Sunday, October 3, 2021

Week of October 2, 2021 - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber (4)

Well, we had yet another extremely eventful week this week, with yet another five entrants. We didn't have nearly as many Hit-Bound entrants, though, which is fine, because it makes my job easier, haha. Anyways, here are the exits for this week.

Songs We're Saying Goodbye To
Essence - WizKid/Justin Bieber/Tems (#30) [#26] {3 weeks} [x2]
Rumors - Lizzo/Cardi B (#24) [#20] {6 weeks}
You - Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae (#23) [#4] {23 weeks}
Don't Go Yet - Camila Cabello (#18) [#10] {9 weeks}
Memory - Kane Brown/blackbear (#13) [#13] {10 weeks}

Last Week's #1: STAY - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber (3)

#30: Way 2 Sexy - Drake/Future/Young Thug (RE-ENTRY) [#30] {2 weeks}
#29: justified - Kacey Musgraves (-) [#29] {2 weeks}
#28: THATS WHAT I WANT - Lil Nas X (DEBUT) [2 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#27: Who's In Your Head - Jonas Brothers (-1) [#26] {2 weeks}
#26: Sheesh! - Surfaces/Tai Verdes (+2) [#26] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#25: Happier Than Ever - Billie Eilish (-) [#25] {7 weeks}
#24: Need To Know - Doja Cat (-3) [#21] {5 weeks}
#23: I GUESS I'M IN LOVE - Clinton Kane (+4) [#23] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#22: I am not a woman, I'm a god - Halsey (-) [#22] {6 weeks}
#21: Ghost - Justin Bieber (DEBUT) [3 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#20: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo (-3) [9 weeks at #1] {19 weeks}
#19: People Watching - Conan Gray (RE-ENTRY) [#17] {9 weeks}
#18: Beggin' - Måneskin (+1) [#8] {8 weeks}
#17: everything sucks - vaultboy (-2) [#15] {7 weeks}
#16: @ my worst - blackbear (-) [#16] {6 weeks}
#15: Arcade - Duncan Laurence (-5) [#10] {13 weeks}
#14: Leave Before You Love Me - Marshmello/Jonas Brothers (-8) [#2] {19 weeks}
#13: traitor - Olivia Rodrigo (-2) [#8] {5 weeks}
#12: INDUSTRY BABY - Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow (-) [#7] {9 weeks}
#11: Shivers - Ed Sheeran (DEBUT) [2 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#10: A-O-K - Tai Verdes/24kGoldn (-1) [#7] {17 weeks}
#9: Summer of Love - Shawn Mendes/Tainy (+11) [#9] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#8: You Right - Doja Cat/The Weeknd (-1) [#7] {14 weeks}
#7: Fancy Like - Walker Hayes (+1) [#7] {8 weeks} *new peak*
#6: Cold Heart (Remix) - Elton John/Dua Lipa/PNAU (+8) [#6] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#5: Take My Breath - The Weeknd (-) [#5] {8 weeks}
#4: Saturday - Twenty One Pilots (-) [#4] {11 weeks}
#3: Love Again - Dua Lipa (-) [#3] {11 weeks}
#2: Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran (-) [5 weeks at #1] {14 weeks}
#1: STAY - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber (-) [4th week at #1] {12 weeks}

Last Year's #1: Come & Go - Juice WRLD/Marshmello [1/1 week at #1]

Countdown Extra: edamame - bbno$/Rich Brian

Before I get into our three debuts this week, two exits from last week came back, Way 2 Sexy at #30 and People Watching at #19. For the former, it's pretty bad, so I'm not too thrilled that it's back, and for the latter, honestly, I didn't even realize that it re-entered right away, that's how forgettable it is.

Our first debut comes from Lil Nas X, and his newest single from his debut album, MONTERO, THATS WHAT I WANT at #28. I love this song, and I'm so happy that it's here. It's so catchy, Lil Nas X sounds great throughout, and the upbeat production is amazing and fits the song so well. On top of that, the writing's really good too. Lil Nas X has proven to me time and time again that he's a force to be reckoned with, and I'm extremely excited for the rest of his career. I hope this is a hit.

Our next two debuts are coming out of the Hits 1 "abyss" this week, with the first one being Ghost by Justin Bieber! It comes in at a pretty high #21 this week, which makes me very happy, because this song is nothing short of amazing. It's probably my favourite single from Justice so far. The song's a little slower, and the evolving production compliments it so well. In addition, Justin Bieber delivers one of the best vocal performances I've ever heard from him. This song is great, I'm so happy it's here, and I hope it does well here.

This last song comes in with the highest debut we've had yet this year, all the way up at #11. It's Shivers by Ed Sheeran, also coming out of the "abyss" after dropping out of Hit-Bound last week. I'm a little unsure how it gained that much momentum, but I'm all for it. This is easily my favourite single from = so far, and it also just so happens to be the most upbeat one. The chorus is extremely catchy, Ed's vocal performance is great, and the strings throughout the song are the highlight of the entire song. Overall, this is just a fantastic song that definitely deserves to be huge. Great batch of debuts this week.

Best Debut: Ghost - Justin Bieber

Biggest Drop: Leave Before You Love Me - Marshmello/Jonas Brothers (-8): I'm not surprised at all, it really felt like this song was just holding on to that top 10 spot last week. I'm alright with this leaving too, as it faded on me a lot.

Biggest Jump: Summer of Love - Shawn Mendes/Tainy (+11): Ok, whatever. I honestly kinda thought this would flop, so I'm a little surprised that this is all the way up at #9, but I don't really care, as I'm not too invested in this song's run here.

Countdown Ranking

0 - Awful:
#30: Fancy Like - Walker Hayes
#29: Way 2 Sexy - Drake/Future/Young Thug
#28: Cold Heart (Remix) - Elton John/Dua Lipa/PNAU

1 - Bad:
#27: Need To Know - Doja Cat

2 - Mediocre:
#26: A-O-K - Tai Verdes/24kGoldn
#25: Summer of Love - Shawn Mendes
#24: Sheesh! - Surfaces/Tai Verdes

3 - Decent:
#23: You Right - Doja Cat/The Weeknd
#22: Leave Before You Love Me - Marshmello/Jonas Brothers
#21: People Watching - Conan Gray

4 - Good:
#20: I am not a woman, I'm a god - Halsey
#19: everything sucks - vaultboy
#18: Arcade - Duncan Laurence
#17: Who's In Your Head - Jonas Brothers
#16: Beggin' - Måneskin

5 - Great:
#15: Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran
#14: justified - Kacey Musgraves
#13: INDUSTRY BABY - Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow
#12: Happier Than Ever - Billie Eilish
#11: traitor - Olivia Rodrigo
#10: I GUESS I'M IN LOVE - Clinton Kane
#9: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo
#8: Take My Breath - The Weeknd
#7: Love Again - Dua Lipa
#6: @ my worst - blackbear
#5: Shivers - Ed Sheeran
#4: Saturday - Twenty One Pilots
#3: STAY - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber
#2: THATS WHAT I WANT - Lil Nas X
#1: Ghost - Justin Bieber

Overall Score: 111/150 = 74%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: STAY - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber {12 weeks}
#4: Arcade - Duncan Laurence {13 weeks}
#3: You Right - Doja Cat/The Weeknd & Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran {14 weeks}
#2: A-O-K - Tai Verdes/24kGoldn {17 weeks}
#1: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo & Leave Before You Love Me - Marshmello/Jonas Brothers {19 weeks}

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: The Walls Are Way Too Thin - Holly Humberstone

My Favourite Song Last Year: Lose Somebody - Kygo/OneRepublic

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: Moral of the Story - Ashe/Niall Horan

Most Missed Countdown Song: Outside - Calvin Harris/Ellie Goulding

Hit-Bound
Angel Baby - Troye Sivan [4]
Paralyzed - Sueco [3]
One Day - Monsta X [4]
love nwantiti (ah ah ah) - CKay [1]
Don't Be Shy - Tiësto/KAROL G [2]
Record Player - Daisy the Great/AJR [4]
For Tonight - Giveon [2]
Hurricane - Cheat Codes/Grey/Tyson Ritter [1]
edamame - bbno$/Rich Brian [2]
i hope ur miserable until ur dead - Nessa Barrett [5]
Meet Me At Our Spot - THE ANXIETY [2]
Reckless - Madison Beer [7]
Alone - Trevor Daniel [2]
24/5 - Mimi Webb [1]
Get Into It (Yuh) - Doja Cat [2]
My Universe - Coldplay/BTS [2]

Kicking off our Hit-Bound debuts this week, we have a new artist, CKay and his TikTok song, love nwantiti (ah ah ah). This song's alright. I'm not a huge fan of CKay's voice, as it's drenched in autotune, but I think the production here's kinda cool, and the song as a whole is pretty fun and chill. I'd be fine with this sticking around for a bit.

Next up, we have the second song called Hurricane from the past month, except this one's by Cheat Codes, Grey and Tyson Ritter. This song's actually quite good. Personally, I like Kanye's Hurricane more, but this is still enjoyable. I like the bigger production from Cheat Codes and Grey, and Tyson Ritter kinda sounds like Louis Tomlinson here. Not sure if that's just me, but when I first heard it, I definitely thought it was a Louis Tomlinson song. Anyways, I'd be alright if this debuted.

Wow, Mimi Webb is two-for-two with great, sad, upbeat songs. This new song's called 24/5 (don't really get why it's 24/5 instead of 24/7, but whatever). While I don't necessarily think this is as good as Good Without, it's still a very good song. Mimi Webb sounds incredible here, and it's pretty catchy. Also, the melodies in the bridge are great. Overall, this is a very good song, and I'd love to see it become Mimi Webb's first song to debut the Weekend Countdown.

As for dropouts, we say goodbye to Love Tonight and I Feel Good. Love Tonight is awful, and it already debuted the Countdown, so I'm happy that it's gone. As for I Feel Good, it currently finds itself in the "abyss", so it might debut.

Best Hit-Bound Debut: 24/5 - Mimi Webb

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Awful:
NONE!

1 - Bad:
NONE!

2 - Mediocre:
#16: Get Into It (Yuh) - Doja Cat
#15: Don't Be Shy - Tiësto/KAROL G
#14: Reckless - Madison Beer
#13: Paralyzed - Sueco

3 - Decent:
#12: love nwantiti (ah ah ah) - CKay
#11: Angel Baby - Troye Sivan

4 - Good:
#10: Meet Me At Our Spot - THE ANXIETY
#9: Alone - Trevor Daniel
#8: edamame - bbno$/Rich Brian
#7: Hurricane - Cheat Codes/Grey/Tyson Ritter

5 - Great:
#6: One Day - Monsta X
#5: My Universe - Coldplay/BTS
#4: 24/5 - Mimi Webb
#3: Record Player - Daisy the Great/AJR
#2: For Tonight - Giveon
#1: i hope ur miserable until ur dead - Nessa Barrett

Overall Score: 60/80 = 75%

'Cause If I Can't Be Close to You, I'll Settle for the Blurb of You

Our five exits this week were: Essence, Rumors, You, Don't Go Yet and Memory. I didn't think Essence would last that long on its second run, but this is kinda hilarious. Rumors was totally robbed and should've been so much bigger than it was, and I'm really sad that it's gone already. You was kinda old and never that good, so I don't care that it's gone. Don't Go Yet was good, but pretty forgettable, and same with Memory.

I GUESS I'M IN LOVE got a pretty good jump this week, which is nice. I believe it's now Clinton Kane's biggest song here, which is great.

I'm honestly pretty surprised that good 4 u's still here, but I'm not about to complain, as it would make a pretty good #1 song of 2021.

Arcade seems to be on its way out, which is okay.

Could somebody explain to me why traitor keeps dropping? I seriously don't get it.

Ugh, Fancy Like jumped another spot this week.

So for some reason, after getting a ridiculously high #14 debut last week, Cold Heart jumps all the way up to #6 this week. Um... this didn't need to happen.

I'm happy that Saturday's in the top 5, but I'd be alright if it dethroned STAY.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#1: STAY - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber
#2: INDUSTRY BABY - Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow
#3: Way 2 Sexy - Drake/Future/Young Thug
#4: Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran
#5: Fancy Like - Walker Hayes
#6: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo
#7: Kiss Me More - Doja Cat/SZA
#9: MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - Lil Nas X
#10: THATS WHAT I WANT - Lil Nas X
#11: Levitating - Dua Lipa
#12: Save Your Tears (Remix) - The Weeknd/Ariana Grande
#13: Girls Want Girls - Drake/Lil Baby
#14: Essence - WizKid/Justin Bieber/Tems
#16: Heat Waves - Glass Animals
#17: Shivers - Ed Sheeran
#18: Need To Know - Doja Cat
#19: You Right - Doja Cat/The Weeknd
#20: Beggin' - Måneskin
#21: Take My Breath - The Weeknd
#23: deja vu - Olivia Rodrigo
#24: Butter - BTS
#25: traitor - Olivia Rodrigo
#26: Leave Before You Love Me - Marshmello/Jonas Brothers
#28: Happier Than Ever - Billie Eilish
#31: Hurricane - Kanye West/The Weeknd/Lil Baby
#33: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic
#36: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon
#39: A-O-K - Tai Verdes
#41: Arcade - Duncan Laurence
#44: Meet Me At Our Spot - THE ANXIETY
#45: Late At Night - Roddy Ricch
#46: Rumors - Lizzo/Cardi B
#49: Thot S*** - Megan Thee Stallion
#51: Love Again - Dua Lipa
#52: Wild Side - Normani/Cardi B
#62: Woman - Doja Cat
#73: Memory - Kane Brown/blackbear
#74: Cold Heart (Remix) - Elton John/Dua Lipa/PNAU
#80: love nwantiti (ah ah ah) - CKay
#84: Get Into It (Yuh) - Doja Cat
#87: Summer of Love - Shawn Mendes/Tainy
#88: ONE OF ME - Lil Nas X/Elton John
#91: SUN GOES DOWN - Lil Nas X
#95: Skate - Silk Sonic
#100: Don't Go Yet - Camila Cabello

Top 10 on the Hunger Games Countdown
#10: NDA - Billie Eilish
#9: Skate - Silk Sonic
#8: Change My Clothes - Dream/Alec Benjamin
#7: Dinero - Trinidad Cardona
#6: My Universe - Coldplay/BTS
#5: Lifestyle - Jason Derulo/Adam Levine
#4: Girls Want Girls - Drake/Lil Baby
#3: Record Player - Daisy the Great/AJR
#2: Leave Before You Love Me - Marshmello/Jonas Brothers
#1: F***BOY - Dixie

Top 10 If the Countdown Made Sense
#10: A-O-K - Tai Verdes/24kGoldn
#9: traitor - Olivia Rodrigo
#8: Love Again - Dua Lipa
#7: Take My Breath - The Weeknd
#6: Beggin' - Måneskin
#5: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo
#4: You Right - Doja Cat/The Weeknd
#3: INDUSTRY BABY - Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow
#2: Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran
#1: STAY - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all in the next one.

49 comments:

  1. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    28: My Universe
    28: Love Tonight
    24: Paralyzed
    23: I Feel Good
    23: HIT IT
    7: Heartbreak Anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recommendations for Hits 1:
    girl in red - we fell in love in october
    Billie Eilish - Bored
    jikamarie - lutang
    Ewan McVicar - Tell Me Something Good
    Bee Gees & SG Lewis - More Than a Woman (SG's Paradise Edit)
    Jack Harlow/jetsonmade - I WANNA SEE SOME A**
    Megan Thee Stallion - Cognac Queen
    BENU - Lay It Down
    Doja Cat - Ain't Ish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone say #team(firstthreewordsofthesongslyricsthatisnumberoneonbillboard)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Say the first three words sung in one of your favorite songs on the countdown this week and we'll have to guess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    32: Love Tonight
    28: My Universe
    27: Paralyzed
    25: I Feel Good
    24: HIT IT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kanye’s Hurricane and Essence both got spins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. New (kinda) on Hits 1:
    Wildest Dreams (Taylor's Version)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Songs on Hits 1 playing again:
    Be Like That
    I Hope
    Senorita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    37: Love Tonight
    31: Paralyzed
    30: I Feel Good
    27: My Universe
    23: HIT IT
    2: Meet Me At Our Spot
    2: Wildest Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    38: Paralyzed
    36: Love Tonight
    29: I Feel Good
    26: My Universe
    21: HIT IT
    12: Wildest Dreams
    5: For Tonight
    4: Meet Me At Our Spot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    46: Paralyzed
    35: Love Tonight
    25: My Universe
    25: I Feel Good
    19: HIT IT
    14: Wildest Dreams
    10: For Tonight
    8: Meet Me At Our Spot

    ReplyDelete
  12. Guess the hits 1 to watch from first three words
    1. She got a
    2. It's a new
    3. Baby I'm not
    Can u guess them

    ReplyDelete
  13. New on Hits 1: MAMMAMIA - Måneskin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why is love nwantiti (ah ah ah) playing...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Part two of one to watch
    1. I've been (first half of title)
    2. I (title)
    3. Early in the
    4. Old man hindsight
    How many can you guess

    ReplyDelete
  16. Recommendations for Hits 1:
    Don Toliver/Travis Scott - Flocky Flocky
    The Walters - I Love You So
    Doja Cat - Ain't Ish
    Kanye West/Baby Keem/Travis Scott - Praise God
    Bee Gees/SG Lewis - More Than a Woman (SG's Paradise Edit)
    RH Music & Eduardo Luzquiños - Desperado Slowed (Remix)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    55: Paralyzed
    35: Love Tonight
    24: My Universe
    24: I Feel Good
    19: HIT IT
    19: Wildest Dreams
    13: For Tonight
    10: Meet Me At Our Spot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, all! I'll be away again this weekend, coming back on Monday, and I'll need somebody to do HBSC tomorrow. Just use this link:

      https://www.allaccess.com/mediabase/q/report/playlist/station/S001-FM

      and find the Hit-Bound songs and write down their spins (don't worry about subtracting spins from the Countdown, Hit-Bound, or the Goldn Hour, I can do that later). After that, use this link:

      https://xmplaylist.com/station/siriusxmhits1/most-heard?subDays=7

      and write down the remaining songs that weren't on AllAccess. Thanks in advance!

      Delete
  18. Hey just curious. How do you get into mediabase to see the spin counts? I wanna create an account so that I don’t have to use. XMplaylist since they miss counts on Hitbound songs a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you can unless you're in the music industry, but if you go to allaccess.com, you can sign up, and it uses the mediabase charts.

      Delete
  19. Hey,
    THANK YOU for continuing this blog. I visited a few years back and it helped me (a dj) make my Top 40 mix. Its time to record another one and I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking some songs in the Top 40 aren't that good (Summer of Love). I disagree with the Cold Heart though it's mediocre not awful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Replies
    1. Record player is for sure a dropout, and My universe and For tonight are in the abyss.

      Delete
  21. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    35: Wildest Dreams
    24: My Universe
    20: Meet Me At Our Spot
    18: I Feel Good
    17: For Tonight
    13: HIT IT
    5: love nwantiti
    5: Like My Father
    1: MAMMAMIA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like My Father is Hits 1 Verified because Jax hosted it

      Delete
    2. Love tonight also has some spins. It says 32 on XMplaylist but of course I’m not sure if that’s accurate with the way you calculate the spin counts.

      Delete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)