Saturday, September 18, 2021

Week of September 18, 2021 - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber (2)

Hey, everyone! We had a pretty boring week here, and I don't really have much to talk about. Although, we got eight Hit-Bound entrants without a single song from Hit-Bound last week moving onto the Countdown, so... I bet you can guess where all those songs went (well, minus Hurricane and I am not a woman, which both pulled Sunday Bests last week).

Song We're Saying Goodbye To
90s Kids - Jax (#17) [#12] {17 weeks}

Last Week's #1: STAY - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber (1)

#30: Way 2 Sexy - Drake/Future/Young Thug (DEBUT) [0 weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#29: I GUESS I'M IN LOVE - Clinton Kane (-1) [#28] {2 weeks}
#28: Hurricane - Kanye West (+2) [#28] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#27: Love Tonight - Shouse (+2) [#27] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#26: Happier Than Ever - Billie Eilish (-1) [#25] {5 weeks}
#25: Need To Know - Doja Cat (+1) [#25] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#24: I am not a woman, I'm a god - Halsey (+3) [#24] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#23: Rumors - Lizzo/Cardi B (+1) [#20] {5 weeks}
#22: Summer of Love - Shawn Mendes/Tainy (-1) [#21] {4 weeks}
#21: @ my worst - blackbear (+1) [#21] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#20: People Watching - Conan Gray (-2) [#17] {8 weeks}
#19: everything sucks - vaultboy (+4) [#19] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#18: Memory - Kane Brown/blackbear (-2) [#15] {9 weeks}
#17: Skate - Silk Sonic (+2) [#12] {7 weeks}
#16: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo (-3) [9 weeks at #1] {17 weeks}
#15: You - Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae (-6) [#4] {22 weeks}
#14: Fancy Like - Walker Hayes (-) [#14] {6 weeks}
#13: Don't Go Yet - Camila Cabello (+2) [#10] {8 weeks}
#12: Arcade - Duncan Laurence (-1) [#10] {11 weeks}
#11: You Right - Doja Cat/The Weeknd (-1) [#10] {12 weeks}
#10: Beggin' - Måneskin (-2) [#8] {6 weeks}
#9: INDUSTRY BABY - Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow (-2) [#7] {7 weeks}
#8: traitor - Olivia Rodrigo (+12) [#8] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#7: A-O-K - Tai Verdes (+5) [#7] {15 weeks} *new peak*
#6: Saturday - Twenty One Pilots (-) [#5] {9 weeks}
#5: Take My Breath - The Weeknd (-) [#5] {6 weeks}
#4: Leave Before You Love Me - Marshmello/Jonas Brothers (-) [#2] {17 weeks}
#3: Love Again - Dua Lipa (-) [#3] {9 weeks}
#2: Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran (-) [5 weeks at #1] {12 weeks}
#1: STAY - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber (-) [2nd week at #1] {10 weeks}

Last Year's #1: Moral of the Story - Ashe/Niall Horan [5/6 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: Record Player - Daisy the Great/AJR

I guess Hits 1 feels the need to have every Hot 100 #1 on Hits 1, so for that reason, Way 2 Sexy by Drake, Future and Young Thug debuts the Countdown at #30 this week. Remind me why this is the biggest song from Certified Lover Boy again? Basically, this is a song that samples Right Said Fred's I'm Too Sexy, an awful song from 1992, and puts a bad Future hook on top of it with a mediocre Future verse and a bad Young Thug verse there too. Oh, yeah, also Drake barely has a presence here, even though he's the lead artist on this song. Now, that being said, his verse is actually quite good, but it's not nearly enough to save the song from being awful. Also, this song is way too long for what it is. I hope this flops.

Biggest Drop: You - Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae (-6): Nice to see this moving out, as I think it's been here for just a tad too long. I haven't really gotten sick of it, but there are better songs that could be here instead.

Biggest Jump: traitor - Olivia Rodrigo (+12): Nice to see this all the way up at #8. I have no doubts that this will dethrone STAY for the #1 position in the coming weeks.

Countdown Ranking

0 - Awful:
#30: Fancy Like - Walker Hayes
#29: Love Tonight - Shouse
#28: Way 2 Sexy - Drake/Future/Young Thug

1 - Bad:
#27: A-O-K - Tai Verdes
#26: Need To Know - Doja Cat

2 - Mediocre:
#25: You - Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae
#24: Summer of Love - Shawn Mendes/Tainy

3 - Decent:
#23: You Right - Doja Cat/The Weeknd
#22: Leave Before You Love Me - Marshmello/Jonas Brothers
#21: People Watching - Conan Gray

4 - Good:
#20: I am not a woman, I'm a god - Halsey
#19: everything sucks - vaultboy
#18: Arcade - Duncan Laurence
#17: Happier Than Ever - Billie Eilish
#16: Don't Go Yet - Camila Cabello
#15: Memory - Kane Brown/blackbear
#14: Beggin' - Måneskin

5 - Great:
#13: Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran
#12: Skate - Silk Sonic
#11: I GUESS I'M IN LOVE - Clinton Kane
#10: traitor - Olivia Rodrigo
#9: Hurricane - Kanye West
#8: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo
#7: INDUSTRY BABY - Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow
#6: Rumors - Lizzo/Cardi B
#5: Take My Breath - The Weeknd
#4: @ my worst - blackbear
#3: Love Again - Dua Lipa
#2: Saturday - Twenty One Pilots
#1: STAY - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber

Overall Score: 108/150 = 72%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Arcade - Duncan Laurence {11 weeks}
#4: You Right - Doja Cat/The Weeknd & Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran {12 weeks}
#3: A-O-K - Tai Verdes {15 weeks}
#2: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo & Leave Before You Love Me - Marshmello/Jonas Brothers {17 weeks}
#1: You - Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae {22 weeks}

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: The Outside - Twenty One Pilots

My Favourite Song Last Year: Mood - 24kGoldn/iann dior

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: Moral of the Story - Ashe/Niall Horan

Most Missed Countdown Song: Like I Can - Sam Smith

Hit-Bound
Drive You Home - Jackson Wang/Internet Money [5]
Paralyzed - Sueco [1]
Another Song About Tequila - Tequila Mockingbrd [2]
THATS WHAT I WANT - Lil Nas X [1]
Woman - Doja Cat [1]
Angel Baby - Troye Sivan [2]
Steal My Love - Dan + Shay [1]
Shivers - Ed Sheeran [2]
ONE OF ME - Lil Nas X/Elton John [1]
Who's In Your Head - Jonas Brothers [1]
Record Player - Daisy the Great/AJR [2]
One Day - Monsta X [2]
Girls Want Girls - Drake/Lil Baby [3]
Reckless - Madison Beer [5]
Chasing Stars - Alesso/Marshmello/James Bay [2]
i hope ur miserable until ur dead - Nessa Barrett [3]

So, before we get into our six new Hit-Bound songs, we have two songs making their return to Hit-Bound this week, Another Song About Tequila and i hope ur miserable until ur dead. I'm happy that both of these songs are back, as Another Song About Tequila is decent, and only lasted a week, and i hope ur miserable is great, and deserves to debut.

Our first new song is by somebody named Sueco, with a song called Paralyzed. I would like this song if it wasn't for Sueco's voice. He really just doesn't sound good at all here. Even though I like the instrumentation, and the melodies are great, I can't really get over his voice. There's no way this is gonna debut.

So, Lil Nas X released his debut album, MONTERO yesterday, and, I'm gonna be honest, I've listened to it twice now, and I freaking love this album. Every track is incredible, honestly, there isn't a single miss here. He has some bops on it, some heavier songs, and even some rock-sounding songs. Tie that all together with Lil Nas X's great voice, and his unapologetically LGBTQ+ lyrics, and you just have one hell of an album. Some of the songs that stuck out for me were; DEAD RIGHT NOW, ONE OF ME (which I'll talk about more in a bit), LOST IN THE CITADEL, TALES OF DOMINICA, VOID, LIFE AFTER SALEM, AM I DREAMING, and this next Hit-Bound debut, THATS WHAT I WANT. This song's a banger and a half. The hook's extremely catchy, and the song's been stuck in my head all day. On top of that, there's some super fun production and Lil Nas X sounds great here. The song's just so upbeat, and it's great for radio. I'm super excited to see this song become the hit that it deserves to be.

Ugh, did we really need another Doja Cat song on Hits 1 (or on mainstream pop in general)? I'm getting a little sick of hearing Doja's stuff on the radio, and Woman really isn't much different. Yeah, I don't really like this song. I find the chorus really annoying, and she doesn't sound good in it. Now, I do really like her rapping verse, but it's not enough to save the song from being bad. I hope this is the last single from Planet Her, because I need a break from Doja Cat.

Well, Dan + Shay get their first song on Hits 1 since I Should Probably Go To Bed last Summer with Steal My Love this week. This is a fun little song. Both of the guys sound quite good here, and the plucky, happy, production fits the song really nicely. The chorus is nice and fun, and kind of catchy. I'm not entirely sure if I see this becoming a hit, but it's welcome here for now.

We have the second song from Lil Nas X's album debuting Hit-Bound this week next, ONE OF ME featuring Elton John. When I heard that Elton John had a feature on MONTERO, I didn't think that the song would be good at all, because, Lil Nas X and Elton John's voices probably wouldn't mesh very well together, but luckily, Elton doesn't sing in this song, he just contributes piano (pretty well, might I add). Anyways, this actually turned out to be my favourite from the album for the time being. For one thing, the writing is awesome. It's pretty much him singing from his haters' perspective, which is pretty cool. On top of that, it's got some darker production with an awesome beat, which fits the song really well. The chorus is really good, and Lil Nas X is singing in the range that suits his voice the best, so he sounds amazing throughout the song. I'd love to see this become a hit (even though I'm pretty sure it's not a single).

Finally, we have a new single from the Jonas Brothers called Who's In Your Head. I'm glad that we have another upbeat song from the JoBros, because although Leave Before You Love Me was good, it got boring after a bit. Now, I like this new song, but it feels very safe. It's essentially just a less interesting version of Sucker, similar to how most of their singles have been so far. I'd like to see something similar to Don't Throw it Away from their album Happiness Begins to be released as a single, because that song was kind of different, and it was really good. Anyways, this is still good, but I feel like it could be much better.

As for our Hit-Bound Dropouts, *sighs*, we have Cold Heart, Ghost, justified, Don't Go, Change My Clothes and Sheesh!. Cold Heart was never good, so I'm glad it's gone (even though it's definitely not gone). Ghost was amazing, so I hope it comes back sooner rather than later. justified was pretty good, and deserved more. I'm not disappointed about Don't Go, because it wasn't good. Change My Clothes was decent, and I actually would've liked to see it become a hit, and Sheesh! wasn't good, so I'm glad it's gone.

Best Hit-Bound Debut: ONE OF ME - Lil Nas X/Elton John

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Awful:
NONE!

1 - Bad:
#16: Woman - Doja Cat

2 - Mediocre:
#15: Girls Want Girls - Drake/Lil Baby
#14: Reckless - Madison Beer
#13: Paralyzed - Sueco

3 - Decent:
#12: Angel Baby - Troye Sivan
#11: Drive You Home - Jackson Wang/Internet Money
#10: Another Song About Tequila - Tequila Mockingbrd
#9: Chasing Stars - Alesso/Marshmello/James Bay

4 - Good:
#8: Steal My Love - Dan + Shay
#7: Who's In Your Head - Jonas Brothers

5 - Great:
#6: One Day - Monsta X
#5: Record Player - Daisy the Great/AJR
#4: i hope ur miserable until ur dead - Nessa Barrett
#3: THATS WHAT I WANT - Lil Nas X
#2: Shivers - Ed Sheeran
#1: ONE OF ME - Lil Nas X/Elton John

Overall Score: 57/80 = 71%

I'm Too Sexy for These Blurbs

We only lost one Countdown song this week, 90s Kids. This song was good, and it stayed here for a surprisingly long time, so I'm not about to complain about its run.

However, I am gonna complain that Love Tonight jumped. I mean, seriously. How is this still here?

I swear, every time I like a Billie Eilish song, it flops. Why can't Happier Than Ever jump just a bit?

Yeah, so I've decided that I don't like Need To Know. It's just so annoying, and I skip it nearly every time it comes on.

How in the world is Rumors still in the bottom 10? That makes absolutely no sense, even for Hits 1 standards.

Cool to see everything sucks getting a decent-sized jump this week. I wonder how long it'll stay here for.

Yes, I'm going to complain every single time that Fancy Like doesn't drop.

A-O-K got a big jump to #7, which I'm not too happy about. I almost like the song less now that the 24kGoldn remix is out, and Hits 1 is sticking with the original.

Wow, so many changes in the top 6.

I'm genuinely surprised that STAY managed to hold the #1 spot, but I'm more than happy about that, because this song is amazing and definitely deserves to be at #1.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#1: Way 2 Sexy - Drake/Future/Young Thug
#2: Girls Want Girls - Drake/Lil Baby
#6: STAY - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber
#13: Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran
#15: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo
#17: Butter - BTS
#19: Kiss Me More - Doja Cat/SZA
#20: INDUSTRY BABY - Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow
#21: Fancy Like - Walker Hayes
#23: Levitating - Dua Lipa
#28: Save Your Tears (Remix) - The Weeknd/Ariana Grande
#29: Hurricane - Kanye West
#30: MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - Lil Nas X
#31: deja vu - Olivia Rodrigo
#33: Heat Waves - Glass Animals
#34: Essence - WizKid/Justin Bieber/Tems
#36: You Right - Doja Cat/The Weeknd
#37: Take My Breath - The Weeknd
#38: Need To Know - Doja Cat
#39: Beggin' - Måneskin
#40: Leave Before You Love Me - Marshmello/Jonas Brothers
#42: Happier Than Ever - Billie Eilish
#46: Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic
#47: Peaches - Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon
#49: traitor - Olivia Rodrigo
#54: Arcade - Duncan Laurence
#55: Rumors - Lizzo/Cardi B
#57: Thot S*** - Megan Thee Stallion
#59: Late At Night - Roddy Ricch
#60: A-O-K - Tai Verdes
#67: Skate - Silk Sonic
#69: Love Again - Dua Lipa
#80: Woman - Doja Cat
#83: Wild Side - Normani/Cardi B
#86: Memory - Kane Brown/blackbear
#93: Don't Go Yet - Camila Cabello
#96: Summer of Love - Shawn Mendes/Tainy
#98: Motley Crew - Post Malone

Top 10 on the Hunger Games Countdown
#10: Say So - Masked Wolf
#9: til the end of time - almost monday
#8: In The Morning - Jennifer Lopez
#7: Sucks Being Sober - Annika Wells
#6: Girls Want Girls - Drake/Lil Baby
#5: 2Drunk - Nick Jonas
#4: F***BOY - Dixie
#3: Don't Go Yet - Camila Cabello
#2: everything sucks - vaultboy
#1: Lifestyle - Jason Derulo/Adam Levine

Top 10 If the Countdown Made Sense
#10: Beggin' - Måneskin
#9: Love Again - Dua Lipa
#8: INDUSTRY BABY - Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow
#7: Leave Before You Love Me - Marshmello/Jonas Brothers
#6: Arcade - Duncan Laurence
#5: Take My Breath - The Weeknd
#4: You Right - Doja Cat/The Weeknd
#3: Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran
#2: good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo
#1: STAY - The Kid LAROI/Justin Bieber

Kwaheri, everybody! See you all in the next one.

59 comments:

  1. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    33: Shivers
    32: t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l
    27: Heartbreak Anniversary
    25: Psycho
    18: Ghost
    18: Cold Heart
    15: HIT IT
    9: Essence
    8: Girls Want Girls
    3: ONE OF ME
    3: VOID
    2: THATS WHAT I WANT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got a survey!

    Hit-Bound Songs Included:
    Cold Heart (Remix) - Elton John/Dua Lipa/PNAU
    Essence - WizKid/Justin Bieber/Tems
    Ghost - Justin Bieber
    HIT IT - Black Eyed Peas/Saweetie/Lele Pons
    justified - Kacey Musgraves
    Psycho - Dixie/Rubi Rose
    Sheesh! - Surfaces/Tai Verdes
    Shivers - Ed Sheeran
    Who's In Your Head - Jonas Brothers

    Notable Absences:
    Arcade - Duncan Laurence
    Girls Want Girls - Drake/Lil Baby
    good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo
    Leave Before You Love Me - Marshmello/Jonas Brothers
    Love Tonight - Shouse
    Skate - Silk Sonic
    t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l - WILLOW/Travis Barker
    You - Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That changed quickly I guess we can add Sheesh! And Justified to the hits 1 abyss list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    34: t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l
    30: Shivers
    29: Heartbreak Anniversary
    26: Psycho
    18: Cold Heart
    18: HIT IT
    17: Ghost
    11: Essence
    9: Girls Want Girls
    4: ONE OF ME
    3: THATS WHAT I WANT
    3: VOID

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheesh! and Who’s in your head are getting a lot of spins. I heard them both this morning on Hits 1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    33: t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l
    29: Shivers
    27: Heartbreak Anniversary
    25: Psycho
    18: HIT IT
    18: Cold Heart
    17: Ghost
    13: Essence
    8: Sheesh!
    8: Who's In Your Head
    4: ONE OF ME
    3: THATS WHAT I WANT
    3: VOID
    2: justified

    ReplyDelete
  7. Top 10 Most Added Songs on Pop Radio This Week:
    #1: Who's In Your Head - Jonas Brothers (89 adds)
    #2: THATS WHAT I WANT - Lil Nas X (51 adds)
    #3: Ghost - Justin Bieber (44 adds)
    #4: Way 2 Sexy - Drake/Future/Young Thug (33 adds)
    #5: Fancy Like - Walker Hayes (28 adds)
    #6: Shivers - Ed Sheeran (27 adds)
    #7: Need To Know - Doja Cat (19 adds)
    #7: One Day - Monsta X (19 adds)
    #9: i hope ur miserable until ur dead - Nessa Barrett (14 adds)
    #10: justified - Kacey Musgraves (13 adds)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    30: Cold Heart
    29: Heartbreak Anniversary
    26: Psycho
    24: Shivers
    23: Who's In Your Head
    23: Sheesh!
    22: t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l
    21: HIT IT
    17: Essence
    11: justified
    5: Girls Want Girls
    4: ONE OF ME
    3: THATS WHAT I WANT
    3: VOID

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hit-Bound Spin Counts:
    38: Cold Heart
    36: Sheesh!
    35: Who's In Your Head
    26: Psycho
    26: Heartbreak Anniversary
    23: HIT IT
    22: Shivers
    17: justified
    17: Essence
    4: ONE OF ME
    4: Girls Want Girls
    3: THATS WHAT I WANT
    3: VOID

    ReplyDelete
  10. New on Hits 1 Coldplay/BTS-My Universe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literally the chorus has a similar melody to one of my Biggest Whiffs of 2021

      Delete
    2. Me: i kNoW iT sOuNdS sImIlAr tO hIgHeR! I can't unhear it as well

      Delete
    3. *I know it sounds similar to Higher!

      Delete
  11. Alone is mediocre. Nothing about this song grips me at all. It's also forgettable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My Universe is good. Love the production. Chris and the BTS members sound good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be fine if this becomes a hit.

      Delete
    2. MU WILL BECOME A HIT BECAUSE IT IS GAINING AIRPLAY AT POP & HOT AC RADIO

      Delete
  13. Get Into It (Yuh) is good. Doja sounds great here. My only issue is that the production is really strange.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alone
    My Universe
    Love Tonight
    Get Into It (Yuh)
    Most Wutchuwanted (Arcade)
    That's What I Want

    ReplyDelete
  15. After That's What I Want is i hope ur miserable until ur dead and its really good. Same with the former. Love Tonight is mediocre and I'd rather not have it re-enter the countdown.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would be happy if TWIW and ihumuud enter the countdown at some point in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  17. After ihumuud is edamame?! Really?! How did this piece of crap enter HitBound? None of the guys sound that good. Sure that, I like the production, but it's not enough to save the song from being bad. I'd also rather not have this debut the countdown.

    ReplyDelete
  18. After edamame, Cold Heart is Wutchuwanted.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great:
    ihumuud
    TWIW
    Good:
    GII (Y)
    MU
    Mediocre:
    Alone
    LT
    Bad:
    edamame

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great:
      Reckless




      That's all the HitBound for now, I'll finish tomorrow!

      Delete
  20. Meet Me At Our Spot is next. This song is a little boring, and the vocalists here sound decent. I'll be fine if this was a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  21. After Meet Me At Our Spot is I Feel Good. This is really good. Everyone here sounds great. The production also slaps. I would have it debut the countdown.

    ReplyDelete
  22. After IFG is Reckless. Madison sounds great, the production is great but a little boring. I would love to have this debut the countdown.

    ReplyDelete
  23. JUSTIFIED DEBUTS LETS GOOOOOO. PROBABLY THE BEST COUNTRY SONG THIS YEAR OR FANCY LIKE

    ReplyDelete
  24. SHEESH DEBUTS LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE DIS SO MUCH

    ReplyDelete
  25. Exits

    Way 2 Sexy (#30)
    Hurricane (#28)
    Shouse - Love Tonight (#27)
    People Watching (#20)

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)