Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Week of December 14, 2019 - Niall Horan (2)

Niall Horan (2)

Hey guys, sorry I’m so late on this one, I was away and then I was sick, so this post might be a little shorter than you’re used to. Sorry ‘bout that. Anyways, it wasn’t that interesting of a countdown anyways, so you’re not really missing out on much.

Songs We’re Saying Goodbye To
Stack It Up - Liam Payne (#45) [#23]
all the good girls go to hell - Billie Eilish (#33) [#33]

Last Week’s #1: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan (1)

#45: Nightmare - Halsey (-1) [#2]
#44: Dear Winter - AJR (-1) [#30]
#43: Liar - Camila Cabello (-1) [#21]
#42: Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles (-3) [#39]
#41: Dear Future Self (Hands Up) - Fall Out Boy/Wyclef Jean (-1) [#18]
#40: Sucker - Jonas Brothers (-2) [13 weeks at #1]
#39: Purple Hat - Sofi Tukker (-2) [#37]
#38: frick, i’m lonely - Lauv/Anne-Marie (+3) [#29]
#37: Raising Hell - Kesha/Big Freedia (-2) [#31]
#36: If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin (-) [#3]
#35: Into the Unknown - Panic! At The Disco (DEBUT) [4* weeks in Hit-Bound]
#34: Lights Up - Harry Styles (-4) [#30]
#33: I Hate LA - Hot Chelle Rae (+1) [#33] *new peak*
#32: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas (-1) [#31]
#31: We Made It - Louis Tomlinson (+1) [#29]
#30: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift (-1) [1 week at #1]
#29: What Am I - Why Don’t We (-1) [#18]
#28: Dance Monkey - Tones and I (-1) [#27]
#27: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello (-1) [#3]
#26: The Hype - Twenty One Pilots (-4) [#9]
#25: Adore You - Harry Styles (DEBUT) [1 week in Hit-Bound]
#24: Time - NF (+1) [#24] *new peak*
#23: Make You Mine - PUBLIC (-) [#19]
#22: Look At Her Now - Selena Gomez (+2) [#22]
#21: Lonely - Diplo/Jonas Brothers (-) [#21]
#20: Trampoline - SHAED (-) [#20]
#19: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes (-) [9 weeks at #1]
#18: Truth Hurts - Lizzo (-4) [#2]
#17: Mother - Charlie Puth (-2) [#15]
#16: Memories - Maroon 5 (+2) [#11]
#15: One Thing Right - Marshmello/Kane Brown (+2) [#15] *new peak*
#14: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber (-1) [#12]
#13: How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith (-1) [#11]
#12: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez (+4) [#12] *new peak*
#11: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer (-) [2 weeks at #1]
#10: Graveyard - Halsey (-1) [#3]
#9: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid (-6) [1 week at #1]
#8: Good as Hell - Lizzo (-3) [#3]
#7: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer (+1) [3 weeks at #1]
#6: Lover (Remix) - Taylor Swift/Shawn Mendes (+4) [#6] *new peak*
#5: Circles - Post Malone (+2) [#2]
#4: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer (-) [2 weeks at #1]
#3: Only Human - Jonas Brothers (+3) [1 week at #1]
#2: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi (-) [3 weeks at #1]
#1: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan (-) [2nd week at #1]

Last Year’s #1: This Feeling - The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini [1/7 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: Wanted - OneRepublic

So our first new song this week comes from Panic! At The Disco (who else) from the new Frozen 2 soundtrack, it’s their cover of Into the Unknown, from the movie. I’m gonna be honest here, you can tell it’s from Frozen. Which isn’t a bad thing! Ha, gotcha! It’s a really fun song and you can really just kind of hear the story happen. Anyways, my one small problem with this is that this is a duet. And it’s just sung by Brendon Urie. But whatever, I don’t care all that much. *3 weeks in Hit-Bound, 4 weeks on Voting Poll

Next we have more Harry Styles, this being the highest-debuting and definitely worst single coming up at #25. This song is just so boring. It has no life to it. Like, at least Watermelon Sugar has that awesome beat and that catchy hook, but this is just nothing! Literal nothing! Where is the song? I don’t see it! Where did it go? Did it ever exist? Guess not. Never mind, only one debut this week. Wait, I didn’t even say the name of the song. Never mind. There is no song.

Best Debut: Into the Unknown - Panic! At The Disco

Biggest DROP!!!: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid (-6): Why am I reviewing this? It’s at #9.

Biggest Jump: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez & Lover (Remix) - Taylor Swift/Shawn Mendes (+4): This has got to be the smallest-biggest jump of the year.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: Into the Unknown - Panic! At The Disco
#4: Trampoline - SHAED
#3: Dance Monkey - Tones and I
#2: Time - NF
#1: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: Adore You - Harry Styles
#4: I Hate LA - Hot Chelle Rae
#3: Nightmare - Halsey
#2: Dear Winter - AJR
#1: Truth Hurts - Lizzo

Top 20 Ranking

0 - Crap:
#20: Truth Hurts - Lizzo

1 - Bad:
#19: Mother - Charlie Puth

2 - Mediocre:
#18: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes
#17: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer

3 - Decent:
#16: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer

4 - Good:
#15: Graveyard - Halsey
#14: Good as Hell - Lizzo
#13: How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith
#12: Only Human - Jonas Brothers
#11: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber
#10: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer

5 - Great:
#9: One Thing Right - Marshmello/Kane Brown
#8: Lover (Remix) - Taylor Swift/Shawn Mendes
#7: Memories - Maroon 5
#6: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez
#5: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#4: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid
#3: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan
#2: Circles - Post Malone
#1: Trampoline - SHAED

Overall Score: 77/100 = 77%

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Nightmare - Halsey
#4: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes
#3: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#2: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#1: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: If The World Was Ending - JP Saxe/Julia Michaels

My Favourite Song Last Year: Woman Like Me - Little Mix/Nicki Minaj

My Least Favourite Song Last Year: I Wanna Know - NOTD/Bea Miller


Hit-Bound
Wanted - OneRepublic [7]
South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B [7]
Take What You Want - Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott [6]
Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa [5]
Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi [1]
Push My Luck - The Chainsmokers [5*]
Living Proof - Camila Cabello [2]
hot girl bummer - blackbear [2]
Finally // beautiful stranger - Halsey [1]
Put A Little Love On Me - Niall Horan [1]
Bob Dylan - Fall Out Boy [5]
Wave - Meghan Trainor/Mike Sabath [9*]
Slow Dance - AJ Mitchell/Ava Max [1]
Walking - 88rising/Joji/Jackson Wang/Swae Lee/Major Lazer [2]
everything i wanted - Billie Eilish [5*]
Panini - Lil Nas X [6]

I just remembered I promised you guys a review of last week’s Hit-Bound debuts this week. Alright, here we go. We’re kicking it off with a great new Lewis Capaldi song from this week called Before You Go. Now, I actually think this is better than Someone You Loved. The lyrics just sound like he thought them through a bit more, and overall I think the guitar just works really nicely with his voice. I really hope this debuts, and it probably will, since it’s a real single unlike Hold Me While You Wait which left this week. Whatever, this is better. I’m not complaining.

Next, we have some new Camila Cabello with Living Proof. This is okay. I mean, it’s not great, I don’t really like those really high notes in the chorus, and overall I find it kind of boring and I highly doubt it’ll debut the countdown. So I don’t really feel the need to review this all that much. Camila has just been kind of bland with this new album.

Right after that, we have another song that debuted last week with hot girl bummer by blackbear. I really didn’t expect this to get picked up by Hits 1. I’m not sure why, because ROXANNE got picked up, but whatever, I’m not complaining about either of those! This song is honestly great. I find his vocals are like, just on the edge of annoying, but to the point where it’s actually enjoyable and a decent listen. I realize now that doesn’t make much sense, but I couldn’t care less, okay? I’m tired and I need to get this post out, so now I’m just putting random filler in here to fill up space. Anyways, NEXT!

So next we have a ballad by Halsey called Finally // beautiful stranger. Yeah, I’m not quite sure what’s up with the double slashes there, but whatever. This song is alright. She sounds pretty good for the most part, and her voice actually works surprisingly well for a ballad, but my one main issue is that it just really isn’t for me and I find it kind of boring. I know there are some people however, that would really like this, so I’m not really one to talk here.

Okay, next we have some more Niall Horan after the success of Nice To Meet Ya, except this time he brings us another ballad called Put A Little Love On Me. You know, it kind of reminds me a bit of This Town. In fact, he references that saying, “when the lights come up and there’s no shadows dancing” which I think is pretty cool. His voice works well here and it’s really just a sweet song. Although, for some reason, I’m not quite sure it’ll do well.

Next we have the return of Ava Max with AJ Mitchell, with Slow Dance. I actually forgot about Ava Max. But with this song too, I doubt I will for a while. I really like this a lot. The chorus is super catchy and I like her voice in a duet. AJ is good too, but his voice is just okay. If you haven’t listened to this, I highly suggest you do, because I can’t explain it very well.

Our last debut from the past two weeks is Walking by 88rising, Joji, Jackson Wang, Swae Lee and Major Lazer. This song is forgettable. Like, so forgettable that I forgot. I doubt it’ll debut, but if it does I’ll try and review it.

Best Hit-Bound Debut Last Week: hot girl bummer - blackbear

Best Hit-Bound Debut This Week: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi

Hit-Bound Ranking

0 - Crap:
#16: Wanted - OneRepublic

1 - Bad:
#15: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish

2 - Mediocre:
#14: Walking - 88rising/Joji/Jackson Wang/Swae Lee/Major Lazer

3 - Decent:
#13: Finally // beautiful stranger - Halsey
#12: Living - Camila Cabello

4 - Good:
#11: Push My Luck - The Chainsmokers
#10: hot girl bummer - blackbear
#9: Bob Dylan - Fall Out Boy
#8: Put A Little Love On Me - Niall Horan

5 - Great:
#7: Panini - Lil Nas X
#6: Wave - Meghan Trainor/Mike Sabath
#5: Slow Dance - AJ Mitchell/Ava Max
#4: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa
#3: South of the Border - Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B
#2: Take What You Want - Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott
#1: Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi

60/80 = 75%

No blurbs this week, sorry guys.

How Hits 1 Songs Are Doing On The Hot 100
#2: Circles - Post Malone
#4: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#5: Memories - Maroon 5
#6: Good as Hell - Lizzo
#7: ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas
#9: Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez
#10: 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber
#13: Dance Monkey - Tones and I
#15: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello
#17: Panini - Lil Nas X
#19: Trampoline - SHAED
#21: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#22: Truth Hurts - Lizzo
#25: everything i wanted - Billie Eilish
#31: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus
#32: Lover - Taylor Swift
#34: Only Human - Jonas Brothers
#36: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid
#42: Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa
#45: Graveyard - Halsey
#49: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure
#50: I Don’t Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber
#53: hot girl bummer - blackbear
#54: How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith
#58: Time - NF
#60: Take What You Want - Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott
#79: all the good girls go to hell - Billie Eilish
#85: Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan
#89: Hate Me - Ellie Goulding/Juice WRLD
#99: Into the Unknown - Panic! At The Disco

10 comments:

  1. First.
    As far as I know nice post Beluga

    ReplyDelete
  2. “So our first new song this week comes from Panic! At The Disco (who else) from the new Frozen 2 soundtrack, it’s their cover of Into the Unknown, from the movie. I’m gonna be honest here, you can tell it’s from Frozen. Which isn’t a bad thing! Ha, gotcha! It’s a really fun song and you can really just kind of hear the story happen. Anyways, my one small problem with this is that this is a duet. And it’s just sung by Brendon Urie. But whatever, I don’t care all that much.“

    Woah ITU is officially garbage. Go away ITU u Don’t belong in this crappie countdown like sugary and it is such a weak song that no one cares about it I like Idina Menzel one better than PATD. Otherwise it is annoying as fudge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. “Next we have the return of Ava Max with AJ Mitchell, with Slow Dance. I actually forgot about Ava Max. But with this song too, I doubt I will for a while. I really like this a lot. The chorus is super catchy and I like her voice in a duet. AJ is good too, but his voice is just okay. If you haven’t listened to this, I highly suggest you do, because I can’t explain it very well.”

    No AJ Mitchell is such a horrible singer and he always sings like a horse. So Slow Dance is so crap and bc of that it is totally trash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. “Next we have more Harry Styles, this being the highest-debuting and definitely worst single coming up at #25. This song is just so boring. It has no life to it. Like, at least Watermelon Sugar has that awesome beat and that catchy hook, but this is just nothing! Literal nothing! Where is the song? I don’t see it! Where did it go? Did it ever exist? Guess not. Never mind, only one debut this week. Wait, I didn’t even say the name of the song. Never mind. There is no song.“

    The name of the song is called “Adore You” and yeah it is a song plus I have a feeling that it is okay but I can change however.

    ReplyDelete
  5. “I just remembered I promised you guys a review of last week’s Hit-Bound debuts this week. Alright, here we go. We’re kicking it off with a great new Lewis Capaldi song from this week called Before You Go. Now, I actually think this is better than Someone You Loved. The lyrics just sound like he thought them through a bit more, and overall I think the guitar just works really nicely with his voice. I really hope this debuts, and it probably will, since it’s a real single unlike Hold Me While You Wait which left this week. Whatever, this is better. I’m not complaining.“

    Agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. “Right after that, we have another song that debuted last week with hot girl bummer by blackbear. I really didn’t expect this to get picked up by Hits 1. I’m not sure why, because ROXANNE got picked up, but whatever, I’m not complaining about either of those! This song is honestly great. I find his vocals are like, just on the edge of annoying, but to the point where it’s actually enjoyable and a decent listen. I realize now that doesn’t make much sense, but I couldn’t care less, okay? I’m tired and I need to get this post out, so now I’m just putting random filler in here to fill up space. Anyways, NEXT!“

    No not next hot girl bummer sucks like sharks. I hate this kind of dirty looking crap of blood and it sucks like trash. OMG I hate this song already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. “So next we have a ballad by Halsey called Finally // beautiful stranger. Yeah, I’m not quite sure what’s up with the double slashes there, but whatever. This song is alright. She sounds pretty good for the most part, and her voice actually works surprisingly well for a ballad, but my one main issue is that it just really isn’t for me and I find it kind of boring. I know there are some people however, that would really like this, so I’m not really one to talk here.“

    Agreed

    ReplyDelete
  8. “Okay, next we have some more Niall Horan after the success of Nice to Meet Ya, except this time he brings us another ballad called Put a Little Love On Me. You know, it kind of reminds me a bit of This Town. In fact, he references that saying, “when the lights come up and there’s no shadows dancing” which I think is pretty cool. His voice works well here and it’s really just a sweet song. Although, for some reason, I’m not quite sure it’ll do well.“

    Agreed

    ReplyDelete
  9. “Our last debut from the past two weeks is Walking by 88rising, Joji, Jackson Wang, Swae Lee and Major Lazer. This song is forgettable. Like, so forgettable that I forgot. I doubt it’ll debut, but if it does I’ll try and review it.”

    It won’t debut and bc of that I had enough of Walking already this is going to be garbage like sugar, that’s why.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)