and while KAROL G doesn’t add too much to the song, it really doesn’t bring down the song at all. As I expected, it didn’t debut too high on the Hot 100, so this could be a flop, but I have no doubts it’ll do well here. I like the latino vibe.

Another song that I’m glad survived at #25, RITMO by the Black Eyed Peas and J Balvin. I like the Rhythm of the Night sample, and it fits well with the song. Although this song is starting to get slightly annoying, due to overplay on my local radio station, I still like it quite a bit. J Balvin feels a little lifeless when he’s rapping, and it’s in spanish and I don’t understand it, but will.i.am and Corona sound pretty good, although that’s an unfortunate rapper name based on the current circumstances. I think this has already hit its peak globally, so I can’t see this going too much higher than it is now, but I still like it.

Although not my least favourite song on the countdown without Adore You, I definitely don’t like this next one, Supalonely by BENEE and Gus Dapperton. It feels way too meme-y, and although the production’s cool and it’s kind of groovy, I really can’t get behind either BENEE or Gus’ voices here. BENEE’s is heavily layered with autotune, and Gus’ is… not. One of my least favourite lines is “I been lonely by the way” near the end. No, I don’t know why, I just really hate it every time I hear it. Yeah, not a great song.

Coming in at #23, we have the remix of a Jay Sean song, Ride It, by Regard. I don’t love this. The pitched-down vocals really don’t sound that good, and if I were him, I definitely would’ve pitched them up, even if that would’ve sounded a little high… or you know, just change the key, and make it not that low. What I don’t like is that this was such an easy fix, but he went with the pitched-down vocals anyways. Although this is undoubtedly catchy, the production just really doesn’t do it for me. In the original or this, really. I’d rather this not be a hit… even though it already is… hold on. Just ignore me for a second while I go and have a crisis.

This next song at #22 came out a few weeks ago, and I’d say it still holds up, although not as good. Stuck with U by Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber really just got overshadowed by Rain On Me, I feel. This was for charity, and although it’s an incredible vocal performance from both artists, it being one of Justin’s best, this feels a little forgettable. I mean, just a few weeks ago, it was a huge release, and after a week, I kind of forgot it existed. We’ll see how it does here, since this is still fairly early in its run, and I’d honestly be fine if it was a hit.

My new least favourite countdown song, just outside of the top 20, we have death bed by Powfu and beabadoobee. It’s pretty obvious why this isn’t great, it’s the same two lines repeated over and over again by beabadoobee with some mediocre rapping overtop of it by Powfu. That’s right. OVERTOP of the two lines. They don’t just bring it back in the chorus, in which case I’d like it a whole lot better, no. He raps overtop of it. Also, for some weird reason, Hits 1 edited it so it sounds like a breakup… which makes it a whole lot worse, because it loses the half-decent writing that it had. Yeah, this isn’t great.

At #20, we have one of the five non-hits left on the countdown. It comes from Alec Benjamin’s new album, These Two Windows, and it’s called Oh My God. This is just your typical Alec Benjamin song, with his high unemotional voice, and it’s just a really boring song. I feel like a lot of his stuff is just underwhelming, and the production leaves a lot to be desired. I think if he collaborated with a DJ it would turn out really well. No? Tell me what you think of that idea.

The third of five non-hits, (the first being CITY OF ANGELS), at #19 we have me & ur ghost by blackbear. I’m really surprised this outlasted hot girl bummer, because that song was a much bigger hit than this. Overall, I think this song’s more boring than hot girl bummer. It’s much different, being kind of chill, but I preferred hot girl bummer’s upbeat vibe. The production actually leaves quite a bit to be desired. I find it odd that it’s still here, but whatever.

Coming right up in at #18, we have the new Marshmello song with HalseyBe Kind. I predicted this would be the song of the summer, and I’m officially stepping away from that prediction. Although I think it had potential to be that, it didn’t score as well as I thought it would. Halsey actually sounds quite good, and compared to the singles from Manic, this is much better. There’s no drop, but Marsh’s production is noticeable, and pretty good. This is a really good song.

Next up, we have a song that re-entered (which I think is another reason they shortened the countdown) called Falling by Trevor Daniel. I don’t like this song. Although the song’s catchy, and the production’s fine I guess, I really don’t like his voice. It brings down this song so much. In the pre-chorus, the pitched-up background vocals really don’t sound that good. I really wish this wasn’t a hit, but it is, so oh well.

At #16, we have Twenty One Pilots with Level of Concern. I think this song’s decently forgettable, because I constantly forget about it, but I still really like this song. Tyler Joseph’s unique vocals really shine here, and the production is pretty great. It’s not that catchy, but I really like the chorus. TOP’s sound is always unique and cool, so this is good. Better than most of the singles from Trench.

My personal favourite countdown song, In Your Eyes dropped five spots this week. I listened to the other In Your Eyes, by Robin Schulz and Alida, and it’s also good. But this song’s great. The only reason I like it better than Blinding Lights right now is because it’s newer. It gives off a bit of the same vibe, but also a bit of a different vibe, because the saxophone actually adds a lot to the 80s-type production. Abel’s vocals are really good, and I hope this becomes just as big a hit as Blinding Lights. Although I doubt it will.

I was actually kind of scared that Intentions by Justin Bieber and Quavo survived this, but I guess Hits 1’s finally accepted that this is a hit. I’ve almost always been a fan of Justin’s vocals, and this is no exception. This is extremely catchy, and is for sure a step up from Yummy. I think the production’s actually really cool here, and Quavo’s voice is honestly decent. Overall, this is a great hit.

Back up at #13, we have our current #1 on the Hunger Games Countdown, Sunday Best by Surfaces. This is such a fun song, and although I didn’t like it at first, I quite love it now. The guy’s voice honestly doesn’t sound that bad, and has become a lot more tolerable. This song is really catchy, upbeat, and just a ton of fun, which I don’t think anyone could hate. There’s no way these guys are getting another hit, but this is good in the meantime.

Another one of the non-hits here, at #12 surprisingly, we have Midnight by Alesso and Liam Payne. I’m actually really glad this is up in the top 20. It’s pretty fantastic. Liam’s voice is the best it’s ever been, and Alesso’s production is pretty good, especially the drop. I don’t have much else to say here, except that it’s really good.

JP Saxe and Julia Michaels come in at #11 with If the World Was Ending. This song’s kind of boring if I’m being honest. JP’s voice isn’t great, and I can almost fall asleep listening to it. But other than that, it’s not terrible.

Starting off the top 10, we have the biggest drop this week, dropping from #2, Maniac by Conan Gray. I consider this a hit, despite it having not charted on the Hot 100 yet, although I think it will soon. This is a really upbeat song, and it’s pretty catchy. Conan’s voice sounds pretty good, and I was really surprised to find out he didn’t have an accent. I sincerely thought he was British. This probably didn’t deserve to be #2 here… but whatever, I’m not complaining.

I’d say this next song at #9 is fairly new here, The Bones by Maren Morris. This is the biggest country song right now, and for good reason. Maren Morris actually sounds spectacular in this song. Like, just really really good. The song’s really catchy, and I find it surprisingly suitable for a pop audience. This is better than her last three songs that have been on Hits 1, GIRLRich and The Middle. This is a fantastic song that deserves to be even higher than this.

Six non-hits? Ah shoot, I counted wrong. Okay, Hits 1 is still fine. Of course, it’s 5SOS with Old Me at #8. This is alright. It’s not bad, but it’s not good either. It’s really forgettable and kind of boring. I also think the clean version interrupts the flow of this song. So yeah, this isn’t great.

At #7, we have I Love Me by Demi Lovato. Meh. This song’s alright. I for sure lost interest in it since its Hit-Bound debut. It’s definitely better than Anyone, but not as good as I’m Ready, which we lost this week. This song feels boring, and suffers from the exact same problems as Old Me.

I was really surprised this next song didn’t hit the top 5, since it got re-released last week. Watermelon Sugar by Harry Styles is #6, and I forgot how much I liked this song because of the weird run it had. It’s really catchy, and the production is fantastic here. Harry actually sounds really good here, and I have no doubt that this will hit #1 here. Actually, I think it has a really good shot at hitting the top 5 on the Hot 100.

Starting the top 5, we have Say So by Doja Cat. This song is extremely annoying. I’ve heard it way too much, and I really don’t like this at all anyways. Her voice in the chorus honestly isn’t great, compared to Like That, and the rapping still isn’t good. Although the song’s really groovy, and the production is admittedly pretty good, her vocals bring this down a lot for me, and the sheer repetitiveness of it also brings it down.

At #4, we have Lewis Capaldi’s second slow hit, Before You Go. It’s taking a really long time, but I can definitely see it in the top 5 on the Hot 100 in the next few weeks. I honestly don’t hate Lewis’ voice, and although it’s a bit gravelly, I don’t think it’s a turn-off, I think it actually adds quite a bit of charm to his voice. The writing’s fantastic in this song, being about one of his friends who took his own life, and it’s also really catchy. I’d love to see this be the song that dethrones Blinding Lights whenever that may happen.

A top 5 debut this week, Break My Heart by Dua Lipa comes in at #3. This song’s really groovy, and for sure better than Don’t Start Now, which left this week. Dua sounds really good, and the chorus is really great.

Niall Horan’s No Judgement hits #2 this week, and this is another forgettable song that’s only here because Hits 1 stans One Direction members. It’s alright. It’s slow, which I don’t really like, and it gets very boring at points. That being said, Niall’s vocals are still really good, so it doesn’t go in red, just blue for being boring.

And for the sixth week in a row at #1, we have Blinding Lights by The Weeknd. I could easily see this being the #1 of the year, and at this rate, it for sure could be. The cut this week might not help it, but I think it’ll still have a good shot. I’ve already explained why I like this countless times, so I don’t really feel the need to again, but I hope it stays at #1 even longer.

Biggest DROP!!!: Maniac - Conan Gray (-8)

Biggest Jump: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo (+16)

Full Countdown Ranking

0 - Crap:
#30: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee
#29: Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton
#28: Falling - Trevor Daniel

1 - Bad:
#27: Say So - Doja Cat
#26: Ride It - Regard

2 - Mediocre:
#25: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels
#24: Old Me - 5 Seconds of Summer
#23: me & ur ghost - blackbear
#22: No Judgement - Niall Horan
#21: Oh My God - Alec Benjamin

3 - Decent:
#20: I Love Me - Demi Lovato
#19: Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane

4 - Good:
#18: Maniac - Conan Gray
#17: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek
#16: Stuck with U - Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber
#15: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa
#14: Level of Concern - Twenty One Pilots

5 - Great:
#13: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#12: Be Kind - Marshmello/Halsey
#11: X - Jonas Brothers/KAROL G
#10: RITMO - Black Eyed Peas/J Balvin
#9: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo
#8: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#7: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#6: Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande
#5: Midnight - Alesso/Liam Payne
#4: CITY OF ANGELS - 24kGoldn
#3: Sunday Best - Surfaces
#2: The Bones - Maren Morris
#1: In Your Eyes - The Weeknd

Overall Score: 103/150 = 69%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Intentions - Justin Bieber/QuavoManiac - Conan GrayI Love Me - Demi LovatoWatermelon Sugar - Harry Styles & No Judgement - Niall Horan {12 weeks}
#4: me & ur ghost - blackbear {13 weeks}
#3: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels & Blinding Lights - The Weeknd {15 weeks}
#2: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi {17 weeks}
#1: Say So - Doja Cat {21 weeks}

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Lose Somebody - Kygo/OneRepublic

My Favourite Song Last Year: Power is Power - The Weeknd/Travis Scott/SZA

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: bad guy - Billie Eilish

Hit-Bound
If You’re Too Shy (Let Me Know) - The 1975 [6*]
Together - Sia [2*]
the other girl - Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey [3; 2nd time*]
I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth [6***]
The Box - Roddy Ricch [2]
Let’s Fall in Love for the Night - FINNEAS [2*]
Heartless - Diplo/Julia Michaels/Morgan Wallen [2*]
Toosie Slide - Drake [9*]
Daisies - Katy Perry [3*]
Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey [6*]
Bang! - AJR [5]
Kings & Queens - Ava Max [6*]
Savage (Remix) - Megan Thee Stallion/Beyoncé [4*]
Moral of the Story - Ashe [4; 2nd time]
100 Ways - Jackson Wang [6*]

Also Available For Vote
17 - Pink Sweat$ [10]

We only got one Hit-Bound song this week, that being a re-entry, that being 17 by Pink Sweat$. This song’s kind of forgettable, but whatever, I guess it’s here.

Oh yeah, also, we lost two Hit-Bound songs this week, Lay Your Head On Me and Bad ChildLYHOM was alright, but I lost interest in it, and Bad Child was good.

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Crap:
#16: Daisies - Katy Perry

1 - Bad:
#15: If You’re Too Shy (Let Me Know) - The 1975

2 - Mediocre:
#14: 100 Ways - Jackson Wang
#13: Moral of the Story - Ashe
#12: 17 - Pink Sweat$

3 - Decent:
#11: Toosie Slide - Drake
#10: Together - Sia

4 - Good:
#9: Savage (Remix) - Megan Thee Stallion/Beyoncé

5 - Great:
#8: the other girl - Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey
#7: Kings & Queens - Ava Max
#6: Let’s Fall in Love for the Night - FINNEAS
#5: Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey
#4: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth
#3: Bang! - AJR
#2: The Box - Roddy Ricch
#1: Heartless - Diplo/Julia Michaels/Morgan Wallen

Overall Score: 57/80 = 71%

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#1: Savage (Remix) - Megan Thee Stallion/Beyoncé
#2: Say So - Doja Cat/Nicki Minaj
#3: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#5: Toosie Slide - Drake
#7: The Box - Roddy Ricch
#8: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa
#9: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo
#10: Circles - Post Malone
#12: Adore You - Harry Styles
#13: Stuck with U - Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber
#14: The Bones - Maren Morris
#15: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek
#17: Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey
#19: I Hope - Gabby Barrett
#20: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#21: Falling - Trevor Daniel
#25: My Oh My - Camila Cabello/DaBaby
#26: Sunday Best - Surfaces
#27: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish
#29: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee
#31: Memories - Maroon 5
#33: X - Jonas Brothers/KAROL G
#36: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#39: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa
#40: Daisies - Katy Perry
#41: RITMO - Black Eyed Peas/J Balvin
#43: Be Kind - Marshmello/Halsey
#45: Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton
#46: hot girl bummer - blackbear
#47: Dance Monkey - Tones And I
#50: Heartless - Diplo/Morgan Wallen
#58: In Your Eyes - The Weeknd
#64: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#66: Level of Concern - Twenty One Pilots
#73: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels
#74: Ride It - Regard

Top 10 on the Hunger Games Countdown
#10: YOU CAN’T HOLD MY HEART - Monsta X
#9: I’m Ready - Sam Smith/Demi Lovato
#8: Slow Dance - AJ Mitchell/Ava Max
#7: Put A Little Love On Me - Niall Horan
#6: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer
#5: Level of Concern - Twenty One Pilots
#4: Falling - Trevor Daniel
#3: Yummy - Justin Bieber
#2: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas
#1: Sunday Best - Surfaces

Top 10 If the Countdown Made Sense
#10: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa
#9: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#8: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee
#7: Stuck with U - Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber
#6: Sunday Best - Surfaces
#5: Falling - Trevor Daniel
#4: The Bones - Maren Morris
#3: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo
#2: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#1: Say So - Doja Cat

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all soon.

136 comments:

  1. I re-posted this, because I decided to keep on doing If the Countdown Made Sense. Check it out! (It's the last post)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROCKSTAR is going number one on Billboard Hot 100 bc it is streaming well on Spotify

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DON'T SPAM CHASE will soon be number one on the Blog Comments Hot 100 because everybody likes it a lot



      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do you say shit and then instantly delete it. Like what's the point

    ReplyDelete
  6. #1 Recommendation for Hits1: Secrets - Regard/Raye

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today is June and Today is my birthday I am now 26

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since there are a lot of Americans who read my blog, I'd just like to quickly address what's happening there with you guys. Just know that black or white, male or female, gay or straight, whoever you may be, my heart is with you guys, and things will get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a serious topic Chase, please don't spam reply to it.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Beluga! Things r pretty crazy in US right now (on top of a pandemic)

      Delete
  9. Rain on Me is number one on Billboard Hot 100 this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably gonna be right but as of right now you have no evidence and you're just pulling this straight out of your ass. We would all like you to please stop that.

      Delete
  10. Goddarnit why is Intentions still here c’mon this song needs to leave the countdown

    ReplyDelete
  11. Become a beluga baby no no no why did u write this on the sidebar Beluga u r not a baby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rain On Me is ACTUALLY officially the #1 on the Hot 100. Savage slips to #2, ROCKSTAR jumps to #3, Blinding Lights falls to #4, Say So (without Nicki) falls to #5, Toosie Slide is now #6, Don't Start Now jumps back to #7, The Box falls to #8, Intentions holds at #9, and Life Is Good slips to #10.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain On Me is Gaga's fifth #1, and Ariana's fourth.

      Delete
    2. If you didn't expect to be, you shouldn't have posted it as a fact. Just please keep this in mind. Phrasing is everything. If you were to say: "I think Rain On Me will be #1 on the Hot 100" that would've made more sense.

      Delete
  13. Recommendations for Hits 1:
    Goodbyes - Post Malone/Young Thug
    Josslyn - Olivia O’Brien
    Caution - The Killers/Clean Bandit
    Yo Perreo Sola - Bad Bunny/Nesi
    Deep End Freestyle - Sleepy Hallow
    ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
    Drinks - CYN
    Glitter - BENEE
    Eleven (Remix) - Khalid/Summer Walker
    Summer Feelings - Lennon Stella/Charlie Puth
    Toxic - Kehlani
    THE SCOTTS - THE SCOTTS/Travis Scott/KiD CuDi
    Cold - French Montana/Tory Lanez
    Physical - Dua Lipa
    Bruises - Lewis Capaldi
    Falling - Harry Styles
    Back Home - Trey Songz/Summer Walker
    5 More Minutes - Jonas Brothers
    Play Date - Melanie Martinez
    Surrender - Natalie Taylor
    Match in the Rain - Alec Benjamin
    Lose Somebody - KYGO/ONEREPUBLIC
    Honey in the Summer - PUBLIC
    Aftertaste - Loud Luxury/Morgan St. Jean
    BLINDFOLD - Gunna/Lil Baby
    Life is Good - Future/Drake (Please debut soon)
    Secrets - Regard/RAYE
    Breaking Me - TOPIC/A7S
    TUSA (Spanglish Version) - KAROL G/Nicki Minaj
    Bitter - FLETCHER/Kito

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bruh Goodbyes was already on Hits1 and there’s no way it’s ever coming back

      Delete
    2. Yes:
      Goodbyes... I guess?
      ROCKSTAR
      Eleven
      Summer Feelings
      THE SCOTTS
      Physical
      Bruises
      Falling
      Lose Somebody
      Breaking Me
      Tusa

      No:
      Deep End Freestyle
      Glitter
      Play Date
      Life Is Good

      Delete
  14. New on hits 1
    Ur So c0ol
    Tones and I
    I heard this on hits 1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, we'll see if it hits the Voting Poll.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. No, Chase, it hasn't been on Hits 1 for quite a while, and you have absolutely no way of knowing that it'll be on the voting poll. This is why we don't believe you when we tell you anything. So for the last time, STOP. One more, and I'm deleting all your comments. No exceptions.

      Delete
    5. THATS WHAT I SAID ALSO DONT CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE ITS NOT NICE

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Thank you, and once again, happy birthday. I didn't mean to be too harsh today.

      Delete
  16. Here's the Community Rankings link!

    https://forms.gle/dGnGAnSThiayd1oQA

    ReplyDelete
  17. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: This is America - Childish Gambino

    ReplyDelete
  18. George Floyd reportedly died this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, we know

      Delete
    2. Because everyone in the world already knows about this by now, you're making it seem like you're not taking it seriously.

      Delete
  19. Recommendations for Hits 1:
    This is America - Childish Gambino/Young Thug/21 Savage
    Tell Me U Luv Me - Juice WRLD/Trippie Redd
    TKN - ROSALÍA/Travis Scott
    THE SCOTTS - THE SCOTTS/Travis Scott/KiD CuDi
    ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
    High Fashion - Roddy Ricch/Mustard
    Power - Ellie Goulding
    Mood Ring (By Demand) - Britney Spears
    Caution (Clean Bandit Remix) - The Killers/Clean Bandit
    Breaking Me - TOPIC/A7S
    Aftertaste - Loud Luxury/Morgan St. Jean
    Back Home - Trey Songz/Summer Walker
    Eleven (Remix) - Khalid/Summer Walker
    Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug
    Goodbyes - Post Malone/Young Thug
    Banana (DJ FLe - Minisiren Radio Edit) - Conkarah/Shaggy
    ilomilo - Billie Eilish
    pomegranate - deadmau5/The Neptunes
    5 More Minutes - Jonas Brothers
    Selfish (Alan Walker Remix) - Madison Beer/Alan Walker
    Summer Feelings - Lennon Stella/Charlie Puth

    ReplyDelete
  20. "Man, what a week for my 1-Year Anniversary to land on. So turns out, the countdown was shortened to 30 songs. Is this permanent? Probably, but I’m not certain. This is kind of a disappointment, because Hits 1 probably won’t pick up on any of the smaller hits anymore, and the 2020 Ultimate Rank… we’ll figure that one out. For the time being, that’s still happening. This does have its perks though, as Hits 1 won’t keep songs around for nearly as long as they used to (as you may be able to see from our list of exits) and the voting poll is finally back to normal. Unfortunately, I had to stop If the Countdown Made Sense, because it would be pretty much identical to the countdown. If not, very close. I’m already planning a replacement though. We do have a bunch of good songs that managed to survive this, but a bunch of good songs that left too. Anyways, this week is full chart review week, so I’ll be going over every single song currently on the countdown right now. A few changes will be made to the weekly posts, mostly in regards to the top 20 ranking. I decided I would just rank the entire countdown, because it’s only 10 songs more than I normally would, and 20 is over half anyways. That also means I’ll be combining my top/bottom 5 picks into that as well. Of course this week there will be no blurbs, as I’m reviewing every song anyways. So I say we start this thing with our whopping record-breaking list of 17 (!) exits. (Fun fact, 17 also made a re-entry this week in Hit-Bound. Coincidence? I think not.) Oh, yeah! Event 2 on the Weekend Countdown Olympics is live! And you have to redo Community Rankings! (The #80-#71 one)"

    What a week...

    ReplyDelete
  21. “ This next song at #22 came out a few weeks ago, and I’d say it still holds up, although not as good. Stuck with U by Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber really just got overshadowed by Rain On Me, I feel. This was for charity, and although it’s an incredible vocal performance from both artists, it being one of Justin’s best, this feels a little forgettable. I mean, just a few weeks ago, it was a huge release, and after a week, I kind of forgot it existed. We’ll see how it does here, since this is still fairly early in its run, and I’d honestly be fine if it was a hit.”

    Agreed.

    “ Since our beloved countdown was shortened, it makes it quite a bit easier to do a full chart review this week. So there’s a bonus. We’ll start with our #30 (ouch) being the Imanbek Remix of Roses by SAINt JHN. I’m pretty glad this song survived this week, since it’s really good. I listened to the original, and yeah, this is for sure better. The bass-heavy production really adds a lot to the song, and really fits with this song. The pitched-up vocals actually sound decent, although it’s a little hard to hear the lyrics. Overall, a really great song, and I’m glad it’s currently a hit. Oh also, this is the first time the bottom spot on the countdown has jumped from last week.”

    It is not a hit after all imo Roses sucks and even though I never liked that song bc it is crap.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hits 1 Updated the Wutchuwant Poll:

    Maniac sucks and I know that I am over that song so I Love Me should reach number one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What does Maniac sucking have to do with the poll being updated cause uh no they didn't update it and uh no Maniac doesn't suck. You wanna listen to a song by him that sucks go check out The Story

      Delete
  23. But I am happy that it had the biggest drop this week that is good

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sadly, Blinding Lights isn't in the top 20 for airplay...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it’s something that doesn’t suck

      Delete
    2. It's probably gonna be Watermelon Sugar or No Judgement. Both have been getting significant amounts of airplay.

      Delete
    3. Oh of course. They’re both by 1D members. That’s literally the only reason why.

      Delete
    4. I'd be fine with Watermelon Sugar, but expect a rant if No Judgement hits #1.

      Delete
    5. Oh wait Maniac might jump and hit number one soon it has a lot of spins according to xmplaylist bad news for me

      Delete
    6. "Expect a rant if No Judgment hits #1."

      Hahahaha. No judgment is actually on my 'greatest songs ever' playlist.

      Delete
    7. Nice. I just find it too boring, and also not a hit, and it's only there because Hits 1 loves Niall.

      Delete
  25. Before You Go is officially locked in for the year-end list, being the sixth song to do so, and the first song to do so that debuted in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the only song still on the countdown to be locked in (the others are Adore You, Don't Start Now, Nice To Meet Ya, Circles and Teeth)

      Delete
  26. “I was really surprised this next song didn’t hit the top 5, since it got re-released last week. Watermelon Sugar by Harry Styles is #6, and I forgot how much I liked this song because of the weird run it had. It’s really catchy, and the production is fantastic here. Harry actually sounds really good here, and I have no doubt that this will hit #1 here. Actually, I think it has a really good shot at hitting the top 5 on the Hot 100.”

    No it’s crap and I don’t like Harry Styles anymore every time I hear Watermelon Sugar it is overplayed and it sucks imo. I fudging do not care for that song. It needs to leave and not hit number one.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hit-Bound songs with the most airplay:
    Toosie Slide - Drake
    Savage (Remix) - Megan Thee Stallion/Beyoncé
    The Box - Roddy Ricch
    Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey
    Moral of the Story - Ashe
    the other girl - Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey
    Heartless - Diplo/Julia Michaels/Morgan Wallen
    Daisies - Katy Perry

    ReplyDelete
  28. Weekend Countdown Olympics Event 2 Results are up!

    (Also, you should complete this form if you're competing... for no reason... [there's a reason])

    https://forms.gle/o45NNLocTFMCbj5x5

    ReplyDelete
  29. Okay some news guys.









    Maniac is airing a lot of times

    ReplyDelete
  30. New Music Alert:

    New Ava Max coming this month called “Who’s Laughing Now?” It will be released sometime tomorrow or next Friday so stay tuned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m not sure where you’re getting this from but I’m excited for it anyway

      Delete
    2. I'm excited! Thanks for letting us know, Chase.

      Delete
    3. Chances are that that means that Kings & Queens will be kicked off of Hit-Bound though.

      Delete
  31. My old most viewed post, last year's Halloweekend Countdown post, isn't in the top 5 anymore! It's been an insane year.

    ReplyDelete
  32. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Control - Zoe Wees

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hits 1 updated the voting poll!

    Available:
    Banana - Conkarah/Shaggy
    Falling - Harry Styles
    Black And White - Niall Horan
    ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
    Ur So F**kInG cOoL - Tones And I

    Unavailable:
    Ride It - Regard
    If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels
    Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
    Toosie Slide - Drake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stupid Love is also unavailable

      Delete
    2. Please don’t tell me Black And White is another non-single

      Delete
    3. No, he actually released it... on April 21, but he released it nonetheless.

      Delete
  34. Predictions:

    Out:
    me & ur ghost
    Ride It
    If the World Was Ending
    Before You Go
    RITMO

    In:
    The Box
    Savage (Remix)
    Blueberry Faygo
    Moral of the Story
    Heartless

    Biggest DROP!!!:
    Say So

    Biggest Jump:
    Rain On Me

    #5: Break My Heart
    #4: No Judgement
    #3: Blinding Lights
    #2: Maniac
    #1: Watermelon Sugar

    Hit-Bound Entrants:
    17
    Banana
    Falling
    Black And White
    ROCKSTAR
    Ur So F**kInG cOoL

    Hit-Bound Exit:
    Toosie Slide

    idk, this is most likely wrong, I'm just hoping that the voting poll is fine. Just a little wishful thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly doubt Before You Go will leave.

      Delete
    2. Backup Predictions:

      Out:
      me & ur ghost

      In:
      The Box

      Biggest DROP!!!:
      Say So

      Biggest Jump:
      Rain On Me

      #5: Break My Heart
      #4: No Judgement
      #3: Blinding Lights
      #2: Maniac
      #1: Watermelon Sugar

      Hit-Bound Entrant:
      17

      Delete
    3. Wrong 17 is debuting the countdown this week bc Hits 1 likes Pink Sweat$

      Delete
    4. And it aired as Ear Poppin Music

      Delete
    5. And Maniac is about to hit number one tomorrow

      Delete
    6. Why do I not trust you at all?

      Delete
    7. Waffle bc I told Beluga his opinion is that 17 would re enter HitBound but it is not going to it is going to debut the countdown bc it aired as ear poppin music

      Delete
    8. No, Chase, that's not my opinion. That's your opinion. You can't tell people what their opinions are. 17 is NOT going to debut, and tomorrow we'll see and I'll prove you WRONG.

      Delete
  35. So did someone recently say shortening the countdown would keep us from having countdown songs re-enter Hitbound??? That is so not true lmao. I have no idea what's gonna happen this week now after Hitbound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you post Hit-Bound on here after you listen to it? I think that would be very helpful.

      Delete
  36. https://wafflescountdownreviews.blogspot.com/2020/06/the-weeknd-6-week-of-may-30-2020.html

    ReplyDelete
  37. Sure. Here is the Hitbound list:

    Drake - Toosie Slide
    Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me (Re-Entry)
    AJR - Bang!
    Katy Perry - Daisies
    Jackson Wang - 100 Ways
    FINNEAS - Let's Fall In Love For The Night
    Pink Sweat$ - 17 (Re-Entry)
    Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope
    Sia - Together
    Ava Max - Kings & Queens
    Ashe - Moral Of The Story
    Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That (Debut)
    Tones & I - Ur So Cool (Debut)
    Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey - The Other Girl
    Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo

    * I labeled Like That as a debut since it's never officially been on Hitbound

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hits 1 legit just spoiled the countdown: The title of this week is: "There's a NEW #1 Song This Week...", but I guess that's expected.

    ReplyDelete
  39. They only announced Like That as an exit, so I'm a little confused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain On Me's at #28, so it actually just pulled a Sunday Best, which is absolutely stupid.

      Delete
    2. I hate it when songs do that. There's no point. They should just add one of the songs that they put on the voting poll.

      Delete
    3. I've decided Hits 1 is gonna play rap songs a lot now, but not let them debut on the countdown, hence Heartless being the only debut. Savage and The Box I would have expected as well. The 1975 song I'm assuming will be a Hitbound dropout.

      Delete
    4. I honestly didn't even realize If You're Too Shy was gone.

      Delete
    5. Btw, I posted the comment below before reading yours.

      Delete
  40. My guess is this is what happened: Like That left, and was put on Hit-Bound. Heartless debuted, and The Box and Savage were removed from Hit-Bound, as push to debut next week, like they used to do.

    ReplyDelete
  41. #30 heartless
    #29 roses
    #28 rain on me
    #27 death bed (coffee for your head)
    #26 city of angels

    ReplyDelete
  42. #25 RITMO
    #24 X
    #23 SUPALONLEY
    #22 ride it
    #21 stuck with u

    ReplyDelete
  43. #19 Oh My God
    #18 Sunday Best
    #17 Be Kind

    ReplyDelete
  44. Countdown Extra is The Box! It's not gone!

    ReplyDelete
  45. #16 Intentions
    #15 If the World Was Ending
    #14 In Your Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  46. YAY WATERMELON SUGAR IS 3 YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

    ReplyDelete
  47. 5 before you go
    4 break my heart

    ReplyDelete
  48. Last years number one: sucker

    ReplyDelete
  49. Yikes ROM aired both HitBound and Countdown again that is weird.

    ReplyDelete
  50. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)