Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Week of October 9, 2021 - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber (5)

Hey, all! It was a pretty uninteresting week this week, which isn't surprising at all, considering we just had two very interesting weeks. I do have an announcement though, and that's that I've got the 2020 Ultimate Rank completely finished on a page other than the one I've previously been doing it on, and I just have some polishing to do, then I'll have it up (disclaimer: it does look a bit different than how I've been doing it so far). Here's our lone exit for this week.

Song We're Saying Goodbye To
I GUESS I'M IN LOVE - Clinton Kane (#23) [#23] {4 weeks}

Last Week's #1: STAY - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber (4)

#30: Paralyzed - Sueco (DEBUT) [3 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#29: Way 2 Sexy - Drake/Future/Young Thug (+1) [#29] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#28: I am not a woman, I'm a god - Halsey (-6) [#22] {7 weeks}
#27: Arcade - Duncan Laurence (-12) [#10] {14 weeks}
#26: Sheesh! - Surfaces/Tai Verdes (-) [#26] {3 weeks}
#25: justified - Kacey Musgraves (+4) [#25] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#24: THATS WHAT I WANT - Lil Nas X (+4) [#24] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#23: Who's In Your Head - Jonas Brothers (+4) [#23] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#22: Happier Than Ever - Billie Eilish (+3) [#22] {8 weeks} *new peak*
#21: everything sucks - vaultboy (-4) [#15] {8 weeks}
#20: Need To Know - Doja Cat (+4) [#20] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#19: People Watching - Conan Gray (-) [#17] {10 weeks}
#18: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo (+2) [9 weeks at #1] {20 weeks}
#17: Ghost - Justin Bieber (+4) [#17] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#16: Beggin' - Måneskin (+2) [#8] {9 weeks}
#15: Leave Before You Love Me - Marshmello/Jonas Brothers (-1) [#2] {20 weeks}
#14: @ my worst - blackbear (+2) [#14] {7 weeks} *new peak*
#13: Summer of Love - Shawn Mendes/Tainy (-4) [#9] {7 weeks}
#12: INDUSTRY BABY - Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow (-) [#7] {10 weeks}
#11: Shivers - Ed Sheeran (-) [#11] {2 weeks}
#10: A-O-K - Tai Verdes/24kGoldn (-) [#7] {18 weeks}
#9: traitor - Olivia Rodrigo (+4) [#8] {6 weeks}
#8: You Right - Doja Cat/The Weeknd (-) [#7] {15 weeks}
#7: Cold Heart (Remix) - Elton John/Dua Lipa/PNAU (-1) [#6] {3 weeks}
#6: Fancy Like - Walker Hayes (+1) [#6] {9 weeks} *new peak*
#5: Take My Breath - The Weeknd (-) [#5] {9 weeks}
#4: Love Again - Dua Lipa (-1) [#3] {12 weeks}
#3: Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran (-1) [5 weeks at #1] {15 weeks}
#2: Saturday - Twenty One Pilots (+2) [#2] {12 weeks} *new peak*
#1: STAY - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber (-) [5th week at #1] {13 weeks}

Last Year's #1: Falling - Harry Styles [1/6 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: Meet Me At Our Spot - THE ANXIETY

Our one and only debut this week is our newest One to Watch...*sighs* Sueco with his song Paralyzed. Let me get one thing straight: I don't think this song is awful. The production's great, and the chorus is actually quite catchy. But this guy's voice... I simply can't stand it. Apparently he used to be called Sueco the Child, and he had a rap song called Fast, and I remember only hearing it once for one of Nick's Madnesses, and the only thing I remember about it is that his voice was awful. That fact shines here when he yells "so why do I HAAAYYte when you're walking away". This definitely isn't my favourite One to Watch, and I hope it doesn't stick around. (Also, fun fact: I've now officially had a One to Watch song in every tier).

Biggest Drop: Arcade - Duncan Laurence (-12): I like this song, but it's definitely been here for a while, so I'm okay that it's likely on its last week here.

Biggest Jump: justified - Kacey Musgraves, THATS WHAT I WANT - Lil Nas X, Who's In Your Head - Jonas Brothers, Need To Know - Doja Cat, Ghost - Justin Bieber & traitor - Olivia Rodrigo (+4): Wow, that's a lot of songs. I'm happy that all of these songs jumped, except for Need To Know. I really wish that TikTok didn't give this song a second chance, I don't like it.

Countdown Ranking

0 - Awful:
#30: Fancy Like - Walker Hayes
#29: Way 2 Sexy - Drake/Future/Young Thug
#28: Cold Heart (Remix) - Elton John/Dua Lipa/PNAU

1 - Bad:
#27: Need To Know - Doja Cat

2 - Mediocre:
#26: A-O-K - Tai Verdes/24kGoldn
#25: Sheesh! - Surfaces/Tai Verdes
#24: Summer of Love - Shawn Mendes/Tainy
#23: Paralyzed - Sueco

3 - Decent:
#22: You Right - Doja Cat/The Weeknd
#21: Leave Before You Love Me - Marshmello/Jonas Brothers
#20: People Watching - Conan Gray

4 - Good:
#19: I am not a woman, I'm a god - Halsey
#18: Who's In Your Head - Jonas Brothers
#17: everything sucks - vaultboy
#16: Arcade - Duncan Laurence
#15: Beggin' - Måneskin

5 - Great:
#14: Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran
#13: traitor - Olivia Rodrigo
#12: justified - Kacey Musgraves
#11: Take My Breath - The Weeknd
#10: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo
#9: Happier Than Ever - Billie Eilish
#8: Love Again - Dua Lipa
#7: INDUSTRY BABY - Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow
#6: @ my worst - blackbear
#5: Shivers - Ed Sheeran
#4: Saturday - Twenty One Pilots
#3: STAY - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber
#2: Ghost - Justin Bieber
#1: THATS WHAT I WANT - Lil Nas X

Overall Score: 108/150 = 72%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: STAY - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber {13 weeks}
#4: Arcade - Duncan Laurence {14 weeks}
#3: You Right - Doja Cat/The Weeknd & Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran {15 weeks}
#2: A-O-K - Tai Verdes/24kGoldn {18 weeks}
#1: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo & Leave Before You Love Me - Marshmello/Jonas Brothers {20 weeks}

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: The Walls Are Way Too Thin - Holly Humberstone

My Favourite Song Last Year: Lose Somebody - Kygo/OneRepublic

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: Moral of the Story - Ashe/Niall Horan

Most Missed Countdown Song: Carry On - fun.

Hit-Bound
24/5 - Mimi Webb [2]
Hurricane - Cheat Codes/Grey/Tyson Ritter [2]
Don't Be Shy - Tiësto/KAROL G [3]
Last One Standing - Skylar Grey/Polo G/Mozzy/Eminem [1]
Alone - Trevor Daniel [3]
Reckless - Madison Beer [8]
Get Into It (Yuh) - Doja Cat [3]
Meet Me At Our Spot - THE ANXIETY [3]
love nwantiti (ah ah ah) - CKay [2]
MAMMAMIA - Måneskin [1]
edamame - bbno$/Rich Brian [3]
Love Back - Why Don't We [1]
Angel Baby - Troye Sivan [5]
i hope ur miserable until ur dead - Nessa Barrett [6]
One Day - Monsta X [5]

Our first Hit-Bound debut is a song that I was actually quite hoping would make it on here, and I'm very happy that it is, Last One Standing by Skylar Grey, Polo G, Mozzy and Eminem. Skylar Grey's hook here is really great, and she sounds amazing here. Every rapper does great here, but DAMN, Polo G completely destroys it here. This is easily the best thing I've ever heard from him, and is honestly one of the best rap verses I've heard all year, if not the best. The production is great here, although I'm not a huge fan of how it switches up during Eminem's verse, and I think it should've stayed relatively close to how it was during Polo G's verse, I think it would've fit Marshall's voice better. Ah, well, this is still a fantastic song, and that part might grow on me.

EuroVision winners Måneskin bring their second song to Hits 1 this week after their Beggin' cover. This new song's called MAMMAMIA, and it's pretty good. I think Damiano David sounds pretty good here, and I like the production, even if it is awfully close to one of their previous songs, I WANNA BE YOUR SLAVE. Not much else to say about this, but I'd be alright if it was a hit.

Why Don't We return for the first time since the amazing Fallin' from last year (oh, wait... Lotus Inn exists. Wow, there's been way too many Hit-Bound Dropouts this year) with their brand-new song, Love Back. While I don't think this is quite as good as Fallin', I still really love this song. All the guys sound great here, the song's super catchy, and the... drop, I guess you could call it, is great. I'm glad these guys have started to take more control of their music, because their new stuff has been quite good.

We lost three Hit-Bound songs this week, Record Player, For Tonight and My Universe. For Record Player, I never expected it to debut, so I'm not necessarily disappointed, but I am sad. As for For Tonight and My Universe, both are actually becoming pop hits and find themselves in the "abyss", so they're not gone.

Also, Alone has really faded on me.

Best Hit-Bound Debut: Last One Standing - Skylar Grey/Polo G/Mozzy/Eminem

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Awful:
NONE!

1 - Bad:
#15: Get Into It (Yuh) - Doja Cat

2 - Mediocre:
#14: Don't Be Shy - Tiësto/KAROL G
#13: Reckless - Madison Beer
#12: Alone - Trevor Daniel

3 - Decent:
#11: love nwantiti (ah ah ah) - CKay
#10: Angel Baby - Troye Sivan

4 - Good:
#9: Hurricane - Cheat Codes/Grey/Tyson Ritter
#8: Meet Me At Our Spot - THE ANXIETY
#7: MAMMAMIA - Måneskin
#6: edamame - bbno$/Rich Brian

5 - Great:
#5: One Day - Monsta X
#4: 24/5 - Mimi Webb
#3: Love Back - Why Don't We
#2: Last One Standing - Skylar Grey/Polo G/Mozzy/Eminem
#1: i hope ur miserable until ur dead - Nessa Barrett

Overall Score: 54/75 = 72%

You Got Me Blurb-alyzed

Our only exit this week was I GUESS I'M IN LOVE, which makes me really sad, because I really liked that song, and I was hoping that it was starting to become a hit here. I hope it comes back, but it probably won't.

I am not a woman is in the bottom 5, which I didn't really expect when it was first released, but it's kind of forgettable, so it doesn't disappoint me that it's flopping.

Yaaaaay, Happier Than Ever jumped to a new peak! I hope this sticks around and becomes a hit.

I'm pretty surprised that good 4 u is still here, but I guess I'm not disappointed, as it's still a great song, and this probably means it'll be #1 of the year.

@ my worst jumped into the top 15, which I'm happy about. I admittedly kinda forgot that it was here, though.

How come INDUSTRY BABY didn't jump at all this week? It's been gaining in airplay a lot, and it's a pretty big hit now.

NO! Why is Fancy Like all the way up at #6? This CANNOT make it into the top 5.

Speaking of our top 5, it's been the exact same five songs for three straight weeks. They're all great songs, so I'm not really complaining, and they're blocking some pretty awful songs from being in the top 5, but it would be nice for traitor or INDUSTRY BABY to take a spot up there.

However, Saturday is up to #2, which is amazing, considering tøp hasn't been that high in a while. I'd love to see this song hit #1 either next week or the week after that.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#1: My Universe - Coldplay/BTS
#2: STAY - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber
#3: INDUSTRY BABY - Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow
#4: Way 2 Sexy - Drake/Future/Young Thug
#5: Fancy Like - Walker Hayes
#6: Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran
#7: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo
#8: Kiss Me More - Doja Cat/SZA
#10: Levitating - Dua Lipa
#11: Essence - WizKid/Justin Bieber/Tems
#12: Save Your Tears (Remix) - The Weeknd/Ariana Grande
#13: MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - Lil Nas X
#14: Shivers - Ed Sheeran
#15: Heat Waves - Glass Animals
#16: Need To Know - Doja Cat
#17: Girls Want Girls - Drake/Lil Baby
#18: You Right - Doja Cat/The Weeknd
#19: Beggin' - Måneskin
#22: Take My Breath - The Weeknd
#24: THATS WHAT I WANT - Lil Nas X
#25: traitor - Olivia Rodrigo
#30: deja vu - Olivia Rodrigo
#31: Happier Than Ever - Billie Eilish
#33: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic
#34: Hurricane - Kanye West/The Weeknd/Lil Baby
#35: A-O-K - Tai Verdes
#36: Butter - BTS
#39: Leave Before You Love Me - Marshmello/Jonas Brothers
#41: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon
#44: Late At Night - Roddy Ricch
#46: Cold Heart (Remix) - Elton John/Dua Lipa/PNAU
#47: Meet Me At Our Spot - THE ANXIETY
#50: love nwantiti (ah ah ah) - CKay
#51: Wild Side - Normani/Cardi B
#57: Love Again - Dua Lipa
#73: Thot S*** - Megan Thee Stallion
#74: Rumors - Lizzo/Cardi B
#75: Woman - Doja Cat
#79: Memory - Kane Brown/blackbear
#91: For Tonight - Giveon
#93: Summer of Love - Shawn Mendes/Tainy
#94: Get Into It (Yuh) - Doja Cat

Top 10 on the Hunger Games Countdown
#10: Permission to Dance - BTS
#9: Dinero - Trinidad Cardona
#8: Get Into It (Yuh) - Doja Cat
#7: F***BOY - Dixie
#6: NDA - Billie Eilish
#5: Way Less Sad - AJR
#4: jump - Against The Current
#3: Don't Go Yet - Camila Cabello
#2: Sucks Being Sober - Annika Wells
#1: til the end of time - almost monday

Top 10 If the Countdown Made Sense
#10: A-O-K - Tai Verdes/24kGoldn
#9: Love Again - Dua Lipa
#8: traitor - Olivia Rodrigo
#7: Take My Breath - The Weeknd
#6: You Right - Doja Cat/The Weeknd
#5: Beggin' - Måneskin
#4: INDUSTRY BABY - Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow
#3: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo
#2: Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran
#1: STAY - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all in the next one.

50 comments:

  1. Top 10 Most Added Songs on Pop Radio This Week:
    #1: Meet Me At Our Spot - THE ANXIETY (33 adds)
    #2: Boyz - Jesy Nelson/Nicki Minaj (32 adds)
    #3: Cold Heart (Remix) - Elton John/Dua Lipa/PNAU (24 adds)
    #4: Chosen - Blxst/Tyga/Ty Dolla $ign (22 adds)
    #4: My Universe - Coldplay/BTS (22 adds)
    #6: For Tonight - Giveon (20 adds)
    #7: Have Mercy - Chlöe (17 adds)
    #8: THATS WHAT I WANT - Lil Nas X (16 adds)
    #9: Alone - Trevor Daniel (13 adds)
    #10: i hope ur miserable until ur dead - Nessa Barrett (11 adds)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    39: Wildest Dreams
    32: Love Tonight
    25: love nwantiti
    24: Meet Me At Our Spot
    24: My Universe
    18: For Tonight
    14: I Feel Good
    11: HIT IT
    5: Hurricane
    1: MAMMAMIA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What hurricane 🌀? There are 2 songs on hitbound with that name

      Delete
    2. Both Hurricanes now have spins. I heard Kanye’s Hurricane earlier on Hits 1

      Delete
    3. AND FANCY LIKE IS AT #6 WOOHOO GOOD FOR WALKER HAYES

      Delete
    4. Cheat Codes' Hurricane. I don't include Kanye's, as it didn't leave off of Hit-Bound.

      Delete
    5. Hurricane by CC and KW is good, but i like CC better, becuase of Tyson Ritter.

      Delete
  3. Hitbound: Boyz, Prada, Inferno all might debut

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    37: Wildest Dreams
    36: love nwantiti
    31: Love Tonight
    25: Meet Me At Our Spot
    25: My Universe
    18: For Tonight
    15: I Feel Good
    11: HIT IT
    10: Hurricane (CC)
    1: MAMMAMIA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    49: love nwantiti
    37: Wildest Dreams
    29: Meet Me At Our Spot
    29: My Universe
    28: Love Tonight
    17: For Tonight
    15: Hurricane (CC)
    12: HIT IT
    7: Easy On Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. anyone remember sweater weather from 2013? it got a spin just now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s been getting spins all week. I love it.

      Delete
    2. NO THAT IS OLD I WANT THE WEEKEND BY 88RISING AND BIBI ON HITS 1

      Delete
  7. money entered and chasing stars re-entered let's gooooooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hit-Bound

    Monsta X - One Day
    Adele - Easy On Me (DEBUT)
    Trevor Daniel - Alone
    Dixie D'Amelio - The Real Thing (DEBUT)
    LISA - MONEY (DEBUT)
    Alesso/Marshmello/James Bay - Chasing Stars (RE-ENTRY)
    Skylar Grey/Polo G/Mozzy/Eminem - Last One Standing
    Halsey - Darling (DEBUT)
    Ckay - Love Nwantiti
    Maneskin - Mammamia
    Sueco - Paralyzed
    Why Don't We - Love Back
    The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot
    Nessa Barrett - I Hope Ur Miserable Until Ur Dead
    Justus Bennetts - Bad Day (DEBUT)
    AURORA - Giving In To The Love (DEBUT)

    Possible Debuts/Exits

    Mimi Webb - 24/5
    Cheat Codes/Grey/Tyson Ritter - Hurricane
    Tiesto/Karol G - Don't Be Shy
    Madison Beer - Reckless
    Troye Sivan - Angel Baby
    Bbno$/Rich Brian - Edamame
    Doja Cat - Get Into It (Yuh)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not a woman, I'm a god and everything sucks isn't getting airplay, so it will leave this week, along with Arcade. Also i'm sad to see 24/5, DBS, Reckless, AB, and GII(Y) go, but even though Edamame is good, i'm not sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. edamame is such a horrible song and very fudging cracking bad

      Delete
  10. And Hurricane might debut so as For Tonight, and Wildest Dreams. But Why didn't love nwantiti debut?! It's getting lots of airplay, so why?! It doesn't make sense! Thanks, Hits 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think love nwantiti is gonna debut and do a Sunday best

      Delete
    2. Love Back might leave HitBound and NOT DEBUT THE COUNTDOWN AND LET MAMMAMIA DEBUT

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Exits:
    Happier Than Ever
    Arcade
    People Watching
    everything s*cks
    I am not a woman, I'm a god

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beluga, sorry to tell you this, but
    COLD HEART IS NUMBER 2

    ReplyDelete
  14. Also people this week be like "I can't believe the number one most streamed song is not Butter"

    ReplyDelete
  15. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: 88rising & BIBI - The Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  16. Industry Baby is Number 3! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  17. And the song will do what it's title is called at Number One.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Number One Song Last Year: Falling (sorry Waffle)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Replies
    1. And Love Boy has no airplay so it will leave HitBound and not debut MAMMAMIA has the most airplay to debut

      Delete
  20. Beluga Here is the full countdown if you were wondering!!!!
    Last Week's #1: STAY
    30. For Tonight
    29. justified
    28. Way 2 Sexy
    27. My Universe
    26. LBYLM
    25. Memory
    24. good 4 u
    23. love nwantiti (ah ah ah)
    22. Paralyzed
    21. Sheesh!
    20. MMAOS
    19. WIYH
    18. NTK
    17. SOL
    16. @ my worst
    Countdown Extra: Love Back
    15. Ghost
    14. TWIW
    13. Bad Habits
    12. You Right
    11. Beggin'
    10. A-O-K (Remix)
    9. Fancy Like
    8. traitor
    7. Love Again
    6. Shivers
    5. TMB
    4. Saturday
    3. INDUSTRY BABY
    2. Cold Heart (Pnau Remix)
    Last Year's #1: Falling
    1. STAY (6th Week @ #1)

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)