Saturday, November 16, 2019

Week of November 16, 2019 - 5 Seconds of Summer (1)

5 Seconds of Summer (1)

Take a bite out of this countdown! Get it? Bite? Teeth? … Good enough.

Songs We’re Saying Goodbye To
Goodbyes - Post Malone (#45) [#10]
3 Nights - Dominic Fike (#43) [#31]

Last Week’s #1: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi (2)

#45: bad guy - Billie Eilish (-1) [#10]
#44: I Don’t Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber (-5) [#5]
#43: Time - NF (-7) [#36]
#42: Nightmare - Halsey (-) [#2]
#41: Cool - Jonas Brothers (-6) [1 week at #1]
#40: Dance Monkey - Tones and I (-2) [#38]
#39: Dear Future Self (Hands Up) - Fall Out Boy/Wyclef Jean (-16) [#18]
#38: Higher Love - Kygo/Whitney Houston (-4) [#29]
#37: Make You Mine - PUBLIC (-) [#19]
#36: Raising Hell - Kesha/Big Freedia (DEBUT) [3 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#35: We Made It - Louis Tomlinson (DEBUT) [3 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#34: Liar - Camila Cabello (-3) [#21]
#33: frick, i’m lonely - Lauv/Anne-Marie (-1) [#32]
#32: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco (-3) [3 weeks at #1]
#31: Dear Winter - AJR (-1) [#30]
#30: Look At Her Now - Selena Gomez (+10) [#30] *new peak*
#29: If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin (-1) [#3]
#28: Trampoline - SHAED (+13) [#27]
#27: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello (-5) [#3]
#26: Call You Mine - The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha (-1) [#5]
#25: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift (-4) [1 week at #1]
#24: Stack It Up - Liam Payne (-) [#24]
#23: Look What God Gave Her - Thomas Rhett (-6) [#13]
#22: Sucker - Jonas Brothers (-3) [13 weeks at #1]
#21: Rescue Me - OneRepublic (-3) [#12]
#20: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes (-4) [9 weeks at #1]
#19: What Am I - Why Don’t We (+7) [#19] *new peak*
#18: The Hype - Twenty One Pilots (-9) [#9]
#17: Mother - Charlie Puth (+3) [#17] *new peak*
#16: Memories - Maroon 5 (-5) [#11]
#15: Truth Hurts - Lizzo (-1) [#2]
#14: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez (+19) [#14] *new peak*
#13: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber (+2) [#13] *new peak*
#12: How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith (+15) [#12] *new peak*
#11: Only Human - Jonas Brothers (-3) [1 week at #1]
#10: Lover - Taylor Swift (+3) [#10] *new peak*
#9: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer (-6) [2 weeks at #1]
#8: Graveyard - Halsey (+2) [#7]
#7: Good As Hell - Lizzo (-1) [#6]
#6: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid (-4) [1 week at #1]
#5: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer (+7) [3 weeks at #1]
#4: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan (+1) [#4] *new peak*
#3: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi (-2) [2 weeks at #1]
#2: Circles - Post Malone (+2) [#2] *new peak*
#1: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer (+6) [1st week at #1] *new peak*


Last Year’s #1: Happier - Marshmello/Bastille [2/2 weeks at #1]


Countdown Extra: Purple Hat - Sofi Tukker

All right! Let’s start this week off on a high note with Raising Hell by Kesha and Big Freedia. This is a huge feel-good song and you just enjoy every second of it. It’s super upbeat, a good counterpart to her last album, and honestly just a really fun time. I’d love to see this do really well on the countdown. Big Freedia honestly doesn’t add much to the song, but she’s a good presence here.

And one spot above Raising Hell, we have the incredibly uninteresting We Made It by Louis Tomlinson. I’m glad Louis’ getting a bit of success, since he had two dropouts this year and no debuts. Although, it kind of sucks that this is the song that debuted. I legit can’t remember how it goes immediately after hearing it. So yeah, not a great song.

Best Debut: Raising Hell - Kesha/Big Freedia

Biggest DROP!!!: Dear Future Self (Hands Up) - Fall Out Boy/Wyclef Jean (-16): Honestly, with Bob Dylan debuting Hit-Bound, I’m totally fine with this.

Biggest Jump: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez (+19): All right! Let’s see this hit #1 soon, that would be amazing.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: Circles - Post Malone
#4: Dance Monkey - Tones and I
#3: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez
#2: Time - NF
#1: Higher Love - Kygo/Whitney Houston

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: Mother - Charlie Puth
#4: Dear Winter - AJR
#3: Nightmare - Halsey
#2: Cool - Jonas Brothers
#1: Truth Hurts - Lizzo

Top 20 Ranking

0 - Crap:
#20: Truth Hurts - Lizzo

1 - Bad:
#19: Mother - Charlie Puth

2 - Mediocre:
#18: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes
#17: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer

3 - Decent:
#16: Lover - Taylor Swift
#15: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer

4 - Good:
#14: Graveyard - Halsey
#13: Only Human - Jonas Brothers
#12: Good As Hell - Lizzo
#11: How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith

5 - Great:
#10: The Hype - Twenty One Pilots
#9: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#8: Memories - Maroon 5
#7: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid
#6: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber
#5: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer
#4: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan
#3: What Am I - Why Don’t We
#2: Circles - Post Malone
#1: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez

Overall Score: 77/100 = 77%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: bad guy - Billie Eilish & If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes
#4: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#3: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#2: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer
#1: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Make It Right - BTS/Lauv

Hit-Bound
Wave - Meghan Trainor/Mike Sabath [5*]
Bob Dylan - Fall Out Boy [1]
Purple Hat - Sofi Tukker [2]
Lonely - Diplo/Jonas Brothers [6]
Hold Me While You Wait - Lewis Capaldi [5]
Take What You Want - Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott [2]
I Hate LA - Hot Chelle Rae [2]
all the good girls go to hell - Billie Eilish [7]
South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B [3]
Panini - Lil Nas X [2]
Wanted - OneRepublic [3]
Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa [1]
One Thing Right - Marshmello/Kane Brown [7]
Lights Up - Harry Styles [6*]
Don’t Call Me Angel - Ariana Grande/Miley Cyrus/Lana Del Rey [6]

Also Available For Vote
ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas [1]
Into the Unknown - Panic! At The Disco [1]
Push My Luck - The Chainsmokers [1]
everything i wanted - Billie Eilish [1]

Alright, so our first new Hit-Bound song is Bob Dylan by Fall Out Boy. This song doesn’t really sound that much like Fall Out Boy, and I kinda dig it. With this song coming in, it honestly kicks Dear Future Self to blue. It sounds really cool and different and I love this a lot. Great song, I kind of hope it debuts.

We got some new Dua Lipa this week in the form of Don’t Start Now. I’m not really a fan of Dua, and this still doesn’t get me. I mean, this one isn’t bad like One Kiss or New Rules, but it’s still not great. It’s got like a disco vibe, and let’s admit it. Disco isn’t that great. Her vocals are fine and everything I guess, I just find this to be kind of bland and boring.

‘Kay, so there were 4 songs this week that didn’t debut Hit-Bound, but are still on the poll, so I’m gonna start with ROXANNE by Arizona Zervas. This is rap. Why is this here? I don’t get it. It’s not even mildly pop, I have absolutely no clue why Hits 1 picked it up. I hope it doesn’t debut.

Next from Frozen 2, we have Into the Unknown by Panic! At The Disco. This is okay, I guess. I feel like in the chorus, he’s just flexing his vocal range, but whatever. I really don’t want more Panic!, because we’ve gotten so many unnecessary singles from them lately. Anyways, I feel this might grow on me, but not now.

All right, so this next Chainsmokers song, I heard before it came out on the World War Joy Tour. So, I have a bit of a soft spot for it. I honestly think Alex’s voice isn’t that bad. I like the drop here and that little part at the end of the chorus is pretty good. This is a good chill song and I kind of hope it debuts. I’m sad it pushed Takeaway off of Hit-Bound though.

Augh. Billie Eilish. Although everything i wanted isn’t terrible, it’s still not great. Her voice still isn’t that good, but I feel that it works better with this than stuff like bad guy and bury a friend. The chorus is honestly pretty good, but I think the rest of the song is a bit lacking in like, everything. So, yeah. This song is okay.

Best Debut: Bob Dylan - Fall Out Boy

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Crap:
#19: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas
#18: Purple Hat - Sofi Tukker

1 - Bad:
#17: I Hate LA - Hot Chelle Rae
#16: all the good girls go to hell - Billie Eilish

2 - Mediocre:
#15: Wanted - OneRepublic
#14: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa
#13: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish

3 - Decent:
#12: Lonely - Diplo/Jonas Brothers
#11: Into the Unknown - Panic! At The Disco

4 - Good:
#10: Lights Up - Harry Styles
#9: Panini - Lil Nas X

5 - Great:
#8: Push My Luck - The Chainsmokers
#7: Hold Me While You Wait - Lewis Capaldi
#6: Don’t Call Me Angel - Ariana Grande/Miley Cyrus/Lana Del Rey
#5: One Thing Right - Marshmello/Kane Brown
#4: South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B
#3: Wave - Meghan Trainor/Mike Sabath
#2: Bob Dylan - Fall Out Boy
#1: Take What You Want - Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott

Overall Score: 62/95 = 65%

Raising Blurbs

We lost Goodbyes and 3 Nights this week. Both songs were pretty good and I’m sad to see them go.

Why is Time in the bottom 5? No!

Also, why is Dance Monkey in the 40s?

Also also, why is Higher Love at #38?

Good news: Trampoline has recovered from its injury and should be jumping soon. (That joke worked on so many more levels than I thought it would)

What Am I is in the top 20! Yay!

How Do You Sleep? for some reason is back up at a new peak.

Our #2 is Circles. Never thought I’d see the day where Post Malone was #2.

And our #1 is… Teeth? All right, I’ll take it!

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing On The Hot 100:
#1: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#2: Circles - Post Malone
#3: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello
#4: Truth Hurts - Lizzo
#5: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez
#6: Good As Hell - Lizzo
#8: Panini - Lil Nas X
#9: Memories - Maroon 5
#10: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber
#12: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#15: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid
#16: Trampoline - SHAED
#18: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus
#19: Only Human - Jonas Brothers
#20: I Don’t Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber
#21: Goodbyes - Post Malone/Young Thug
#23: Dance Monkey - Tones and I
#24: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure
#25: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#27: How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith
#30: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa
#34: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas
#36: Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith/Normani
#40: One Thing Right - Marshmello/Kane Brown
#41: Time - NF
#42: Graveyard - Halsey
#43: Lover - Taylor Swift
#46: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift
#51: Take What You Want - Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott
#52: Liar - Camila Cabello
#56: Hate Me - Ellie Goulding/Juice WRLD
#62: Look At Her Now - Selena Gomez
#78: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan
#89: all the good girls go to hell - Billie Eilish
#98: Higher Love - Kygo/Whitney Houston

3 comments:

  1. “All right! Let’s start this week off on a high note with Raising Hell by Kesha and Big Freedia. This is a huge feel-good song and you just enjoy every second of it. It’s super upbeat, a good counterpart to her last album, and honestly just a really fun time. I’d love to see this do really well on the countdown. Big Freedia honestly doesn’t add much to the song, but she’s a good presence here.”

    Well fudge Raising Hell bc Kesha is such an annoying singer who sings like hell. I hate her voice and her voice is crazy like hell and Big Freedia is crap and she never knows the words. It is more worsening than she thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Next from Frozen 2, we have Into the Unknown by Panic! At The Disco. This is okay, I guess. I feel like in the chorus, he’s just flexing his vocal range, but whatever. I really don’t want more Panic!, because we’ve gotten so many unnecessary singles from them lately. Anyways, I feel this might grow on me, but not now.”

    No way, ITU is fudging horrible and Panic! At the Disco’s Brendon Urie’s voice is crap. Better get the Idina Menzel bc I like Idina Menzel a lot

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)