Monday, June 15, 2020

Week of June 13, 2020 - Lewis Capaldi (1)

Lewis Capaldi (1)

Um… sorry, excuse me, what?

Songs We’re Saying Goodbye To
CITY OF ANGELS - 24kGoldn (#26) [#26] {5 weeks} [x2]
RITMO - Black Eyed Peas/J Balvin (#25) [#25] {8 weeks}
Ride It - Regard (#22) [#22] {6 weeks}
If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels (#15) [#10] {16 weeks}
I Love Me - Demi Lovato (#10) [#7] {13 weeks}

Last Week’s #1: No Judgement - Niall Horan (1)

#30: In Your Eyes - The Weeknd (-16) [#10] {8 weeks}
#29: Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey (DEBUT) [7* weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#28: Heartless - Diplo/Julia Michaels/Morgan Wallen (+2) [#28] {2 weeks} *new peak*
#27: Savage - Megan Thee Stallion (DEBUT) [5** weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#26: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth (DEBUT) [7*** weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#25: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee (+2) [#21] {12 weeks}
#24: Banana (Minisiren Remix) - Conkarah/Shaggy/DJ Fle (DEBUT) [1* week in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#23: me & ur ghost - blackbear (-10) [#13] {15 weeks}
#22: Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton (+1) [#17] {11 weeks}
#21: The Box - Roddy Ricch (DEBUT) [3* weeks in Hit-Bound] {1 week}
#20: Stuck with U - Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber (+1) [#20] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#19: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek (+10) [#19] {5 weeks} *new peak*
#18: Oh My God - Alec Benjamin (+1) [#17] {8 weeks}
#17: Falling - Trevor Daniel (+3) [#14] {10 weeks}
#16: Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande (+12) [#16] {3 weeks} *new peak*
#15: Sunday Best - Surfaces (+3) [#13] {12 weeks}
#14: Say So - Doja Cat (-6) [#3] {23 weeks}
#13: X - Jonas Brothers/KAROL G (+11) [#13] {4 weeks} *new peak*
#12: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd (-6) [6 weeks at #1] {17 weeks}
#11: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo (+5) [#11] {14 weeks} *new peak*
#10: The Bones - Maren Morris (+2) [#9] {7 weeks}
#9: Midnight - Alesso/Liam Payne (+2) [#9] {7 weeks} *new peak*
#8: Level of Concern - Twenty One Pilots (-1) [#7] {9 weeks}
#7: Be Kind - Marshmello/Halsey (+10) [#7] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#6: Old Me - 5 Seconds of Summer (+3) [#6] {11 weeks} *new peak*
#5: Maniac - Conan Gray (-3) [#2] {14 weeks}
#4: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa (-) [#3] {8 weeks}
#3: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles (-) [#3] {14 weeks}
#2: No Judgement - Niall Horan (-1) [1 week at #1] {14 weeks}
#1: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi (+4) [1st week at #1] {19 weeks}

Last Year’s #1: Sucker - Jonas Brothers [12/13 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: Kings & Queens - Ava Max

We actually got a decent amount of debuts this week! 5! We’re starting at the second-lowest spot on the countdown, #29, Blueberry Faygo by Lil Mosey. This song is an absolute banger. It’s extremely catchy, and the chorus absolutely slaps. Mosey actually sounds pretty great, and although the background vocals are a bit odd, it still manages to work. I really hope that this song does well here, because it’s really great. It might, but I’m not sure. *6 weeks in Hit-Bound, 7 weeks on Voting Poll

It’s a little odd that they switched to the original Savage by Megan Thee Stallion, since the Beyoncé remix of it seemed much more suited for Hits 1. Overall though, I think I like the original better than the remix. Megan actually has some pretty great flow, and the chorus is actually less annoying than I thought it would be. The production’s pretty great, and I love the beat in pretty much every way. So yeah, this is actually a good TikTok song. **3 weeks in Hit-Bound, 5 weeks on Voting Poll

Right above Savage, we get the Charlie Puth remix of I Hope by Gabby Barrett. I never thought a Puth remix of a country song would work, but it surprisingly works really well. Both Gabby and Charlie’s voices fit with the song and actually mesh pretty well together. The chorus is honestly great, and as a non-lover of country, this really works for me. The production is absolutely nailed, and it honestly sounds more like a pop song than a country song. The reverbed snapping sounds fantastic. So yeah, this is a great song. ***4 weeks in Hit-Bound, 7 weeks on Voting Poll

This is our only debut this week that isn’t great. It’s DJ Fle’s Minisiren Remix of Banana by Conkarah and Shaggy. This skipped Hit-Bound, only spending a week on the voting poll, so I actually talked about this last week. My opinion still stands. It’s pretty odd. The drop actually sounds pretty good, with the low saxophone working really well, but overall, I think latino music is just odd. Shaggy’s voice is alright I guess, but the song is so odd, I find it hard to get behind. Even if it’s catchy enough. *0 weeks in Hit-Bound, 1 week on Voting Poll

Our long overdue debut this week is The Box by Roddy Ricch, and this week we actually had two Roddy Ricch songs air on Hits 1 shows, which in my opinion is a step in the right direction. Roddy has great flow, and the production fits really well with it. The “eeh-ooh” sound works really well with the entire song, and I’m really glad this is finally on the countdown. Applause for Roddy Ricch. *2 weeks in Hit-Bound, 3 weeks on Voting Poll

Best Debut: The Box - Roddy Ricch

Biggest DROP!!!: In Your Eyes - The Weeknd (-16): This song’s in the bottom spot, at #30, and I really hope it doesn’t leave soon. This song’s great, and I’m sad to see it didn’t do as well as the other two singles.

Biggest Jump: Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande (+12): I’m very happy this is all the way up at #16. This song’s an absolute banger, and I can see it being a smash hit, here and everywhere.

Countdown Ranking

0 - Crap:
#30: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee
#29: Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton

1 - Bad:
#28: Falling - Trevor Daniel
#27: Say So - Doja Cat

2 - Mediocre:
#26: Oh My God - Alec Benjamin
#25: me & ur ghost - blackbear
#24: Old Me - 5 Seconds of Summer

3 - Decent:
#23: No Judgement - Niall Horan
#22: Banana (Minisiren Remix) - Conkarah/Shaggy/DJ Fle
#21: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo

4 - Good:
#20: Stuck with U - Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber
#19: Maniac - Conan Gray
#18: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa
#17: Level of Concern - Twenty One Pilots
#16: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#15: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#14: X - Jonas Brothers/KAROL G
#13: Savage - Megan Thee Stallion

5 - Great:
#12: Be Kind - Marshmello/Halsey
#11: Midnight - Alesso/Liam Payne
#10: The Bones - Maren Morris
#9: Sunday Best - Surfaces
#8: I Hope - Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth
#7: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#6: In Your Eyes - The Weeknd
#5: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek
#4: Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande
#3: Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey
#2: The Box - Roddy Ricch
#1: Heartless - Diplo/Julia Michaels/Morgan Wallen

Overall Score: 109/150 = 73%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo, Maniac - Conan Gray, Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles & No Judgement - Niall Horan {14 weeks}
#4: me & ur ghost - blackbear {15 weeks}
#3: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd {17 weeks}
#2: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi {19 weeks}
#1: Say So - Doja Cat {23 weeks}

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Lose Somebody - Kygo/OneRepublic

My Favourite Song Last Year: Summer Days - Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: bad guy - Billie Eilish

Hit-Bound
Let’s Fall in Love for the Night - FINNEAS [4*]
CITY OF ANGELS - 24kGoldn [1; 3rd time]
Moral of the Story - Ashe [6; 2nd time]
Falling - Harry Styles [2*]
Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane [2; 2nd time]
Daisies - Katy Perry [5*]
Black And White - Niall Horan [2*]
Ur So F**kInG cOoL - Tones And I [2]
ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch [2*]
Together - Sia [4*]
Bang! - AJR [7]
17 - Pink Sweat$ [12*]
Kings & Queens - Ava Max [8*]
the other girl - Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey [5; 2nd time]
100 Ways - Jackson Wang [8*]

Also Available For Vote
Cruel Summer - Taylor Swift [1]
Man - JoJo [1]
Breaking Me - Topic/A7S [1]
MAMACITA - Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul [1]

CITY OF ANGELS left this week, and is now back in Hit-Bound for the third time. I would say I’m happy, but this is getting a little ridiculous, don’t you think?

So our first song available for vote may or may not be a non-single. I’m not sure. It’s Cruel Summer by Taylor Swift. I haven’t seen anywhere that it is a single, but I’m not entirely convinced that it’s not. Anyways, this is for sure one of the best songs from the album. Not the top 3, (that would be Miss Americana, Paper Rings and ME!) but for sure up there. Taylor sounds really good, and it’s extremely catchy. I don’t really love the robotic vocals, but the rest makes up for it. Listening back to it, it’s actually better than I thought it was when they played it every hour last week on Hits 1. That may just be because it sounds better in earbuds, but whatever. So yeah, this is a great song, single or not.

This next song is definitely not as good. It’s a song by JoJo called Man. I really don’t like JoJo’s voice. Let’s just get that straight. I for sure don’t like it in the chorus, and for most of the rest of the song. I don’t think there’s enough production. Whoever did that almost went for a minimalist type of production, and I really don’t think it worked. Overall, I think this song just feels kind of sloppy, even if the chorus is decently catchy.

So my recommendation from last week actually debuted Hit-Bound this week! When does that happen? Anyways, it’s Breaking Me by Topic and A7S. The production in this song is extremely Roses-esque, and A7S’ voice kind of sounds like Lewis Capaldi’s, except with a little less grit. I love the chorus in this, and I think the production fits really well with it, and I love the decision to make this an EDM song. I actually quite like A7S’ voice, and overall this is a spectacular song that didn’t come out of TikTok, like I thought it did, so that’s good.

Y’know, I don’t think I like spanish Black Eyed Peas. I mean, it’s alright, it’s not the worst thing in the world, RITMO, which we lost this week, was actually pretty solid, but I don’t think MAMACITA with Ozuna and J. Rey Soul worked as well. It’s still very catchy, so that’s good, but I don’t really love the “drop” (if you can call it that). I appreciate that they put a female singer in every song in some way, shape or form, and I think J. Rey Soul works really really well with this song. I don’t love Ozuna or Chorona’s parts though. will.i.am is still spectacular every time. Overall, it’s alright, but it definitely has some weak parts. Plus, it’s a little long.

Best Debut: Breaking Me - Topic/A7S

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Crap:
#19: Daisies - Katy Perry
#18: Man - JoJo

1 - Bad:
#17: 100 Ways - Jackson Wang

2 - Mediocre:
#16: Moral of the Story - Ashe

3 - Decent:
#15: 17 - Pink Sweat$
#14: Together - Sia
#13: MAMACITA - Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul
#12: Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane

4 - Good:
#11: the other girl - Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey
#10: Kings & Queens - Ava Max
#9: Let’s Fall in Love for the Night - FINNEAS

5 - Great:
#8: Black And White - Niall Horan
#7: Ur So F**kInG cOoL - Tones And I
#6: CITY OF ANGELS - 24kGoldn
#5: Cruel Summer - Taylor Swift
#4: Bang! - AJR
#3: Falling - Harry Styles
#1: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
#1: Breaking Me - Topic/A7S

Overall Score: 67/95 = 71%

I’m a Savage, Classy, Blurby, Ratchet

We lost five songs today, (well, technically four, if you don’t count COA), CITY OF ANGELS, RITMO, Ride It, If the World Was Ending and I Love Me. I already talked about COA, RITMO was getting kind of old, Ride It was never good, and I’m glad it’s leaving space for Roses to jump higher, ItWWE definitely faded on me, so I’m glad it’s gone, and I Love Me dropped off of #10, making it the highest ever dropout on the countdown. I don’t think it deserved that, but it wasn’t Blinding Lights, so I’m okay with it.

Heartless actually jumped up a couple spots this week, so hopefully it’ll actually do well here.

me & ur ghost finally dropped out of the top 20. This was well overdue.

Stuck with U is so forgettable. I’m reminded it exists every time I hear it.

Roses is jumping!!! Yay! It’s actually been growing on me a lot lately, even though I liked it in the first place.

I was jamming to ROCKSTAR this week, enough to put it at my favourite song on Hit-Bound. I hope it debuts soon.

Say So is finally starting to drop. I’m glad this never hit #1.

X jumped a ton this week. I'm pretty happy with that.

Blinding Lights is dropping really fast, and I’m scared.

Midnight somehow made it into the top 10. I don’t know how, but I’m happy nonetheless.

Be Kind took a huge jump into the top 10 this week, so it could very possibly actually become a hit.

Okay, sorry. Before You Go is #1? I left for a day, and this is what I come back to? How did this happen? I’m not complaining, but I’m still really confused. This song now becomes the first to hit #1 while also not being on the voting poll. Can’t really say I’m disappointed.

These Two Windows came and went, and there’s no new Alec Benjamin songs. Yay.

And finally, we lost two Hit-Bound songs this week, adding to our already more than last year count of Hit-Bound dropouts. Toosie Slide and If You’re Too Shy left, and I’m happy to see both of them go, even if the former was a hit.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing on the Hot 100
#1: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
#2: Savage (Remix) - Megan Thee Stallion/Beyoncé
#3: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#4: Say So - Doja Cat/Nicki Minaj
#5: Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande
#6: Toosie Slide - Drake
#7: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa
#8: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo
#9: The Box - Roddy Ricch
#10: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek
#11: Circles - Post Malone
#12: Adore You - Harry Styles
#14: The Bones - Maren Morris
#15: Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey
#17: Stuck with U - Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber
#18: Falling - Trevor Daniel
#19: I Hope - Gabby Barrett
#20: Sunday Best - Surfaces
#24: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee
#28: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
#29: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa
#32: Memories - Maroon 5
#34: My Oh My - Camila Cabello/DaBaby
#36: Be Kind - Marshmello/Halsey
#38: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish
#39: Heartless - Diplo/Morgan Wallen
#40: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#42: Stupid Love - Lady Gaga
#43: Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton
#47: hot girl bummer - blackbear
#49: Dance Monkey - Tones And I
#53: In Your Eyes - The Weeknd
#58: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels
#64: Level of Concern - Twenty One Pilots
#65: Ride It - Regard
#72: X - Jonas Brothers/KAROL G
#74: Daisies - Katy Perry
#92: Like That - Doja Cat/Gucci Mane

Top 10 on the Hunger Games Countdown
#10: The Hype - Twenty One Pilots
#9: Oh My God - Alec Benjamin
#8: Small Talk - Niall Horan
#7: To Die For - Sam Smith
#6: Don’t Let It Break Your Heart - Louis Tomlinson
#5: YOU CAN’T HOLD MY HEART - Monsta X
#4: Sunday Best - Surfaces
#3: Lights Up - Harry Styles
#2: Slow Dance - AJ Mitchell/Ava Max
#1: Know Your Worth - Khalid/Disclosure

Top 10 If the Countdown Made Sense
#10: Sunday Best - Surfaces
#9: Falling - Trevor Daniel
#8: Stuck with U - Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber
#7: The Bones - Maren Morris
#6: The Box - Roddy Ricch
#5: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek
#4: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo
#3: Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande
#2: Say So - Doja Cat
#1: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd

104 comments:

  1. These Two Windows came and went, and there’s no new Alec Benjamin songs. Yay.

    I beg to differ, try listening to "Match in the Rain" and you'll know where I'm coming from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, Hoop-di Hoo, I found the hidden message at the bottom of the page.

      Delete
  2. Goddarn it BYG needs to leave already

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The production in this song is extremely Roses-esque, and A7S’ voice kind of sounds like Lewis Capaldi’s"

    I'm scared. 😂

    Nice post though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be scared. It's not too close to Lewis' voice, but you can for sure see the similarities.

      Delete
    2. Waffle of course ur not scared u drug

      Delete
    3. Chase, don't call me a drug, and don't try and say what my emotions are. You don't like it when I try and control you, so why do you think you. can do it to me?

      Delete
    4. I've actually heard Breaking Me a few times on BPM (channel 51). Not to mention that it was also listed as a BPM Breaker there too.

      Delete
  4. Recommendations for Hits 1:
    July - Noah Cyrus/Leon Bridges
    Think About Things - Daði Freyr/Gagnamagnið
    Hard for Me - Michele Morrone
    TROLLZ - 6IX9INE/Nicki Minaj
    Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685 & Jason Derulo
    I Dare You - Kelly Clarkson
    Mood Ring (By Demand) - Britney Spears
    Play Date - Melanie Martinez
    Selfish (Alan Walker Remix) - Madison Beer/Alan Walker
    Some Say (Felix Jaehn Remix) - Nea/Felix Jaehn
    Boss - Doja Cat
    Physical - Dua Lipa
    Kissing Other People - Lennon Stella
    Summer Feelings - Lennon Stella/Charlie Puth
    21 - Gracie Abrams
    Fire for You - Cannons
    Gimme Love - JOJI
    Eleven - Khalid/Summer Walker
    Party Girl - StaySolidRocky
    Secrets - Regard/RAYE
    Walk ‘Em Down - NLE Choppa/Roddy Ricch
    High Fashion - Roddy Ricch/Mustard
    Don’t Rush (Remix) - Young T & Bugsey/DaBaby
    tell me u luv me - Juice WRLD/Trippie Redd
    Dance with Me - Diplo/Thomas Rhett/Young Thug
    SAD (Imanbek xxx Remix) (XXXTENTACION cover) - Rasster/Imanbek

    ReplyDelete
  5. And TROLLZ will possibly debut at number one next week on Billboard Hot 100

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoop-di-hoo I found a secret message

    ReplyDelete
  7. Predictions:

    Out:
    me & ur ghost
    Blinding Lights
    Say So

    In:
    Cruel Summer
    Falling
    Black & White

    Biggest Drop:
    Before You Go (-15)

    Biggest Jump:
    Rain on Me (+6)

    #1: Maniac (New #1)

    HitBound entrants:
    MAMACITA
    MAN
    N/A
    Breaking Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  9. New on hits 1 discovery part 1 probably
    5sos: Wildflower
    StaySoildRocky: Party Girl
    jxdn: Angels and Demons
    Jack Harlow: What's Poppin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1:
      Hard for Me - Michele Morrone

      Delete
    2. According to reliable sources, the Hits1 discovery channel means absolutely nothing when it comes to what songs they pick up

      Delete
  10. Watermelon Sugar is officially above the cutoff line for the Year-End list this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before You Go is also above the cutoff line for the Year-End list this year

      Delete
    2. Yes I know. It's been locked in for a while now.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, thanks Chase. You probably just pulled this straight out of your ass as always rather than use actual knowledge to prove it.

      Delete
    4. *applause to Waffle for being the voice of reason*

      Delete
  11. Hey I noticed you said I Love Me was the highest dropout ever. If I recall correctly, I believe something left from a higher position in the early 2010s. I could be wrong I'm not sure where to find out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WAMB10 (because who else would it be) claims that The Edge Of Glory left from #8

      Delete
    2. Oh. Sorry, I only started listening to the countdown in 2018.

      Delete
    3. Same here, except I've looked for really old countdown blog posts on other blogs before.

      Delete
  12. Recommendations for Hits 1:
    Noah Cyrus/Leon Bridges: July
    StaySolidRocky: Party Girl
    Lil Baby: Emotionally Scarred
    Michele Morrone: Hard for Me
    Jack Harlow: WHATS POPPIN
    Juice WRLD/Trippie Redd: tell me u luv me
    Melanie Martinez: Play Date
    Jawsh 685 & Jason Derulo: SAVAGE LOVE (Laxed - Siren Beat)
    KYGO/ONEREPUBLIC: Lose Somebody
    Lennon Stella: Kissing Other People
    BAKAR: Hell N Back
    Tyla Yaweh/Post Malone: Tommy Lee
    JOJI: Gimme Love
    Khalid/Summer Walker: Eleven
    Nea/Felix Jaehn: Some Say (Felix Jaehn Remix)
    Rasster/Imanbek: SAD (Imanbek xxx Remix) (XXXTENTACION Cover)
    S1MBA/DTG: Rover (Mu la la)
    Loud Luxury/Morgan St. Jean: Aftertaste
    ROSALÍA/Travis Scott: TKN
    THE SCOTTS/Travis Scott/KiD CuDi: THE SCOTTS
    Cannons: Fire for You
    PUBLIC: Honey in the Summer
    Dua Lipa: Physical
    deadmau5/The Neptunes: pomegranate
    Natalia Damini/Petey Pablo: Pacemaker
    Diplo/Thomas Rhett/Young Thug: Dance with Me
    6IX9INE/Nicki Minaj: TROLLZ
    Yung Bae/bbno$/Wiz Khalifa/MAX: Bad Boy
    Zoe Wees: Control
    Kane Brown: Worldwide Beautiful
    John Legend: Bigger Love
    Sam Hunt: Kinfolks
    Kelly Clarkson: I Dare You
    Lennon Stella/Charlie Puth: Summer Feelings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heard:
      july
      party girl
      whats poppin
      tell me u love me
      play date
      savage love
      gimme love
      eleven
      sad
      aftertaste
      tkn
      the scotts
      honey in the summer
      physical
      pomegranate
      trollz
      control
      i dare you
      summer feelings
      never heard: the rest

      Delete
    2. also heard kinfolks too, sorry

      Delete
  13. The results for Event 3 of the Weekend Countdown Olympics is now up! (Sorry about being really behind for this)

    ReplyDelete
  14. “This next song is definitely not as good. It’s a song by JoJo called Man. I really don’t like JoJo’s voice. Let’s just get that straight. I for sure don’t like it in the chorus, and for most of the rest of the song. I don’t think there’s enough production. Whoever did that almost went for a minimalist type of production, and I really don’t think it worked. Overall, I think this song just feels kind of sloppy, even if the chorus is decently catchy.”

    MAN is totally amazing JoJo has some wonderful vocals imo and I love MAN a lot and I will keep on listening to MAN like several times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not MAN, it's Man and please don't quote entire paragraphs.

      Delete
  15. “ Right above Savage, we get the Charlie Puth remix of I Hope by Gabby Barrett. I never thought a Puth remix of a country song would work, but it surprisingly works really well. Both Gabby and Charlie’s voices fit with the song and actually mesh pretty well together. The chorus is honestly great, and as a non-lover of country, this really works for me. The production is absolutely nailed, and it honestly sounds more like a pop song than a country song. The reverbed snapping sounds fantastic. So yeah, this is a great song.”

    Agreed

    ReplyDelete
  16. #1 Recommendation for SiriusXM Hits 1: Childish Gambino: This is America

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really didn't want to have to do this, but I'm a little tired of all the spam comments, so I turned on comment moderation. If you comment, it'll have to be authorized by me before it's published. I'll try to check it regularly, but no promises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, it probably won't be ideal, but
      A) At this point it really seems like the only option to prevent spam
      B)At least no more spam xD

      Delete
  18. New on the voting poll:
    Moral of the Story Ashe/Niall Horan

    ReplyDelete
  19. The voting poll has been updated!!

    Available For Voting:
    Ashe/Niall Horan - Moral Of The Story

    Unavailable For Voting:
    The Weeknd - In Your Eyes
    24kGoldn - City Of Angels
    Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey - The Other Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Niall Horan on Moral of the Story? Yes, please.

      Delete
    2. I just listened to it, and it's much worse... yikes.

      Delete
    3. City of angels and the other girl, goodbye. You'll be missed. R.I.P TOG & COA

      Delete
    4. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOT TOG AND COA

      Delete
    5. YEAAAAHHHH a MoTS remix was more than I had hoped for. Not happy about the unavailable songs though.

      Delete
    6. Me neither. I really like all of these unavailable songs. I'm so sad to see them go. R.I.P Unavailable songs.

      Delete
  20. Replies
    1. RIP COA

      (This is SuperTacocat's alt account.)

      Delete
    2. Would've never guessed from the name

      Delete
    3. Well, just thought I would clarify that I'm not a troll that looks like me.

      Delete
  21. https://wafflescountdownreviews.blogspot.com/2020/06/lewis-capaldi-1-week-of-june-13-2020.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just noticed your post didn't pop up on the sidebar... I'll try to fix that.

      Delete
    2. Of course as soon as I comment that, when it refreshes, it works.

      Delete
  22. Just letting you guys know, I'm not gonna be here for the weekend, so I'll turn off moderation so you guys can converse about the countdown, and I'll most likely get my post up on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I'd just like to quickly address the lack of updating the 2019 Ultimate Rank and the Weekend Countdown Olympics. They'll start up again soon, but for now, I'm just trying to fix the 2020 Ultimate Rank, because it's just gotten really messed up with the change.

      Delete
    2. Tricked ya! Event 4 is up on the Weekend Countdown Olympics!

      Delete
  23. New on Hit-Bound - Young T/Bugsey - Don't Rush

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hitbound List (part 1):

    Topic/A7S - Breaking Me (Debut)
    Ashe/Niall Horan - Moral Of The Story
    Young T & Bugsey - Don't Rush (Debut)
    FINNEAS - Let's Fall In Love For The Night
    Sia - Together
    Harry Styles - Falling
    Niall Horan - Black & White
    Jackson Wang - 100 Ways
    Katy Perry - Daisies

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hitbound List (part 2):

    Ava Max - Kings & Queens
    AJR - Bang!
    Pink Sweat$ - 17
    Jojo - Man (Debut)
    Diplo/Julia Michaels/Morgan Wallen - Heartless (Re-Entry)
    Tones & I - Ur So Cool

    Dropouts:
    24kGoldn - City Of Angels
    Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey - The Other Girl

    Potential countdown debuts:
    DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - ROCKSTAR
    Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That (Re-Entry)
    Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer
    Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul - Mamacita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh Mamacita is terrible it's banana's level of bad (I hate banana)

      Delete
    2. “Ugh Mamacita is terrible it's banana's level of bad (I hate banana)”

      No they are not terrible imo I absolutely love the fact Hits 1 loves Black Eyed Peas and Shaggy

      Delete
    3. It's by opinion not yours I respect yours and mine

      Delete
  26. This next song is definitely not as good. It’s a song by JoJo called Man. I really don’t like JoJo’s voice. Let’s just get that straight. I for sure don’t like it in the chorus, and for most of the rest of the song. I don’t think there’s enough production. Whoever did that almost went for a minimalist type of production, and I really don’t think it worked. Overall, I think this song just feels kind of sloppy, even if the chorus is decently catchy.

    OMG I LOVE JOJO. I GOT INTEREST IN MAN. I LOVE MAN.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Debuts:
    Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That (Re-Entry)
    Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer
    Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul - Mamacit

    ReplyDelete
  28. Unpopular opinion: my most missed songs are coa (2020) /sai(2019) /lml(2019) / bty(2017)/ wt(2017)/ feels (2017) and ibw (2019)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Old me is number 1 this week, great job guys

    ReplyDelete
  30. what was #17 on the weekend countdown

    ReplyDelete
  31. #teamman
    #teamtommylee
    #teamletsfallinloveforthenight

    ReplyDelete
  32. Old Me is #1 and dethroned Before You Go. Before You Go is #2.

    ReplyDelete
  33. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: BEEN HERE BEFORE - 24KGOLDN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: BLACK PARADE - BEYONCÉ

      Delete
    2. And no way that single will become a hit single he already has CITY OF ANGELS

      Delete
    3. And do you think I care about that. and Yes, it is 24KGOLDN.

      Delete
    4. And Cat Stevens u get ur facts straight bc u r nothing to say about ur self

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  34. #teamursocool
    #teamcityofangelsisoverparty
    #teaminyoureyesisoverparty

    ReplyDelete
  35. #teambreakingmepleasedebutthecountdown
    #teambang

    ReplyDelete
  36. #teampartygirldebuthitbound
    #teamangelsanddemonsdebuthitbound

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #teampartygirldebuthitbound
      #tramblackparadedebuthitbound
      #teahardformedebuthitbound

      Delete
    2. *#teamblackparadedebuthitbound
      *#teamhardformedebuthitbound

      Delete
  37. Biggest DROP!!! of the week - Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber - Stuck With U & Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (-7) Ok. Loss for both Justin Bieber Songs. OOF!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Recommendations for Hits 1:
    FEEL THE BEAT - The Black Eyed Peas/Maluma/J.Rey Soul
    Hell-N-Back - BAKAR
    Bloody Valentine - Machine Gun Kelly
    SAD (Imanbek xxx Remix) (XXXTENTACION Cover) - Rasster
    Some Say (Felix Jaehn Remix) - Nea/Felix Jaehn
    SAVAGE LOVE (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685 & Jason Derulo
    Gimme Love - JOJI
    I Found You (Neptune) - EDX/Jess Ball

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)