Saturday, March 26, 2022

If the Countdown Made Sense: Week of March 26, 2022 - GAYLE (4)

Hunh. Is this the first time that the same artist has topped If the Countdown Made Sense and the Hunger Games Countdown in the same week? It definitely might be. Anyways, this week, GAYLE holds at #1 with abcdefu for the fourth week in a row. We also have debuts from The Walters and Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran, as well as a re-entry from Blxst & Tyga feat. Ty Dolla $ign. Enjoy!

Songs We're Saying Goodbye To
Oh My God - Adele (#30) [#5] {13 weeks}
I AM WOMAN - Emmy Meli (#28) [#20] {6 weeks}
We Don't Talk About Bruno - Encanto Cast (#21) [#19] {2 weeks}

Last Week's #1: abcdefu - GAYLE (3)

#30: I Love You So - The Walters (DEBUT) [5 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week} {N/A}
#29: Dancing Feet - Kygo/DNCE (-) [#29] {2 weeks} {-15}
#28: Need to Know - Doja Cat (-2) [#2] {30 weeks} {N/A}
#27: STAY - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber (-) [10 weeks at #1] {36 weeks} {N/A}
#26: Ghost - Justin Bieber (-2) [1 week at #1] {26 weeks} {N/A}
#25: When I'm Gone - Alesso/Katy Perry (-6) [#14] {8 weeks} {-15}
#24: Peru - Fireboy DML/Ed Sheeran (DEBUT) [7 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week} {+3}
#23: Chosen - Blxst/Tyga/Ty Dolla $ign (RE-ENTRY) [#23] {2 weeks} {N/A} *new peak*
#22: Heat Waves - Glass Animals (+1) [#10] {30 weeks} {N/A}
#21: Love It When You Hate Me - Avril Lavigne/blackbear (+1) [#21] {7 weeks} {-15} *new peak*
#20: Sacrifice - The Weeknd (-11) [#6] {8 weeks} {-12}
#19: Overpass Graffiti - Ed Sheeran (-3) [#16] {18 weeks} {-15}
#18: Numb Little Bug - Em Beihold (+2) [#18] {4 weeks} {-15} *new peak*
#17: Boyfriend - Dove Cameron (+1) [#17] {3 weeks} {-4} *new peak*
#16: love nwantiti (ah ah ah) - CKay (+1) [#16] {17 weeks} {N/A}
#15: COMPLETE MESS - 5 Seconds of Summer (-) [#15] {2 weeks} {+2}
#14: Sweetest Pie - Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa (+11) [#14] {2 weeks} {+6} *new peak*
#13: The Motto - Tiësto/Ava Max (-) [#12] {6 weeks} {-8}
#12: she's all i wanna be - Tate McRae (-) [#12] {6 weeks} {-1}
#11: Bam Bam - Camila Cabello/Ed Sheeran (+3) [#11] {3 weeks} {+10} *new peak*
#10: THATS WHAT I WANT - Lil Nas X (-4) [2 weeks at #1] {26 weeks} {+15}
#9: High - The Chainsmokers (+2) [#9] {8 weeks} {-2}
#8: Closer - Saweetie/H.E.R. (+2) [#8] {5 weeks} {+14} *new peak*
#7: Fingers Crossed - Lauren Spencer-Smith (+1) [#7] {8 weeks} {+8} *new peak*
#6: Light Switch - Charlie Puth (+1) [#6] {8 weeks} {-4}
#5: Enemy - Imagine Dragons/JID (-) [#5] {7 weeks} {-4}
#4: One Right Now - Post Malone/The Weeknd (-1) [#3] {20 weeks} {+8}
#3: Big Energy - Latto (-1) [#2] {9 weeks} {+15}
#2: Woman - Doja Cat (+2) [#2] {11 weeks} {+14} *new peak*
#1: abcdefu - GAYLE (-) [4th week at #1] {15 weeks} {+8}

Last Year's #1: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo [4/5 weeks at #1]

Biggest Drop: Sacrifice - The Weeknd (-11)

Biggest Jump: Sweetest Pie - Megan Thee Stallion (+11)

Hit-Bound
10 Things I Hate About You - Leah Kate [1]
Beautiful Lies - Yung Bleu/Kehlani [1]
Bones - Imagine Dragons [2]
Checkmate - Jena Rose [8]
Don't Forget My Love - Diplo/Miguel [4]
Don't Lose Sight - Lawrence [3]
Entertain Me - Ylona Garcia [1]
Freaky Deaky - Tyga/Doja Cat [4]
House On Fire - Mimi Webb [6]
IDGAF - BoyWithUke/blackbear [1]
Iffy - Chris Brown [7]
I'm Tired - Labrinth/Zendaya [3]
In My Head - 24kGoldn/Travis Barker [1]
iPad - The Chainsmokers [1]
let you - iann dior [4]
Lost - Frank Ocean [4]
luv starved - GAYLE [2]
make up sex - Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear [1]
MAMIII - Becky G/KAROL G [2]
MF - Bailey Bryan/24kGoldn [2]
Remind Me - Tom Grennan [2]
Stupid Song - Hot Chelle Rae [4]
Sunroof - Nicky Youre/dazy [6]
Super Gremlin - Kodak Black [1]
Tom's Diner - AnnenMayKantereit/Giant Rooks [1]
Weatherman - Eddie Benjamin [6]
WYD Now? - Sadie Jean [12]

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all in the next one.

92 comments:

  1. We Don't Talk About Bruno left THAT QUICKLY??? WHY??? At least the song is still on AT40.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. abcdefu (2 Weeks at #1)
    2. THAT'S WHAT I WANT
    3. Head Waves (+1)
    4. Ghost (-1)
    5. Woman (+2)
    6. Need To Know (-1)
    7. STAY (-1)
    8. Big Energy (+2)
    9. One Right Now (-1)
    10. Easy On Me (-1)
    11. Enemy (+7)
    12. Light Switch (+2)
    13. Shivers (-2)
    14. Fingers Crossed (+1)
    15. Sacrifice (-2)
    16. High
    17. Meet Me At Our Spot (-5)
    18. Closer (+2)
    19. The Motto (+3)
    20. INDUSTRY BABY (-1)
    21. she's all i wanna be (+7)
    22. When I'm Gone (+1)
    23. love nwantiti (ah ah ah) (+3)
    24. Do It To It (-7)
    25. Have Mercy (-4)
    26. Bam Bam (DEBUT)
    27. I AM WOMAN (+2)
    28. COMPLETE MESS (DEBUT)
    29. Chosen (+2)
    30. Cold Heart (-3)
    31. Boyfriend (DEBUT)
    32. I Hate U (+1)
    33. I Love You So (+1)
    34. Bad Habits (-4)
    35. We Don't Talk About Bruno (+2)
    36. Better Days (-1)
    37. You Right (-1) (HOW IS THIS STILL HERE???)
    38. Boys Don't Cry (+1)
    39. good 4 u (-1)
    40. Beggin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Songs Leaving: GHOST TOWN, For Tonight, The Joker And The Queen (HAHAHAHA TJATQ GET REKT)

      Delete
    2. How are Industry Baby and Heat Waves still there? Not complaining but wow. Also yes get rekt TJATQ

      Delete
  3. Also, Doja Cat quit music temporarily, https://www.americantop40.com/content/2022-03-25-doja-cat-says-shes-quitting-music-everything-is-dead-to-me/
    IDK Why, she had Say So, Kiss Me More and Need to Know at #1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You accidentally put Don’t forget my love on the list twice, the duplicated one should be don’t lose sight instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey y’all. I have an announcement about a community event in this weeks post. Read about it here and let me know what y’all think in the comments section of that post.

    https://treyshits1weelendcountdownblog.blogspot.com/2022/03/imagine-dragonsjid1-week-of-march-26th.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hit-Bound/Abyss Spin Counts:
    23: love nwantiti
    23: I Love You So
    21: 2step
    20: I AM WOMAN
    17: Don't Forget My Love
    14: Chosen
    14: TO THE MOON
    13: Bones
    2: luv starved

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dammit, Record Player must have dropped out of Abyss

      Delete
    2. No chase I meant dammit. I’m allowed to swear (that doesn’t even count as swearing tho tbf)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I think The Business will be ranked during the next reveals and he will go on a huge rant then.

      Delete
    2. I don't think so as the song got really high ratings, I think it will be in the top 10. I am 99% sure that I am wrong though.

      Delete
    3. For reference, Beluga put it in last place and Waffle put it in between 40 and 91. Those could prevent it from cracking the top 10.

      Delete
    4. I guess, so that is why I am thinking Body will have the highest standard deviation.

      Delete
  8. I have officially opened Blogger Summer Madness up on my blog. Here is the link to the blog page so y’all can view it. If you wanna participate please leave a comment in the comment section on the page, and I’ll add y’all to the participant list once y’all submit songs for it. This is the event I’m deciding to host over on my blog. I decided to do this instead of a 2021 countdown extras rankdown because of the fact that some of the same songs used in the Hitbound dropouts rankdown would be used in that rankdown and I just don’t like overlapping songs on rankdowns when we all know each other’s opinions already. Some other people in the Hits 1 discord also suggested that this would be a better and more fun idea and I agreed, so this is what we’re gonna do. Here’s the link to the blog page. If y’all have any questions please ask them over on that page and not here, and I hope to see y’all participate.

    https://treyshits1weelendcountdownblog.blogspot.com/p/blogger-summer-madness-2022.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waffle is juat built different, he is always winning the events.

    ReplyDelete
  10. #1 Recommendations for Hits 1:
    WILLOW - Wait a Minute!
    Machine Gun Kelly/blackbear - make up s**
    Stray Kids - MANIAC
    (G)I-DLE - TOMBOY
    The Weeknd - Out of Time
    The Weeknd - Is There Someone Else?
    Daddy Yankee & Bad Bunny - X ÚLTIMA VEZ
    A$AP Rocky/Tyler, the Creator/Nigo - Lost and Found Freestyle 2019
    Lil Durk/Gunna - What Happened to Virgil

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. ENOUGH TALKING IN ONE SPACE PLEASE USE A PARAGRAPH oops I didn't mean to yell at u sorry

      Delete
  12. exits
    emo girl
    i hate u
    ghost town
    we don't talk about bruno

    ReplyDelete
  13. debuts
    i'm tired
    ipad
    freaky deaky
    house on fire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so tired of love songs and i'm tired is bad but iPad and HOF and FD are losing interest in me

      Delete
  14. Guys hairstyles might release a new single on the 1st of April. I'm not sure, it might be a prank lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s true, people on Pulse Music boards have been talking about it and Harry posted it on his Instagram. Great more fucking Harry on Hits 1 I can’t wait.

      Delete
    2. Rockstar Trey stop cursing please that is not nice.

      Delete
    3. Inb4 Rockstar Trey says oops I am sorry Chase I didn't mean to curse at him

      Delete
    4. No it’s being released on Friday Chase, which is April 1st, and please don’t tell me not to curse. I didn’t curse at you, and I curse all the time in my posts and in real life and other people don’t seem to mind. Sorry if I offended you, but there’s not rules here that say I can’t curse, so unfortunately you’ll just have to deal with it happening.

      Delete
    5. For whatever reason, Chays likes to call out people that curse on the comment section of Beluga's posts

      Delete
    6. Beluga allows it, just unless if it is used offensively against other bloggers here. Acronyms are fine for offense tho lmao

      Delete
    7. So I guess Chays thinks all cursing is used offensively against him.

      Delete
    8. Lmao true, I swear because Chase wants to force his opinions on people.

      Delete
    9. HrishK Music next time talk about good stuff not bad stuff plz thanks

      Delete
    10. AND Rockstar Trey I was right cursing is inappropriate u should not curse at HrishK

      Delete
  15. new profile pic it is Machine Gun Kelly with mainstream sellout with a rock n roll guitar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also the album was great! I loved 5150, god save me, make up sex, emo girl, ay! The most.

      Delete
    2. Make up sex is easily the best track

      Delete
    3. Maybe was easily my favorite off Mainstream Sellout.

      Delete
    4. I dont like the bridge on maybe.

      Delete
  16. #teamnowedonttalkaboutbruno
    #teamsigueneedstodebuthits1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #teamwedonttalkaboutbruno
      #teamswearing
      #teamzionandlennox

      Delete
    2. #teamnoswearing
      #teambestfeiendsforever

      Delete
  17. #teamnocovid
    #teamoldnormal
    #teamnonewnormal

    ReplyDelete
  18. Y’all are killin it with the Summer Madness entries. We already have 10 participants, and I haven’t even submitted my songs yet lol. I can’t wait to have fun with that and thanks for all the great song submissions, even if I don’t know all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. why is that summer madness entries rockstar trey

    ReplyDelete
  20. Songs that have spins
    Remind me
    I don't give
    Out of time

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hit-Bound/Abyss Spin Counts:
    27: love nwantiti
    26: TO THE MOON
    25: 2step
    23: Don't Forget My Love
    23: I Love You So
    21: I AM WOMAN
    18: Bones
    18: Chosen
    4: Out of Time
    3: Remind Me
    2: IDGAF

    ReplyDelete
  22. Top 10 Most Added Songs on Pop Radio This Week:
    #1: Out of Time - The Weeknd (62 adds)
    #2: Just a Cloud Away - Pharrell Williams (27 adds)
    #3: Freaky Deaky - Tyga/Doja Cat (16 adds)
    #4: Don't Forget My Love - Diplo/Miguel (14 adds)
    #5: Numb Little Bug - Em Beihold (12 adds)
    #6: MAMIII - Becky G/KAROL G (11 adds)
    #6: Peru - Fireboy DML/Ed Sheeran (11 adds)
    #8: Midnight Thoughts - Baker Grace (9 adds)
    #8: TO THE MOON - Jnr Choi/Sam Tompkins (9 adds)
    #10: Weatherman - Eddie Benjamin (8 adds)

    ReplyDelete
  23. #teamnoswearing
    #teamhrishkmusic
    #teamrockstartrey
    #teamnowedonttalkaboutbruno

    ReplyDelete
  24. When will the next reveals for the rankdown take place and when will your countdown post come out? I really want to hear your thoughts on Enemy hitting #1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanna hear that rant about The Business being higher than Lemonade.

      Delete
    2. It's been a weird/stressful week. Just bear with me.

      Delete
  25. What Chase is showing right now is immaturity.

    ReplyDelete
  26. New song from 5SOS called Take My Hand is dropping Friday. Great we don’t need both them and Harry fucking Styles dropping new music in the same week now do we. At least we have Shawn Mendes new song dropping tonight though, I’m really looking forward to that one.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Spins
    remind me
    idgaf
    out of time
    give your heart a break
    dancing with a stranger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shawn Mendes has a new song called When You’re Gone that’s now playing on Hits 1, and Tate McRae just did a Hits 1 on 1 about Chaotic, although I’m not sure if that’ll debut Hitbound or not, although I’m sure hoping it does cuz it’s a lovely song.

      Delete
  28. When you're gone by Shawn is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hit-Bound/Abyss Spin Counts:
    38: TO THE MOON
    31: 2step
    26: I Love You So
    25: love nwantiti
    24: Don't Forget My Love
    23: Chosen
    20: IDGAF
    17: Bones
    17: Out of Time
    11: I AM WOMAN
    9: Remind Me
    5: When You're Gone
    2: chaotic

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)