Saturday, October 19, 2019

Week of October 19, 2019 - Jonas Brothers (1)

Jonas Brothers (1)

We’ve got a great new #1! It was a pretty interesting week this week! I’ll let you guys see for yourselves!

Songs We're Saying Goodbye To
Look Away - Stephen Puth (#38) [#22]
Shameless - Camila Cabello (#35) [#29]

Last Week’s #1: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer (3)

#45: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure (-1) [#6]
#44: ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie (+1) [#2]
#43: 3 Nights - Dominic Fike (-1) [#31]
#42: Nightmare - Halsey (+1) [#2]
#41: Love Me Less - MAX/Quinn XCII (-) [#10]
#40: Trampoline - SHAED (-) [#27]
#39: Small Talk - Katy Perry (-9) [#19]
#38: I Don’t Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber (-9) [#5]
#37: bad guy - Billie Eilish (-6) [#10]
#36: lonely - Lauv/Anne-Marie (-4) [#32]
#35: Dream Boy - Waterparks (-1) [#30]
#34: How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith (-6) [#18]
#33: Make You Mine - PUBLIC (-6) [#19]
#32: Higher Love - Kygo/Whitney Houston (+5) [#32] *new peak*
#31: Roaring 20s - Panic! At The Disco (+5) [#31] *new peak*
#30: Jesus In LA - Alec Benjamin (-8) [#22]
#29: Dear Future Self (Hands Up) - Fall Out Boy/Wyclef Jean (-4) [#25]
#28: What Am I - Why Don’t We (-4) [#24]
#27: The Hype - Twenty One Pilots (-6) [#21]
#26: Memories - Maroon 5 (-6) [#20]
#25: Circles - Post Malone (+8) [#25] *new peak*
#24: Mother - Charlie Puth (-6) [#18]
#23: Liar - Camila Cabello (-) [#23]
#22: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber (DEBUT) [2 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#21: Lover - Taylor Swift (+5) [#21] *new peak*
#20: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan (DEBUT) [2 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#19: Call You Mine - The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha (-3) [#5]
#18: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes (-10) [9 weeks at #1]
#17: Goodbyes - Post Malone (+2) [#10]
#16: Look What God Gave Her - Thomas Rhett (+1) [#13]
#15: Good As Hell - Lizzo (+24) [#15] *new peak*
#14: Rescue Me - OneRepublic (+1) [#13]
#13: Cool - Jonas Brothers (-1) [1 week at #1]
#12: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco (-3) [3 weeks at #1]
#11: If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin (-1) [#3]
#10: Graveyard - Halsey (+1) [#10] *new peak*
#9: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello (+5) [#3]
#8: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer (-2) [2 weeks at #1]
#7: Truth Hurts - Lizzo (-4) [#2]
#6: Sucker - Jonas Brothers (-2) [13 weeks at #1]
#5: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi (+2) [#4]
#4: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift (+1) [1 week at #1]
#3: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid (+10) [#3] *new peak*
#2: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer (-1) [3 weeks at #1]
#1: Only Human - Jonas Brothers (+1) [1st week at #1] *new peak*

Last Year’s #1: Youngblood - 5 Seconds of Summer [3/5 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: Stack It Up - Liam Payne

Our first debut this week coming in at #22 is 10,000 Hours by Dan + Shay and Justin Bieber. Now, this song is already #4 on the Billboard Hot 100, so obviously this was gonna debut soon. I love this song. The songwriting is great and it’s just so sweet. The chemistry between Dan, Shay and Justin is actually really great assuming it’s an odd pair. This really shows how much Justin Bieber’s grown since that phase that I don’t need to mention. Hits 1 already loves Dan + Shay, so I know with Justin Bieber, this is gonna do really well.

This is hands-down the best song that we got from one of the One Direction guys. Nice To Meet Ya just shows why Niall Horan became the biggest one that went solo. It’s so catchy, and the production is really good too. His accent works really well with the song too. I feel kind of weird putting that in my review, but it’s true. Yeah, this is a great song and I’d love to see it do well here and everywhere.

Best Debut: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan

Biggest DROP!!!: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes (-10): This song stayed at the top for way too long, so I’m very happy it’s dropping ‘cause I don’t think it deserved that much success.

Biggest Jump: Good As Hell - Lizzo (+24): It’s kind of nice to see this song getting success on its second week. I’d love to see this become a huge hit.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: Trampoline - SHAED
#4: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid
#3: lonely - Lauv/Anne-Marie
#2: Circles - Post Malone
#1: Higher Love - Kygo/Whitney Houston

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: Mother - Charlie Puth
#4: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#3: Nightmare - Halsey
#2: Cool - Jonas Brothers
#1: Truth Hurts - Lizzo

Top 20 Ranking

0 - Crap:
#20: Truth Hurts - Lizzo
#19: Cool - Jonas Brothers

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#18: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco
#17: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes

3 - Decent:
#16: If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin

4 - Good:
#15: Call You Mine - The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha
#14: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#13: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer
#12: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello
#11: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift
#10: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#9: Rescue Me - OneRepublic

5 - Great:
#8: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer
#7: Look What God Gave Her - Thomas Rhett
#6: Good As Hell - Lizzo
#5: Graveyard - Halsey
#4: Only Human - Jonas Brothers
#3: Goodbyes - Post Malone
#2: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan
#1: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid

Overall Score: 75/100 = 75%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie
#4: Love Me Less - MAX/Quinn XCII AND Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#3: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#2: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer
#1: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B

Hit-Bound
One Thing Right - Marshmello/Kane Brown [3]
Dear Winter - AJR [2]
Takeaway - The Chainsmokers/ILLENIUM/Lennon Stella [2]
Lights Up - Harry Styles [2]
Dance Monkey - Tones and I [3]
Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer [9]
Stack It Up - Liam Payne [5]
Motivation - Normani [3]
Kill My Mind - Louis Tomlinson [7]
Don’t Call Me Angel - Ariana Grande/Miley Cyrus/Lana Del Rey [2]
all the good girls go to hell - Billie Eilish [3]
Lonely - Diplo/Jonas Brothers [2]
WHO DO U LOVE? - Monsta X/French Montana [4]
Hold Me While You Wait - Lewis Capaldi [1]
Time - NF [7]

Also Available For Vote
Wave - Meghan Trainor/Mike Sabath [1]

Our first new Hit-Bound song is Lewis Capaldi’s second single, Hold Me While You Wait. This is a really great song and it’s probably even better than Someone You Loved. It’s another piano ballad with great lyrics and he sounds really good. The chorus is really catchy too. I’m not sure this’ll do that well, because it just doesn’t really seem like the type of song that charts really well, but I still wish it the best. The end is also really great.

And for vote we have Wave by Meghan Trainor and Mike Sabath. We finally have a good Meghan Trainor song. I like the multiple voice tracks in the chorus, and wow. When Mike Sabath comes in, the whole song changes. And I love it. This is just amazing. I love their chemistry and the chorus sounds so good. I’d love to see this debut very very soon. The hook in this is really good too.

Best Hit-Bound Debut: Wave - Meghan Trainor/Mike Sabath

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Crap:
#16: Dance Monkey - Tones and I

1 - Bad:
#15: all the good girls go to hell - Billie Eilish
#14: Kill My Mind - Louis Tomlinson

2 - Mediocre:
#13: Motivation - Normani
#12: Stack It Up - Liam Payne

3 - Decent:
#11: Lonely - Diplo/Jonas Brothers
#10: WHO DO U LOVE? - Monsta X/French Montana

4 - Good:
#9: Lights Up - Harry Styles
#8: Dear Winter - AJR

5 - Great:
#7: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer
#6: Hold Me While You Wait - Lewis Capaldi
#5: One Thing Right - Marshmello/Kane Brown
#4: Don’t Call Me Angel - Ariana Grande/Miley Cyrus/Lana Del Rey
#3: Time - NF
#2: Wave - Meghan Trainor/Mike Sabath
#1: Takeaway - The Chainsmokers/ILLENIUM/Lennon Stella

Overall Score: 55/80 = 69%

10,000 Blurbs

Kay, I’m really not doing 10,000 blurbs. We lost two songs this week, Look Away and Shameless. Look Away was never that good, so I’m happy to see it go. Shameless however, was pretty good, although not as good as Liar, I kind of wish it got more success.

Small Talk and I Don’t Care dropped down to the bottom 10 this week. I’m okay to see both go. Small Talk was only okay and I Don’t Care had a pretty good run.

However, lonely should not be dropping on its second week.

“DOP DA DOOP DOOO BRIIING ME HIGHER LOVE!!!”

Memories is really growing on me. I like it a lot now.

It’s good to see Circles jumping.

Beautiful People jumped 10 spots to #3 this week. I’d love to see this get to #1.

Speaking of our #1, after debuting at #31, Only Human only took three weeks to get to the top and I am very happy to see it there.

YouTube 15
Memories - Maroon 5 [1]
Jopping - SuperM [2]
Easy - Camila Cabello [1]
bad guy - Billie Eilish [22]
Chicken Noodle Soup - j-hope/Becky G [3]
Panini - Lil Nas X [2]
Lights Up - Harry Styles [1]
Circles - Post Malone [5]
Wanted - OneRepublic [6]
Truth Hurts - Lizzo [14]
Used to You - Ali Gatie [1]
Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello [?]
DOLLAR - Becky G/Myke Towers [14]
Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi [9]
RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) - The Black Eyed Peas/J Balvin [1]

No Longer Trending
Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan [1]
God Is A Dancer - Tiësto/Mabel [3]
Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid [2]
Cry for Me - Camila Cabello [1]
10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber [1]

Psych! There’s still a YouTube 15! Just no Jenna Marbles. But… I’m gonna start actually reviewing it! Alright, I’m just gonna go over the ones I’ve never reviewed before. Let’s start with Jopping by SuperM. The main hook here is “'Cause when we jumping, it's popping, we jopping”. Yeah, it’s k-pop in case you couldn’t tell. This isn’t terrible, but it’s k-pop so it can never be that good. Yeah. I think we can move on now.

We have more Camila Cabello from her next album, called Easy. This is probably the best single she’s released so far. Her voice is actually really good here. I think whenever she steps away from the latino stuff, she should do more songs like this ‘cause this is really good. The instrumentation here is really great and the song as a whole is just really great and sweet. I’d love to see this debut Hit-Bound sometime soon.

I guess we have more k-pop now with Chicken Noodle Soup by BTS member j-hope and Becky G who never stops trending on this show. I don’t know why this song exists, the writing is horrible, the production’s okay, but you still can’t say it’s good.

So apparently, Lil Nas X isn’t a one hit wonder, since Panini has already hit top 5 on the Hot 100. I can’t believe I’m saying this about a meme artist, but I like anything he puts out. Old Town Road is great, and this is honestly pretty good too. I don’t get the writing whatsoever, but whatever. I think this might have a shot at #1, if Truth Hurts just ceases to exist, and yeah. That’s pretty much it.

Alright, so next we have Wanted by OneRepublic. Yeah, this is good. It’s probably not as good as Rescue Me or even Somebody To Love, but I’m glad these guys are still getting hits. Ryan Tedder has a great voice, and he’s a genius songwriter. This is a pretty solid song.

I’m not sure why Ali Gatie is a thing, but I guess after It’s You we get Used to You which is pretty much the exact same song. His voice is heavily autotuned and he’s not even that good with the autotune. I just can’t get behind this guy and I don’t really know why people like him. We can probably move on to the next one.

I have absolutely no clue how many weeks Señorita has been trending for.

I legit fall asleep listening to DOLLAR. Goodnight!

Why did The Black Eyed Peas do a song with J Balvin? I seriously don’t think RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) sounds that great. I haven’t actually heard the original song that this is remixing off of, but I bet it’s better than this. will.i.am doesn’t sound that bad, but J Balvin kind of ruins it. This is okay.

YouTube 15 Ranking

0 - Crap:
#15: Truth Hurts - Lizzo
#14: Chicken Noodle Soup - j-hope/Becky G
#13: Used to You - Ali Gatie

1 - Bad:
#12: DOLLAR - Becky G/Myke Towers
#11: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#10: Jopping - SuperM

2 - Mediocre:
#9: RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) - The Black Eyed Peas/J Balvin

3 - Decent:
NONE!

4 - Good:
#8: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello
#7: Wanted - OneRepublic
#6: Lights Up - Harry Styles
#5: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi

5 - Great:
#4: Memories - Maroon 5
#3: Panini - Lil Nas X
#2: Easy - Camila Cabello
#1: Circles - Post Malone

Overall Score: 41/75 = 55%

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)