Saturday, September 7, 2019

Week of September 7, 2019 - Shawn Mendes (9)

Shawn Mendes (9)

We had a very eventful week this week. 7 debuts, huge jumps and a surprising top 20 entrant. Let’s kick it off with our 7 exits!

Songs We're Saying Goodbye To
Sweet but Psycho - Ava Max (#45) [#2]
Happier - Marshmello/Bastille (#42) [2 weeks at #1]
High Hopes - Panic! At The Disco (#40) [8 weeks at #1]
Find U Again - Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello (#39) [#23]
So Am I - Ava Max (#37) [#7]
Mother's Daughter - Miley Cyrus (#24) [#20]
The Git Up - Blanco Brown (#23) [#22]

Last Week's #1: If I Can't Have You - Shawn Mendes (8)

#45: Without Me - Halsey (-2) [5 weeks at #1]
#44: Bad Liar - Imagine Dragons (-) [#6]
#43: This Feeling - The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini (-2) [7 weeks at #1]
#42: Speechless - Dan + Shay (-11) [#9]
#41: Here With Me - Marshmello/CHVRCHES (-7) [#5]
#40: One Thought Away - Asher Angel (-7) [#33]
#39: Trampoline - SHAED (-12) [#27]
#38: 3 Nights - Dominic Fike (DEBUT) [8 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#37: Let Me Down Slowly - Alec Benjamin (+1) [#4]
#36: Harder - Jax Jones/Bebe Rexha (DEBUT) [6 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#35: Dream Boy - Waterparks (DEBUT) [3 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#34: ME! - Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie (+1) [#2]
#33: How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith (DEBUT) [6 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#32: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus (-) [#7]
#31: With You - Kaskade/Meghan Trainor (-5) [#21]
#30: 100 Bad Days - AJR (-10) [#19]
#29: Hate Me - Ellie Goulding/Juice WRLD (DEBUT) [8 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#28: Look Away - Stephen Puth (-6) [#22]
#27: All the Time - Zara Larsson (+3) [#27] *new peak*
#26: Make You Mine - PUBLIC (+3) [#19]
#25: boyfriend - Ariana Grande/Social House (DEBUT) [5 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#24: bad guy - Billie Eilish (-12) [#10]
#23: Small Talk - Katy Perry (-2) [#21]
#22: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid (DEBUT) [5 weeks in Hit-Bound]
#21: Dancing's Not a Crime - Panic! At The Disco (-7) [#10]
#20: Goodbyes - Post Malone (-3) [#17]
#19: Love Me Less - MAX/Quinn XCII (-1) [#10]
#18: Call You Mine - The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini (+1) [#15]
#17: Look What God Gave Her - Thomas Rhett (+19) [#17] *new peak*
#16: Never Really Over - Katy Perry (-5) [#10]
#15: I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber (-7) [#5]
#14: Talk - Khalid/Disclosure (-1) [#6]
#13: Rescue Me - OneRepublic (+12) [#13] *new peak*
#12: Nightmare - Halsey (+4) [#2]
#11: If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin (+4) [#3]
#10: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco (-5) [3 weeks at #1]
#9: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer (+1) [#5]
#8: Truth Hurts - Lizzo (+20) [#7]
#7: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello (-1) [#5]
#6: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift (-3) [#3]
#5: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi (+4) [#4]
#4: Cool - Jonas Brothers (+3) [#4] *new peak*
#3: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer (+1) [2 weeks at #1]
#2: Sucker - Jonas Brothers (-) [13 weeks at #1]
#1: If I Can't Have You - Shawn Mendes (-) [9th week at #1]

Last Year's #1: Youngblood - 5 Seconds of Summer [1/5 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: I Warned Myself - Charlie Puth

We got 7 songs this week. Our first is 3 Nights by Dominic Fike. This is a pretty good song for the most part. It’s nothing special, it’s just a ukelele track with a guy singing, but it’s pretty catchy. It’s just a really fun song here. I don’t expect it to do that well, but that’s alright.

Our next song is really mediocre. It’s Harder by Jax Jones and Bebe Rexha. Honestly, I’m just really not feeling this song. The vocals are pretty good, but it’s just so boring. The production isn’t that great, and for Jax Jones making his countdown debut, I think they could’ve picked a better song. Like That’s What I Like About You with Theresa Rex.

Immediately after that, we have a song that I didn’t really expect to debut. It’s Dream Boy by Waterparks. This song is a bop. The vocals are pretty good for the most part, except for the part with the electronic vocals. I like how this is one of the songs that like, only Hits 1 picks up. I honestly don’t know where they find these songs. I hope this becomes a hit. We’ll see.

Sam Smith has his first solo debut of the countdown this year with How Do You Sleep?. This song isn’t bad, just kind of underwhelming. I like his voice, that always sounds good, but my problem with it is the weird production in the hook. It just doesn’t work that well with his voice. But not a bad song by any means.

Juice WRLD makes his countdown return with Ellie Goulding on Hate Me. I really like this song. Both artists sound great on it and I love the chorus. It’s just so catchy. I think Juice WRLD is super talented and I hope this song gives him more success on Hits 1.

Our only bad debut this week comes from Ariana Grande (Who else?) and Social House. boyfriend is legit just another bad Ariana Grande song. I hope this isn’t from a new album ‘cause I don’t think I can handle more Ariana Grande. Social House doesn’t add much to this song and I just don’t want to see it do well.

For our highest debut, we have a spectacular song by the name of Beautiful People by Ed Sheeran and Khalid. This song is just so Beautiful. ;) But seriously, this is a collaboration I never saw coming, but it works so well. The second verse gives me chills every time when Khalid says “LA” and then the track just stops. Great debut, and it will do well.

Best Debut: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid

Biggest DROP!!!: Trampoline - SHAED & bad guy - Billie Eilish (-12): For Trampoline, I’m so sad it’s not doing well here, since it’s doing fine everywhere else. For bad guy, I’m happy. I hated this song from the very beginning.

Biggest Jump: Truth Hurts - Lizzo (+20): No.

My Top 5 Picks
#5: Small Talk - Khalid
#4: 100 Bad Days - AJR
#3: Goodbyes - Post Malone
#2: Trampoline - SHAED
#1: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid

My Bottom 5 Picks
#5: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#4: Nightmare - Halsey
#3: Cool - Jonas Brothers
#2: boyfriend - Ariana Grande/Social House
#1: Truth Hurts - Lizzo

Top 20 Ranking
#20: Truth Hurts - Lizzo
#19: Cool - Jonas Brothers
#18: Nightmare - Halsey
#17: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco
#16: If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendes
#15: Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer
#14: Never Really Over - Katy Perry
#13: Talk - Khalid
#12: If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin
#11: Love Me Less - MAX/Quinn XCII
#10: Call You Mine - The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha
#9: Easier - 5 Seconds of Summer
#8: Sucker - Jonas Brothers
#7: I Don’t Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber
#6: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#5: Look What God Gave Her - Thomas Rhett
#4: Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello
#3: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift
#2: Rescue Me - OneRepublic
#1: Goodbyes - Post Malone

5 Oldest Songs
#5: Speechless - Dan + Shay
#4: Let Me Down Slowly - Alec Benjamin
#3: Without Me - Halsey
#2: This Feeling - The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini
#1: Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Paper Rings - Taylor Swift

Hit-Bound
Time - NF [1]
What Am I - Why Don’t We [1]
Higher Love - Kygo/Whitney Houston [2]
Liar - Camila Cabello [1]
Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer [3]
Circles - Post Malone [1]
I Warned Myself - Charlie Puth [3]
The Hype - Twenty One Pilots [5]
frick, i'm lonely - Lauv/Anne-Marie [1]
Jesus In LA - Alec Benjamin [5]
Good As Hell - Lizzo [5]
Only Human - Jonas Brothers [9]
Shameless - Camila Cabello [1]
Roaring 20s - Panic! At The Disco [5]
Lover - Taylor Swift [4]
Kill My Mind - Louis Tomlinson [1]

Our first new Hit-Bound song is by the extremely talented NF. Time is one of my favourite songs by him. His voice sounds really great, the beat is amazing and the violins work really well with the song and the outro is probably the best part of the song. The chorus isn’t bad either. I’m not sure about the high voice, but overall, this is a great song that should definitely be a hit.

Our second song is a really sweet song. I was kind of waiting for Why Don’t We to get a big mainstream hit, ‘cause they’re not bad. When I first heard What Am I, I never thought it would be this. But little did I know, it is. I’m not sure if it’s gonna be a huge hit, but it’s still really good. All of them sound really good and the chorus is very catchy. The bridge is great too. I hope this debuts.

Our first of two Camila Cabello songs on Hit-Bound is Liar. I like the vibe here even though it’s similar to her other songs. It’s pretty catchy and pretty good. I’m gonna have to listen to it a few more times to review it properly, so I’ll do a more thorough review when it debuts.

Our fourth Hit-Bound song is Circles by Post Malone. This also has a unique vibe. It doesn’t work as well with his voice than Goodbyes, but that’s okay. The vibe is great. I like the guitar throughout the song and his voice isn’t bad. My main problem with this is that his voice doesn’t work that well.

Next is another song from 13 Reasons Why. It’s frick, i'm lonely (or, i’m lonely according to Hits 1, but that just doesn’t sound that good) by Lauv and Anne-Marie. This is a great song. I know I’m gonna get a lot of hate for this because a lot of people don’t like these artists. Anne-Marie is my favourite female artists, so I like it a lot. I don’t find Lauv’s voice that bad. However, I do find their voices quite compressed in the verses for some reason, but whatever. It’s still good.

This is definitely the better Camila Cabello song that debuted Hit-Bound this week. I know Adrian is gonna argue that her voice sucks in this but I mean, come on… it’s not that bad. I like how this is stepping away from the latin vibe a bit, and it works really well. The production is great here. The writing isn’t anything special, but that’s alright. I hope this one debuts before Liar. If these songs both debut, they’ll be Camila Cabello songs #4 and #5 of 2019. (Consequences, Señorita, Find U Again)

Alright! The fourteenth song that I have to review this week! This is it! Oh no. Kill My Mind by Louis Tomlinson isn’t that good. Not a great way to end Hit-Bound. His voice doesn’t sound that good. I don’t really like the vibe here either. Can we have Two of Us back? No? Okay. Fine.

Best Hit-Bound Entrant: Time - NF

Hit-Bound Ranking
#16: Kill My Mind - Louis Tomlinson
#15: Lover - Taylor Swift
#14: Jesus In LA - Alec Benjamin
#13: Circles - Post Malone
#12: Liar - Camila Cabello
#11: Roaring 20s - Panic! At The Disco
#10: Good As Hell - Lizzo
#9: Only Human - Jonas Brothers
#8: Shameless - Camila Cabello
#7: lonely - Lauv/Anne-Marie
#6: What Am I - Why Don’t We
#5: Higher Love - Kygo/Whitney Houston
#4: Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer
#3: I Warned Myself - Charlie Puth
#2: The Hype - Twenty One Pilots
#1: Time - NF

We lost 7 songs this week. Sweet but Psycho, Happier, High Hopes, Find U Again, So Am I, Mother’s Daughter and The Git Up. For both Ava Max songs, they weren’t that good and were pretty much the same song. For Happier, it was probably due time for this to go, but I still liked it. For Find U Again, it was mediocre and I didn’t expect it to do well. For Mother’s Daughter, it was good and I’m sad it’s gone. For The Git Up, I wish it lasted longer because it was pretty good. For High Hopes, it’s been here for way too long. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still a great song, but when you hear a song on the countdown and then also on last year’s #1, you know something’s wrong.

Speechless should leave soon. We shouldn’t have a country song be the #5 oldest song.

100 Bad Days fell out of the top 20 this week. Sucks. I wish this lasted a bit longer.

Dancing’s Not a Crime fell out of the top 20. No doubt it’ll get a boost when it’s released.

Um. Look What God Gave Her is in the top 20. Alright. I’ll take it.

Rescue Me hit top 15 this week. I hope this becomes a huge hit.

Please leave, Hey Look Ma, I Made It.

Why is Cool in the top 5? Get rid of this for Only Human please.

There are much better songs that should be at #1 other than If I Can’t Have You. Like You Need To Calm Down, Señorita, Someone You Loved. Maybe even Sucker again.

YouTube 15
bad guy - Billie Eilish [16]
Runaway - Sebastian Yatra/Jonas Brothers/Daddy Yankee/Natti Natasha [12]
Not 20 Anymore - Bebe Rexha [1]
Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus [22]
Motivation - Normani [3]
How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith [1]
When It Comes To You - Sean Paul [1]
You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift [10]
Hot Girl Summer - Megan Thee Stallion/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign [4]
Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi [4]
Circles - Post Malone [1]
Truth Hurts - Lizzo [10]
DOLLAR - Becky G/Myke Towers [8]
Talk - Khalid/Disclosure [18]
Graduation - benny blanco/Juice WRLD [1]

No Longer Trending
Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith/Normani [26]
I Warned Myself - Charlie Puth [1]
Try - Lost Kings/SAFE [1]
What Am I - Why Don’t We [1]
Teeth - 5 Seconds of Summer [1]

YouTube 15 Ranking
#15: Truth Hurts - Lizzo
#14: Hot Girl Summer - Megan Thee Stallion/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign
#13: bad guy - Billie Eilish
#12: DOLLAR - Becky G/Myke Towers
#11: When It Comes To You - Sean Paul
#10: Graduation - benny blanco/Juice WRLD
#9: Not 20 Anymore - Bebe Rexha
#8: Talk - Khalid
#7: Motivation - Normani
#6: Runaway - Sebastian Yatra/Jonas Brothers/Daddy Yankee/Natti Natasha
#5: Circles - Post Malone
#4: How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith
#3: Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
#2: Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus
#1: You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift

5 comments:

  1. Aww this looks liek a nice post.

    And of course, first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALSO:



    #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Take What You Want - Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I forgot to finish it. XD

      Delete

My Most Bestest Posts (What People Read. A Lot.)