Saturday, October 5, 2019

Week of October 5, 2019 - 5 Seconds of Summer (2)

5 Seconds of Summer (2)

We had a pretty eventful week this week. Some things are good, some bad. Not the best countdown, but not the worst. Our Hit-Bound is starting to get corrupted though. :( ON WITH THE COUNTDOWN!!!

Songs We're Saying Goodbye To
With You - Kaskade/Meghan Trainor (#45) [#21]
Bad Liar - Imagine Dragons (#44) [#6]
Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus (#43) [#7]
Never Really Over - Katy Perry (#41) [#10]
Here With Me - Marshmello/CHVRCHES (#40) [#5]

Last Week's #1: Cool - Jonas Brothers (1)

#45: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure (-6) [#6]
#44: ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie (-7) [#2]
#43: Make You Mine - PUBLIC (-1) [#19]
#42: Harder - Jax Jones/Bebe Rexha (-10) [#31]
#41: Nightmare - Halsey (-5) [#2]
#40: 3 Nights - Dominic Fike (-9) [#31]
#39: boyfriend - Ariana Grande/Social House (-16) [#16]
#38: Dream Boy - Waterparks (-5) [#30]
#37: Circles - Post Malone (DEBUT) [4 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#36: Look Away - Stephen Puth (-7) [#22]
#35: Trampoline - SHAED (+3) [#27]
#34: What Am I - Why Don't We (DEBUT) [4 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#33: Shameless - Camila Cabello (+1) [#29]
#32: Dancing's Not a Crime - Panic! At The Disco (-2) [#10]
#31: Only Human - Jonas Brothers (DEBUT) [12 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#30: Lover - Taylor Swift (DEBUT) [7 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#29: Love Me Less - MAX/Quinn XCII (-11) [#10]
#28: bad guy - Billie Eilish (-) [#10]
#27: I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber (-3) [#5]
#26: Small Talk - Katy Perry (-5) [#19]
#25: Memories - Maroon 5 (DEBUT) [2 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#24: Liar - Camila Cabello (+3) [#21]
#23: Jesus In LA - Alec Benjamin (+12) [#23] *new peak*
#22: How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith (-3) [#18]
#21: The Hype - Twenty One Pilots (+5) [#21] *new peak*
#20: Hate Me - Ellie Goulding/Juice WRLD (-3) [#17]
#19: Mother - Charlie Puth (+3) [#19] *new peak*
#18: All the Time - Zara Larsson (-7) [#11]
#17: Rescue Me - OneRepublic (-3) [#13]
#16: Goodbyes - Post Malone (-1) [#10]
#15: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid (-3) [#12]
#14: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello (-6) [#3]
#13: Look What God Gave Her - Thomas Rhett (+7) [#13] *new peak*
#12: Cool - Jonas Brothers (-11) [1 week at #1]
#11: Graveyard - Halsey (+14) [#11] *new peak*
#10: If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin (+6) [#3]
#9: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer (-) [2 weeks at #1]
#8: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi (+2) [#4]
#7: If I Can't Have You - Shawn Mendes (-4) [9 weeks at #1]
#6: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco (-) [3 weeks at #1]
#5: Call You Mine - The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha (+8) [#5] *new peak*
#4: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift (-2) [1 week at #1]
#3: Sucker - Jonas Brothers (+4) [13 weeks at #1]
#2: Truth Hurts - Lizzo (+3) [#2] *new peak*
#1: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer (+3) [2nd week at #1]

Last Year's #1: High Hopes - Panic! At The Disco [5/8 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: all the good girls go to hell - Billie Eilish

Our first of five new songs this week is Circles by Post Malone. I kind of expected this to debut a bit higher but whatever. This is a great song. When I first reviewed it, I didn't like it that much because I thought it didn't work very well with his voice. But now, I think this is even better than Goodbyes. I love the guitar rift and I think it's honestly just a really good song.

The next debut is What Am I by Why Don't We. This song is just really sweet and I love the songwriting. All of them have pretty good voices and I just really love this song. Oh yeah! It's also Why Don't We's countdown debut! I kind of expected this to debut and I'm very happy the guys are getting some success. I'd love to see this do well.

Only Human by the Jonas Brothers finally debuted after way too many weeks in Hit-Bound. This is by far the best single from Happiness Begins. I don't know why this stayed for so long in Hit-Bound since Hits 1 stan the Jonas Brothers, but it's here now, and it prevented Cool from staying at #1, so that's always good. I hope this does somewhat well assuming it's actually charting right now.

Immediately after that, we have the worst single so far from Taylor Swift's album Lover; Lover. This song is pretty much The Archer done wrong. It's so boring, there's like no production whatsoever. I mean, her voice is pretty good, but that's about it. I would be happy seeing this flop.

Our last debut this week is Memories by Maroon 5. This song's not bad. Yeah, there's not much production here, but it's still pretty good. Adam Levine's voice is great and yeah. Just a solid song. I'd be cool if this were a hit here.

Best Debut: Circles - Post Malone

Biggest DROP!!!: boyfriend - Ariana Grande/Social House (-16): Right when I start liking the song, it drops down to the bottom 10. Come on. This just got screwed because of Hits 1 taking it off of the voting poll. I hate it when this happens to great songs. Ah, well. Farewell, good friend!

Biggest Jump: Graveyard - Halsey (+14): Yeah, alright. I can get behind this being a hit. I've kind of made my decision now, and I doubt it's gonna fade on me, so I'd love to see this hit #1. Definitely better than the other two singles.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: The Hype - Twenty One Pilots
#4: Trampoline - SHAED
#3: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid
#2: Goodbyes - Post Malone
#1: Circles - Post Malone

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: Mother - Charlie Puth
#4: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#3: Nightmare - Halsey
#2: Cool - Jonas Brothers
#1: Truth Hurts - Lizzo

Top 20 Ranking

0 - Crap:
#20: Truth Hurts - Lizzo
#19: Cool - Jonas Brothers

1 - Bad:
#18: Mother - Charlie Puth
#17: All the Time - Zara Larsson

2 - Mediocre:
#16: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco
#15: If I Can't Have You - Shawn Mendes

3 - Decent:
#14: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer
#13: If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin

4 - Good:
#12: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer
#11: Call You Mine - The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha
#10: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#9: Rescue Me - OneRepublic

5 - Great:
#8: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello
#7: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#6: Hate Me - Ellie Goulding/Juice WRLD
#5: Look What God Gave Her - Thomas Rhett
#4: Graveyard - Halsey
#3: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift
#2: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid
#1: Goodbyes - Post Malone

Overall Score: 68/100 = 68%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie AND Dancing's Not a Crime - Panic! At The Disco
#4: Love Me Less - MAX/Quinn XCII AND Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#3: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#2: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer
#1: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Take What You Want - Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott

Hit-Bound
WHO DO U LOVE? - Monsta X/French Montana [2]
10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber [1]
Motivation - Normani [1]
lonely - Lauv/Anne-Marie [5]
Roaring 20s - Panic! At The Disco [9]
Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan [1]
Stack It Up - Liam Payne [3]
Dear Future Self (Hands Up) - Fall Out Boy/Wyclef Jean [4]
Good As Hell - Lizzo [9]
Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer [7]
Higher Love - Kygo/Whitney Houston [6]
all the good girls go to hell - Billie Eilish [1]
One Thing Right - Marshmello/Kane Brown [1]
Time - NF [5]
Kill My Mind - Louis Tomlinson [5]

Also Available For Vote
Dance Monkey - Tones and I [1]

Our first new Hit-Bound song this week is a surprising collaboration between Dan + Shay and Justin Bieber called 10,000 Hours. You can really see just how much Justin Bieber has grown over the years since that phase, and I'm so happy for that. Dan, Shay and Justin have really great chemistry and I wouldn't be surprised and would love it if this debuted next week.

Normani's solo debut Motivation comes in at Hit-Bound entrant #2 this week. Yeah, this isn't my cup of tea. I liked her on Love Lies and Dancing With A Stranger, and even this, but I just don't really like this kind of music. I respect this song, and I wish it all the best and would be cool if it were a hit.

We now have three songs from One Direction guys in Hit-Bound. Nice To Meet Ya by Niall Horan is definitely the best one. I think Niall's had the best career so far. This song sounds really great. I'll probably be able to give it a better review when it debuts. Sorry about that, guys.

Unfortunately, we got more Billie Eilish this week with all the good girls go to hell. This song reminds me of bury a friend but with a bit more production. So in that way, it's a bit better. I doubt this is gonna be another bad guy, but I think it'll still do decentley. Unfortunately.

This next one Hits 1 picked up on a bit late. It's One Thing Right by Marshmello and Kane Brown. I love this song. I know some people *cough* Waffle *cough* hate it, but personally I find it to be really great. I love the mix between EDM and country, and I don't even find his voice to be that bad. It's charting and everything, so I hope it does well and debuts.

Yeah, we have another song available for vote only, and it's not that good. It's Dance Monkey by Tones and I. The vocals here are just horrible. The rest of the song really isn't that bad, but I can't focus on it because the vocals are just so terrible.

Best Hit-Bound Debut: One Thing Right - Marshmello/Kane Brown

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Crap:
#16: all the good girls go to hell - Billie Eilish
#15: Dance Monkey - Tones and I

1 - Bad:
#14: Kill My Mind - Louis Tomlinson

2 - Mediocre:
NONE!

3 - Decent:
#13: Stack It Up - Liam Payne
#12: Motivation - Normani
#11: WHO DO U LOVE? - Monsta X/French Montana
#10: Roaring 20s - Panic! At The Disco

4 - Good:
#9: Good As Hell - Lizzo
#8: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer

5 - Great:
#7: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan
#6: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber
#5: Higher Love - Kygo/Whitney Houston
#4: lonely - Lauv/Anne-Marie
#3: One Thing Right - Marshmello/Kane Brown
#2: Dear Future Self (Hands Up) - Fall Out Boy/Wyclef Jean
#1: Time - NF

Overall Score: 56/80 = 70%

Only Blurb-an

We lost 5 songs this week. With You, Bad Liar, Old Town Road, Never Really Over and Here With Me. With You was never good, so I don't really care that it's gone. Bad Liar was great and had a really good run even if it didn't hit top 5. Old Town Road was straight up the biggest song ever, Never Really Over was okay and Here With Me was great and I was just starting to get tired of it, so great timing.

Harder fell to the bottom 5. I can't say I'm surprised.

Trampoline is jumping slowly, thankfully.

Dancing's Not a Crime and Love Me Less seem to hopefully be on their way out soon.

The Hype is really close to the top 20. I really want it to make it.

Look What God Gave Her seems to be on it's way to the top 10. Okay.

Cool fell to #12 this week! That's very good.

Call You Mine is at #5. Alrighty then.

Truth Hurts is #2. Please let this not hit #1.

Easier is #1. I honestly don't care as long as it's blocking Truth Hurts from there.

YouTube 15
boyfriend - Ariana Grande/Social House [4]
God Is A Dancer - Tiësto/Mabel [2]
Chicken Noodle Soup - j-hope/Becky G [1]
Time - NF [1]
Wanted - OneRepublic [4]
bad guy - Billie Eilish [20]
Party - Paulo Londra/A Boogie Wit da Hoodie [1]
Circles - Post Malone [3]
Don't Call Me Angel - Ariana Grande/Miley Cyrus/Lana Del Rey [3]
Truth Hurts - Lizzo [12]
You Can't Stop The Girl - Bebe Rexha [1]
Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi [7]
DOLLAR - Becky G/Myke Towers [12]
Talk - Khalid/Disclosure [21]
Lonely - Diplo/Jonas Brothers [1]

No Longer Trending
Feelings - Lauv [1]
Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus [25]
Sweettalk My Heart - Tove Lo [1]
Motivation - Normani [6]
Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello [?]
LOVE U - Monsta X [1]

YouTube 15 Ranking

0 - Crap:
#15: Truth Hurts - Lizzo
#14: Chicken Noodle Soup - j-hope/Becky G

1 - Bad:
#13: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#12: DOLLAR - Becky G/Myke Towers

2 - Mediocre:
#11: Party - Paulo Londra/A Boogie Wit da Hoodie
#10: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure

3 - Decent:
#9: Lonely - Diplo/Jonas Brothers
#8: God Is A Dancer - Tiësto/Mabel

4 - Good:
#7: Wanted - OneRepublic
#6: You Can't Stop The Girl - Bebe Rexha

5 - Great:
#5: boyfriend - Ariana Grande/Social House
#4: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#3: Don't Call Me Angel - Ariana Grande/Miley Cyrus/Lana Del Rey
#2: Circles - Post Malone
#1: Time - NF

Overall Score: 45/75 = 60%

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)