Friday, June 26, 2020

Hot 100 Top 40: Week of June 27, 2020 - 6ix9ine/Nicki Minaj (1)

So we're just gonna treat this like we've been doing this forever. It'll work pretty similar to how the countdown posts work, except just with the Hot 100. (Also, the weeks will be related to total weeks on the Hot 100, not in the top 40) We'll kick it off with the top 40 exits this week.

Exits:
My Oh My - Camila Cabello/DaBaby (#40) [#12] {27 weeks} [Final Exit]
Nobody But You - Blake Shelton/Gwen Stefani (#38) [#18] {23rd week}
everything i wanted - Billie Eilish (#36) [#8] {32nd week}
After A Few - Travis Denning (#35) [#31] {12th week}
I Hope You're Happy Now - Carly Pearce/Lee Brice (#31) [#27] {24th week}
Does To Me - Luke Combs/Eric Church (#28) [#20] {14th week}

Last Week's #1: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch (2)

#40: Be Kind - Marshmello/Halsey (-7) [#29] {7 weeks}
#39: Memories - Maroon 5 (-7) [#2] {39 weeks}
#38: Walk Em Down - NLE Choppa/Roddy Ricch (T40 DEBUT) (+6) [#38] {13 weeks} *new peak*
#37: Emotionally Scarred - Lil Baby (T40 RE-ENTRY) (+10) [#31] {16 weeks}
#36: GOOBA - 6ix9ine (T40 RE-ENTRY) (+7) [#3] {6 weeks}
#35: One Margarita - Luke Bryan (+4) [#35] {7 weeks} *new peak*
#34: Go Crazy - Chris Brown/Young Thug (+3) [#34] {6 weeks} *new peak*
#33: Bluebird - Miranda Lambert (T40 DEBUT) (+12) [#33] {11 weeks} *new peak*
#32: THE SCOTTS - THE SCOTTS (-7) [1 week at #1] {8 weeks}
#31: Chasin' You - Morgan Wallen (-9) [#16] {21 weeks}
#30: High Fashion - Roddy Ricch/Mustard (-6) [#20] {25 weeks}
#29: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi (-2) [#27] {20 weeks}
#28: Hard To Forget - Sam Hunt (+2) [#28] {12 weeks} *new peak*
#27: We Paid - Lil Baby/42 Dugg (+7) [#27] {7 weeks} *new peak*
#26: Stuck with U - Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber (-6) [1 week at #1] {6 weeks}
#25: Break My Heart - Dua Lipa (+1) [#21] {12 weeks}
#24: death bed (coffee for your head) - Powfu/beabadoobee (-1) [#23] {14 weeks}
#23: I Hope - Gabby Barrett (-5) [#16] {25 weeks}
#22: Party Girl - StaySolidRocky (-1) [#21] {8 weeks}
#21: Sunday Best - Surfaces (-2) [#19] {16 weeks}
#20: Falling - Trevor Daniel (-3) [#17] {31 weeks}
#19: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles (+10) [#19] {13 weeks} *new peak*
#18: WHATS POPPIN - Jack Harlow (-2) [#16] {19 weeks}
#17: Life Is Good - Future/Drake (-2) [#2] {23 weeks}
#16: Adore You - Harry Styles (-2) [#6] {28 weeks}
#15: The Bones - Maren Morris (-2) [#12] {39 weeks}
#14: Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa (-6) [#2] {33 weeks}
#13: Circles - Post Malone (-2) [3 weeks at #1] {42 weeks}
#12: Toosie Slide - Drake (-6) [1 week at #1] {11 weeks}
#11: Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey (+1) [#11] {19 weeks} *new peak*
#10: The Box - Roddy Ricch (-1) [11 weeks at #1] {28 weeks}
#9: Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande (+1) [1 week at #1] {4 weeks}
#8: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek (-1) [#7] {13 weeks}
#7: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo (-2) [#5] {19 weeks}
#6: Say So - Doja Cat/Nicki Minaj (-2) [1 week at #1] {24 weeks}
#5: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd (-2) [4 weeks at #1] {29 weeks}
#4: Savage (Remix) - Megan Thee Stallion/Beyoncé (-2) [1 week at #1] {14 weeks}
#3: The Bigger Picture - Lil Baby (DEBUT) [#3] {1 week}
#2: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch (-1) [2 weeks at #1] {9 weeks}
#1: TROLLZ - 6ix9ine/Nicki Minaj (DEBUT) [1st week at #1] {1 week}

Last Year's #1: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus [12/19 weeks at #1]

I guess I'll review every song I haven't yet on my countdown posts, starting with a top 40 debut, at #38, Walk Em Down by NLE Choppa and Roddy Ricch. Okay, fine! I may be really liking Roddy Ricch lately. Probably the only reason that this song isn't in green is because of NLE Choppa. I don't love his voice, and when he says "walk 'em down", and it echoes, I don't really like it. Roddy's verse is spectacular though, so it's still pretty good, I just think Choppa's chorus brought it down a lot. Ricch really does slap pretty much every time though. I'm really excited for what he has to bring in the future, and I think I should probably re-listen to Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial.

In the next spot at #37, we have a top 40 re-entry, in the form of Emotionally Scarred by Lil Baby. I don't love Lil Baby. His voice really isn't that great, and the heavy autotune on it doesn't help that much. This song really isn't an exception. He goes pretty quickly, but there's not really a hook or anything. The production's kind of minimalistic, but the thing with minimalistic production is that you have to have the voice for it, and Lil Baby... doesn't. So yeah, this isn't great.

Another top 40 re-entry comes in at #36. GOOBA by 6ix9ine. When I was doing this, I was trying to decide whether this or TROLLZ would be my least favourite song, and although TROLLZ has Nicki Minaj, this ultimately wins the cake, because this has more yelling. He actually sounds decent when he raps normally, but he yells way too much in this, and I don't see how anyone can stand it, much less like it. This is very very bad, and we should not be giving this guy more hits.

Next up is One Margarita by Luke Bryan... I don't love country. I hate the southern accent in music, and the weird production doesn't help either. This song isn't special at all, and Luke Bryan's voice is only alright. The lyrics are okay at best, and this song just really isn't great. That being said, it's not bad, but it's just really not good.

One more spot up, we have Go Crazy by Chris Brown and Young Thug. This song is good. I normally don't like Young Thug, but he actually sounds decent here surprisingly. Chris Brown sounds really good, and the minimalistic production actually works well here compared to in Emotionally Scarred. Brown and Thug actually mesh really well together, which is odd, because both artists have pretty different vibes to them. The chorus is actually really good, and Chris Brown's verse is great. Overall, this is a really great song that definitely has potential to do well here.

A top 40 debut next, at #33, we have Bluebird by Miranda Lambert. This is technically the biggest jump of the week, but since it was a top 40 debut, I didn't count it as such, and counted it instead as Watermelon Sugar (which explains how this is gonna work in the future). I hate this song. A lot. It's country, and that guitar just literally kills me everytime. I can't help but cringe when I hear it. Miranda Lambert's vocals really don't help, as they're not great. The production's nothing to write home about, being simply a beat and a bassline throughout most of the song. Yeah, this really isn't good.

A former #1 at #32, it's THE SCOTTS by... THE SCOTTS. Which is actually just Travis Scott and Kid Cudi. Yeah, I think it's safe to say this is the only appearance THE SCOTTS will make on the Hot 100, I can't see them making anymore music. Ever since SICKO MODE, I've been a fan of Travis Scott, and he's been milking bangers since. Both Scott and Cudi actually sound pretty great and have good flow. Although Cudi's voice is a lot different than Travis Scott's more professional sound, it creates a nice contrast that I like really well. But the real highlight here is the production, which is just really really good. It's really cool, and I especially love the 8-bit stuff near the end. Pretty good song. Not great, but definitely good.

Again, one more spot up, we have Chasin' You by Morgan Wallen. I surprisingly like this song, despite me not loving country music. The chorus actually sounds really good, and Morgan Wallen's voice is surprisingly nice after how it sounded in Heartless. This is pretty catchy, and as far as country songs go, definitely one of the best.

The second of four Roddy Ricch songs in the top 40 this week, we have High Fashion with Mustard. I think you can probably expect me not to dislike any Roddy Ricch song that comes out from now on, as I've become a fan... in case you couldn't tell (y'know, with The Box being my purple on the countdown and ROCKSTAR being my purple on Hit-Bound this week). Ricch probably sounds the best he's ever sounded on this song. I think this was one of the songs that I actually didn't mind when I listened to his album. I actually never realized that Mustard was a producer, but he for sure does a really good job here. Yeah, this is good. I hope it does well here, and maybe debuts Hit-Bound sometime in the near future.

If you payed attention, you may have noticed that the next song here was actually my recommendation for Hits 1 this week, which is strange because it's a country song. I'm talking about Hard To Forget by Sam Hunt. On paper, this shouldn't work. I mean, this is the guy that did Body Like A Back Road, which I hated, using a sample from an old country song, with a trap beat. But I actually really like it. The chorus is just... incredible. I don't even have words. I love the trap beat, it reminds me a lot of Old Town Road, and Sam Hunt actually sounds good! The sample surprisingly works really well with the song, and he doesn't overuse it, which is good. I would for sure recommend this for pop radio, and if a pop artist could remix it to speed that up, that would be much appreciated.

Next is more Lil Baby, with 42 Dugg, called We Paid. I still stand by what I said earlier about Lil Baby. I don't love his voice. 42 Dugg really doesn't help in this song, as he just sounds absolutely horrible. That being said, I don't hate it, because the production's decent, but both artist's voices are really bad, and the chorus is annoying.

At #23, we have I Hope without Charlie Puth. Yeah, this is still good. Maybe not as good as the Charlie Puth version, but still good.

One spot up, we have Party Girl by StaySolidRocky. This is a good example of bad rap. Rocky's voice is really low, and has a weird vibrato thing on it, and it really doesn't fit well with the song, because there's a piano line in the production, which overall I don't think works really well with rap. Not much else to say about this one.

At #18, Jack Harlow comes up with WHATS POPPIN. I actually quite like this song. It's really catchy. The chorus is really good, and the verses are good too. Jack actually sounds pretty good, and he has great flow. The beat flows nicely, although the piano line is again weird (as I said before), but it's better than in Party Girl.

A pretty big hit here up next, we have Life Is Good by Future and Drake. Drake's had some alright songs lately, with In My Feelings being good and Toosie Slide being alright, but this is a big miss. Drake actually sounds alright, but Future kind of brings the song down for me. I actually quite like Drake's verse, but Future just doesn't sound good here. The beat's good in the first part and everything actually flows quite nicely, but then it switches to Future's part, which I can't really stand. The weird bassline really doesn't help with Future's voice, and overall, it brings this down to a red.

Nicki Minaj is on the Hot 100 version of Say So. She brings the song down even more somehow. There was no reason for them to switch, since the Minaj version actually hasn't blown up anywhere, so I'm kind of confused as to how this happened.

A Hot 100 debut this week at #3, we have The Bigger Picture by Lil Baby. I still stand by what I said earlier, but I think this song is definitely good. Lil Baby actually sounds pretty good here, and he has good flow, but the real highlight here are the lyrics, which are just spectacular and address the current issues really well. I would highly recommend just looking up the lyrics if you don't feel like listening to it, because I think this song was really well-written. But it helps that Lil Baby sounds the best he ever has.

Did we have to have a follow-up to FEFE? Answer: No. Also, why are we giving 6ix9ine a #1? Like, seriously? America couldn't find a better artist to give #1? Like DaBaby and Roddy Ricch who could've stayed at #1 for a third week instead of this clown? Although this song doesn't have as much yelling as GOOBA, TROLLZ with Nicki Minaj is still really bad. I hate the chorus, it sounds really bad, and a verse by Nicki Minaj is really not what I asked for. If this could leave next week, that would be much appreciated.

Best T40 Entrant: The Bigger Picture - Lil Baby

Biggest Drop: Chasin' You - Morgan Wallen (-9): Aw man. I talked earlier about how this was one of the only country songs I liked on this list. Sad to see it dropping.

Biggest Jump: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles (+10): I'm glad this is getting success, but I'm still really tired of it. Thanks, Hits 1.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek
#4: Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande
#3: The Box - Roddy Ricch
#2: Hard To Forget - Sam Hunt
#1: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: Adore You - Harry Styles
#4: We Paid - Lil Baby/42 Dugg
#3: Memories - Maroon 5
#2: TROLLZ - 6ix9ine/Nicki Minaj
#1: GOOBA - 6ix9ine

Top 20 Ranking

0 - Crap:
#20: TROLLZ - 6ix9ine/Nicki Minaj
#19: Adore You - Harry Styles
#18: Life Is Good - Future/Drake
#17: Say So - Doja Cat/Nicki Minaj

1 - Bad:
#16: Falling - Trevor Daniel

2 - Mediocre:
NONE!

3 - Decent:
#15: Toosie Slide - Drake
#14: Intentions - Justin Bieber/Quavo
#13: Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa

4 - Good:
#12: WHATS POPPIN - Jack Harlow
#11: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
#10: The Bigger Picture - Lil Baby

5 - Great:
#9: Circles - Post Malone
#8: Savage (Remix) - Megan Thee Stallion/Beyoncé
#7: The Bones - Maren Morris
#6: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
#5: Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey
#4: Roses (Remix) - SAINt JHN/Imanbek
#3: Rain On Me - Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande
#2: The Box - Roddy Ricch

Bonus: 6 - Best Song in the Top 40:
#1: ROCKSTAR - DaBaby/Roddy Ricch

Overall Score: 68/100 = 68%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd {29 weeks}
#4: Falling - Trevor Daniel {31 weeks}
#3: Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa {33 weeks}
#2: Memories - Maroon 5 The Bones - Maren Morris {39 weeks}
#1: Circles - Post Malone {42 weeks}

On the Verge
I Hope You're Happy Now - Carly Pearce/Lee Brice (OtV RE-ENTRY)
Does To Me - Luke Combs/Eric Church (OtV RE-ENTRY)
everything i wanted - Billie Eilish (OtV RE-ENTRY)
Nobody But You - Blake Shelton/Gwen Stefani (OtV RE-ENTRY)
Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton
Here And Now - Kenny Chesney
Heartless - Diplo/Morgan Wallen
After A Few - Travis Denning (OtV RE-ENTRY)
Dior - Pop Smoke
hot girl bummer - blackbear
Make It Rain - Pop Smoke/Rowdy Rebel (DEBUT)
GO - The Kid LAROI/Juice WRLD (DEBUT)
In Between - Scotty McCreery (OtV DEBUT)
Shotta Flow 5 - NLE Choppa (DEBUT)
If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels

I'll also talk about On the Verge songs that I haven't talked about yet, starting with I Hope You're Happy Now by Carly Pearce and Lee Brice. This is just another country song. There's nothing special about it, and overall, it's just kind of boring. Both artists sound fine, and it's catchy enough, but it gets pretty boring at points.

Another country song comes up next, Does To Me by Luke Combs and Eric Church. This song is literally the exact same as the last one. I like it a little more though, because there's a little more substance to it, and the lyrics are good. Other than that, it's just another country song.

More country in the form of a duet by Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani comes up next, called Nobody But You. This song is good. Blake and Gwen have good chemistry, (I wonder why) and they both sound pretty good. It's actually quite catchy, and the production's actually pretty good.

I know what you're thinking. "But Beluga, you like Heartless, don't you?" I like the Julia Michaels version of Heartless. She brings up the song a lot, and it feels empty without her. Also, Morgan Wallen's voice in his version actually isn't great.

More country... because our On the Verge is just flooded with it. After A Few by Travis Denning is really bad. The guitar in this song sounds really similar to the one in Bluebird, (which is to say, bad) and Travis Denning's voice really doesn't sound that great. Other than that, I just find the chorus really really annoying. When he sings "After a feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew" I just want to leave the room. Next.

Next is Dior by Pop Smoke. I actually quite like Pop Smoke's voice. His voice is really low, but I kind of dig it. The layering and the production sound really good together. He doesn't sound fantastic in the chorus, but other than that, it's a very solid song. I like the beat, it's not too fast, and it works really well with the song. Overall, this is really good.

More Pop Smoke is next, this time with Rowdy Rebel, called Make It Rain. This isn't as good as Dior, but it's still really solid. It's essentially a carbon copy of Dior, which is probably why I don't love it, because it's the copy, but overall, it's good, and literally just copy-paste what I said for Dior.

The late Juice WRLD makes a Hot 100 debut up next, with The Kid LAROI, called GO. This song is alright. LAROI doesn't sound really good, and the chorus isn't spectacular, and neither is LAROI's voice really, but Juice WRLD's stuff is fantastic. The legend sounds good as always, and it fits really well with the production. Decent song.

More country. 'Nuff said. No, but seriously, In Between by Scotty McCreery isn't great. First, I'd just like to point out his name. Who would name their child Scotty? That sounds like a nickname. Anyways, this song is just extremely boring. None of it is special at all, and it just blends into the rest of the country songs that I've had to review, and I can't remember for the life of me what this sounds like.

Um... Shotta Flow 5? I guess this is the fifth Shotta Flow that NLE Choppa has made? Maybe? I'm not quite sure. This isn't good. I already made my opinions about NLE Choppa in Walk Em Down, being that I don't like him. He's definitely more tolerable in Walk Em Down, but Roddy Ricch carrys that song anyways. I don't love the production on this, and Choppa really doesn't help when he yells. Overall, this isn't great.

Best On the Verge Entrant: Make It Rain - Pop Smoke/Rowdy Rebel

On the Verge Ranking

0 - Crap:
#15: Supalonely - BENEE/Gus Dapperton
#14: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish
#13: After A Few - Travis Denning
#12: Shotta Flow 5 - NLE Choppa

1 - Bad:
#11: In Between - Scotty McCreery

2 - Mediocre:
#10: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels
#9: I Hope You're Happy Now - Carly Pearce/Lee Brice
#8: Here And Now - Kenny Chesney

3 - Decent:
#7: Does To Me - Luke Combs/Eric Church
#6: Heartless - Diplo/Morgan Wallen
#5: GO - The Kid LAROI/Juice WRLD

4 - Good:
#4: Nobody But You - Blake Shelton/Gwen Stefani
#3: Make It Rain - Pop Smoke/Rowdy Rebel
#2: Dior - Pop Smoke

5 - Great:
#1: hot girl bummer - blackbear

Overall Score: 33/75 = 44%

Kwaheri, everybody!

63 comments:

  1. What are your predictions for 6/27/20 Beluga?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chase, Stop quoting entire paragraphs. Beluga told you to stop already. Do I need to tell Beluga that you're quoting entire paragraphs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beluga, Can you please delete Chase's comments? Those comments are very rude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, I love Lil Nas X. And neither of us here like you. Deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. #1 Recommendation For Chase: Mariah Carey: GTFO

    ReplyDelete
  8. "There was no reason for them to switch, since the Minaj version actually hasn't blown up anywhere, so I'm kind of confused as to how this happened."

    Because Stan Twitter. No other reason, just Stan Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also look Chase I didn't quote the entire paragraph, just 1 sentence.

      Delete
  9. And yes, NLE has indeed made 5 Shotta Flows.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another week another Hitbound re-entry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hitbound List (part 1):

    Tones & I - Ur So Cool
    Diplo/Julia Michaels/Morgan Wallen - Heartless
    Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul - Mamacita (Re-Entry/Debut*)
    Niall Horan - Black & White
    Ava Max - Kings & Queens
    Harry Styles - Falling
    Katy Perry - Daisies
    Topic/A7S - Breaking Me
    Sia - Together

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. I made my own blog Countdown Reviewa

      Delete
    2. That's good. I prefer you over Chase (a.k.a an idiot).

      Delete
    3. Countdown Reviewa please do not correct him it is Ur So cOoL

      Delete
    4. And Beluga can u please delete Countdown Reviewa’s comment it is so rude thanks

      Delete
  13. Look, Mamacita debuted straight to the countdown. So it's a Hit-Bound debut this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Breaking ME played twice and forgot ur so cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the first time Mikey said it was Tones & I that should have aired instead.

      Delete
    2. I know, they should've played Ur So Fucking Cool instead of playing Breaking Me 2 times in a row.

      Delete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hitbound List (part 2):

    JoJo - Man
    Kygo/OneRepublic - Lose Somebody (Debut)
    Cyn - Drinks (Debut)
    Young T & Bugsey/Headie One - Don't Rush
    AJR - Bang!
    Jackson Wang - 100 Ways

    Potential Countdown Debuts:
    DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - ROCKSTAR
    Pink Sweat$ - 17
    Ashe/Niall Horan - Moral Of The Story (Re-Entry)

    Potential Hitbound Dropout:
    FINNEAS - Let's Fall In Love For The Night

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for Rockstar and Moral Of The Story debuting the countdown. And props to Let's Fall In Love For The Night for dropping out of Hit-Bound.

      Delete
    2. 100 Ways aired *a lot* this week, so why didn't it debut the countdown is beyond me. And honestly, I'm okay with it not debuting. It's just not a good song.

      Delete
    3. I don't really mind both Lose Somebody and Drinks. They're not good songs, but they're not good songs either. For now, I'm mixed.

      Delete
    4. Guys, I will have my countdown and Hot 100 posts out by tomorrow. I might be busy but who knows? I will also write my opinions on all of the songs on my AT40 post tomorrow. And get caught up on all of my blogs. But for now, goodnight my precious servants.

      -Countdown Reviewa

      Delete
    5. Give me a link to your blog! It'll go on the sidebar!

      Delete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. New on Hits 1: Lose Somebody - KYGO/ONEREPUBLIC & Drinks - CYN

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Exits: the box, say so, mamacita
    so sad for all of them :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. Chase don't like the box he guess that he's glad to see the box gone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No that is not true I still like it even though it is old

      Delete
  22. Also LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FOR LETS FALL IN LOVE FOR THE NIGHT LEAVING

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahahaha Kings & Queens is Countdown Extra Again

      Delete
  23. Beluga never likes say so and Waffle likes say so...

    ReplyDelete
  24. #teambelugahatessayso
    #teamwafflelovessayso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #teamidonotlilesayso


      And btw hate is not a term to use it is do not like at all

      Delete
  25. And I thought I was saying that the full countdown

    ReplyDelete
  26. Midnight is 2 LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)